azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:15 am
Oliver probably could do those things. "Yeah!" exclaimed Gloom, rolling around a little bit before he seemed to be a fluff of shadow and no longer a pancake.

"There's plenty of dangerous things. The mineminemine, the word stealers, the thing that hates the changes, and sometimes even other creatures who aren't friendly." Gloom paused a moment. "Sometimes it's even yourself, if you're not careful."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:32 pm
    "Yeah, I don't know what any of those things are." He said with a tired drawl, eyes more or less focused on on the rest of the room rather than on Gloom. "But I don't think I have to worry about myself flying off the handle any time soon."

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:59 pm
The room was, surprisingly, filled with books at the corners. There was one, nearby to Oliver, that said scary ABCs on it (because how else had he learned).

Gloom himself wrinkled his nose up. "The mineminemine are ... gulls? Seagulls? They yell at y'and curse. Very rude. The word stealers will take y'OWN words from y'and the other thing ... It's been here since things changed. If y'are careful, y'will be fine."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:51 pm
    "Seagulls..." He said, dull, "Evil seagulls?" He wasn't really surprised though, all things considered. "The other thing sounds like the worst, but only because you're being so ominous about it."

He sat up, expression serious, "Like, you know." His hands raised menacingly, "The scary things that go bump in the night..." A low fog rolled out around him, but he seemed utterly oblivious to it.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:58 pm
"Evil rude seagulls." The most important detail that. "I can't really describe it. I stay away because it makes things ... weird." Gloom let out a slightly disgruntled chitter. "Weirder." Another important detail.

His eyes, white and luminescent, began to widen and glow brighter. Mostly because of the fog that rolled out from Ollie. "THAT IS SO COOL," he exclaimed, tumbling forward into the fog and against Oliver's leg.

Was he going to try and bounce and prance in the fog? Absolutely.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:12 pm
    "What's cool...?" Oliver looked down when Gloom bumped into him, and then his own eyes went as wide as saucers. Where was the fog coming from? Was it evil fog? Was this the indescribable menace that Gloom was talking about? But Gloom didn't seem bothered... unless it was a ruse?

Oh my god, it was probably chloroform or something. He'd let his guard down and now he was going to be locked in Otherworld 4th Wall hell for the rest of his short existence. Maybe that's what Gloom was. Maybe everyone who died here became a shadow weasel.

Except he wasn't passing out, which was cool.

"I...? Are you doing that?" His voice wavered, but it was mostly kept together.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:17 pm
"Hey-" Gloom stopped his frolicking (and trying to eat the fog) and turned to look at Ollie. In a couple bounds he was pressing his paws against legs and bouncing twice so that they were attention grabbing.

"Y'doing that, not me. It's magic. Y'magic, not mine. It's really cool. All spooky ..."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:06 am
    "Well, that's... new, then." He said slowly, disjointed, unsure of himself. Maybe he was still beginning the process of becoming a soul shackled shadow animal regardless of any malicious intent. Maybe he'd still die here no matter what. He held his breath, breathed out slowly, inhaled slowly.

All's fun and games till someone starts mutating new powers. "I think that's my cue to get back to work." The way he spoke was steadfast and curt. "But I'll... be... back for the things. Eventually." If I'm not dead.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:35 am
Gloom bounced his paws against Oliver's legs one more time. "I can take y'back, if y'want. Right to where y'left."

Mostly there was a chitter of concern in the shadowy creature but he knew enough about humans to leave them be sometimes when they were panicking.

This was panic, right?

Melancholies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:49 pm
    "No, no, that's quite alright." He held a hand up for emphasis before letting it slowly fall. "I can find my own way in and out whenever I want." It was pretty damn useful, all things considered. That was his cue to slowly stand up.

He was brushing the dust off of his clothes, "Seriously though, if you take stuff, try to make sure it finds its way back. I don't know how else to explain it to my boss." 'Yes, it was a shadow marten the entire time!'; actually, Cid might buy that. He'd have to see.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:06 pm
Gloom tumbled off and stretched once Oliver was standing and dusting himself off. There was still a worried kind of look on him, as much as his ears flicked opposite directions and his tail swishing very, very slowly could show.

"If y'need help or somethin'," he said with a quiet chitter, "y'can just look for me. Call my name and I will hear ya."

Then, in a quiet voice with a small head jerk that was probably a nod. "I will do that. I don't want to upset the owner. That would be bad." He paused. "Y'take care of y'self, Oliver." Patting Oliver's shoe once with a shadowy paw, as if it was meant to be reassuring and show concern, Gloom then tumbled back to his kyubey beanbag bed chair.

To start reading apparently, if the book that was dropped next to him by shadows was anything to go by.

Melancholies
SHADOWY THIEVERY - gloom is apparently concerned about oliver! since he is and he does so like intangibles sometimes, he has stolen a day's worth of anxiety from him. go have a nice relaxing day, ollie. you deserve it!

(ps: it's a wrap on ur post <3!)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:46 pm
    "I'll... keep that in mind." He said after a long moment. Gloom tapped his shoe, and Ollie felt something strange ripple through his head. Did he... lose something? He couldn't tell. It didn't feel like he lost anything, but he felt emptier for it too.

Rather than question he, he beckoned the shadow-thing a good bye with his hand. Returning upstairs, the world slowly bled back into color, his hand on the door as he returned to his own world.

Not a second lost from his shift; imagine that. For some reason though, he wasn't all that bothered.

azuredreams
AND DONE TY!

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items