Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ Events ]:
Welcome Aernyn Naiads! - Free Raffle & RP Contest Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:31 am
((cuz I am tired and too lazy to switch accounts, I will be replying for both Tari and the shop's NPC part. ))

Tari looked at the water, horrified what was going on. She'd never in her life seen water behave like this. She'd actually never before witnessed magic of this type either, so this was extremely alien to the Aernyn Naiad. After her body had been re-hydrated, she grabbed for Aeroniel's arm and backpeddled towards the shore. She hadn't waited for the re-hydration, it simply took that long for her brain to process that the flashing under water, the bubbles and everything was not normal.

"I think its a trap, we have to get out of here!" she called to Aeroniel, scared for her court's life as well as her own. She was still unaware of the glowing coming from her back.

Her survival and fighting instincts kicked in; she had to protect Aeroniel, Turin and Sadron, and the young natives that accompanied them to the lake even, as she was sure this was a threat to them too.

The transformation was quick and fluid. The decorated Naiad woman's shape grew, and changed to that a giant sea leviathan. She appeared to be made from water, and was clear as such, but completely solid still. Her tail quickly lashed out, encircling the group, protecting her court, and anyone that happened to be standing near them. Diana, the young girl. The only one that appeared joyful that this was occurring was in her sights. "What is going on here." Tariel demanded of Diana. The tone sounded similar to the Queen, but deeper, louder. It was more commanding then Tari's normal tone as well.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:43 am
While the Pae on the beach had their focus diverted to the giant water serpent, the activity in the Lake began to slowly fade. The pulsing lights dimmed with each pulse and the massive amount of bubbles and activity surrounding the castle ruins was thinning out.

It was only a few minutes before it had all ended. No trace of the glowing light, the bubbles or the assumed boiling lake.

Laying in its wake however, the castle ruins were ruins no more. The eroded, broken stone that had once marked the home of the former leader of the Naiads in ancient times, had suddenly been brought back to life, as if it hadn't aged a day. The walls were clean and white, adorned with golden accents. Not a single stone had even a crack. The once dark and murky corridors that remained of the castle were restored to their former glory. Alu's Spring had come back to life.

Most of it was clearly not visible from the location on shore the spectators were. However, the halls of the castle were lit again, so its possible they can see the distant lights underwater.

((Alu's Spring was the name of the castle in ancient times.))  

Guardian_Iris
Captain

HelMel
Crew

Questionable Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:58 am

Turning to his young charge, he pointed to the ground. "YOU! STAY!" He shouted to Kieran. "I'll be back, little hunter. I'm going to keep us all from being eaten." As he turned back he muttered to himself snarky remarks about getting himself eaten instead and tasting good with various condiments.

He ran as best as he could on these land legs to where Tari could see him; it was a rough trip, the hard ground making his ankles and back ache as his feet clopped along.

Standing below the serpent, Sadron began to wave his arms frantically. He was worried that if she got panicked in this form she would hurt this leader pae.

"HEY, YOU! YEAH YOU! DOWN HERE!"

Sadron worked Tariel under a simple rule: Distractions are good...pain is bad. However desperate times called for desperate measures. Gulping and hoping she'd not eat him for real, he turned his back to her and waggled his fanny. "YES, YOU! TARI'S GOT A BIG BUTT!!!" He smacked his a** and wiggled it again. "BIG BUTT BIG ********, this better work, he thought to himself. How embarrassing...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:41 pm
Diana didn't look surprised at all the was happening. She was excited and very happy. "Queen Alu, do not be disturbed by these events. You are home." She bowed to the big serpent. She was sure that after the shock wore off the Queen would be ok.

Diana didn't pay attention to the others, not even when he male tried to lure the Queen's attention. She was more interested in what was going on in the water. She could see shimmering lights! Diana clapped her hands, "See!" She pointed down to prove her point. "Your castle has been rebuilt! It is time for you to rein over the naiads once more. As, Arda has returned to rein over the faun." The tree of Laisidhiel where Rais reined over the faun had returned recently and Diana had been just as excited.

spookyx7

1,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Brandisher 100

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:17 pm
One of the drawbacks to having a feral form, especially one of a mythical beast, is its hard to control. Tariel's only thought was protecting her people, and the innocents that were there from the 'evil' Diana who had tricked them to some Lake, which was some big cooking pot. At least, that's where the irrational part of her thinking led to.

She was just about to snap, and attack the small pae when she heard Sadron. He'd been quiet nearly the whole trip through the dry land. She did at one point wonder if he'd wandered off. But she was selfishly concerned with herself and her dry burning skin nearly that whole trek.

"Sadron!" came the harsh sounding version of what's normally a bubbly voice.

Oh he hit a nerve there. I do not have a big butt, and why would he choose now to tease...? Her head moved closer to him, anger shifting to Sadron. Slowly as she got closer to the lead hunter, she started turning back into her normal pae form. When she was standing right in front him, she pulled her hand back to give him a slap, aiming for his cheek. "I do NOT have a big butt."

Something about what Sadron does always worked to distract her when she loses her temper. Perhaps that's why she did in fact keep him around?

It was when she heard Diana speak up again, in that cheery voice that she remembered what was going on. She turned on her heel and approached the short pae. "What is the meaning of this?" she was angry with her tone, but it was way less threatening than the deep tone of her leviathan form. She was pointing out towards the water, which looked calm now, with the exception of glow coming from what appeared to be a large dwelling. Tari was confused, but tried to stay focused on Diana. "I am Tariel. Not Alu. Is Alu your leader? Is that where she is?" Tari looked around thinking perhaps Diana was addressing the leader of this island.

It was what Diana said next that piqued her intrigue. My castle? This ... rock destroyed my castle. "You speak unfamiliar words. Naiads? Arda? Faun? And ... my castle? This ... this ... rock destroyed my castle. Is this compensation for destroying our home?" Her voice was demanding as she spoke.

She turned to Turin, Sadron, Aeroniel, Nyruna, and Kelebek, searching their faces. She felt like a failure as a leader. Lead these innocents to their doom, and was stuck in a situation that she didn't know how to control.

Queen Alu ... you are home. Was she talking to ... me? She looked back to Diana. "Who is Alu?"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:29 pm
The male aernyn backed away quickly. When the female was fully shifted back to her natural state, Sadron stood still and stiffened for the incoming impact.

~SLAP~

"Love you too, dearest," he muttered, popping his jaw and rubbing the sore spot on his face.

She'd be pissed at him for awhile, he was sure. However it saved them from being eaten. At least it had gone more smoothly than last time the Queen exploded.

Last time, Tariel the serpent had bitten a chunk out of his tail fin she was so angry. He had to go feral as well and combat her to keep her from harming the others. She was pissed with him for over a month after that due to the black eye he gave her.

Sensing her calmness, he stood as a sentry by her side, cheek blazing an odd purple mixture of scarlet and his teal scales. Just in case, he told himself.

HelMel
Crew

Questionable Waffles

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:00 pm
Way too much happening at once.

Thrown off-balance on these stupid land legs, the Captain dropped to his knees in the shallow water, spear gripped tightly in his hands. Not that he could retreat or move forward with the Queen's large form coiling about the party.

And if she'd transformed...they must all be in danger. Or they would be.

His first instinct was to follow her actions and transform as well, even though he had no idea who to attack or defend from at this point. His second, more rational thought...was to transform anyway to protect everyone else from the Queen's wrath. He wasn't sure he could bring himself to attack her directly, but he'd certainly do his best to protect the others and hold her off if necessary.

Fortunately, it seemed he wouldn't need to add another giant serpent to the mix. With a mixture of disbelief and momentary confusion, he blinked at the Commander's actions, taking a moment to realize exactly what he was up to. Good idea...but risky as hell. Especially after last time.

For now, the bodyguard stayed out of the confrontation, watching warily, but with some relief as the Queen started shifting back to her normal form. At least no one was in danger of being eaten at this point. It left him free to puzzle over what the young girl/child was babbling about. Had she hit her head? Nothing of what she was saying was making much sense.

Spear in hand, Turin climbed back to his feet and moved to join the others now that things were cooling down again. He let the Queen deal with the weird child and instead kept a bit of distance, glancing sideways at Sadron. In a rare moment of seriousness and no hint of teasing, he muttered, "You alright?"

Then the moment was broken when he half-smirked and continued. "Least it was better than last time."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:36 am
"Oh....gods and little fishes!" murmurs Kelebek. The Queen had gone feral on them. That's...never a good sign. Wishing sorely she could disappear into the flora, she looks around frantically for some way to help without falling on her face.

Deprived of his hiding place, Kieran whimpers and hops back and forth from one hoof to the other. The light pink lady with really messy hair looked solid enough, and he's awful tempted to go hide behind her, but the green man had said to stay put where he was. So he continues to whine and fidget, but keeps himself solidly exactly where he is.  

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

spookyx7

1,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:14 am
Diana was relieved when the Queen went back to herself, but she was sure nothing bad would have happened to her. "You are Alu, and that is your kingdom." Diana said as she nodded her head to the lights under the water. She knew the Queen would understand once she went and looked for herself.

"Go, look at you palace. You belong there." Diana said a bit more urgently. She only wished she could see herself. It was bound to be beautiful. "It's been waiting for your arrival." Diana said she still sounded so excited. What a lovely day. The mellons flying about her did little cartwheels. One flew close to the Queen and looked a bit happier then the rest.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:55 pm
Tariel gazed at this strange creature, deep in thought, still trying to calm herself from her fears and anger. How ... would she know? "I am Queen Tariel of the Aernyn. We," she motioned towards the others that had accompanied her to the shores of this island. "have only known this home. Our kingdom lay below the water surface, destroyed by this ... this ... flying land. And you tell me, that the castle in that ... lake, you call it? is our home?"

This was all very hard to swallow. However, their home under the sea had been obliterated so she wondered if perhaps this was compensation.

As hesitant as she was to re-enter the water, the Queen looked towards the dim lights beneath its surface. Turning to her court, she looked upon their faces, seeing the worry and fear. She wondered if this trip on the land was worth it. Should she at least look at the castle? Was it a trap? So far, nothing had been, but that's not to say it could be.

Not being one to pass up an exploration, she decided that would be their last duty before returning to the sea. "Turin, Sadron, Aeroniel, Kelebek and Nyruna, would you accompany me to that Castle? We'll return home after exploring this lake."

Admittedly, she did feel a pull to the lake, it was very hard to understand, but she felt like not only did she want to see this castle, but she had to.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:50 am
Kelebek blinks rapidly. "M-me? Are you sure you want me, my Queen?" she asks incredulously. She's the last person she herself would choose to explore a foreign place. She's clumsy and loud and ostentatious and completely incompetent in many ways.

Still, her heart leaps in excitement. The Queen considered her part of the court! She takes a faltering step forward.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:36 pm
Nyruna nods, still taking in all the happenings. She always felt overwhelmed when feral forms were assumed, she'd never actually had that experience for herself, she shied away from the thought that perhaps that was why she avoided others.

With as much oddities as had been occurring, Nyruna felt safe in speaking up, "I could scout ahead, make sure there's no lurking dangers, I am somewhat accustomed to exploration." She waits for her Queen's nod or other affirmation before hurrying into the soothing water and on towards the castle. If denied, she will stay with the court.  

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:32 pm
Due to lack of interest and declining participation, this event will be wrapped up with a summary shortly.

Thank you to everyone who participated and helped to welcome (mostly I guess) the Naiad Queen to Telrunya.

:[ Events ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff