Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Slytherin Quidditch Practice: Teams Posted! (Oct - Dec 2023) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Essy ze Ninja rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 8, 1, 6, 5, 6, 5, 2, 1, 3 Total: 44 (10-100)

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:32 pm
Second year, Slytherin
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

She whirled across the field, soaring into the open sky while her eyes of pale misted green darted back and forth across the pitch, in search for the hopeful snitch. She whirred to the left, she had sworn she thought she saw a glitter of gold amidst the hues of brown, green, and orange, intermingled together to form a relay of confusion to any other’s eyes.

She cursed, rearing upwards into the sky to catch a better view of the quidditch pitch, circling high and on the edge, eyes in search of any tiny flutters of wild and sporadic motions.

Desires: Perfection
Troubles: "Three Lives"

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Ronyo Storm rolled 10 10-sided dice: 3, 8, 10, 7, 4, 2, 10, 8, 4, 8 Total: 64 (10-100)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:31 am
Slytherin Quidditch Practice Pitch User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Third Year

Ronyo watched the girl with the bright haired fly straight towards him in hopes to score on her own without so much as a glance to her teammate. It was indeed a bold tactic, one Ronyo was not fully in the understanding of but none the less he would be ready for the girl and her attempt at a goal. She had seemed slightly agitated towards Annabelle something Ronyo hoped they would either keep under wraps during games or sort out and handle before he had to step in. As the girl came closer Ronyo focused on the quaffle and waited to see where it would be thrown.

The throw was strong and had a good amount of speed on it as it hurtled towards the goal post. Ronyo took off to partially intercept the throw but stay well within a defendable arc incase the other player happened to come in and make a play. Ronyo managed to dash in at the last moment and knock the quaffle away before it went through the goal ring. If the girl had put some spin on the throw Ronyo might not have been able to block it, or if she had worked with her teammate. None the less it was a good first attempt but one attempt did not a try-out make.

“Good throw, try it again and remember you have a team member to help you out. One player cannot win a game on their own.”

((OOC: Lady Ariadelle please know that you must make five posts before you are in range to score a goal, your fifth post is where you roll the dice for your throw. As this is just practice the attempt you made is fine, on the next few I would like you to go with the basic to get use to the play style.))  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
Golden Anbu rolled 10 10-sided dice: 4, 9, 8, 3, 9, 2, 7, 7, 2, 6 Total: 57 (10-100)

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:37 am
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This position was defintely harder to play then it seemed. Normally she could take in many things at once with no problem. However with all the moving bodies, trying to focus on something as tiny as the Golden Snitch was proving difficult. Vanessa sighed. Maybe if I take a higher and still position instead of rotating around the pitch like I have been she wondered trying to figure out the best way to observe the location of the snitch.

As she started on her way up she gripped the handle a bit tighter. All this reminded of her of how her parents were neither supportive of her trying out nor Dismissive of it. The one thing they had said suddenly popped into her head. The only one to play quidditch in the past 10 Hopewell generations was Wyatt and look where he ended up one of the Azkaban detainees that had broken out. The blond shook her head now was not the time to worry about that. She had to focus on the tryout. Besides she was noting like her uncle the only thing they had in common with quidditch and the Hopewell family blood.

With another deep breath, She turned her green eyes back to the pitch. Now was definately not the time to be worrying about all that stuff all she needed to worry about was the golden snitch and it's location. Several times she thought she saw hint of gold but when she turned her attention toward it, it had gone.

-----♥----------♥----------♥-----
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

((Only Observations Counted: ))  
Essy ze Ninja rolled 10 10-sided dice: 8, 10, 7, 1, 6, 8, 6, 3, 8, 2 Total: 59 (10-100)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:36 pm
Second year, Slytherin
My life is so cold
User Image

Tight, numbing fingers of ivory clenched the wooden broom handle of the school, the aged and experience vessel under her soared with precision as she circled around the badger sigil of distorted colors of yellow and gray. Wind rushed through her hair, the blonde mass of curls whipped wildly behind her in its ponytail. And then, there it was, the glittering sphere of precious gold. It soared beneath her near the stands and with a genuine thrust downwards, she was off. Zooming across the sky and veering away from the fiery first year with cropped hair as she narrowed in on the snitch. A brilliant smile laced upon Belle's lips.

[OOC: quick question, if I don’t catch the snitch do I lose sight of it—or can I keep rolling until I do catch it?]

Troubles: "Three Lives"

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Ariadelle

Fashionable Scamp

27,675 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:53 pm
User Image
Rhea Ventura
1st year Slytherin

Huffing at the failed attempt, she pocketed the quaffle in her arms as it was chucked back her way. It was true that she hadn't used Arnez to her playing advantage, but frankly the boy was still on the ground. If he didn't get his sorry butt up here she'd have to play without him.

Nodding to the captain, she adjusted a bit to compensate for the small amount of added weight and took off to distance herself from the goals. How could she go about it this time? Yes, more spin would make sense, as would passing. Perhaps she could even throw it a bit ahead of herself and catch midair so that is could divert his attention. The last plan sounded to be a bit above her current level, as she hadn't even achieved spin on her first throw. Rhea knew though that she had a few moments to think a new strategy over.

Like a whirl, the Annabelle girl sped past her in the opposite direction. What was she up to? Surely she hadn't spotted the snitch so soon into the game? If she did, she had the eyes of a hawk. Rhea hoped that wasn't the case though, as that certainly meant that she'd make the team, and if she did as well, it would mean quite a bit of time together.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:02 pm
Arnez Antonio Cesare de la Frontera

First Year -- Slytherin

User Image

Arnez watched in wonderment as the try-outs started. He gazed as Annabelle zoomed across the sky and as Rhea made her first attempt against Ronyo. Why am I not doing anything... Let's change that. Arnez grabbed a broom and quickly revisited his first flying class to remember his technique. He looked up and pushed off in the direction where Rhea was flying. Arnez gently weaved his way through the air, getting the feel of his broom as well as the flying.

“Sorry Rhea, I was too busy watching.” Arnez apologized as he hovered near her. “We should work together to score, ya'know. Duos always work better in sport.” He added, formulating plays in his mind and thinking of ways to fool the captain. He may be young, but Arnez was completely confident in his ability to score points, regardless of sport or activity.

Suddenly, Annabelle blazed past, jarring thoughts of plays into thoughts of shock and awe. She found it already!?!? He thought as he watched her swoop down. “Let's try to do a give-and-go. Pass it to me before we get too close, and then go as fast as you can around his side, and I'll pass it back to you, okay?” Arnez instructed as he put some distance between him and Rhea. He wanted to be on the team, and he figured what better way to make the team than to be a team player.

Still swerving side to side on his broom, he gained more and more confidence with his feet not on the ground. Arnez waited until Rhea gave him the ready and watched as Annabelle chased after what seemed to be nothing.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Manny The Great22

The Ariadelle

Fashionable Scamp

27,675 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:51 pm
User Image
Rhea Ventura
1st year Slytherin

She had to agree with Arnez, if they worked together they'd make much more progress out here. Rhea nodded to the boy and flew off a bit so she could get some better practice at passing, before throwing the ball at Arnez.

Making sure he got the catch, she got a tighter grip of her broom and sped off down the side, heading straight for the goal posts. If this new tactic didn't help, she didn't know what would. Rhea turned to her side to make sure Arnez was keeping up, he did have that quaffle to carry and it did make balance a bit off up here.  
Golden Anbu rolled 10 10-sided dice: 5, 3, 5, 5, 9, 9, 4, 3, 4, 2 Total: 49 (10-100)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:04 am
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was only breifly but Vanessa noticed her opponent rush towards a specific spot. Instinctivly she turned her broom to try and get a better view of what it had been that Annabell had seen. Her green eyes survayed the whole general area around the other seeker. Of course it had to be spotted while she had been lost in her pointless thoughts. I think it was just another trick of the eye for her. she said trying to comfort herself since once again it seemed to be an false alarm.

Breifly the third year closed her eyes and took a breath. "come on I need to focus, If I'm this distracted during the tryouts what am I going to do if I acutally do get the position?" she scolded herself, not even thinking twice about the fact that she was actually speaking outloud to herself. Perhaps she had been too much time by herself but once again that was for sometime off the pitch now it was time to focus on quidditch and finding that snitch.

-----♥----------♥----------♥-----
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

((Only Observations Counted: I'm acutally not sure either, this is my first character I had tryout for seeker. I think it's supposed to be two consective posts but Kat was never specific.))  

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:21 pm
User Image

Jasmine Acacia

Second YearSlytherinTriplet

Jasmine couldn't beleive that she had nearly overslept today out of all days. Today, she wanted to follow in her father's footsteps, albeit for a different house. That really made no difference. She just wanted to be a professional like him one day. The redheaded girl sprinted onto the Quidditch Pitch holding the broom that her father had gotten for her before she had to return to school.

When she arrived, she saw that they were already up practicing. "Hey Ronyo!" she shouted up to the boy in the center ring, knowing that he was the new captain, from what she had heard. "I hope I'm not too late to try-out," she said with a smile as she picked up a form and started to fill it out.

Jasmine
Name: Jasmine Acacia
Year: Second
Desired Position: Keeper, but I'll take whatever's needed.

A moody defiance
Of all of life's tyrants

While you've been searching
Your heart

Alone with us, in the Dark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:19 am
Arnez Antonio Cesare de la Frontera

First Year -- Slytherin

User Image

Arnez reached with both hands to receive the quaffle and tucked it firmly under his right arm. It was a tad off-setting, so he compensated by holding it tighter to his chest to center the weight over the broom. He glanced quickly at Rhea to see what angle she had taken, then quickly tucked in and swooped out to the right flank of the goal posts, with Rhea within passing distance to his left.

As he approached the scoring area, Arnez released his broom to coast with no hands, holding the quaffle above his head with both hands. Arnez gave a glance to Rhea out of his peripheral and then focused his aim at Ronyo. With a swift, powerful motion, he faked a shot, if only to hold Ronyo in place, and passed the ball to Rhea streaking through the middle of the field. The quaffle's weight would require some getting used to, but the pass was crisp and Arnez smirked with satisfaction. He knew he did his job, and it was up to his teammate to finish the play.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Manny The Great22

The Ariadelle

Fashionable Scamp

27,675 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:06 pm
User Image
Rhea Ventura
1st year Slytherin

Turning a bit towards the shot, Rhea braced herself for the catch and lifted both arms over to hold it properly. It did throw her a bit as she adjusted with the slightly familiar shape, though she managed. Loosening her position, she began a zig-zagging pattern towards the posts, trying to close more of the gap. She did have a little ways to go, but she wasn't quite sure she had another clear pass back to Arnez and back before she could reach it.

Looking at the boy flying across the field, parallel to herself, she remembered his fake out. Maybe if she threw it a bit ahead or even up and over so it seemed like a pass though only in sight, she may have a chance to also fake out the Captain, as crazy as it may be. With a newly dawned wicked smile, she looked forward, then to her side towards Arnez, then back forward, before adjusting her weight for the throw. Chucking it to her side, though mostly skybound, she gripped her broom with her opposite hand and descended, slicing towards the direction she'd tossed it in, trying to make the catch a bit easier and perhaps take him off guard as she rose to get a new angle to her throw.  
Essy ze Ninja rolled 10 10-sided dice: 3, 10, 4, 8, 7, 9, 5, 1, 1, 8 Total: 56 (10-100)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:06 pm
Second year, Slytherin
My life is so cold
User Image

The snitch rose, climbing higher and higher into the atmosphere, until she neared the top of the stands that lined every edge of the quidditch pitch as she zoomed around the left side of the field, closing in on the opposite and empty goal posts across from Ronyo, and the rest of the time for that matter. The tiny glitter of gold between all of the gray and brown hues was a keen sight to see for her distorted vision, and though it thrashed, swiftly, in a whimsical notion to the left and to the right, she pushed herself further to the edge of the broom. Long, ivory fingers extended, grasping forth for the cool surface of the winged sphere.

The wind rushing in her hair, the blood pumping through her veins like a vicious waterfall, crashing down a static ecstasy all around her as she soared across the sky with ease as if she had done it all her life. Occasionally, she would lose her balance, or be caught but a sudden right turn by the snitch, but she was always right back on its glitter of gold.

[[[Had been waiting on a response to my question in the RoR, but, I asked ViVi instead, and she assured me I can roll again and try. If not, this is always practice anyways? And I can always edit if need be.]]]

Troubles: Raw, untrained flying

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
The Ariadelle rolled 10 10-sided dice: 3, 8, 8, 10, 6, 3, 3, 3, 10, 9 Total: 63 (10-100)

The Ariadelle

Fashionable Scamp

27,675 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:15 pm
User Image
Rhea Ventura
1st year Slytherin

Plummeting and twisting into the spot, she straightened herself out, tilting upward to catch the quaffle before flying upward as fast as she could. For a moment, she wondered if she'd lost it, then soon realized it had been blocked out by the sun. Eyes wide, she tightened her legs around her broom and hugged the falling ball, knocking her broom a bit further down as the impact shook her balance a bit.

It had worked, at least on her end, hopefully it looked good, though she wasn't so sure it did. Smiling, she took hold of her broom and corkscrewed her ascent towards her ultimate goal, though mostly upward. Keeping at eye on her prize, she continued a bit higher, hoping to get the best shot she could, and surely one downward and in would prove to be an easier throw than earlier, perhaps she could even add some spin.

Stopping just a bit out from the posts, she stopped her broom, twisting the handle to angle with a single hand so she had the vantage point she wanted, she gripped into one of the quaffle's holds. Rhea pulled the ball behind her back, curling her hold so that when it released it'd fling at a wild spiral rather than her 'fast ball' approach earlier. Almost with a snap, she slammed it forward towards the right most post. Either the keeper would have to interfere or drop some to grab it, and that made for a better attempt as well, she thought.  
Ronyo Storm rolled 10 10-sided dice: 3, 9, 2, 7, 10, 1, 3, 1, 8, 10 Total: 54 (10-100)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:01 pm
Slytherin Quidditch Practice Pitch User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Third Year

Ronyo watched as Arnez and Rhea seemed to work well as they moved back and forth through the air to attempt a successful goal. Ronyo kept his eyes on the quaffle the entire time not wanting to be distracted by the flying and maneuvers the two students were attempting. As the quaffle was finally passed back to Rhea and then thrown at the odd angle he could see the odd ball spin slightly in the air and make subtle changes of drifting to one side. With a nod Ronyo smiled at the skilled throw and did his best to prepare to the oncoming quaffle.

The spin and the angle were a wicked combination that required Ronyo to fly in and actually drop from his broom and hand on with just one hand. He came down to attempt a risky block but the quaffle was spinning enough to change the curve and cause Ronyo to be off in his kick to knock the ball away. As the quaffle went through the rings Ronyo was a bit disappointed in him but reminded him he was not a Keeper, and the facts had just been shown to him. With a chuckle the boy swung himself back onto his broom and gave a thumb up.

“Well done both of you,” As Ronyo heard a voice speak his name he looked to see another girl flying up to join the group with a position form, with a smile Ronyo was glade someone could take the keeper position now, “Glad you could make it out Ms. Jasmine and you are just in time to take the Keeper spot. I’ll give you fair warning though those two up there have got some decent team work going.”

Ronyo quickly flew down to the ground where the box of Quidditch equipment was and smiled a bit as he took one of the beater bats. He knew his position well enough to keep the new members from getting hurt and it would help to show how well they could all perform with the thought of a bludger coming at you at some point. With a smile Ronyo kicked one of the restraints for a bludger and let it take off into the sky, Ronyo follow shortly after bat in hand.

“Alright let’s try another round this time with me doing my normal job of keeping the rest of you lot from being beamed by a bludger. Stay extra sharp now with that little crazy ball flying around now they can be temperamental at times.”  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers