Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[Cocktail Clutch Lesson] Between Moonlight [Open!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Spockat rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Spockat

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:26 am
Sivu and Haitanth
Route: Western Hold, Redoubt Hold, Paradise Falls Hold, Whitecliff Weyrhold, Dust Sun Hold, Black Sands Hold
Confidence Level: Very Confident
Ribbons: 2
Buff: +1 Accuracy  
Spockat rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:27 am
Sivu and Haitanth
Route: Western Hold, Redoubt Hold, Paradise Falls Hold, Whitecliff Weyrhold, Dust Sun Hold, Black Sands Hold
Ribbons: 3
Quote:
11-14 You visualize the coordinates and make the leap. Roll a D10:

Quote:
---3-8: You appear right where you need to be, and are easily able to locate the assistant to be given a ribbon. Excellent! You're feeling good about this drill, and your dragon's abilities. No matter what might have happened before, or what would happen now, you're in a happy place. Gain a boost in confidence level!

Sivu reflects, that if Haitanth was so swarmingly full of himself - he'd perhaps explode with confidence. Thankfully his dragon was not a bag of confetti to be burst, instead Haitanth excitedly chirped his success to Quinineth. Did you see us? Oh I am going to tell you all about this later. The night air - gorgeous!

Hattaki

Spockat

Spockat rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

Spockat

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:30 am
Sivu and Haitanth
Ribbons: 4

Quote:

6-9 Hopping Between isn't the problem for this stop You get to where you need to go without trouble, and are able to seek out the weyrlingmaster and obtain that ribbon. Why did they think this was a challenge?

Sweetie, we are doing amazing. comes Haitanth's excited crowing to Sauzath. He knew that green would be delighted to know that of their clutch, they were doing fabulously.

Prism Shine

Spockat rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:32 am
Sivu and Haitanth

Spockat

Spockat rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Spockat

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:33 am
Sivu and Haitanth
Ribbons: 5

Quote:
2-5 You manage to make it to the proper Hold, but you're struggling to find the Weyrlingmaster's Assistant. It is awfully dark, and clouds have hidden one of the moons. Roll a D10:

Quote:
----4-10: It takes a while, and you're not sure where to go -- but eventually you spot the green rider assistant who grants you a ribbon. Phew! You almost thought about giving up. Obtain your ribbon!

Sivu's eyes scanned the horizon, not like he could see better than Haitanth who quelled his excitement for working well in their lesson. Now where... was... that Werlingmaster Assistant? His eyes whirled a curious color as he looked through the clouds. There they are! Success!  
Spockat rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:35 am
Sivu and Haitanth
Ribbons: 6
Quote:

6. Bonus: If you quote a different person each time for at least 3 of your 5 rolls, you may gain +3 Bonus XP to place anywhere you like once the game ends. If your character is KO'd, you may still RP and quote individuals with each post.

Quote:

17-19 Once again, you're feeling pretty confident about this whole thing! You give your dragons coordinates and:

Quote:
----Confident and Above You give your dragon the coordinates and encourage them Between. The cat's in the bag! Except, by the time you come out Between you realize not only is it daylight -- but you're on the Southern Continent! You visualized not Western Hold but Southern Hold, confusing the morning's lesson in your haste. Oh for Faranth's sake. You hurriedly give the correct coordinates, and gain a ribbon--even if you're pretty sure the weyrlingmaster is well aware of what happened. Oops.

Rhodonth! You will not believe what just happened to me, comes Haitanth's conspiratorial whisper. If he was quiet, maybe no one would notice. Oh but Rhodonth! Such a doll! They'd keep his secret right? The weather's fabulous at Southern Hold if you're curious.

Silverlutz

Spockat

Smerdle rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:01 pm
R'in and Bronze Demodeth

Another hold, another ribbon. This was proving almost too easy... except for that one stop. He wasn't going to think about that. Demodeth had never been a terribly competitive dragon, only digging up those impulses to delight Alenciath, and now he was slightly concerned that he might win. Not that he didn't want to do well, it was just... maybe they would tie.

The bronze swooped in close enough for R'in to successfully catch the weighted ribbon the assistant tossed his way. Good job.

R'in chuckled. He couldn't help but be amused when his adolescent dragon got all fatherly on him.

Quote:
    Redoubt Hold, Western Hold, Whitecliff Weyrhold, Dust Sun Hold, Black Sands Hold, Paradise Falls Hold
    Quote:
    6-9 Hopping Between isn't the problem for this stop. You get to where you need to go without trouble, and are able to seek out the weyrlingmaster and obtain that ribbon. Why did they think this was a challenge?

magnadearel generated a random number between 1 and 5 ... 2!
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 7:04 pm
B'den and Green Riojath
Night it might be, but B'den and her green were looking as polished as ever. The woman only regretted the need for the bulky rider clothes, instead of something nicer. She couldn't wear her Gather dress all the time! You always look beautiful in my eyes. Riojath lovingly reassured her rider. Thanks darling. As do you.

B'den finished tightening her straps by the light of glowstones. This was going to be interesting to see if they'd gotten the knack down for this night time jumping. As prepared as they were ever going to be, the pair went up to Liat for their assignment.

Route:
Confidence Level: Very confident

magnadearel

magnadearel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 7:09 pm
B'den and Green Riojath
Not too bad,B'den thought to her green as she got the list. All places we've been Mine. This shall be a walk in the park. The woman chuckled and slapped her green's shoulder a couple times. "Now now, don't be too over confident my dear. We'll do this right."

B'den had Riojath take to the skies and get into position. She carefully visualized Western Hold for the green. Remember its night. Riojath rumbled and after a moment took them between. They came out right where she planned. Not bad, B'den complimented Riojath, but this is only the first stop.

Yes it is, and I believe I see our first ribbon, Mine. The green had circled slowly and eventually found the weyrlingmaster. In a moment, they had claimed their first ribbon and the pair were back in the skies again.

Quote:
6-9 Hopping Between isn't the problem for this stop You get to where you need to go without trouble, and are able to seek out the weyrlingmaster and obtain that ribbon. Why did they think this was a challenge?

Ribbons: 1

magnadearel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 7:15 pm
B'den and Green Riojath
Very good, now on to Redoubt Hold. I know you have no doubt about it though Riojath. B'den smiled at her joke. Riojath snorted audibly. Neither do you Mine. Do you have the coordinates ready for me? The sky is getting crowded. More weyrlings were starting to show up, and since they looked like they were doing fairly well, Riojath was ready to be on her way.

Not something I'm going to rush darling. Surprisingly, the hold seemed to jump into her mind as if it wanted to be there. B'den was careful to adjust the time of day. Can you see it? She wanted to confirm before letting the green jump. With ease! Let's go!

B'den grinned as Riojath's confidence filled her. A pass between and the pair hung perfectly above the Hold. It's beautiful. I do like seeing them like this at night. It has its perks, but I'd rather be sleeping in a warm wallow.

Quote:
20 Yipeeeeeee! You did amazing! The jump was perfect -- your dragon took your visuals, you accounted for the time of day, and you wound up exactly where you need to be! Gain a ribbon!
---- Confident and Below: Move your character up a confidence level and gain +1 Between Accuracy
---- Very Confident: If your character is already max confidence Gain +1 Additional Between Accuracy for a total of +2 XP points.

Ribbons: 2
XP Points: +2 Between Accuracy

magnadearel

magnadearel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 7:23 pm
B'den and Green Riojath
With their second ribbon obtained, a little confidence could go a little too far. B'den hastily pulled up the coordinates for Paradise Falls Hold. Alright I'm ready when you are. The woman expected her dragon to take to the air and take them between.

Riojath however paused with her head tilted. Mine, I do not believe this is correct. Could you please check it again? B'den blew air noisily from her lips. Of course it's correct! Can we please go now? Instead of complying though, Riojath calmly contacted an assistant. There was indeed something out of place.

B'den winced through the scolding from the assistant. Sorry Riojath. Now that we have the right one, let's go.

Quote:
15-16 You are certain of your coordinates, and give them to your dragon.

Roll a D4:
---4. Your dragon actually points out that something doesn't seem right. If they are particularly studious and clever, they might help you correct your visualization; if not, they are quick to involve a weyrlingmaster's assistant to help correct the coordinates. D'oh! Thankfully, you do manage to make it--albeit with some aid. Gain a ribbon! If this is your third time rolling this prompt during the game, lose a confidence level. If this is your third time rolling this, and you're already unconfident, you need to take a break and skip your next round to steady your nerves. You won't be finishing your circuit and don't gain a ribbon, but surely, Liat will understand.

Ribbons: 3

magnadearel rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 7:24 pm
bum bum buuuuuuum!  

magnadearel

magnadearel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:44 pm
B'den and Green Riojath
A third ribbon was theirs. B'den carefully tucked it into her pouch with the others. She was more cautious this time with the coordinates, and confirmed with Riojath that she thought they were right too. I don't see a problem with them Mine. The green hummed reassuringly.

A short hop between put them right where they needed to be. The next moment Riojath gave a squeal as a gust of wind caught her and tossed them right into a grove of trees. Are you ok Mine?! I'm so sorry I didn't see the trees! The green slowly extracted herself from the foliage.

That's alright Riojath. You couldn't have predicted that gust of wind. I'm alright. She patted her dragon's shoulder comfortingly and they sat there a moment to regain their breath. No rush, we can take our time. After a couple of minutes, they were ready to continue. Riojath took to the skies once more. Just as B'den expected to jump between, the green hesitated and cocked her head.

What is it? It is Rossoth. He is offering his help. B'den smiled to herself. Is he now? That's very sweet of him. I'm so grateful you offered Rossoth. Perhaps Yours and Mine could go over the coordinates for Paradise Falls Hold later. I am doing fair well overall. Would you see to it that you assist any of the younger riders with you too?

Quote:
11-14 You visualize the coordinates and make the leap. Roll a D10:

---9-10: You appear where you need to be, but unfortunately, a gust of night wind catches your dragon off guard, and batters you. If you're a green or blue, you get buffetted into a nearby grove of trees you didn't see. Whoops. If a brown, bronze, or gold, you fight the wind but wind up pulling a muscle in the process. Ouch! Lose a confidence level.

Sweet Symmetry

Uta rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:45 pm
Redoubt Hold, Western Hold, Whitecliff Weyrhold, Western Hold, Black Sands Hold, Paradise Falls Hold
Feeling: Cautious -- now Unconfident
Ribbons: +2
- - - -

The jump to Whitecliff Weyrhold was done with relative ease. Though their near collision with another at Western Hold had rattled their nerves, R'thell was glad that they had little trouble reaching their next destination. What he was upset with was the fact he couldn't find the stationed assistant.

Do you see them? He asked, even as the little green began to circle closer to the Weyrhold.

I'm sorry, Mine. It's awfully hard to make anyone out. As the green continued her slow spiral, a sudden gust of wind caused her to creel in surprise. Though she managed to keep herself airborn, she did find herself thrown into a small grove of palm trees. Thrashing, she hurried out of the thicket and back up to clearer air space.

Whoops.

Embarrassed, the delicate green reached out to a beloved clutchmate instead. Kahveth, dearest brother, have struggled to find ribbons? It is awfully dark and I just can't see. Be careful on your way to Whitecliff -- the assistant is awfully tricky to find.

faesinger

- - - -
notes:
roll1 - You manage to make it to the proper Hold, but you're struggling to find the Weyrlingmaster's Assistant. It is awfully dark, and clouds have hidden one of the moons. Roll a D10: It takes a while, and you're not sure where to go -- but eventually you spot the green rider assistant who grants you a ribbon. Phew! You almost thought about giving up. Obtain your ribbon!

roll 2-- npc collision course and confidence drop by1 (western hold or npc) xxx + Hopping Between isn't the problem for this stop You get to where you need to go without trouble, and are able to seek out the weyrlingmaster and obtain that ribbon. Why did they think this was a challenge?

roll 3 -- You manage to make it to the proper Hold, but you're struggling to find the Weyrlingmaster's Assistant. It is awfully dark, and clouds have hidden one of the moons. Roll a D10: You wind up flying in circles. Having your dragon move lower, you get a bit too close and a sudden gust of wind causes you to almost crash into the tops of some tall trees. How embarrassing. You simply can't find them. Discouraged, you move on-- without a ribbon.

Roll 4 -- V'ime and Rhodonth xxx

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

magnadearel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:45 pm
hmmmm  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out