Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:52 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Sporty at The Quidditch Pitchspace
CURRENTLY // single // fancying // loving Chrisspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // her Teammatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'We're going to win this year, I know it.' spacespac

❀ ❀ ❀ "Is this the last of our haunting?"
She says as she floats like an angel.
❀ ❀ ❀
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

Adalaide chuckled at Heather and Dhylan. She remembered Dhylan telling her all about Heather's crazy training when they ran into each other at Diagon Alley... apparently he hadn't been exaggerating. She was partially glad that she hadn't been around for that... and partially sad, because you could never have enough practice. She took the form as Heather passed them out, well used to the routine by now. This was her third year on the team, after all. She filled it out and was on her broom in a flash. She had it hover a few feet over the ground so that she could stretch out while hanging from it, letting gravity do the majority of the work. After a while, she mounted it and started flying laps, awaiting further instruction. She knew Lyv was taking the year off. Summer had ended up being pretty stressful for her... stressful for the whole family, but especially Lyv, who still felt like she had to smile through all of it. Ada was sad that they wouldn't be playing together, but she had no problem with getting someone new on the team... provided they knew the game and were a good team player. Hopefully there wouldn't be any problems on that front. As Ada circled the Pitch, slowly picking up speed, lowering her body to her broom, ducking and dodging and weaving through the air, she occasionally glanced at the new students trying out... hopefully one of them would want to play Chaser. She couldn't help but notice that it wasn't a very popular position, for some unknown reason. She couldn't understand it; it was the position with the most action, after all, what with stealing and dodging steals, trying for goals and the like. Ada felt like if she had to play Seeker, she'd be bored out of her skull, sitting high up on her broom, looking for that tiny speck of gold. To say nothing of being Keeper, having to wait until the Chasers stopped playing Hot Potato with the Quaffle long enough to try and score. And Beater... well, Beater might be sort of fun, but Ada couldn't see herself liking the position. Having to hurt other people just wasn't her cup of tea. She hoped that one of the younger students would have the same mind-set.

❀ ❀ ❀ You will never know until you let me go;
                                                          I'm hoping this will never end.
                                                          ❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Position: Chaser
AC: 16
Modifiers: (+6 on steals) (+6 on scores)
Special Skills: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer
Lives: ❤ ❤ ❤
♡ ♡ ♡
Post to the Goal: 0/3
Final Roll: xx
Score
00 to 00
TIED

Username: Cara MiaKitty
Character's Name: Adalaide Blythe
House: Hufflepuff
Year: 6th
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
Any Special Skill: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: ... Second Chaser? 8D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:44 pm
User Image
User Image

When the sun shines, we'll shine together. Told you I'll be here forever.
🍂 Said I'll always be a friend. Took an oath I'ma stick it out till the end.

Terren turned to his sister as she spoke. She really had grown up over the years. He could remember the day she started her First Year. She had been so shy and quiet, and look at her now. She was brave and outspoken, courageous and loyal, and certainly not the same little girl he had looked up to back then. Of course, he still looked up to her, but for more reasons now than before. As she finished her speech, the boy felt ready to get into the air, to prove himself to his beloved sister and the rest of the team, but not before Ariana ruffled up his hair and thanked him for what he had said about her. His dark green eyes sparkled and looked up at the redhead, his smile glowing like a supernova. Terren filled out his form and started his stretches, popping his back in a few places and pulling at his arms and legs. He was ready to go! "Terren! Come on!" The boy looked up to see Jess circling the Pitch without him, calling for him to join her. "I'm comin', Jess! Wait up!" he hollered back to her, jumping on his broom and taking off into the air. He flew fast, catching up to the girl in a matter of minutes. Ter grinned at his friend. It was times like these that he was happy to be a Hufflepuff.

Now that it's raining more than ever, know that we'll still have each other.
You can stand under my umbrella. You can stand under my umbrella.

The Forgotten Weasley

Username: heather030595
Character's Name: Terren Hawthorn
House: Hufflepuff
Year: 2nd
Advanced Flying I: enrolled
Advanced Flying II: not yet
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
Any Special Skill: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
First Choice Position: Seeker
Second Choice Position: Keeper

AC: 13
Mᴏᴅɪғɪᴇʀs: +3 spot +3 catch
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Sᴋɪʟʟs:
Sharp Eyes
Great Catch
Deft Dodger
Lɪᴠᴇs: ❤ ❤ ❤
Fɪɴᴀʟ Rᴏʟʟ: #
Cᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ Uᴘ: #/3
Sᴇᴇᴋɪɴɢ: #/2

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:48 pm
User Image

User Image
I wish today it will rain all day. Maybe that will kinda make the pain go away. Trying to forgive you for abandoning me. xx
Praying but I think I'm still an angel away... Angel away, yeah strange in a way. Maybe that is why I chase strangers away? xx
They got their guns out aiming at me, but I become Neo when they're aiming at me... Me, me, me against them. xx
Me against enemies, me against friends. Somehow they both seem to become one. A sea full of sharks and they all smell blood... xx
They start coming and I start rising. Must be surprising, I'm just amazing. I win, thrive, soar, higher, higher, higher! More fire! xx

AC: 18 xxxxx Mᴏᴅɪғɪᴇʀs: +8
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Sᴋɪʟʟs: Mᴇᴀɴ Sᴡɪɴɢ, Dᴇғᴛ Dᴏᴅɢᴇʀ, Dᴀɴɢ Hᴇᴀʟᴛʜʏ
Lɪᴠᴇs: ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ xxx Fɪɴᴀʟ Rᴏʟʟ: # xxx Aɪᴍɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ: -----------

Heather folded up the forms and put them in her backpack. It was time to start. She gave a nod to Cain, a gleam in her eyes that said "thank you" as he flew by. The teen looked back towards the castle, and when she saw no one else coming, she began her stretches. The lithe blonde pulled at her arms, the lean muscles bulging beneath the fabric of her t-shirt. She twisted her core, a few sharp popping sounds coming from her back. Then, she hopped on her Silver Arrow and took off into the sky. Practice laps. Easy. Heather circled the Pitch with ease, flying past Dhylan as she leaned closer to her broom to gain speed. She looked back at him, sticking her tongue out and giggling. It was just like the good old days, back in their first few years of Quidditch together. Back when William was Captain and she was just a beginning Beater and he was the youngest Chaser on the team. Sometimes, she just wanted to go back to that. Back to when she didn't have to worry about NEWT's and what she was going to do with her life after she graduated. Back when everything just made sense.

Heather circled around to the center of the Pitch, blowing the whistle around her neck to gather the others. "Okay then, let's get going. This shouldn't be too hard, since there's not too many of you." Seriously though. There were literally ten other people here besides her. That was just sad. She was surprised none of the new First Years wanted to tryout this year. Oh well. At least she had a few dedicated Badgers here. "We'll do this just like we always do. Cora and Jar, you two get to the left side of the Pitch and take your positions in front of the goals. Dhyl, Ada, Cain, you three will test those two on their blocking skills. Try to get as many goals as possible. I'll be watching. Ari, Terr, Jess, you three will be after the Snitch. When you catch it, make sure to let me know. I'll be keeping track of how many times you catch. Then just release the Snitch and go again. Keep at it until I say you can stop. Tobi, Raph, you two will be hanging out with me on the right side of the Pitch. We're going to be knocking the heck out of these Bludgers. I'll be keeping track of how many you each hit too." She had a lot of numbers to keep track of. "So, just to be clear, Chasers and Keepers stay on the left side of the Pitch, Beaters on the right, and Seekers have free reign. Good luck everyone." Heather pulled her wand from her back pocket and flicked it towards the ground. The boxes she had brought out earlier opened, releasing a Snitch, several Bludgers, and three Quaffles. She flicked her wand at each of the Chasers, giving them each a scarlet ball. Her last tryouts had officially begun.

I came to ᴡɪɴ, to fight, to ᴄᴏɴǫᴜᴇʀ, to thrive!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I came to ᴡɪɴ, to survive, to ᴘʀᴏsᴘᴇʀ, to rise!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To ғʟʏ... Get ready for it... I came to ᴡɪɴ!

Everybody wanna try to box me in. Suffocating every time it locks me in. Painting their own pictures then they crop me in,
But I will remain where the top begins... 'Cause I am not a word, I am not a line. I am not a girl that can ever be defined.
I am not fly, I am levitation. I represent an entire generation... I hear the criticism loud and clear. That is how I know that the time is near.
So we become alive in a time of fear. And I ain't got no motherf*cking time to spare... Cry my eyes out for days upon days.
Such a heavy burden placed upon me. But when you go hard your nay's become yay's! Yankee Stadium with Jay's and Kanye's!

{OOC: Just a reminder, the targets that the Beaters will be aiming at have a starting AC of 13. I'll let you guys know when it goes up.}  
BeaterBeast525 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:25 pm
User Image
User Image

Terren circled towards the center of the Pitch when his sister blew her whistle. He glanced between Ari and Jess. He would be fighting with these two girls for the Snitch. It would be so much fun! As the little golden ball was released, and Heather dismissed them all, Terren instantly started looking for it. Green eyes searched the sky for a speck of gold, ears listening for the quiet sound of the Snitch's wings.

Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Sᴋɪʟʟs:
Sharp Eyes
Great Catch
Deft Dodger
Fɪɴᴀʟ Rᴏʟʟ: 8

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
kiska166 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:41 pm
User Image
User Image

((OOC: outfit in picture))

User Image

Ariana swung a leg over her broom and took off into the air. She knew the drill. It was the same every year. The seekers would attempt to find the snitch, the beaters would hit the targets, and the chasers would test the keepers' skills. Brown eyes scanned the pitch from high in the air as they searched for the golden orb.

Armour Class: +17
Modifiers: (looking for snitch +7) (catching snitch +7)
Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch & Natural Flyer
Total Roll: 26
Lives: [1] [2] [3]
Spot: 19+
Catch: 22+

User Image

BeaterBeast525 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:59 pm
User Image
User Image

Terren glanced at Ari. She must have spotted the Snitch. That was fast, even for her! Wow. She was just great at this. Maybe he could be that good some day. Until then, he continued his search for the Snitch.

Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Sᴋɪʟʟs:
Sharp Eyes
Great Catch
Deft Dodger
Fɪɴᴀʟ Rᴏʟʟ: 18

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:06 pm
User Image
User Image

((OOC: outfit in picture))

User Image

Ariana spotted the snitch immediately and chased after it. This was pretty much a piece of cake now. Especially compared to her first year. Man, she didn't even think she would have made the team during her first year, but William, who was the captain during her first year, thought she was good enough for the team.

Armour Class: +17
Modifiers: (looking for snitch +7) (catching snitch +7)
Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch & Natural Flyer
Total Roll:
Lives: [1] [2] [3]
Spot: 19+
Catch: 22+

User Image

BeaterBeast525 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:12 pm
User Image
User Image

There!... or not. What was that he saw? Maybe the sunlight reflected off of Jess's glasses or something. Terren shrugged, and circled the Pitch, looking for any sign of the Snitch. It had to be around here somewhere. 'Here Snitchy, Snitchy, Snitchy...'

Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Sᴋɪʟʟs:
Sharp Eyes
Great Catch
Deft Dodger
Fɪɴᴀʟ Rᴏʟʟ: 8

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:15 pm

User Image

Jarlath flew over to the directed goal posts and hovered watching the seekers. The Quaffle was not yet in play so it didn't matter all that much what he did at the current moment. "Good luck Cora." he called over to his opponent. I hope I can do a good job. he thought as he watched for the game to start.

Position: Keeper
AC: 11
Modifiers: +5 save goals (Great Catch, Hold the Line, Experience)
Special Skills: Great Catch, Dang Healthy, Hold The Line
Final Roll:
Lives: [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ]

MJ Spooks rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:12 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Sporty at The Quidditch Pitchspace
CURRENTLY // single // fancying // loving Chrisspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // her Teammatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'We're going to win this year, I know it.' spacespac

❀ ❀ ❀ "Is this the last of our haunting?"
She says as she floats like an angel.
❀ ❀ ❀

Adalaide caught the ball as Heather threw it, giving the Captain a thumbs up before taking off. Seeing Jarlath take his position, she didn't even give him a moment to think. The second he was in front of that goal post, she took her shot.

❀ ❀ ❀ You will never know until you let me go;
                                                          I'm hoping this will never end.
                                                          ❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Position: Chaser
Modifiers: (+6 on steals) (+6 on scores)
Special Skills: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer
Lives: ❤ ❤ ❤
♡ ♡ ♡
Post to the Goal: 0/3
Final Roll: o7
Score
00 to 00
TIED

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
Sir Spazalots rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:02 am

User Image

Jarlath was watching for the quaffle to go into play, and the moment it did he was the first one put to the test. "You can do this." he said as he reached out to block the scarlet ball. You can do this. he thought.

Final Roll: 12

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:04 am

User Image

Jarlath caught the quaffle and tossed it back to Ada. "Are you going easy on me?" he said jokingly with a smile.

Final Roll:

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Cinnabun Gryffie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:10 am
User Image

When heaven seems so far away
And dreams are just a memory
Without the dark the light won't show
Remember that you're not alone

When you watch the world just turn away
And break the promises it made
When love is all too hard to hold
Just take a breath and let it go

User Image

Woah whoa oh, woah whoa oh, woah whoa oh
Just keep breathing, breathing, breathing
Woah whoa oh, woah whoa oh, woah whoa oh
Just keep breathing, breathing, breathing

Dhylan looked at his Captain, then grabbed a Quaffle. He flew easily into the air, hair breezing about his bright eyes. He watched the other Sixth Year Chaser throw, an amused grin on his face. "That was the most amazing throw of the year, Ada! I remember why I look up to ya!" He was in a mood today, apparently, and he quite liked it. He spun the Quaffle on his finger, then threw as accurately as he could at Jarlath, hoping to make an easy score.

Modifiers: +8 {Stealing and Scoring}
Total Roll:
00//03
Skills: Good Arm |∞| Dang Healthy |∞| Swift Swipe
Lives: [∞] [∞] [∞] [∞]
Scores: 00//00
{OoC:}

2 a.m., too sad to sleep
When what you want's not what you need
And when these walls don't feel like home
Remember that you're not alone

The beginning's just another end
It's not too late to start again
When hope is all too hard to hold
Just take a breath and let it go

Sir Spazalots rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:19 am

User Image

Jarlath and as soon as the Quaffle was out of his hands, Dhylan flew up and attempted to score. Jarlath flew after the quaffle, hoping to block it again. "Come on." he said.

Final Roll: 25

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:21 am

User Image

Jarlath caught the Quaffle agian, smiling he tossed it back to Dhyl. He had barely gotten that one, but still he saved it and that's what counted. "Good throw." he said.

Final Roll:

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games