Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Feb-Apr 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:59 pm
Flyin' past the zooming balls,
Scores lighting up the goals
Everyone of us on a mission
Got a whole crew by my side
Bludgers zoom, zoom when they pass us by
Be ready to get down to business

User Image
User Image

Unwanted OriginsTaken by Bradley♪ Musical Magician♫Lionel

Tobi walked onto the field is own broom across his shoulders instead of just a borrowed school broom. His Mum, and no he could never get enough from saying that!, had bought him one for his birthday and he was forever grateful for her. It was rather old but brilliant Cleensweep, the last before the Nimbus and Firebolts came onto the market and while it wasn't as powerfully fast as the others it was study, compliant, and it responded practically to his thoughts rather his touches. It was practically the perfect broom. He spotted that most of the girls had arrived and grinned and waved to them each before stopping. "Mornin' ladies, how's everyone doin'?" he asked conversationally.

Position: Beater
AC: 16
Modifiers: +8
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
Lives: [1] [2] [3]

Because the night is young
The line is out the door
Today was crazy but,
Tonight the game is ours
Live it up
Until the morning comes
Today was crazy but,
Tonight the game is ours!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:21 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Fifth YearHufflepuffChaserSingle

Dhyl walked onto the field, blinking. His contacts were annoying, but needed for Quidditch. He saw a small crowd gathered around Heather, so he stepped over to join. "Morning, Captain." A smile was gracing his lips, rarely seen by anyone except those closest to him, and even then, still unusual. Today, he was in a good mood. He didn't know why, but he was happy. Maybe it was just... being here at Hogwarts? Despite his almost constant studying, he loved this place. Blue eyes twinkled, despite the mist, and he somehow seemed as though he'd never gone through his rough patch of teenage angst. For once, the teen actually looked approachable. Maybe, just maybe, there was a reason for his rather dorky smile.... but whatever could it be?

AC: 15
Modifiers: +5
Total Roll:
00//03
Skills: Good Arm Dang Healthy Swift Swipe
Lives: [∞] [∞] [∞] [∞]
Scores: 00//00

User Image

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:19 pm
User Image

xxxxxxx_____________________________________

xxxxxxx Photographer || Half Blood || Taken by Tobi
xxxxxxx_____________________________________

Bradley followed after Tobi onto the pitch. He was nervous. This was not his house, this was not the quidditch team he was 'supposed' to support. Yet he wanted this team to win the most. He wanted to see a smile of his boyfriend as he held up the Quidditch Cup with his team. He had to admit, he had little interest in playing quidditch, a fact he blamed Uncle Des on. And only really watched it gave him the chance to take pictures. But that was different now. He enjoyed watching the games, enjoyed seeing Tobi having so much fun. Yes when he had became friends with the Hufflepuff who would become beater he finally took an interest in this flying sport.

He approached Heather, a nervous smile on his face. Camera around his neck, like always. "Hi, Heather, would you mind if I watch, maybe take a few pictures?" he asked hopefully. Glancing at Tobi he hoped she said it would be ok. It would be much easier to watch try outs rather than a full game. I hope she says I can. he thought as he looked at the girl.

Seems like there's always someone who disapproves
They'll judge it like they know about me and you
And the verdict comes from those with nothing else to do
The jury's out, but my choice is you
So don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard
The stakes are high, the water's rough
But this love is ours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:27 am
User Image
User Image

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

User Image

Ariana beamed happily when Olyvia waved to her and Heather while greeting them. "Hey, Olyvia!" she exclaimed, waving back. It was nice to see the girl smiling and feeling well. Last year, the girl was only a first year, so that made her nervous for the tryouts. Plus, the day prior, she fainted at the sorting feast, so that had to add to her nerves. When Tobi arrived, the redhead waved to him as well. Although the two weren't close, Ariana did always like something about this boy. "G'morning. I'm good, and you?" It's been a while since Ariana said she was good and meant it one hundred percent. Last year, she was in a slump, but after this summer, that slump seemed to end. Someone made her happy again, what could she say? Ariana waved at Dhylan when he showed up. Something looks different about him, she realized as she observed his face. She also noticed a new face. Not a Hufflepuff, but a Ravenclaw. Well, he wasn't a "new" face completely. She has seen him with Tobi several times in the hallways last year and he has shown up to the Music Club before. When Bradley asked if it would be alright to take photos, Ariana smiled brightly at him and Heather. "I don't see why it wouldn't be okay," she admitted, giving the boy permission. Although Heather was supposed to give consent since she was the captain, the vice captain gave him permission instead.

Armour Class: +17
Modifiers: (looking for snitch +7) (catching snitch +7)
Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch & Natural Flyer
Total Roll:
Spot: 19+
Catch: 22+

User Image

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:48 am
User Image
User Image

A nervous looking first year came onto the pitch, clutching a school cleansweep. "Hi. I'm Jarlath Lowery. Is it to late to try out?" he asked as he looked at the group. They were all so much older, and taller. And he seemed to be the only first year brave enough to try out. I hope I can get on. It'll make Mum and Uncle Aedan and Uncle Ciaran proud. he thought excitedly as he looked at the team.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Corabell Kiremono~Hufflepuff Second Year~Half-Blood

Corabell trotted down to the pitch, broom over her shoulder. She'd been halfway down when she remembered she had her own broom now, and had to go back to fetch it.

"Hullo, captain. Sorry for the wait," she appologized.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
((OOC: ... ))
Hufflepuff 0 | Opponent 0
{Life 1} | {Life 2} | {Life 3}
Hufflepuff Keeper
AC =13
Player's skills = Great Catch(+2 to catch), Hold the Line(+2 to block goal), Natural Flyer(+2 to AC), One Year Experience (+1 to all)
Weather: N/A
Total Roll Modifiers: +5 to block goal
This roll after modifiers= ??

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:46 pm
User Image

Steele Thompson III

Hufflepuff|5th year|Muggle-Born|Single

Why must I be judged upon the purity of my blood?

Steele walked onto the pitch, knowing Heather probably did not like him by this time, but it was okay. He would try out...probably stay reserve. He knew he would be a lot more reliable if he did play, but he also did not want to take a position from somebody either. Why? Because he already had his sport of course, his fame. Maybe not in Hogwarts, but the rest of the countries eyes, he was a rising star. So he calmly walked onto the pitch. He walked up to Ariana, smiling.

"I'm probably just going to stay as a back up. I'm not too sure why I don't try to be a chaser. That's my football position. But I'll stay at my position I suppose," he said to the girl. He awaited Heather for further instructions, knowing he had a lot to make up for in the past. In reality, he was a semi decent keeper, but his confidence has never been in the right place. Now it was, maybe it would rub off, but like he said before, he knew that he would not be anything more than a backup.

Will I ever be the same?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:20 am
User Image

Raphael Alexander Snow

Hufflepuff First Year
Single
Pureblood

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After deciding that he would deal with being put into the hufflepuff house, Raph decided to try Quidditch on for size. He walked onto the field with his uncles old Firebolt I on his shoulder and looked around. Looked like he was the second First year to try out this year. He wasn't so sure he was okay with this anymore... But as he thought about it, his fear turned into determination to be better than his cousin. And because of this determination he was planning on going for Beater or Chaser.

User Image  

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:36 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image

Ariana turned upon hearing a boy's voice. He looked extremely nervous as he introduced himself. The redhead approached him, a welcoming smile plastered on her visage. "Nope, it's not too late to tryout!" she exclaimed. In fact, Ari was more than happy that a first year decided to try out this year. Even if they ended up getting a full team without him, quidditch teams always needed reserve players. When Corabell arrived, Ariana waved at her, but her eyes widened with joy when she noticed who was making his way behind the second year. "Steele!" she exclaimed happily, rushing into her boyfriend's arms for a hug and a kiss. You came! she thought as she planted a kiss on his lips. When the blond explained that he'd probably stay as reserve, Ariana shrugged, holding her arms around his neck still as she stared into his eyes. "That still counts as being on the team," she told him. When a new, unfamiliar face walked onto the pitch, Ari couldn't help but notice him. And what was that in his hand? A Firebolt? She knew the school didn't have any Firebolts even though that broom was in the same condition as most of the brooms at the school. Slowly, Ariana unwrapped her hands from around Steele's neck and approached Raphael. "That's not a school broom, is it?" she asked rhetorically. I really don't wanna do this! Ariana thought, but she knew she was chosen as prefect for a reason. Rules had to be enforced, and she was one of the students who had to enforce them. "I'm really sorry," she started with pleading eyes, "but I'm going to have to confiscate that broom." Ariana bit her bottom lip lightly, waiting for the first year to hand it over to her.

Total Roll:

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:36 pm
User Image

Raphael Alexander Snow

Hufflepuff First Year
Single
Pureblood

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Raph looked up as a red head approached him and asked about his uncle's old broom. "No its not a school broom. Am I not allowed to use my uncle's old broom?" He asked curiously but still giving the girl the broom. He didn't exactly mind, he only had it because his uncle asked him too when he announced to his family he would try out for whichever team's house he made it into. But he was only curious as to why he couldn't and why it was being confiscated... He had forgotten first years weren't allowed there own brooms.

User Image  

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:11 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Fifth YearHufflepuffChaserSingle

Dhyl waved happily at people, then looked at Steele. He was back? After leaving their team in shambles... more than once, he wanted another shot?! At least he said he'd be a reserve! The black haired boy stood a bit taller, lessening his slouch and cocking an eyebrow. All at once, Ariana kissed Steele.... a lot. The teen shook his head, turning away. Well.. there went all hope for a date with his crush of two years. Dhyl's smile was gone, replaced by his more usual frown. Ari went Prefect mode on a kid, but deaf ears were tuned. The fifteen year old checked his watch, sighing. He wanted to demand that they just got on with it, but instead settled for another sigh. Why was it that he'd never find affection? He looked up at the sky, natural slouch taking over. If only for Heather, he'd pretend to be happy. He would play, and he would reclaim his spot yet again. Blue eyes narrowed, the teen looking around. Maybe the day would just end so he could go back to his room and study.

AC: 15
Modifiers: +5
Total Roll:
00//03
Skills: Good Arm Dang Healthy Swift Swipe
Lives: [∞] [∞] [∞] [∞]
Scores: 00//00

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:38 pm
I wish today it will rain all day. Maybe that will kinda make the pain go away. Trying to forgive you for abandoning me. Praying but I think I'm still an angel away...
Angel away, yeah strange in a way. Maybe that is why I chase strangers away? They got their guns out aiming at me, but I become Neo when they're aiming at me...
Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends. Somehow they both seem to become one. A sea full of sharks and they all smell blood...
They start coming and I start rising. Must be surprising, I'm just amazing. I win, thrive, soar, higher, higher, higher! More fire!

User Image
User Image
Sɪxᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ ✪ Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ ✪ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ✪ Bᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ

I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise!
To fly... Get ready for it... I came to win!

Heather looked out at the students that made their way onto the field. There was Ada and Olyvia, two cheerful Chasers who had proven their worth on the team last year. Of course Ariana was here. Her Vice Captain was always on time, as she expected her to be. Her favorite Beater, Tobi, appeared, along with his boyfriend, Bradley. Dhylan came up to her, and she smiled. Her lead Chaser's presence was greatly appreciated. Corabell joined them all, along with Steele. Would the two of them fight for the Keeper position? A few new faces as well. First years? They looked young enough, so they must be.

"Is everyone here? If not, the others will just have to catch up..." she said to herself. Where was her brother? He had told her that he was planning on trying out. Oh well. She would worry about him later. For now, she had tryouts to run. "Alright everyone, listen up! For those that don't know me, my name is Heather Hawthorn, and I'm the Captain of this team. The lovely Ariana Hawthorne over there is my Vice Captain. Treat her with the same respect you'd treat me." she began, pointing to the redhead with a sideways smile. "We've got some new recruits, so I'll explain how this is gonna go. Fill out this form here, hand it back in to me, then start your stretches. After that, grab a broom and get five laps around the Pitch in. After your laps, circle around and wait near the center of the Pitch for further instructions." Heather held out the forms and the spare pencils she had dug out of her backpack. Hers was already filled out, and was grasped firmly in her opposite hand, where the other filled out forms would be.

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character's Name:[/b]
[b]House:[/b]
[b]Year:[/b]
[b]Advanced Flying I:[/b] (yes or no)
[b]Advanced Flying II:[/b] (yes or no)
[b]Years of Previous Quidditch playing:[/b] (0-6)
[b]Any Special Skill:[/b] (max of 3)
[b]First Choice Position:[/b]
[b]Second Choice Position:[/b]

Username: heather030595
Character's Name: Heather Hawthorn
House: Hufflepuff
Year: 6th
Advanced Flying I: yes
Advanced Flying II: yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 5
Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
First Choice Position: Beater
Second Choice Position: Keeper

AC: 18
Mᴏᴅɪғɪᴇʀs: +8
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Sᴋɪʟʟs:
Mᴇᴀɴ Sᴡɪɴɢ
Dᴇғᴛ Dᴏᴅɢᴇʀ
Dᴀɴɢ Hᴇᴀʟᴛʜʏ
Lɪᴠᴇs: ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
Fɪɴᴀʟ Rᴏʟʟ: #
Aɪᴍɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ: -----------

Everybody wanna try to box me in. Suffocating every time it locks me in. Painting their own pictures then they crop me in, but I will remain where the top begins...
'Cause I am not a word, I am not a line. I am not a girl that can ever be defined. I am not fly, I am levitation. I represent an entire generation...
I hear the criticism loud and clear. That is how I know that the time is near. So we become alive in a time of fear. And I ain't got no ******** time to spare...
Cry my eyes out for days upon days. Such a heavy burden placed upon me. But when you go hard your nay's become yay's! Yankee Stadium with Jay's and Kanye's!

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:47 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Sporty on the Pitchspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing on Chris // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Heatherspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Ooh, it'll be so nice to get back on my broom.' spacespac
'You didn't have to look my way;
Your eyes still haunt me to this day.'

═════════════════════════════════

Adalaide approached Heather, smiling widely as she took one of the forms and a pencil. She filled it out fairly quickly before grabbing her broom and mounting it. She was ready for this. There were two new kids, first years, one of whom had brought a broom from home. Ada frowned when Ariana confiscated it. The rule had been established back before first years were allowed to try out, but she didn't think it made much sense in the more current years. It was sort of unfair for the first years to have to play with the school brooms... she shook her head, focusing, and made her lap quickly, trying to get up to her top speed. She'd improved it over the summer, and was quite proud. She'd hopefully be even better a player this year than she had been before.

Username: Cara MiaKitty
                                                          Character's Name: Adalaide Blythe
                                                          Year: 5th
                                                          Advanced Flying I: yes
                                                          Advanced Flying II: Yes
                                                          Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
                                                          Any Special Skill: Great Catch, Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer
                                                          First Choice Position: Chaser
                                                          Second Choice Position: Anything but Beater

═════════════════════════════════
                                                          'But you did... yes, you did.'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Position: Chaser
AC: 16
Modifiers: (+6 on steals) (+6 on scores)
Special Skills: Great Catch, Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer
Lives: ❤ ❤ ❤
♡ ♡ ♡
Post to the Goal: 0/3
Final Roll: xx
Score
00 to 00
TIED

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:11 am
User Image
User Image

User Image

Ariana shook her head at the first year's question. "Sadly, no. First years are not allowed to have their own brooms. If you pass your Flying class this year, next year you'll be able to bring it, though," she explained as she took the Firebolt. At least he's not putting up a fight, she thought. That was a plus. Ariana really did not like being the strict one who had to make sure everyone behaved, but she was chosen as prefect, so it had to be done. "If you're planning to go home for holidays, I'll give it to you then. If you aren't, I'll give it to you at the end of the year." The redhead placed the broom carefully off to the side where she would remember to get it after tryouts were over. The vice captain returned to the group of Hufflepuff students when Heather spoke. When the captain pointed to her and told everyone to treat her with respect, Ariana blushed lightly, smiled and waved to the rest of the team hopefuls. When the blonde finished speaking, the seeker picked up a form and filled it out before handing it back to Heather. A soft sigh escaped her lips when she realized she had to run five laps around the field after completing her stretches. This is new, she thought, recalling to previous years of tryouts. She didn't remember once running laps, but this was the captain's orders, so she didn't fight it.

Username: kiska166
Character's Name: Ariana Hawthorne
Year: 6th
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 5
Any Special Skill: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
First Choice Position: Seeker
Second Choice Position: Seeker

Total Roll:

User Image

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games