Welcome to Gaia! ::

[Moved] Empty Weyrs & Scattered Wings

Back to Guilds

AU Non-canon Pern RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragon, Firelizard, Wher, Impression 

Reply Event Archives
Baked to Perfection (Hatching!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:56 pm
Melomar

Leiya would have moved further from Dimeti—Why was he not wearing a shirt? They were here as guests, the dimglow. And there was C’ran. Probably jealous that she’d sat so close to Dimeti.

He was a dimglow, too.

Ah! There. T’eir. She’d hoped he’d arrive. “T’eir, I saved you a spot!” She hadn’t. But it was free and it was near her. Why not? They’d become friends in the time they’d traveled. She filled him in quietly, trying to keep an eye on the hatching.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:18 am
Did nobody want to play with, Cochito? The young blue's wings drooped a little when nobody came forward to play with him. He's been so eager to meet them all. It would have been very easy for him to flop down in the sand and sulk right there at the candidates' feet, but Cochito wasn't that kind of dragon. Giving himself a bit of a shake the blue gave another happy squeal, trundling into the candidates with quick, short, steps. Maybe they were just shy. Cochito would show them that it was okay, they just needed to realise that playing was fun. Cochito hadn't really played before, being inside an egg up until now, but he knew that it was fun.

Poking his way through the crowd, the blue wasn't really paying much attention to anyone else's movements. They weren't moving, they were too shy. So, wasn't prepared at all when a white clad figure walked right into him. The blue hit the sand with a soft thump and a surprised grunt. Blinking in surprise he looked around, still lying on his side. When the whirling green gaze landed on Sonulobai he gave a happy squeal. Well, that had been exciting hadn't it. Climbing to his feet the little blue shook the sand from his hide, before bouncing excitedly in place. Would you play with, Cochito? The blue caught hold of the candidate's robe in his tiny teeth and gave a gentle tug. Come, come play!

Melomar

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:15 am
The_Muffin_Puppy
Cochito is so cute!

His second collision was forceful enough to send Sonulobai and Cochito into the sand. The Candidate was so surprised that he jumped back up and knelt in front of the hatchling. "Are you all right?" But the chunky little hatchling was enjoying himself. Come, play? he thought in confusion but what could he do but follow? "Yes, I will follow you, don't worry. But I do not know how to play," he replied, increasingly mumbling until no one but the little Blue could hear him.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:21 am
V'ine and Green Ohuth 2

While the dragonets seemed quite lively, the candidates on the other hand lacked some luster. Though given the heat down there, V'ine wasn't surprised if they looked a little wilt-y. She glanced away from the sands for a moment as another from the Entourage came to sit nearby. "Not too late T'eir. Never too late for a hatching. Although," she gave him a sly glance. "You so far have missed two greens and two blues hatching. Perky little things they are."

Melomar
T'eir

magnadearel

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:51 am
After her initial surprise at her sister's sudden entry to the world Confetti recovered quickly and chirped a greeting to the Cookie green before warbling and leaning hard into Lemon Drizzle's nuzzle. And now look, there was Cochito, so many siblings and so many candidates she didn't know what to do next!

Oh- except that she did!

With a delighted call Confetti wheeled around and gambolled towards the line of candidates, her eyes already turning to rainbows as she spotted the one she was looking for. Tollar, it's okay, you don't have to be grumpy with them now - I'm here for you! I am Pauth, let's go and- oh let's go and do everything together!

Ruhane Chiisai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:44 pm
S'var 5

As V'ine approached and seated herself with the group S'var gave the older woman a small smile and a polite nod, just in time to see T'ier as well - the young man also got a smile as V'ine described what had happened so far.

As he looked back at the Sands the noise of the crowd swelled and his gaze quickly caught on the first green who'd hatched, it seemed she was to be the first to bond as well! "Good timing T'ier," S'var chuckled as the Confetti hatchling bounded towards her rider, missing the first Impression would be disappointing to say the least.

Melomar
magnadearel

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:51 pm
T'eir and Brown Gilwreyth - 2

"Hello! How are you today, Leiya? Thank you for saving me a seat." T'eir gave her a warm smile as he sat down.

"Dear, but oh, they are beautiful little dragons," T'eir practically cooed as he spoke with V'ine and S'var. "I am glad I did not miss any Impressions." But soon enough one of the greens Impressed. She looked to be rather sweet, and energetic like the rest. Very good. He elbowed the rider next to him, K'ndayo. "Great omen, eh?"

K'ndayo and Blue Audrath - 2

"Yes, good omen," K'ndayo agreed, albeit a little weakly. He was still shaking off his feelings of dread in favor of enjoying the Hatching. He focused intently on the hatchlings and finally thought to his dragon, I am reminded of our Impression day. Those were simpler times.

There have been many good times since then, too. And will still be more to come.

I hope you're right.

Quote:
to The Entourage.
I keep wanting to say Starship Entourage. Derp xD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:29 pm
Melomar
Candidate Joisann

Lorux

Know when you see them.

"Yeah," Lorux sighed wistfully as he looked over the eggs and the four- Oh no! The three unbonded hatchlings! "Oi oi, nice job Tollar!" First Impression of a clutch had to be bragging rights, right?

Anyway, the three hatchlings. He liked them all honestly, Lemon Drizzle hadn't really seemed his type but maybe one of the others? I'll play with you next! he tried to think at Cochito. Maybe err, tag? Not many bits to play games with out here hu? A small blue wasn't what he'd daydreamed himself with but that wasn't going to make him close his mind!  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:31 pm
Melomar

Didn't know how to play? Oh no, that was sad. It was okay though, Cochito would teach you! Eagerly the little blue pulled the candidate along, until they had a little more room. Releasing the robe, the hatchling jumped back. Bowing his front down Cochito swayed his tail back and forth, looking intently at the candidate. He then darted forward booping his nose against Sonulobai's hand, before running off again. He eyed the candidate from a distance, daring him to chase after him.

Something seemed to catch the little blue's attention suddenly, his head cocking to the side. Was that-? It was! With a delighted squeal the blue turned his head towards Lorux. The moment his rainbow gaze landed on the lad, Cochito began to jump excitedly up and down. Lorux! My Lorux! There you are! I knew you would come to play with your Cochith! We must teach this one to play, Lorux! He doesn't know how, and that's not good! Everyone should know how to play! As he called to his rider the elated blue just get jumping and squealing, making quite a fuss.

TawnyAngel

Behind this event, the eggs had not slowed their enthusiastic movements. With so many moving in so many directions, it was impossible to tell who would be making their way onto the sands next. Nobody would probably expect Roulade, which had been calmly rocking since very early into the hatching. It seemed however that their movements were going to get them somewhere, as cracks spread over their pale shell. It would be hard to tell exactly when the turning point was, but it seemed that one moment an egg was there, and the next a blue was uncurling himself from the remains of his shell. The blue stretched, stepping away from the remains of his egg with a grace that seemed almost out of place for a dragon so fresh out of the shell. Passing by Lemon Drizzle and Chocolate Chip Cookie, the blue gave a silent nod as he walked towards the candidates.
User Image

No sooner had Roulade made his elegant entrance, Sticky Toffee Pudding made their less than elegant one. The egg seemed to almost crumble in on itself, and it looked like the dragon inside may have actually failed to pierce the egg sac before the shell collapsed. Tiny limbs flailed about, sending egg shards, goop, and sand most everywhere. Leaving the tiny green panting in a pile of stickiness. Shell and sand stuck all over her hide as the green shook egg membrane off her head, looking up at large eyes at the surrounding crowd and letting out a sweet trill. She was here! Sticky Toffee Pudding had made it!
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:18 pm
It was Tordare’s first chance at standing and he was determined to get this right. Turny had stood once before and not Impressed so he knew there was a likely chance of that happening to him. Acknowledging that fact and accepting it were two different things.

He stood next to his older brother. “I could use some of your confidence,” he muttered. Turny always seemed to know what to do.

He watched each hatchling as they moved across the sands. Two had already found theirs. “There’s plenty of eggs left, I’m sure we’ll Impress, Turny.” Now if only he believed that.

magnadearel

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:58 pm
Weyrlingmaster R'ulfr of Blue Isbranth

The new Weyrlingmaster stepped forward once Tollar and Lorux, and their new bonds, seemed ready. "I am Weyrlingmaster R'ulfr. Please follow me and we'll get you what you need." By need he meant buckets of meat, and also the tools needed to wash and oil their dragons. He lead the way off the Sands, and made quite sure that they followed.

Ruhane Chiisai
Tollar

TawnyAngel
Lorux

Candidate Joisann

Joisann had a friendly smirk for Lorux as he turned away. He congratulated the first Candidate to become a Weyrling, and she probably should too. "Great job! Congrats!" she called out after Tollar. She keenly watched the other dragons, and watched as two more made their appearances. One was regal beyond his age, and the other was rather messy. She had no idea what kind of dragon would be best for her. She just knew that she would love to bond with one. That was good enough, right? Her determination? She would Stand as long as she had to. She'd even age out and sit in the Stands longer still, hoping. Waiting.

Candidates Sonulobai and Chellemana

Was this what it was like to bond with a dragon? It had to be earned, it had to grow. Was that it? Dragged along by Cochith, he made ready to "play." He crouched when the dragon did, pantomiming as well as he could. Then he was booped and left behind. Wait. What? "Where are you goi--" Stopping mid-word Sonulobai watched the dragon Impress someone else. Lorux.

Dazed, he stayed where he was. "What."

Chellemana slapped the shoulder of the Candidate now standing in front of them. Chellemana had seen the whole thing. Or at least the end of it. "Are you okay? You look white as a sheet and kinda blotchy in the cheeks."

"I don't know." Sonulobai seemed to deflate, but the color of his features began to return to normal.

"There will be others, right? There are over two dozen eggs total in this clutch and only two have bonded. That's good for us, right?" Ever practical, Chellemana was not in the least bit worried, for now. Of course they had not literally been toyed with by one of the hatchlings.

"I suppose you're right." Sonulobai did not know what to do, but he did say this: "Thank you." Then he scooted up beside them and surveyed the other hatchlings, and the eggs. There were many left. He had to keep his sight on the whole picture sometimes.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:35 pm
Candidate Turanves

He rolled his eyes as one of the blues grabbed a candidate by the robes to play with. How undignified. Whatever, thankfully it wasn't his dragon as he saw the rainbow eyes as another candidate went to join in. Turan turned his attention back to the eggs. So far, nothing had hatched to gather his attention.

A soft mutter at his side made Turan glance toward his younger brother. "Keep your chin up. Any of these dragons could be yours." They all seemed the right temperament for his little brother, though he would have preferred a brown for Tordare. Oh he knew there was plenty of eggs. He was waiting for the big eggs to hatch though.

Thaliawen
Tordare

V'ine and Green Ohuth 3

V'ine and Ohuth shared a happy moment as the first green found her rider. They were all precious. "They are. I am sure their riders will be smitten with them." She eyed the eggs thoughtfully then the candidates. "I hope the healers have time to bring them a sip of water during this. Wouldn't do to have them passing out in the heat."

TawnyAngel

Melomar

magnadearel

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:56 am
Melomar
Weyrlingmaster R'ulfr of Blue Isbranth
Candidate Sonulobai

It was like getting hit over the head with a rock, but in a good way. Like being drunk, but not. Like he could see a whole new colour. Like- like-

Something that couldn't be described, not really, not by the smartest Harper who'd ever lived and so definitely not by him.

Lorux whooped and rushed forward to meet Cochith half way, of course it was him- how could it have been anyone else? This was what he'd been looking for even if he hadn't always known it. "Cochith!" Lorux flung his arms around the blue as he reared up on his hind legs and then stepped back a bit, taking his forefeet in his hands to prance a few steps together. "We will- for sure!" Whatever his dragon wanted (his dragon!) was just fine by him. "But first we've got to go with the weyrlingmaster, alright?" Fek he was hungry all of a sudden, it was what they'd been told to expect but still!

We can't play more now? Cochith sounded a little disappointed as he dropped back onto all fours and rubbed his face against his beaming rider's hip, but he was very hungry so maybe it was for the best. Decision reached he turned away from Lorux and pranced back to Sonulobai with a trill. Lorux says I have to go for now but we'll play again okay? You were getting the hang of it already! Satisfied for now that he would soon follow up with his first human friend Cochith bounded back towards Lorux.

Shards but Cochith was perfect, and he couldn't stop grinning! "Thanks everyone, hope to see you in a bit!" Lorux waved at his fellow candidates and, after a last glance at the clutch, hurried after R'ulfr with his new bondmate springing along at his side.

S'var 6

"We're doing well for greens and blues so far," S'var observed, his eyes currently trained on the newest blue with apparent approval - this one had poise indeed. No sooner had he laid eyes on Roulade however then the stands were cheering another Impression, the round little blue had found his bondmate and was now dancing around the sands with him. "Energetic little lot," he added with a chuckle.

Then, to V'ine; "I would certainly hope so, I can't imagine how hot it is down there even for fit youngsters like them. It would be terrible for one of them to faint and miss out on their dragon." He doubted anyone would let that happen though, especially with a clutch so precious as this.

Quote:
To Weyrship Entourage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:09 am
With two siblings now Impressed, and more on the Sands, Chocolate Chip Cookie seemed to decide it was her turn and began to stride towards the candidates with her wings held proudly flared as her eyes whirled a bright confident blue, with the occasional flicker of red hunger. Where was the one she was looking for? With a deep rumble, or at least as deep as she could manage, she approached Turanves and Tordare, came to a halt, and gave the pair of them a good hard stare.

Behind Cookie more eggs were moving now; Devil's Food Cake gave another subtle quiver, but it was Carrot Cake who provided the next real bit of action. The large egg jerked, wobbled, fell on its side and rolled in a circle before coming to a halt shaking and cracking. Eventually a small hole appeared near the top and from there the cracks grew wider, more shards fell away, and after a few more moments of effort the gleaming hatchling forced his way out of the gap. Once clear of the shell he blinked in the light, took a couple of steps forward, and then sat down to paw at a piece of eggshell that was stuck to his eyeridge.

User Image

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Event Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items