Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]
Silver & Blood: A Kingdom's Currency (Rynn01 x Kami GearX) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 58 59 60 61 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rynn01

Friendly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:44 pm
Kami GearX

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Anja raised an eyebrow at him, "You keep speaking that way and you might get a rebellion. People don't like to be reminded of their station in life. And you are very arrogant. How can you lead the people if you don't know the people." she hopped out of the wagon and was flanked by guards right away. She wouldn't put up a fight. She was directed to the dungeons and 'forced' inside one of their cells. It was damp and it smelled like dirt, soiled linens, and sickness. What a great smell.

She still had shackles on her, and why wouldn't she? Anja sat down on the far side and leaned against the cold, hard stone. Anja wished that her pack was alright and they wouldn't come for her. It was too late for her. Maxas would find a new mate and move on. After all, he was the Alpha  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:57 pm
User Image
Prince Tousa of Darinest

Tousa watched as the woman was taken away to her cell below. She had gotten the last word in. Again. Tousa took a deep breath and dismounted from his horse, walking inside with the rest of his troops.

He watched as men were carried out from the wagons and into hastily pitched tents for the wounded. He motioned to a soldier. "Go and fetch me ink, a quill, some paper and plenty of candles and bring them to the dungeon as well as my meal."

The soldier blinked. "Your Highness?" The soldier cleared his throat and saluted, rearranging himself into a salute. "At once your grace."

"Thank you. Be quick about it." Tousa was then handing his horse over to a stablehand and heading for the dungeons, the boots of his armor clicking against the cobblestone floor once he began to descend the steps into such a place.

Once there he dismissed the guard that was on duty. "Get some rest soldier, I will watch over the prisoners tonight, and down here is as good as any place to do my work."

"Y-yes your highness!" The guard was more than happy to oblige the strange circumstances of getting out of such a horrible job. Once the guard was gone Tousa moved to pull the chair up right in front of Anja's cell. He just watched for the moment, a smirk on his face as if he had won at some childish competition.

Rynn01

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Battle: Defender 100

Rynn01

Friendly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:02 pm
Kami GearX

Anja didn't know why he wanted to be down here with her. Did what she said get under his skin? It should. He was so blinded by everything he couldn't see what was happening right in front of him. Her excellent night vision would allow her to track even the smallest of things.

Anja looked at him, "Why are you smirking like that? Are you passing gas or something?"  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:14 pm
User Image
Prince Tousa of Darinest

"I would not do such a thing whilst in the company of others." He said with a scowl. "To do so is not proper. No I was smiling because I am enjoying the work I did today. One of the knights I was riding with before they were killed in the ambush stated that there was an importance to doing logistics such as making sure a caravan was delivered safely. I now understand what he was talking about."

Tousa, glanced to the doorway with a nod and then back to Anja. "However, I also have a question for you, my prisoner. Right now, I want to know what you think I should do with you. A beastkin that continually insults me and who tried to steal the military's supplies. Since people do not like to be reminded of their station, let me say this plainly. If you followed the rules of the society you are currently trapped in, I wouldn't have to remind you of such a difference in status."

Rynn01

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Rynn01

Friendly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:39 pm
Kami GearX

Anja sneered and got really pissed off, "Rules? What rules do you speak of? Do they say I have to gravel at your feet as you pass by? To think that royals are better than us common folk? We are all equally human. You could die from a stab wound the same way a commoner would die. What gives you the right to tell me about rules?"

Anja stood up, "You don't even know what is going on while you're off fighting in a war that is devastating this country! I would worry less on the rules and focus more on keeping this Kingdom whole." She kicked dirt at him in aggravation. How was he so blind, "Tell me, what do you think of this war? All glamour and fighting? Do you think as a soldier you are entitled to do anything you please?"  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:56 pm
User Image
Prince Tousa of Darinest

"The rules that govern society. I come from a ruling class and heritage that has helped keep these lands safe and so local disputes between knights and landowners does not devastate the population at every turn. In exchange, we ask for respect and payment." Tousa stated.

"Or would you rather have it so every keep in the local area is its own government where they try to kill each other? Where bandits such as yourself can roam free and slaughter whomever they like without repercussion? The societal structure set in place does not always give justice, but it certainly makes it a safer place."

Tousa stood up and shook his head. "What gives me the right to tell you about rules? The fact that the societal contract states that I can. It is a hierarchy so those that are at the top can make the difficult decisions of what happens and we can be blamed for it if it goes poorly."

He then stretched as best as he could while in his armor. "Now, as for what I think of this war. I think that soldiers are entitled to reasonable pay and compensation for risking their lives on a battlefield to prevent those who are to weak to protect themselves from getting slaughtered. I expect soldiers to be respected by those that they protect, and celebrated when they return home for doing their best and giving up, potentially, their lives in service of such a goal."

The prince looked at Anja. "And what of you? What gives you the right to endanger peoples lives by raiding the military's supplies?"

Rynn01

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Rynn01

Friendly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:11 pm
Kami GearX

Anja couldn't believe what she was hearing. She was so dumbfounded she almost couldn't say anything, "Respect and payment? I think your soldiers get paid alright. Not willingly. Tell me something, should a soldier get respect by barging into a home, eating what little food they have, raping the mother and daughter if she were old enough? Then burning the house down for sport to blow off steam? And if anyone spoke out against this, they were killed."

Her eyes glowed with knowledge. She had seen it be done before, many times. And the King did nothing to stop it, "Before you call me a lair, you should talk to some of your men. They may say what you want, but read their body language."

"Raiding huh? I don't see it that way. I see it as being able to feed orphans from the war and survivors of the home burnings and raids by your men. neither you or the King cares about anyone but themselves." Anja was getting all worked up now. She held herself and glared at him, trying to hold back angry tears, "Just leave me alone! Don't talk to me! Don't presume to know me or my actions, cause you don't!" She turned away from him and tightened her grip around herself.

Anja had said way too much. What was the point in saying all that? It would go in one ear and out the other. She sunk down and put her head on her knees. After several minutes she took a few deep breaths, trying to calm herself down.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:30 pm
User Image
Prince Tousa of Darinest

"As you wish." Tousa stated, picking up his chair and moving to take it back to the table. "However, just as I do not know you, you do not know me or my men. You speak ill of them without knowing them, does that not hollow your own argument?"

Tousa reached for the reinforced wooden door and shut it slowly. "I will come back when the food you are meant to have is ready." The door was then shut without another word and the sound of it being locked was easily grating to the ears.

Once on the other side of the door, Tousa looked to the soldier that was standing there with the items he had requested. "On the table soldier, then you are to fetch the prisoner her ration for the night."

"Yes your majesty." The soldier stated before setting the items down for the prince and going up the spiral staircase once more and out of sight. Tousa reached for the quill and inkwell, lighting the candle with a point of his finger and casting a small spell.

It was then he began to write what letters he needed to. It was a slow process, and not one he enjoyed, but it was required of him to report various things going on to several different nobles. "I almost forgot I need to find out which family of Beastkin that woman belongs to... I will look for an expert later tonight."

Rynn01

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Rynn01

Friendly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:37 pm
Kami GearX

Anja expected nothing less from him. At least he left her alone, for now. She knew his men pretty well. Seen them in action. There was no use in hiding who she was now, or what she was. Anja looked out of the window, trying to see the moon.

She transformed herself quickly and quietly into her wolf form. Her appearance was now that of a giant wolf. She had white fur with some grey outlines. She looked at the moon once more and howled as loud as she could. It was a sad and lonely howl. She laid down and faced the entrance where he was surely going to rush in. Her eyes were a piercing yellow in the darkness  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:52 pm
User Image
Prince Tousa of Darinest

Tousa stood up immediately at the howling and unlocked the doorway, rushing into the prison to see that instead of a woman a wolf sat staring at him.

For a moment Tousa looked surprised at the fact. Then unsure of how to proceed. Finally, his composure was regained and he spoke. "So you are of the Lycan variant of Beastkin. That certainly explains the wolf corpses at least."

He took a deep breath. "Well, now I know what to do with you at the very least. By law you will be executed in the morning. Do you understand Anja?" His face was neutral. Perhaps a bit to neutral, especially considering how expressive he had been during the rest of the day.

"That being said, the least I can do now is fulfill a few requests you might have. Is there anything you wish to eat or drink? Would you like a change of clothes and perhaps a blanket? I cannot offer you a better place to sleep as I can't give you the slightest chance to escape, but the rest can be provided."

Rynn01

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Rynn01

Friendly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:09 pm
Kami GearX

Anja knew she signed herself a death warrant. She shook her head at all of the requests he offered. She only wanted one thing, for him to know the truth. That wasn't going to happen. Instead she only howled. She did this for several minutes. She perked her ears and waited. Soon she heard several howls back. It was her kin, offering kind words and resting with peace.

Anja gave them one last howl and laid down and shut her eyes. Her ears remained perked up. She wasn't going to sleep away her last night. No, she was going to enjoy herself.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:26 pm
User Image
Prince Tousa of Darinest

The prince listened to the howling as it went on and then on again.
A few soldiers were coming down the stairs and piling into the room, weapons drawn. He turned his head towards the group of them. "She's a Lycan, I need the executioner's blade sharpened and the cutting block cleaned for tomorrow. Bring me a silver tipped spear as well just in case she tries to escape from her bars. Arm the guards with what silver weapons we have and make sure the walls have a double shift on them tonight. I want no soldier by themselves tonight."

"Yes your majesty." One of the guards stated, taking a second soldier with him as they moved to tell the garrison the new orders and get the Prince a spear appropriate for the situation.

Tousa looked back at Anja once again. "The rest of you may get back to your regular duties. I will stay here to make sure nothing happens. Tonight is going to be a long night for everyone here."

Rynn01

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Rynn01

Friendly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:35 pm
Kami GearX

Anja's heart sank. She wouldn't go running through the forest again. She would never hunt with them again, or wrestle, or train new recruits. She would never see that little girl ever again, the one she rescued from a collapsing building. Anja would never be with Maxas again. And she hadn't had the chance to tell him of her true heritage, cause it was a huge secret. He would no doubt find a new mate. That broke her heart the most.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:02 pm
User Image
Prince Tousa of Darinest

Tousa gave a nod as the spear was finally given to him and then the meal was brought shortly after which was given to the Prince before the two guards that had brought it were dismissed.

Tousa didn't bother with being cautious, setting his spear down next to the bars as he knelt to set the food in front of Anja one item at a time. "It is not much, but it should do you well enough and at least warm the stomach Anja. I ask one last time, do you have need of anything that I can provide you?"

The prince was now sitting cross legged in front of the cell, looking at the wolf at roughly the same floor level. He didn't try to do much in front of her and after that he was quiet, simply trying to judge what Anja was feeling, if squinted eyes were anything to go by.

At the very least he wasn't acting like he had been before, certainly not in posture. Rather he had a slight slouch and relaxed posture to himself, rather than the straight back and forced elegance to his maneuvers that he had taken up before.

Rynn01

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Rynn01

Friendly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:23 pm
Kami GearX

Anja reverted back to her human form. She was cross legged on the floor, like he was. The pain and sadness was written all over her face. She stood, took the meal items one by one and went to the back of the cell to start eating.

"I do have one request. Or rather, two. Could you stab me in the heart instead of chop my head off? And I'd like you to burn my body when its done. It sets the soul free." she hadn't looked up at him as she spoke. The pain in her voice was all too real. Looking at him now would only break her down.

"I wish I could have told them goodbye one last time. They are my family after all."  
~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 58 59 60 61 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff