Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands
[JOINT-META] Incongruous Juxtaposition? (OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:07 am
The cub's questions were unsurprising to say the least. There were those within the Firekin that questioned the coloration rule as well, and in fact it had changed fairly recently. Getting too detailed in an answer would only confuse the cubs - it was thought to be a blessing from our old goddess, but now we don't worship that goddess anymore, in fact, it's kind of looked down on to do so! - so rather than dive in to the history of the pride, Mat shook her head and lifted a huge paw to pat the female's head.

"Traditions and customs, little sea lions. Surely you have some here in your pride as well. They were set long ago by our ancestors and we live by them to this day. Red, black, and white used to be the only colors accepted by the Firekin, but times have changed us quite a bit. If you look closely among my kin, I'm sure you'll find colors that are none of those three!" Indeed, yellows and oranges were fairly predominant now, as well as a bit of non-Firekin colors like blue, brown, or other rogue-bred hues.

"But that's a rather boring answer, isn't it? Would you prefer to hear stories of battle?" she asked, pulling her paw safely back from the cubs before turning it over and unsheathing her claws, curling her toes just a bit to make a vicious cupped paw of pain. "I fought many of my fellow Firekin to rise in the ranks not long ago. Or would you prefer to hear stories of our home, the desert, and the trials of living there?"

As she spoke she noticed another male heading her way, this one an adult, and gave him a little nod and flashed her teeth in a rather aggressive grin. Despite her size and showing off her more dangerous bits, it was clear that Mat meant no harm to the gaggle of cubs before her and that she was delighted to entertain them.

Kerberos' eyes widened at the size of the paw and the length of the claws that were right in front of his face, and he stood up on his hind legs to get a better look.

"Whoa...I bet you could take down a zebra all by yourself with a paw that big!" he exclaimed excitedly, pressing his own paws against hers to see the size different. His mother and father were both huge so this was a pretty good way to see just how much growing he had to do. A lot, from the look of it. It seemed like his paw was the size of one of her toes!

"I wanna hear about battle," he said excitedly before glancing at his siblings, hoping they'd agree.

Epine de Rose

Pollack

Kimaria

Ctrl F Greenie

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:55 pm
"I imagine others will be interested, " Kimeti replied, dipping his head gratefully and taking a few steps so that he drew up alongside the brothers. He certainly intended to go - in fact, he was rather excited by the idea, though doing well to hide it behind a mask of professionalism. Who knew if that mask would last, though, when he was greeted with the sea.

It would most certainly be unlike anything he had ever seen.

"Are you coming, Heti?"

"Of course!" The striped lion replied, "will you join us, too?" he asked the blue lioness with whom he was currently conversing.

Epine de Rose

Syrius Lionwing

The litte cub was listening carefully, her focus solely on the large, dark female. Their colours were obviously important to them. They seemed to want to burn like the sun. It did make for an impressive sight! She knew, after all, that she would not forget this in a hurry.

She settled in more comfortably in preparation for a story of epic proportions when her siblings cut in with unimportant questions. Always with the questions. Did they not know that it took the fun out of everything?

"Yes, yes, the battle!" this lady sounded tough. "Did you beat all of the boys? Are you a queen now?"

SilverLutz

Ctrl F Greenie

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:50 pm
Afina smiled at the red lion "My grandmother was called Khepri, she is no longer with us but she was blood red. My grandfather still lives but he was born in the pridelands." She chuckles lightly, it was certainly interesting to see the sea of red and black here, she had only briefly known her grandmother when she was very young.

The blue lioness gave a nod and followed after the group. "My grandmother always said she missed the sand of the firekin but she never regretted coming to the sea."

——

Kiahi’kripi watched as all of the lions started to mingle, she wanted to speak to someone, she just didn’t know who to approach. She looked around and waded towards a small group of lions hoping to pick up some sort of conversation.

She wanted to learn more about this pride of sea-dwelling folk, of their sand and sea and their waves. It was such a beautiful place. It wasn’t home but it felt more like home than any where else.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:50 pm
User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

"I am a guard for my pride." Pili said proudly, she very much like what she did. She got to wander around the boarders and check out all the strangers in the area.

While Cheveyo was part of the pride, he hadn't officially joined yet. He just wasn't sure how tolerated he would have been but now the more he thought about it the more he realized he should just go ahead and do it. Plus he wanted to be with the lioness he loved. The cubs were old enough now he should go through with it already. There really was no reason to hold back from joining.

"I'm not really part of the pride yet, but I soon will be." He said proudly.

Sekhmet gave a nod, that was interesting that this outsider is so willing to join this pride. Not that it was a bad place or anything. It was no different than Tera and her mate joining her own pride.

Tera was always happy to hear others liking the jobs they did. "Perhaps you two can show us around a bit?"

"We would love to." Pili offered and the four of them went to go explore the surrounding area.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:08 pm
MangoMeow

The silver Male jumped when the chocolate female arrived before him, his smile, grew larger, if that were at all possible. "Anya, my sand nymph " He beamed, he had decided to lengthen the lionesses name instead of shortening it. He gave a nod "These guys are all so big, I feel, so tiny." He flickered his tail a bit, it didn't feel weird to admit this to Anya, he loved being around her, she was like an extra beautiful sunrise when ever she arrived.

He had almost told her this at least once, but it seemed at the moment the pressing question was all about the new arrivals. "You'll protect me right." He winks a cheeky grin forming on his muzzle. Pressing his shoulder against her he looked around "We should ask why they are all red-ish." He smiles up ever so slightly at Anya, his coral mane falling over his eyes. "Hopefully we can find someone friendly, they all look kind of intimidating." Again, admitting his fears to Anya felt natural, he doubted he would admit them to anyone else.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:31 am
Neither of the two cubs seemed terribly impressed by the lioness's answer, fortunately, it seemed that with a quick exchange of glances the pair had accepted that they would simply have to grill someone else later. Maybe there were teachers around, or just someone who could make sense of the oddball views these big lions had... but for now, the appeal of the stories of battle temporariyl outweighed their curiosity.

Then again, it looked like they were about to be outvoted anyway!

Siarnaq and Ijiraq both noted the pointed looks they had received from their siblings and it was with a small, melodramatic sigh, that they both took their seats and gazed up expectantly at Mat. For now the mighty lioness had the attention of the cubs, or so it would seem, until she had finished her tale and they either demanded another one or started asking even more questions.

Ah, but the lioness would be noted to have the patience of a saint when it came to any onlookers. If she could put up with Krisis's children, even though they were partially raised by Solomon, then she was worthy of great respect... They were more than just a paw full!

SilverLutz

Ctrl F Greenie

Pollack

Huo and Shui smirked as they caught sight of Afina, it seemed she had wrangled Heti in to a conversation and given her notoriety for having her own mate wrapped around her paw, they didn't imagine that Heti would be escaping any time soon. Fortunately, the blue lioness was one of the most pleasant they had met, even if she was very enthusiastic and sometimes overwhelming when others met her!

Fortunately, it seemed Shui had caught sight of another Firekin's sudden interest in the sea as well and he gave a wave of his paw to bring Plamen forward. Suffice it to say that they were all more than welcome and he was dreadfully curious as to what they might try to do with it anyway. A little part of him kind of hoped that they tried to drink it just so they could have the full experience that every cub here faced when they first greeted the shore.

"Looks like we've got ourselves a party," Huo winked at Snowflake and then gave a nod of his head. "All right, well we'll head on up this path and introduce these mighty Firekin to something that can douse those flames and soothe some of the burns," he grinned and began to pad down the thoroughly beaten trails. Honestly, they all probably could have found their way there without issue given how obvious some of the pathways were...

Kimaria

magnadearel

Syrius Lionwing

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:59 am
The questions posed had been right up her alley. Auriel hadn't been sure of where to begin, but her siblings certainly knew. Colors, battles, and more were what they sought after. She had simply fallen into an awed silence. But showered the lioness with a pathetic sigh at the reasonable, but sincerely boring answer about the prides colors - there wasn't much information there at all. She got as far as narrowing her eyes before the lioness switched gears and made a promise to tell of battles. "You fought to your ranks?" The cub couldn't mask her surprise. Being a more gentle creature she wasn't sure how to feel about this and even winced at the sight of the way the lioness clutched her paw.

Auriel had seen power. Her Mother, the ocean, the other pride members had all different forms of power. She wasn't sure what this lioness could offer that another could not. So her widened eyes narrowed once again and she gave a calculating stare - as best as a cub could. "Go on..?" She offered the lioness. Still she certainly appeared unsettled as her seated self twitched here and there, a toe or whisker moving ever so slightly.

SilverLutz

Kimaria

Epine de Rose

"Kidnapped? Is that an option?" She laughed off her comment, but quickly regretted it. "You aren't about to be kidnapped Cressida." The mother switched from sincere at an idea of kidnapping to sweet and concerned quickly. Moods were everything. The cubs seemed to have several of them and Krisis blamed herself for the dramatic ways of her children. They seemed to steal portions of her domain. The world was doomed.

Krisis gasped at Cressidas answer. One would think that she was gasping because of the laziness or basic lack of courtesy from her daughter, but from the grin that followed it was certainly not the case. "You mean.. one of you have been paying attention?" Her words were in a whisper. These teachings weren't favored by many, but she felt them to be true nonetheless. They were her children after all and they deserved the best. She wouldn't fault the others for having been curious enough to wander off or even as they grow to be doing various jobs. Heck even she was eventually taught that she'd need to contribute to get her fair share. The cubs would be fed the same ideals - especially with Solomon as the father.

"They'll be here soon I'm sure." She said, beaming with pride.

Pollack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:58 pm
"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Umbriel interrupted as he held up a paw. "You have to fight your other pride mates? But that's so mean! Why would you want to live with them if you're going to hurt each other?" To be fair he did have some amazing battles with some of his more rowdy siblings but those were all in good fun, and more often than not broken up by their dad shortly after they started.

Still it seemed strange to him the fact that someone would want to live amongst people they had to fight for rank over. He couldn't wrap his head around the idea that sometimes such displays of power were necessary in regions that were harsher, where resources needed to go to those who were the strongest, and thus had a better chance of survival.

...And with the sheltered life in the Bahari there wasn't a fair chance he would learn about those particular dangers anytime soon!

SilverLutz

Kimaria

"Ain't no party like a beach bum party." Yukio responded with a grin as she pressed forward, following after the group down to the beach. She was extremely excited to see how the Firekin would react to seeing the ocean for the first time. Whether or not they would be in wonder of it's majesty or perhaps scared of how vast it is?

Both reactions she really couldn't blame them for. They were all emotions at one point in time all outsiders seemed to have regarding the ocean if they spent enough time with it!

Snowflake's excitement had dwindled. Concerned marred her face as she eyed Huo suspiciously, his previous back-hand comments setting off red flags in the cub. Growing up she had watched her own mother's rough dealings with the ocean and why she personally had a great love for it she did have the opportunity to see the situation from both sides of the coin.

What mainly concerned her though was the burn comment. If these Firekin had burns on them (maybe that's why they all were named after Fire?) why wasn't anyone warning them about the pain that would surely come if they took their first dips? It seemed cruel to her not to give them all the tools they needed to make a informed decision.

Actually...it reminded her of something her mother had jokingly called Peregrine after a rough therapy session. After some awkward questioning about the meaning behind the insult Organa had relented and finally explained in full that it was a term used for someone who enjoyed seeing others in pain.

Could that be what Huo was....? Hm, well there was only one way to find out!

"Huo?" She softly called out. Nervously drumming her toes against Yukio's head she continued on before getting a formal response from him. "Are you a um...sandish?"

Epine de Rose

Organa couldn't help but let out a bark of laughter at the bluntness of Cressida's reply. Oh good gods above, she certainly was going to be a littel hand-full once she was older, wasn't she? Course with her mother and her infamous repuation around the Bahari it wasn't all that surprising that at least one of her offspring would continue on the family legacy of causing massive headaches for the more down-to-earth pride members.

She could already imagine the thousands of different ways this little cub was going to stir up the status quo in the golden beaches. Shame she wouldn't be around long enough to enjoy watching it all.

"Ah-ha, the coconut truly doesn't fall from the tree, does it?" Gan teased with a impish grin.

Cressida on the other hand was more confused about the sudden influx glee practically beaming from her mother. Tilting her head to one side she blinked slowly up at her. "Of course, mama? Don't the others listen as well?" Well, at least they seemed to listen once they actually stopped long enough to focus on anything besides running off their boundless energy.

With a soft pout Cressida lowered her head back against her mother's side, her eyes half-lidded staring out amongst the crowd. "I hope they come soon Mama or I'm gonna fall asleep and miss them." She mumbled dejectedly.

Ctrl F Greenie

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:47 pm
It seemed most of the cubs were more interested in stories of battles - which was fine with her - and she gave a low chuckle to a few of the questions that were tossed out. Some of the cubs didn't seem too interested still, but Mat wouldn't worry herself trying to hold the attention of the entire cluster around her. Some was better than none, after all.

"Not a queen, little sea lion, but a general," she said, lifting her head with pride. "We Firekin take battles and fighting very seriously, so to be the general is quite an honor. It's one of the highest ranks, and yes, I did beat quite a few boys and girls to claim it." A few more questions were tossed her way as well as some rather incredulous looks but she rolled with the punches as she had during the sparring sessions that had led to her promotion.

"We are raised from a very young age to battle," she said, lowering her head once more to get on the same level as the cubs. "A bit older than you are now, perhaps, when manes start coming in and cub teeth start to fall out. Everyone in our pride can battle, but the best are needed in the higher positions to ensure success against foes and prey alike." She paused here to let that sink in, fixing her golden stare on each cub in turn.

"We fight with one another to strengthen our skills, to settle disputes, to burn off energy...surely you tumble with each other," Mat added with a playful grin. "And the battles we had to determine our promotions were done in such a way that no lasting damage would remain. A scar here and there, perhaps, but nothing more. In total I had to defeat five fellow Firekin, each more fearsome than the last for it was a single elimination tournament we were participating in. They were all skilled, but it was the last battle that was the hardest."

She crouched just a bit, letting her claws dig into the dirt beneath her paws, shoulders shifting as if she was preparing to pounce. "My opponent had won all of his battles as well and it was just the two of us, squaring off to see who would win the title of general. He was strong and quick, and his blows even without claws were enough to leave bruises. I saw stars when he landed his first blow right here-" She paused, lifting her paw (with her claws retracted) to lightly tap Kerberos' jaw. "-and I knew he'd be hard to bring down. But after a few swipes and snarls, I threw all of my weight into one final attack, landing both paws against him to send him to the ground. He yielded, knowing he had been beat."

Kerberos, eyes widen and jaw open, lifted his paw to rub where Mat had touched him. He couldn't imagine getting a huge paw like hers to his face at full speed! It would surely send him flying as he was now, and even as an adult he couldn't picture it being too pleasant. The lions here were all rippling with muscle and little fat under their fur, and it was easy to tell - even for a cub - that they were all fighting machines.

"So you're the best fighter in the whoooooole pride?" he asked, almost starstruck.

Epine de Rose

Pollack

Kimaria

Ctrl F Greenie

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:43 pm
Anya let out a soft chortle, butting his shoulder with her head. "Why, of course I will." She gave him a wide, sincere grin, "I'd never let anything happen to you." Frankly, she thought he was a lot more special and interesting than all of these other lions. Not that she wasn't still itching to meet them, but Burny would come first.

Turning back to the crowd, the lioness gazed back and forth, trying to pick someone friendly. She would have been happy running up to anyone and everyone, but she didn't want to make Burny any more uncomfortable. "Hmm, I would like to know why as well." Her ears pricked up, "Maybe the area they live in changes their fur all red?" Her tail flicked excitedly behind her, "They must get themselves mixed up with each other sometimes."

Finally, her gaze settled on a bright red lioness, staring in fascination out at the ocean. It wasn't too surprising - Anya, herself, had also been in awe when she'd first arrived here, and a lot of the mingling happening around them was even gravitating further onto the beach. The lioness looked friendly enough, certainly not hostile, and so Anya gave an animated wiggle before trotting closer. "Come on, Burny!"

Syrius Lionwing
She's walking up to Kiah'kripi, btw. I have a feeling that they're going to get along like two peas in a pod.

MangoMeow

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:13 am
In the words of their father; the firekin were 'over compensating' - if fighting was the only thing they had to their name then they were the epitome of boring. Such was the judgement of the little cub and it wasn't long before Ijiraq was up on her paws and wandering away from the lioness. If Mat's only ability was to 'fight', then she lacked the capacity to do anything else... In fact, if that was the only thing they knew how to do in order to secure positions in their pride then the most they could say was 'that there lion fights real good'.

What about intelligence, what about the arts, what about diplomacy?

They all required different traits and skill sets, very few of which coincided with battle... Sure there was some intelligence in outsmarting your enemies, but you couldn't beat something that could trap you and kill you without ever crossing paws! These lions were silly - boring and silly, a bit like some of the other cubs who liked to pretend they were big and strong.

...The ocean corrected that arrogance easily!

Unsurprisingly, Siarnaq watched as his sibling departed for a few moments before casting an apologetic smile to Mat. It wasn't that Ijiraq aimed to be rude, it was simply that she saw no value in being polite when the only way to resolve issues seemed to be to 'fight'. That being said, if all these stories were going to be about beating up her own kin, he didn't really have much interest of his own either... Arguably, the Vikings would prove to be more exciting as they had been everywhere and achieved many things.

"I'll go follow her and make sure she doesn't do anything silly," he said quietly, so as not to interrupt Mat as such continued with her tales. It was then that he padded off delicately, scarcely making a sound in the process. Fortunately out of the corner of his eye he had caught sight of his father, so while Solomon had made no attempts to close the gap between himself and the Firekin, he was at least aware of them.

...Their dad would make sure Ijiraq didn't do anything dumb, right?

SilverLutz

Ctrl F Greenie

Pollack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:33 pm
"I do not recognise the name of your grandmother, but I am sure someone would. It sounds like you must have family spread far and wide. Exciting, really, to think of it." If only Heti knew some of his own heritage - through his own grandmother. Perhaps he'd feel more connected to the world, too. "I'm ashamed to admit I don'tknow too much about my family tree. My grandmother was once a rogue but I never really thought to ask her much about it and my father certainly wouldn't."

Heti thought on Khepri a moment, feeling sad that the elder female was no longer with them. "It is a shame she was not here for our visit to your homeland. I bet she never would have thought such a thing would happen. I wonder what she would have said?"

"Do you have lots of family here?"

Syrius Lionwing

Kimeti gave a crooked sort of smile and set off after the young brothers, glad tht he was not the only Firekin to take an interest in the sea. He was not so keen on making a fool of himself alone but with more of his kin...well, that wasn't as bad. Besides, could the sea truly be as fierce as a desert?

Surely not!!

And, as the small procession started to make their way down the meandering path to the sea, more and more interested was gained. A female firekin, Neci, who had been eavesdropping in on conversation had spotted Kimeti and Heti moving off and had decided to fall in behind them.

Epine de Rose
happy to have them walk 'off scene' and do a meet-and-greet with the ocean in a seperate RP just so we can get this rounded up?

"That...that's amazing!" Pamuya piped up, eyes so wide they looked ready to roll straight out of her head. "The bestest and strongest fighter in the pride and we found her to talk to?!" Fighting at this young age sounded a glorious thing, though the small female would never truly cut it as a warrior herself. It seemed, at this moment in time, however, that she might have found a new idol in this huge female.

"You should teach us how to fight!"

SilverLutz

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:03 am
“MangoMeow”
Sorry fro the delay I missed the quote >.

Burny looked up at the lioness and smiled broadly. She was so beautiful when she smiled. He pondered if he should tell her this when she approached a massive red lioness that left him feeling decidedly dwarfed. He swallowed hard, he should at least try and be a bit braver, he was putting up a poor show in front of the lady he liked.

The silver male stepped forward, placing himself, just a little in front of Anya “Hi.” He managed, looking at the lioness, she was huge, but also seemed fascinated. He let a chuckle roll over his lips, he realised suddenly what she was looking at, what she was seeing, she’d never seen the sea. He was fairly sure everyone had that look the first time they saw it. “It’s beautiful isn’t it.” He felt suddenly relaxed though he remained a little in front of Anya.

Kiahi’Kripi sat in silence looking out at the endless water. She was so out of it that she didn’t even notice the two lions approaching and it took her a good long, breathtaking moment to realise someone had spoken to her.

She blinked owlishly at the tiny silver male and deep brown female. As fascinated as she was by the sea, she found herself entirely amused by the differences in these two lions. The male was tiny, though clearly an adult and his striking silver coat with his peach mane, well, he was barely larger than a firekin cub.. well maybe not that small,a nd the female, lean and slender and brown. Brown! She let a grin roll over her lips and she finally found her voice. “Oh yes, it is amazing. I mean, the sand is lovely, so different from our lands but, but look at all of that water. It goes on for ever!” She breathes excitedly, her muscles bunched in a tight coil. She was just blown away. This land was so weird and wonderful!

—————

“Kimaria”

“I think she would have thought it impossible. She always said how stubborn the lions of her old pride were.” The deep blue lioness gave a chuckle and a nod “Yes, my family is one of the eldest in the Bahari, really it is difficult to throw a shell here and not hit someone that I am not related too.” She shakes her head “The prides borders have always been open though so there are always new faces.”

The lioness tilted her head at Heti “It must be nice to know that some where, out there, there are lions related to you in some way. I have many children myself and a few grand children, but most of them have stayed here, turns out we are all home bodies.” She chuckles “It must be fascinating for all of you to see new places. Though I don’t think you will find a more beautiful place than here.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:41 am
Anya skipped forward as Burny started talking, jewelry shimmering in the sunlight as she did so and unconsciously leaning against him as they came to a stop. She let out a purr in greeting, perking up when the other lioness spoke about the beach and ocean. "It's lovely, isn't it? We love it here!" She shifted a bit in the sand, enjoying the feel of it between her claws.

Finally the brown lioness couldn't contain herself, tail flicking excitedly behind her. "So your pride is from the desert? I was born in the desert too!" She paused to glance around them and then chuckled, "Though I don't think it was the same desert as yours. None of my old pride was nearly as bright and red as all of you." Shifting closer, she sniffed at the female, wondering if she could catch the scent of desert on her. It was... different, that was for sure. Familiar but different.

"I'm Anya," she nosed at the silver male's side, "and this is Burny. Why are all of you so red?" she asked bluntly.

Syrius Lionwing

MangoMeow

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:14 am
Huo peered at Snowflake for a few moments in confusion; truth be told he wasn't entirely sure what she meant by that. He didn't really speak cub anymore, he was sure when he was younger he absolutely would have understood, but now...? Unsurprisingly he glanced towards Yukio for some sort of assistance in regards to what the cub on her back might have meant. If Yukio could translate for him, then he would at least give the cub a reply; either that or he was just going to have to be much more direct. That being said, when had he ever not been direct?

"I'm not really sure what sandish means," He confessed and shook his head. "Is this new speak that I didn't pick up before I left?" he asked curiously as he regarded both of the girls. One of them would answer, of that he had no doubt, but he wasn't entirely sure which would be first.

Shui, now satisfied that he probably wasn't going to get any further guests, proceeded down the beaten trail without further discussion. He would of course chatter as and when topics came up, but for the time being he would give the Firekin the opportunity to admire the view. Between the jungles surrounding their coves, to the more 'colourful' granite rocks. There was certainly a lot more vibrancy to be had in this region, and the breeze was certainly nicer. That said, the Firekin had come during a pleasant season and if they truly grasped how tremultuous this region could be when the sea was angry...perhaps they might have developed a sense of appreciation for it.

Peaceful as the pride was, it took great strength to recover from the fury of the sea when it decided to crush everything underneath its weight.

That said, he wouldn't put off the stragglers as they joined. The more that saw what the Bahari had, the more they could broaden their horizons and wasn't that the point of this entire visit? At least that was what Shui had assumed was the point of it based on what Heti had said before...

Kimaria
Sounds like a plan!

Pollack

It wasn't long before the pair of cubs had placed considerable difference between them and their siblings. The rest could listen to tales of the over compensating, those who clearly knew only battle...and those who happily tossed their own kind to the side if they were unfortunate enough to not fit in. For all their mother's self serving ways, she had brought them in to a society that was much more inclusive...if anything, the greatest taboo was failing to get married if you desired children. One did not share multiple partners, that much they knew, but even then they weren't completely excluded.

...Ijiraq still didn't really understand why, but she was much to young to do so anyway.

"And what do we have here?" The voice interrupted both of the cubs as they came to a sudden halt and gazed up towards the source. Sure enough, while he hadn't joined them in any official capacity, he had at least been on the outskirts. Thus, while their mother had elected to be a social butterfly, it seemed their father had kept to himself and only stepped in when he deemed it necessary. In short, he was only intervening because two of his children were now at risk of going completely awol which would serve as no benefit to anyone.

"We got bored," Ijiraq confessed.

"All they do is fight," Siarnaq added with a small grimace. "Like...for everything."

"What happens if you're not strong like them, or you're smarter?" Ijiraq pointed out.

"I'm sure they have their methods," Solomon replied diplomatically as he gave a nod of his head to follow. "Though I sincerely doubt they place much importance on anything truly peaceful, they are very much a species that feed off their own egos," he murmured. It was a remark that puzzled both cubs, if only because they didn't entirely understand the sentiment at the moment.

"What's that mean?" Siarnaq asked.

"You'll understand when you're older," Solomon responded with a smile. "Now let's find something more interesting for you to do until your siblings are ready to come home," he finished as he began to walk away once more, both cubs padding obediently behind him; or at least they'd be obedient for now... it was only a matter of time before they changed their minds and became just as demanding as their mother could be.

Siarnaq: 5 | Ijiraq: 5 | Huo: 5 | Shui: 5

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces