Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Slytherin Quidditch Practice: Teams Posted! (Oct - Dec 2023) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:13 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - ravenclaw

hermes
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phi walked behind Ronyo as they entered the Quidditch pitch, currently in use by her company's House. She saw Drake flying around on his broomstick. From what she had seen during their shared Flying class as he broke the professor's rules, he had flown before. Her mind turned form him and watched the upper schoolmates that belonged to Slytherin. A few she recognized from passing in halls to classes and even during the night of the sorting when she had watched Ronyo seat himself at the House table.

She shook her head, answering Ronyo's inquiry and chuckled, "Are you hoping to try out?" He seemed interested enough in flying from what she had observed in class, and his broomstick had even jumped to him on his first attempt at the rising command. Given what she knew about the boy, he was quite athletic and fit, clear thinking and most likely with good reflexes seeing as he had spent time in raw nature. Phi felt if he did get on, the team would do well with him.

{sorry, i hope Phi is allowed to watch the practice, even if she is a different House. hope it is alright!}

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:56 am
User Image

==== ==== мira ========

Do I care ⇢

⇠ What I wear

User Image

Mira saw two more students enter the field. "One sec guys, I'm gonna check them in." looking up she saw the bludger heading for Cass, drake being the closest in between them. "Might want to get that before we lose a prefect by the way!" she yelled as she made her way to the students. She landed and go of her broom. "Hey firsty, bringing the competition here eh? Doesn't matter to me. Just fill this out and jump on a broom if you need. I have a few borrowed from flying class for first years without a broom, so pick it up if you need it. If your up to it we do need a keeper so you can go where I was and just try and keep Cass from getting the ball through the goal. Easy right? If you'd rather you can join Cass, I've got an extra quaffle and I will guard from you both. Pick a spot and get up there." Mira explained, and let the boy decide. Since she was on the ground again, she opened her robes for Slange to go sunbath. He didn't like to fly with Mira when she was practicing.

User Image

User Image
Translations{...}

OOC{it's fine. You should have Phi try out for ravenclaw, we really need those as well. (also all try out are the same week in rl but in the guild its all seperate days. just fyi}

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:58 am
Quidditch Pitch/ Slytherin Tryouts
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
First Year

Ronyo looked at Phi as she asked him about his intentions towards joining the team. He chuckled a bit as he thought about the idea of being on the house team. He would be representing Slytherin in a larger field of the public eye. It would be a great way to help show a much more respectable side of the infamous house. He gave a shrug of his shoulders as he turned to answer her.

“Not sure, I admit I enjoy flying, and the class is one of my favorites so far. Not sure how I would do in a competitive encounter while flying though.”

Almost as if on schedule one of the students in the air soared down and presented Ronyo with a piece of parchment for the tryouts. It seems simply walking on to the field here was looked at as a possible new recruit for the team. With a chuckle and a shake of his head Ronyo almost thought about handing the application back and decline the idea, but trying out did not mean he was already on the team. The tryouts would give him a good indication if this was something he was capable of doing. With a smile Ronyo filled out the parchment.

Name: Ronyo Storm
Year: 1st
Position Wanted: Not sure, whatever fits me best

Ronyo hoped the last answer would not be a spot of contention to the team. Looking at Phi with a grin and a nod he gave a shrug of his shoulders once again and another chuckle.

“I guess I’m trying out after all, hope you don’t mind. If you decide to give your house’s team a try I’ll be sure to be there to cheer you on,” Ronyo walked over to the tryout chest and brooms and looked at everything and then up at the students in play, “I wonder what position I would do well in?”

Keeper was important, for it kept the team from scoring. A good defense could make even an average offensive capable of great things. However the idea of a new recruit being the key to the team’s primary defensive strategy did not seem overly wise. Chaser was the heart of the team; they had to work with formations and strategy in order to outmaneuver and out play the other team. That sounded more like him, but it couldn’t hurt to give both spots a try. Looking at the collection of tryout brooms Ronyo looked them over and noticed a considerable difference in these from the flying classes’ brooms. Even though they were meant to be borrowed they were still in better condition and seemed smoother and well taken cared for. Ronyo picked one that seemed right for him and he mounted it and went through the lessons from his Flying Class.

With a quick exhale Ronyo kicked off the ground and hovered up towards the ground for a moment. After getting his self adjusted on the broom Ronyo leaned down to put himself almost parallel with the magical wooden shaft and pushed the broom off with all his will. The boy shot up and towards the students and a bit past them until Ronyo banked hard left almost looking like he was skidding in the air with the broom causing him to do a quick about-face and streak back in towards his team members.

Coming towards the other boy who the captain had called Cass, who he recalled a bit from sorting ceremony, he could see the bludger streaking in and with a thought Ronyo grinned and hoped the idea would work. He did a quick loop to gain some air and then drove down towards the miscreant projectile which seemed determined to slam into the upper class Slyhterin boy. As he closed the gap between himself and the bludger Ronyo leaned hard to the left pulling the broom and at the moment of contact snapped his broom around to hit the bludger with the backend and knock it towards Drake who could likely take it from there.

The collision of broom and Bludger did not come without a price as Ronyo felt the vibration of the hit through his body and he wobbled a bit and almost fell from his aerial steed. He held on by the curve of his right leg and hardened grip from his right hand. The boy straightened himself up on his broom and grinned at Cass.

“Maybe that wasn’t the best idea; I’ll leave the hitting to the beaters.”  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:42 pm
User Image
User Image

A Sly Snake

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Cass could hear the Bludger coming for him, all he could do was hold onto the Quaffle and hope that Drake would take care of it, since he was closest. He sat on his broom, ready to move should Drake fail to hit it away from him. 'Thanks for calming my nerves,' he thought as Mira talked about possibly losing him.

The boy watched as Ronyo came up after speaking with the captain. He flew close to Cass and attempted to hit the Bludger away. After laughing, he got a bit closer to Ronyo to see if he was alright. "You might want to. That's why they've got the bats, but not a bad idea if you're desperate to get a Bludger away from you," he said, still waiting for the goal to be filled so that he could attempt to score.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

User Image  

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Odin Moon rolled 10 10-sided dice: 6, 6, 9, 3, 5, 9, 8, 6, 3, 10 Total: 65 (10-100)

Odin Moon

Liberal Nerd

8,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:56 pm
User Image User Image
User Image

Drake flew toward the blugder with speed such a speed it was almost shocking.He smile and stuck out his bat. I can do this. I can do this. He thought preparing himself with a solid nod.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

((OCC::Hay I was sleeping, I play on second and third shift most of the time))  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:03 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - ravenclaw

hermes
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phi watched him intently as she could see the pros and cons waging inside him about whether or not he should fill the parchment in his hand. But then Ronyo finally began writing, Phi beamed, glad he was trying for it. it could be fun.
"Not at all, I will sit over there." She pointed to the lower seats of the Quidditch pitch. They were empty but were ideal for watching the practice as they were for watching House games. She squeezed his arm in a gesture of 'good luck' as he mounted his broomstick and then ran off towards the bleachers.

Ronyo kicked off quite nicely, and as he worked on his flying Phi's dark eyes watched the other team members and Slytherins trying out as they zipped around in the air as if weightless. Phi wondered what playing the sport would be like. Colton had got her thinking about it ever since he asked if she had interest in trying for a position for Ravenclaw. But now, watching her other friend physically up there and trying, she felt a bit more curious to see what it was like.
The Bludger made contact with the suspended Ronyo and Phi winced, then looked to make sure he was fine. He had gotten the thing off course at least. She tried to catch his eye so she could give him a joking shake of disapproval for his actions.

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

Pale Mist

Odin Moon rolled 10 10-sided dice: 6, 4, 10, 3, 10, 2, 9, 1, 8, 1 Total: 54 (10-100)

Odin Moon

Liberal Nerd

8,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:12 pm
User Image User Image
User Image

Drake took a swing at it and missed by a milosecond, the bludger grazed his ear, and he frowned "I won't take that you blasted ball." he said shooting after it. Bat at the ready. He flew after it.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:27 pm
Quidditch Pitch/ Slytherin Tryouts
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
First Year

Ronyo caught Phi shaking her head at him for his somewhat brash move but he just smiled and shrugged as he turned to his fellow house-mate on the broom. By the way he held himself on his broom and casually carried the quaffle Ronyo could speculate the boy was comfortable with the sport. He nodded to the upperclassmen with his appreciation for the advice.

"I'll keep that in mind, the impact surprised me a bit, bet it could break a broom if it hit right," The thought had not crossed Ronyo's mind when he made the move he just thought about defending his teammate, "I thought I'd give Chaser a go first see how I handle it. Any formations or tactics to keep in mind? Seeing as your the senior here I'll follow your lead."  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:47 pm
User Image
User Image

A Sly Snake

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Cass decided that it would be best to act like he knew what he was doing, and not tell Ronyo that it was really his first year trying out for the team. He could only give advice based on observation, and little else. "Well, keep one eye on this, and the other out for Bludgers is a good place to start," he said as he held up the Quaffle. " If your teammate's got the ball, you wanna get open in case they have to pass it to you, and there's only one Chaser in the scoring area at a time."

Cass looked toward the area he had just told the First Year about. He was so close, and Mira still wasn't back up. "Glad to hear you'll follow, cause that's what you should do once Mira gets herself back up here," he smiled at Ronyo before looking down to the ground where Mira was standing. "Hey Mira! Are you gonna get back up here!" Cass shouted.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:46 pm
User Image

==== ==== мira ========

Do I care ⇢

⇠ What I wear

User Image

To get perspective Mira waited and watched to see how the 1st year's were handling it. Thus far not bad for their first time. They started to get going pretty well, and Cass called out to her to come back up. "Hey I was just getting a good judge of you all!" She said hoping on to the broom and rising up. Getting in place in front of the goal, she watched and waited for one of them to go for a score.

User Image

User Image
Translations{...}

OOC{..}

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:10 pm
Quiddicth Pitch/ Slytherin try outs User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
First Year

Seeing Mira return to the position of keep Ronyo looked at Cass and gave him a nod. With no one trying to take the ball from them they just had to avoid the bludgers and make sure only one of them was in the scoring area at the final point. The bludgers wouldn't be overly difficult and with two beaters watching them it would help things out.

"I have a feeling the lady will make us work for every point, so let's start off strong," Ronyo looked at the goals and then at the two of them and then the quaffle, "I would think if the two of us flew while maneuvering around each other, passing the ball a few times to make it hard to keep track of its location with us moving as well. The last one to get close to the goal fake a throw and instead toss it up high for the other one to come in and knock it in. We will need to make sure whoever does the toss speeds their way out of the scoring zone so it's legit when the second makes the shot," Ronyo had gotten a bit zoned out while he spoke and so he cleared his throat a bit and looked to the other chaser with a smile and a sigh, "that is if that all sounds good to you. Sorry I get a bit carried away with strategy sometimes."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:20 pm
User Image
User Image

A Sly Snake

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Cass laughed as Mira said that she was judging them all. Perhaps it was only fair for him, since the girl had been after him since they had both been eligible for the team. Realizing that Ronyo had been strageizing, he thought about what the underclassman had to say. "Hmmm, I'm not sure. You've not known Mira as long as I have,"he laughed. The boy was certain that Mira could have thought of something like that. "Yet I'll give it a chance."

The prefect held the quaffle in his hand as he thought about what he was about to do. "Let's go then!" he shouted as he zoomed off down the field toward Mira.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

User Image  

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:42 pm
Quiddicth Pitch/ Slytherin try outs User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
First Year

Ronyo was off behind his fellow team member and made an effort to get a head of him at times then drift off to one side and allow the upper classmen to pass him by again. At times he would make a gradual circle around his teammate while gaining and losing speed at the same time. If Cass did the same and the two continued to pass the ball back and forth it was likely the Keeper would have to concentrate on the quaffle's placement to keep it in sight. That would mean the attention of the Keeper would not be as much on them, or if it was the other way around the quaffle would be the one to go undetected. Either way there were two of them moving and passing while the keeper had one pair of eyes, this would also be a good test to see how well their opponent, in the case Mira, reacted to odd visual stimuli.

Ronyo allowed himself to be open should Cass decide to pass and be always aware of his team members position. It would be almost like the classic shell game idea, the one watching would have o choose at some point which person would end up having the ball and which was just part of the distraction. Now they just had to rely on their teammates to keep the bludgers off them and hope their plan would at least give the Keeper something to think about.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:38 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - ravenclaw

hermes
– Desiderius Erasmus
– Aesop
– Socrates
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phi watched intently at the interaction between the much older, upper school mate and her friend Ronyo. Her friend was doing well on his broom, at which Phi was very pleased. They even began to form strategies. Though Phi could not hear them, the longer she watched the two up in the air (soon with the addition of the Captain herself) the more she felt inclined and determined to try it all herself. Before her head caught up with the sudden decision, she found herself already standing straight in the stands.
Phi cupped her hands around her mouth and called out to her airborne friend, "I am going over to try out for Ravenclaw! Meet you there!" And with that she ran off the stands, jumping at the last step and made her way with a quick sprint to where she could see her older Housemates practicing.

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

Pale Mist

Dark Prince of Thorns

6,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:55 pm
User Image

Seeing Mira and the other Slytherins already circling in the air above, Blaire approached a small table near the edge of the field, his long locks bound behind his left ear. True, he wasn't the least bit athletically-inclined, but he enjoyed the strategy in the sport, and he liked to dabble in whatever he could. Quidditch players were often privy to exclusive social events, and there were no doubt other perks to being on the team. Since the others were busy, he reasoned for himself proper procedure and set to work filling-out the form resting on the table's surface in his elegant script.

Quote:
Name: Blaire Frost.
Year: First.
Wanted Position: Any position but keeper.

After he'd finished, he moved to a barrel of unused brooms to make his selection. He'd grasped the basics in class, but his flying could certainly use some work, and what better practice would the blonde get? The objects available to him were much better-tended than those used for lessons, but he would rather have kept the latter than risk another non-compliant one. Once he selected a suitable one, he mounted the vessel, and raised from the grass, a little jerky, but overall in good form.

He soared toward the goal-posts, stopping several feet shy, and yelled to the upper-classman tending the rings, "Blaire Frost - first year. Where would you like me?" His musical voice somewhat strained as he attempted to gain Mira's attention. Blaire found the prefect slightly intimidating - brash and outspoken like his sister, Adrienne. "Anywhere but keeper," he relayed the contents of the parchment still on the table. The dainty boy was more likely to dive away from the Quaffle than he was to move in-front of it.

User Image

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces