Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xa44s RPs

Back to Guilds

I do RPs 

Tags: Adventure, Fantasy 

Reply Xa44s RPs
Episode 3 planing stuff Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:26 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Then what on earth does "Silence" do? Spells that can hinder your enemy's ability to cast spells are kinda a given for debuffs, wouldn't you say?

Ok silence isn't going to be a thing, you have been doing this a lot so please can I ask that you don't make up random status ailments, there is a reason I don't have a page for that yet because I need to balance them out before they are properly added

Sorry, this spell keeps translating as "silence" in my mind:
Xa44
( cool Seal Spell- target within range temporarily can't cast a spell they know

If it only affects one spell that the target knows, then please say so so that my brain doesn't skip over that detail so lightly. (While you're at it, specify who or what determines what spell is forgotten).
Also might be a good idea to keep the spell names simple and basic. (Like calling this spell "forget" to prevent confusion over definitions if you are trying to skim over a long list of spells. [because "to seal" something usually means to keep it shut.])
Like I said, my bad. I did say that anything that can be misinterpreted will be misinterpreted, and "can't cast a spell they know", can mean something different if the player interprets this to say "if they can't cast a spell they know, then what can they cast?" (because each spell they have is "a spells they know".) Before you say "only an idiot would think that", just know that rules must be clear for exactly this reason because it happens all the time.

I should also mention that "Silence" is in almost every magic-based RPG that I've ever played, so you may want to consider including it in your RP.

I suggest you come up with a list of status ailments before you finish your spell list, but it's really hard to imagine how a world of magic functions when you don't fully know the extent of what magic is used and how.

Xa44
( cool If useing a concentration spell is the objectively best thing you could do while you can't move it limits interactions

You can still talk and move while maintaining concentration if there is nothing blocking the way. It's not meant to be a level of concentration that cripples you. In it's most basic form, you just can't cast other spells as long as you are casting the current spell. It's a balancing mechanic for gameplay. (Kinda like how so many games prevent you from running at full speed indefinitely.) Do me a favor and do some research into the way other successful TTRPGs function. Might give you some insight as to why they are so successful.

Xa44
Yeah you just charge it up

1 HP to 3 characters is 3 HP, 1 HP over every turn can be 99HP, VP can heal up to 5 and is a debuff

Are you are saying that you can gain HP beyond your max HP? Isn't that a little... game breaking?

Xa44
Actually this system is based on YGO to some extent(like with PSCT), and also not all spells can be used as a reaction(I do need to make that distinction clearer)

Yes please. Just remember that your players are unlikely to treat their abilities like a deck of cards. They'll expect you to let them come up with creative ways to use their powers and actions, so be prepared to improvise or your players will get fed up with the rules.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:57 pm
Haru Yates

I'd suggest making the damage happen less often (maybe 10-15%?) and make it do less damage so that it's less traumatizing for you players who are already injured. If you plan to use it as more of an attack spell, then do the opposite so that it doesn't discourage your players if it heals.
Better yet, set it 50-50 and increase the amount healed and make it a legendary. (why not make up to 5/100 spells be legendary?)
You can do 25% for attack, but that's still a 1 in 4 chance. At least reduce the damage if you take this route to avoid devastating your players. (As I've said, nobody wants to see their character die after investing so much time into them.) If you plan to let us get ourselves get killed a lot, then at least give us a spell that revives your player's characters. Although Flutflut pointed out to me that it's possible that nobody in the party will choose any healing spells. She said you should plan for this just in case it happens.

A spell failing could be something as simple as trying to cast a spell that makes you fly on a creature that is already flying, but adding a potential risk factor to some spells can be fun. Because when the spell doesn't fail, it's really rewarding because you beat the odds and did something really cool! But when the spell fails, it can put the caster in some unexpected situations. I would assume that if you roll a d20 to cast a spell, but you roll a 3, then the spell either failed, or it missed the target, while rolling a 1 would cause it to backfire, or just to fail to even go off in the first place. (One of my favourite DMs is Matt Mercer. On a failed roll, he'll describe what happens in a way that does not make the character look inadequate, which is great because it doesn't make the player feel like they fail at life. A miss might be interpreted as the target having leaned out of the way, or as the arrow pinging off the armor. Attacks that miss can still end up affecting the battlefield. My point: I respect a GM/DM that can adapt and improvise for the sake of telling a good story. What happens is not necessarily written on any card or spell block, but it's what makes sense and the DM makes the call as they go.)

Xa44
Ok so here is how HP works

You have a starting save of 15 witch is your AC and HP
Depending on what attack is used on you, you will lose a different amount of points to your save, this means the weaker you are the more you can be hit

Makes sense I suppose. Is there a formula for calculating damage here? What are you using to determine the base damage?

Xa44
Armour
Light armour adds to the AC part of your save
Heavy armour makes it so attacks have disadvantage on you

So you are using some sort of advantage/disadvantage system!
Will you be awarding advantage/disadvantage based on situations as well? *hopeful*

Xa44
So 5 HP is 1/3 of your HP, but VP doesn't always heal so it will probably only heal 2-3 on average witch is pretty strong(but this is actually a really good finisher because you will hit much more)

Ok, that makes it seem a little better. (Thank you for the perspective.)
So we each only have about 15 HP... Does this increase at each level? ("+1 hit die per level" maybe?)

Xa44
As for how spells look, I leave that up to you, the way mages cast their spells are all unique, think of the way you cast like handwriting, also this way you can say " I cast fireball out of my mouth"

So does that mean that I can pull a target into my shadow to use VP? because that's what I like to imagine. (Doing that might prevent others from attacking him as well though, which can be good for strategy as it can give the other players a chance to heal themselves in a dire situation, but is likely not a way that you intended the spell to be used [which makes my not being able to freely move/cast while a target is captured a bit more of a gameplay-balancing feature])
Please, please, please? (If not, is there a spell that will allow me to trap a target in my shadow even if it doesn't actually do any damage?)

The way death currently works is I roll a d6 if it's a 6 it does DMG if not it heals(that is a 15% chance)

Kate gets 2 healing spells so it isn't a problem here, but healing isn't going to be something I would say you will need(kate mainly gets buff spells)

Yeah I know how yo DM, actually something really interesting in a encounter from Urealms where a person rolled a 1 and broke down into tears because the monster they where fighting was what her husband became and to become that monster the husband needed to kill their son

Attacks say what DMG they do and that determines the mod to the roll and how much it does on hit, so VP is(I think) a -1 to hit and does 1 DMG

I will roll with advantage sometimes if it's like, you stab him as he is asleep, or some dramatic moments, but it isn't common

Like I said before you don't really LV up, you can buy armour and that works the same way

If you ever wanna downcast a spell that's fine  

Xa44
Captain

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:33 pm
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates

Then what on earth does "Silence" do? Spells that can hinder your enemy's ability to cast spells are kinda a given for debuffs, wouldn't you say?

Ok silence isn't going to be a thing, you have been doing this a lot so please can I ask that you don't make up random status ailments, there is a reason I don't have a page for that yet because I need to balance them out before they are properly added

Sorry, this spell keeps translating as "silence" in my mind:
Xa44
( cool Seal Spell- target within range temporarily can't cast a spell they know

If it only affects one spell that the target knows, then please say so so that my brain doesn't skip over that detail so lightly. (While you're at it, specify who or what determines what spell is forgotten).
Also might be a good idea to keep the spell names simple and basic. (Like calling this spell "forget" to prevent confusion over definitions if you are trying to skim over a long list of spells. [because "to seal" something usually means to keep it shut.])
Like I said, my bad. I did say that anything that can be misinterpreted will be misinterpreted, and "can't cast a spell they know", can mean something different if the player interprets this to say "if they can't cast a spell they know, then what can they cast?" (because each spell they have is "a spells they know".) Before you say "only an idiot would think that", just know that rules must be clear for exactly this reason because it happens all the time.

I should also mention that "Silence" is in almost every magic-based RPG that I've ever played, so you may want to consider including it in your RP.

I suggest you come up with a list of status ailments before you finish your spell list, but it's really hard to imagine how a world of magic functions when you don't fully know the extent of what magic is used and how.

Xa44
( cool If useing a concentration spell is the objectively best thing you could do while you can't move it limits interactions

You can still talk and move while maintaining concentration if there is nothing blocking the way. It's not meant to be a level of concentration that cripples you. In it's most basic form, you just can't cast other spells as long as you are casting the current spell. It's a balancing mechanic for gameplay. (Kinda like how so many games prevent you from running at full speed indefinitely.) Do me a favor and do some research into the way other successful TTRPGs function. Might give you some insight as to why they are so successful.

Xa44

1 HP to 3 characters is 3 HP, 1 HP over every turn can be 99HP, VP can heal up to 5 and is a debuff

Are you are saying that you can gain HP beyond your max HP? Isn't that a little... game breaking?

Xa44
Actually this system is based on YGO to some extent(like with PSCT), and also not all spells can be used as a reaction(I do need to make that distinction clearer)

Yes please. Just remember that your players are unlikely to treat their abilities like a deck of cards. They'll expect you to let them come up with creative ways to use their powers and actions, so be prepared to improvise or your players will get fed up with the rules.

I is worded as "a spell they know" I understand the confusion but it is in the description

Look at quests64 that is why that isn't going to be a spell, if every character uses magic a spell that is"you can use 99% of your moveset" would be dumb(unless you add some ridiculous cost)

I have 153/1000 spells done, I can multitask on bolth because 847 spells could all be status related at this point. Spells is a long turm project for this because of how much there is to do

You can't go past your max but if you take 1DMG every turn and heal 1 every turn GG no RE

Yes but that is a starting point  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:26 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Xa44
Ok so here is how HP works

You have a starting save of 15 witch is your AC and HP
Depending on what attack is used on you, you will lose a different amount of points to your save, this means the weaker you are the more you can be hit

Makes sense I suppose. Is there a formula for calculating damage here? What are you using to determine the base damage?

Xa44
Armour
Light armor adds to the AC part of your save
Heavy armor makes it so attacks have disadvantage on you

So you are using some sort of advantage/disadvantage system!
Will you be awarding advantage/disadvantage based on situations as well? *hopeful*

Xa44
So 5 HP is 1/3 of your HP, but VP doesn't always heal so it will probably only heal 2-3 on average witch is pretty strong(but this is actually a really good finisher because you will hit much more)

Ok, that makes it seem a little better. (Thank you for the perspective.)
So we each only have about 15 HP... Does this increase at each level? ("+1 hit die per level" maybe?)

Xa44
As for how spells look, I leave that up to you, the way mages cast their spells are all unique, think of the way you cast like handwriting, also this way you can say " I cast fireball out of my mouth"

So does that mean that I can pull a target into my shadow to use VP? because that's what I like to imagine. (Doing that might prevent others from attacking him as well though, which can be good for strategy as it can give the other players a chance to heal themselves in a dire situation, but is likely not a way that you intended the spell to be used [which makes my not being able to freely move/cast while a target is captured a bit more of a gameplay-balancing feature])
Please, please, please? (If not, is there a spell that will allow me to trap a target in my shadow even if it doesn't actually do any damage?)

The way death currently works is I roll a d6 if it's a 6 it does DMG if not it heals(that is a 15% chance)

Ok, that works for me, but how much damage? "Absurd DMG" could mean anything from 6 poits to 10.

Xa44
Kate gets 2 healing spells so it isn't a problem here, but healing isn't going to be something I would say you will need(kate mainly gets buff spells)

That works. I had planned to make Terran's specialty debuffs, after all. (originally of the immobilizing and impairing sort, but it's at the mercy of the spell list.) Good thing I have friends that can hopefully use more attack spells than me.

Xa44
Attacks say what DMG they do and that determines the mod to the roll and how much it does on hit, so VP is(I think) a -1 to hit and does 1 DMG

Is our attack roll a flat-out d20 vs target's AC? Or is it contested like the damage roll? (If I am understanding it right, then you only stated that it's the damage roll that is contested.) Just wondering because a -1 on a DC of 15 will make it pretty challenging to actually hit with it.

Xa44
Like I said before you don't really LV up, you can buy armour and that works the same way

Is there armor that gives us anything like a +2 on attack rolls? Because having a high defense won't kill the target alone. (And if I can't hit, then how am I supposed to ultimately kill a full-blooded vampire?)

Xa44
If you ever wanna downcast a spell that's fine

Are you saying that I can cast weaker or lesser versions of the spells I know? That's awesome! (Hopefully, the spell is capable of being downcast in the first place. Most of the text [PTSD PSCT or whatever you call it] doesn't leave much room for lesser effects of the same spell unless you count "no damage" as a downcast. Which I suppose actually answers part of my question, so thanks!)

...So can I trap people inside my shadow or not? neutral

Xa44

Just wanted to point out that charging up a spell is not as different as you think. You are still taking time to focus on a spell. The main difference is that one is taking time to buff the spell before casting it (usually doing damage all at once), whereas the other acts as more of a trade-off to achieve the same effect over time while it is being cast. (i.e. an ongoing effect, or ongoing damage.) I'm not saying they are exactly the same thing (they are certainly not interchangeable), but they are both similarly used to boost the effectiveness of a spell through concentration. You may use up the first turn to charge and the next to cast, while I may use up my first turn to cast and my second turn to sustain. (Sustaining works best with spells that cast illusions, create area of effects, and other ongoing effects [like actively keeping up a force field].

I understand if you don't like this mechanic or if you don't want to use it, but I still hope you see it's value even if you choose not no include it. (I also understand that it's somewhat redundant when there is nothing stopping the player from spamming the same spell turn after turn, but I hope you won't out-right reject it if you think of a spell that it might benefit. (Again, a forcefield or stronger healing spells would especially be good candidates.)

But I'll drop it for now. (Just don't forget that it's a viable option for balancing out certain things later.)

Xa44

*rereads* Wait-wait-wait. what do you mean by "1 HP to 3 characters is 3 HP"?
Also, when you say VP can heal up to 5 HP, how do you calculate the amount healed? And what causes this ongoing effect to fail to heal?

Haru Yates
Xa44

Xa44
I is worded as "a spell they know" I understand the confusion but it is in the description
Thank you for understanding. (Uh, said description did not help make it any more clear or there wouldn't have been a misunderstanding in the first place....)

Xa44
Look at quests64 that is why that isn't going to be a spell, if every character uses magic a spell that is"you can use 99% of your moveset" would be dumb(unless you add some ridiculous cost)

(You mean "Can't use 99% of your moveset", right?)

Quest 64? Isn't that game older than you? (I'm kidding. [kinda-sorta])
You do realize that Quest 64 is not exactly known for being good, right? But on the subject on nullifying abilities, there is a spell even in that game that negates all magic. (the magic barrier spell basically makes you immune to all damage because all attacks are magic. At least a silence spell can be made to only affect one character at a time.)

Besides, you yourself said that there are people who fight without magic. I can throw a punch or take out my knife if I need to. Being temporarily unable to cast magic should not be the epitome of defeat.

Xa44
I have 153/1000 spells done, I can multitask on both because 847 spells could all be status related at this point. Spells is a long term project for this because of how much there is to do

That... is not exactly a lot. (no offense.) Any idea how long it could take? (So far, it's been exactly 5 months since this thread was started... so no pressure.)  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:30 pm
emotion_zombie
Xa44

P.S.
Sorry I'm so slow to reply. I have a habit of rereading my post before I post it to make sure that it's free of typos because I'm a bit of a perfectionist. (unless I post from my tablet because it's battery only lasts for freak'n 15 minutes if I'm lucky.)

Did I mention that I'm kinda a perfectionist? emotion_zombie  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:25 pm
Haru Yates
:

Absurd DMG is 10DMG, yes I know this is OP, but it is only for 2 spells

We have 1 more player at least so I hope they take a few good attack spells

Yes, but you probably wouldn't use this as your first spell, because if you haven't taken DMG there is no point, so this would probably be a -1 to a save of 10, witch isn't that bad

There will probably be some magic items that give you a plus, but normal items no(ah, I actually have a side quests that an item like that would work for)

(Problem Solving Card Text) and like I said, anything that is only visually different is fine

What I was saying is that charging beforehand could be a spell because it would be cool for a tank, also I am not saying that is a bad idea just it isn't really that viable as is,(maybe a system where you can spend a turn concentrating or take DMG to be able to cast for that turn(actually yeah I really like that))

It doesn't heal you for the but, when talking about it it would be healing 3 people for 1, so the total amount healed is 3

Yeah, quest 64 sucked and that spell (the earth no magic thing)was a big problem with it, that is why a spell saying no to everything isn't healthy, and people who are physical attackers still use magic to buff their attacks or other options(like healing)

Yeah, I may need to lower it to 50 spells per element because my current expected date is around 3-5 years(so 50 would lower that to 1-2), and 500 spells is still a lot but much more manageable  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:33 am
Xa44
Absurd DMG is 10DMG, yes I know this is OP, but it is only for 2 spells

It might be a good idea to increase the damage threshold. Doing more damage is often more rewarding, so being able to take more damage would balance this out. (example; absurd dmg hits just as hard if it does 20 dmg to a player with 30 HP. Likewise, doing 8 damage is feels more rewarding than doing 4.)

Xa44
We have 1 more player at least so I hope they take a few good attack spells

Yes, but you probably wouldn't use this as your first spell, because if you haven't taken DMG there is no point, so this would probably be a -1 to a save of 10, witch isn't that bad

That's reasonable.

Xa44
There will probably be some magic items that give you a plus, but normal items no(ah, I actually have a side quests that an item like that would work for)

(Problem Solving Card Text) and like I said, anything that is only visually different is fine

So in other words, "no". crying

Xa44
What I was saying is that charging beforehand could be a spell because it would be cool for a tank, also I am not saying that is a bad idea just it isn't really that viable as is,(maybe a system where you can spend a turn concentrating or take DMG to be able to cast for that turn(actually yeah I really like that))

It doesn't heal you for the but, when talking about it it would be healing 3 people for 1, so the total amount healed is 3

I'm somewhat confused. We were talking about VP for this, right? I can't tell if you are saying that the spell can heal not only the caster, but the caster's allies as well. (I assumed that it would only affect the caster.) Also, fluflut insists that a player could cast this on another player to steal health in a dire situation (which is obviously bad for the other players, but is honestly a pretty interesting idea.)

Xa44
Yeah, quest 64 sucked and that spell (the earth no magic thing)was a big problem with it, that is why a spell saying no to everything isn't healthy, and people who are physical attackers still use magic to buff their attacks or other options(like healing)

You could solve this a little by only allowing a spell to affect certain elements at a time (especially if most characters posses spells from at least 2 elements). You could also have spells that only negate certain types of damage or status effects for set amounts of time, (will require a conclusive list of damage types and status effects). In addition, if you think that this type of spell would be too OP for your game world, then consider making them powers that can only be used/cast once per encounter with an effect that only lasts for a certain number of turns/rounds. (If you feel that doing that would take up a spell slot and leave the player with less spells after the spell is used, then consider making it a one-time-use scroll to prevent it from being over-used and abused too much.)

Xa44
Yeah, I may need to lower it to 50 spells per element because my current expected date is around 3-5 years(so 50 would lower that to 1-2), and 500 spells is still a lot but much more manageable

... years? And that's without a beta test-run first? That... could be a problem.

Mainly because I can't guarantee that the players I've invited will wait that long. They might forget all about it or loose interest by the time it's ready. And because it's a brand new system that is at best untested, they may not be too keen on waiting for something that they don't know they'll like gameplay-wise.
I also don't know how the somewhat far future (schedules and workloads) will affect people's ability to get online and play.

Have you thought about using or modifying an existing system to get players started to keep players busy while you build your current system? Or have you tried looking into existing systems to see if there is something that already works in a similar way or allows you to tell the story you want while you build your game? Keep in mind that you can always homebrew spells, rules, items, weapons, classes, races, and just about anything else that you can think of in most existing systems.
I'm not telling you to that you need to change your game, and I am absolutely not telling you to abandon what you are doing, but you should be aware that not all players will be patient enough to wait a whole year to play a game that they know next to nothing about, (especially one being GM'd who they are completely unfamiliar with. (No offense)).  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:03 am
Haru Yates

It might be a good idea to increase the damage threshold. Doing more damage is often more rewarding, so being able to take more damage would balance this out. (example; absurd dmg hits just as hard if it does 20 dmg to a player with 30 HP. Likewise, doing 8 damage is feels more rewarding than doing 4.)

You can't get more then 15 HP without magic items...

Haru Yates

You can just say"I stretch out my shadow, and as it moves to ____ it lifts up covering them

Haru Yates

I'm somewhat confused. We were talking about VP for this, right? I can't tell if you are saying that the spell can heal not only the caster, but the caster's allies as well. (I assumed that it would only affect the caster.) Also, fluflut insists that a player could cast this on another player to steal health in a dire situation (which is obviously bad for the other players, but is honestly a pretty interesting idea.)

Talking about the light spell that heals everyone
Haru Yates

You could solve this a little by only allowing a spell to affect certain elements at a time (especially if most characters posses spells from at least 2 elements). You could also have spells that only negate certain types of damage or status effects for set amounts of time, (will require a conclusive list of damage types and status effects). In addition, if you think that this type of spell would be too OP for your game world, then consider making them powers that can only be used/cast once per encounter with an effect that only lasts for a certain number of turns/rounds. (If you feel that doing that would take up a spell slot and leave the player with less spells after the spell is used, then consider making it a one-time-use scroll to prevent it from being over-used and abused too much.)

(4)Disarming Darkness- use Shadows to stop a target from using physical attacks
(17)Reaction Reaction- when a spell that can only be activated after another spell is cast is casted negative that spell

I have been doing that...

Haru Yates

... years? And that's without a beta test-run first? That... could be a problem.

Mainly because I can't guarantee that the players I've invited will wait that long. They might forget all about it or loose interest by the time it's ready. And because it's a brand new system that is at best untested, they may not be too keen on waiting for something that they don't know they'll like gameplay-wise.
I also don't know how the somewhat far future (schedules and workloads) will affect people's ability to get online and play.

Have you thought about using or modifying an existing system to get players started to keep players busy while you build your current system? Or have you tried looking into existing systems to see if there is something that already works in a similar way or allows you to tell the story you want while you build your game? Keep in mind that you can always homebrew spells, rules, items, weapons, classes, races, and just about anything else that you can think of in most existing systems.
I'm not telling you to that you need to change your game, and I am absolutely not telling you to abandon what you are doing, but you should be aware that not all players will be patient enough to wait a whole year to play a game that they know next to nothing about, (especially one being GM'd who they are completely unfamiliar with. (No offense)).

That is what EP2 is, I didn't think you would invite people so early but didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to disappoint people by saying no
I can speed things up in a lot of places(some other projects may fall to the side(none that you know of or are related to anything here)  

Xa44
Captain

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:36 pm
Fire- avrage DMG every turn

Severely burn- up 1 stage from minor DMG every turn

poison- cannot be healed

Blind- -2 to rolls

slowed- movement is halfed

Mesmerized- unable to speak fluently, this doesn't effect any of your abilities

Weakened- -1 to DMG

Amnesia- occasionally spells will not activate

Confused- you can only cast a random spell for your next turn

Vengeful- set your HP to 15, fall unconscious if you take any DMG, your attacks do 3 more DMG

Getting a lot of stuff done today, think you will be happy with this list  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:04 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

You can't get more then 15 HP without magic items...

I know. I meant increase the HP and DMG proportionally to one another. So that everything technically does exactly the same damage as it currently does. (like fractions, 2/3 HP is the same as 4/6 or 20/30 HP. Same amount with different numbers.)

Xa44
Haru Yates

You can just say"I stretch out my shadow, and as it moves to ____ it lifts up covering them

Yeah, but it doesn't look as bad a**. Also, didn't you say I can't stretch my shadow bigger than twice it's original size?

Xa44
Haru Yates

(4)Disarming Darkness- use Shadows to stop a target from using physical attacks
(17)Reaction Reaction- when a spell that can only be activated after another spell is cast is casted negative that spell

I have been doing that...

I'm talking about effects that last for more than one round. (besides, Reaction Reaction needs to be reworded somehow because the text is really awkward. Try "When a spell is cast as a reaction triggered by another spell, negate that spell." Or you could just rename it 'Counter-counter'. That would certainly clarify the spell's effect.)

Xa44
Haru Yates

That is what EP2 is, I didn't think you would invite people so early but didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to disappoint people by saying no
I can speed things up in a lot of places(some other projects may fall to the side(none that you know of or are related to anything here)

When you first told us about the new RP, you didn't say that it would be tabletop right away, so I began to think about my character and my backstory for your story (so that you could use plot hooks from it if you wanted to). I'm pretty sure that I didn't even realize that you were making it purely a tabletop RP until after this thread was started. (In fact, the first time a "system" is mentioned that isn't talking about an elements list or a type of government is on page 14; a month and a half after the thread was started.) Up until that point, I had been assuming that it was an RP that used tabletop elements. (Same as how you already roll dice for the current RP, yet it doesn't feel like tabletop game.) Since you seemed interested in our backstories for the plot and stuff (because I like feeling involved and immersed in the story), I invited my sister in hopes that she might think about her character's backstory for the RP as well (for the sake of planning the story). I invited Tofu because we needed to secure more players (as well as for the same reason I invited my sister; for the sake of preparing the story), but I didn't realize that the mechanics were so... undeveloped when I initially invited them. crying
Figured that it might take about 6 more months to get everything all prepared, but not much longer.
That, and you didn't say not to...

Also, I'll also admit that I'm actually sorta uneasy about playing a RPG that doesn't use stats to determine whether or not a character is good or bad at something. emotion_8c Makes me feel like I can't stand out unless it's in a fight. ("2-dimensional" )  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:08 pm
Xa44
Fire- avrage DMG every turn

Severely burn- up 1 stage from minor DMG every turn

poison- cannot be healed

Blind- -2 to rolls

slowed- movement is halfed

Mesmerized- unable to speak fluently, this doesn't effect any of your abilities

Weakened- -1 to DMG

Amnesia- occasionally spells will not activate

Confused- you can only cast a random spell for your next turn

Vengeful- set your HP to 15, fall unconscious if you take any DMG, your attacks do 3 more DMG

Getting a lot of stuff done today, think you will be happy with this list

Not bad, not bad!

Do you mind if I offer some constructive criticism on a few of these?

Also, I have a video you might be interested in. (Even if you don't care all that much about the tips it gives, it also mentions a place where you can make money on your system if it proves to work.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k65s1-1TVGQ&list=PL7atuZxmT9570U87GhK_20NcbxM43vkom&index=17

(Also for the record, this is my favourite DM. He's got some excellent things to say in his videos and many people regard him as the world's best Dungeon Master. Just saying. Maybe check out some of his work. He might inspire you as he does me.)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:41 pm
Also, I still recommend running a one-shot [beta] introduction to see how your players like the system. Something to explain the rules and to get feedback on what your players love and hate about it before we really get into the main plot. (It can be connected to the main plot, but it should also function as a stand-alone in case you end up wanting to change things up after.)

Or the two of us can do a solo quick one-shot to test stuff out, but I might be biased. (I'm the type of player who likes skill challenges and roleplay opportunities more than combat, so... yeah...[hence the reason I was so disappointed to be told that there are no stats/bonuses or benefits provided by backstory, race or class. emotion_zombie ])  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:47 pm
Haru Yates

I know. I meant increase the HP and DMG proportionally to one another. So that everything technically does exactly the same damage as it currently does. (like fractions, 2/3 HP is the same as 4/6 or 20/30 HP. Same amount with different numbers.)

I dont get what you are saying, are you saying to inflate numbers for the sake of it? idk

Haru Yates

Yeah, but it doesn't look as bad a**. Also, didn't you say I can't stretch my shadow bigger than twice it's original size?

I really dont care about what you do when it comes down to just looking cool, long as you don't change the effects it is ok, even if you wanna say I cast dark spells useing light biggrin even that is ok

Haru Yates

I'm talking about effects that last for more than one round. (besides, Reaction Reaction needs to be reworded somehow because the text is really awkward. Try "When a spell is cast as a reaction triggered by another spell, negate that spell." Or you could just rename it 'Counter-counter'. That would certainly clarify the spell's effect.)

limiting a spell like that won't make the spell fun to interact with, and single element characters are common, I recommended you take 2 because being able to cast 2 is one of the few things that makes a character definitively better
yeah and actually RR is based 1 to 1 on a YGO card called Counter-counter(didn't wanna copy so I changed the name)

Haru Yates

When you first told us about the new RP, you didn't say that it would be tabletop right away, so I began to think about my character and my backstory for your story (so that you could use plot hooks from it if you wanted to). I'm pretty sure that I didn't even realize that you were making it purely a tabletop RP until after this thread was started. (In fact, the first time a "system" is mentioned that isn't talking about an elements list or a type of government is on page 14; a month and a half after the thread was started.) Up until that point, I had been assuming that it was an RP that used tabletop elements. (Same as how you already roll dice for the current RP, yet it doesn't feel like tabletop game.) Since you seemed interested in our backstories for the plot and stuff (because I like feeling involved and immersed in the story), I invited my sister in hopes that she might think about her character's backstory for the RP as well (for the sake of planning the story). I invited Tofu because we needed to secure more players (as well as for the same reason I invited my sister; for the sake of preparing the story), but I didn't realize that the mechanics were so... undeveloped when I initially invited them. crying
Figured that it might take about 6 more months to get everything all prepared, but not much longer.

Also, I'll also admit that I'm actually sorta uneasy about playing a RPG that doesn't use stats to determine whether or not a character is good or bad at something. emotion_8c Makes me feel like I can't stand out unless it's in a fight. ("2-dimensional" )

I didn't say not to because i didn't think you would until the current RP was ending at least, maybe if you actually run some test game with the other people(because I don't have time to do that testing now, to the extent that would be useful(I am going to try to get some people to be testers))

and about not having stats, all rolls and such are under the table, you don't need to know any of the mechanics of this system to play it, just take some spells that sound cool give them a texture and from there that's it
it is because of this that stats for armour arn't listed in the shop, or why I use words instead of numbers when putting the effects for spells

Haru Yates

not at all, feel like these will all probably change, just wanted to have a first draft

Haru Yates

Or the two of us can do a solo quick one-shot to test stuff out

if we could schedule a time maybe, but that would probably be slow(discord would be nice...)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:00 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

I dont get what you are saying, are you saying to inflate numbers for the sake of it? idk

That's exactly what I mean. (Although knowing you, you won't be easily swayed.)

Xa44
Haru Yates

limiting a spell like that won't make the spell fun to interact with, and single element characters are common, I recommended you take 2 because being able to cast 2 is one of the few things that makes a character definitively better
yeah and actually RR is based 1 to 1 on a YGO card called Counter-counter(didn't wanna copy so I changed the name)

Just because you do't think it's fun does't mean that other people won't like it. The fact that single element characters are common just makes the spell more useful (assuming that the spell affects the right element), but the fact that it only lasts for a set amount of time (say 2 or 3 rounds/turns) with limited uses for encounters (i.e. 1 use per encounter) makes it more balanced. Like I said, it would probably work better as a scroll so as to not take up a learned spell or be abused by players. You can also tweak this so that the spell chooses the element to affect at random, adding unpredictability and again, making it much better as a scroll than an at-will spell.
I should also mention that just because a spell is in the spell list doesn't mean players have to pick it.

On a side-note: I do understand that this can be bad news for characters that only use one element and I actually plan to make Terran practice predominately one element. (Arcane is still on the table at the moment, but only as something that might come naturally to him as he develops due to his vampire blood (as a creature of chaos or something). If it's something that he has to study to have learned, then there must be a reason for him to have bothered learning it in the first place--and currently there isn't.)

Xa44
Haru Yates

I didn't say not to because i didn't think you would until the current RP was ending at least, maybe if you actually run some test game with the other people(because I don't have time to do that testing now, to the extent that would be useful(I am going to try to get some people to be testers))

and about not having stats, all rolls and such are under the table, you don't need to know any of the mechanics of this system to play it, just take some spells that sound cool give them a texture and from there that's it
it is because of this that stats for armour arn't listed in the shop, or why I use words instead of numbers when putting the effects for spells

I remembered the other reason I asked people to join: because I was hoping that they might be willing to offer their opinions and constructive criticism as well, but seeing how Bored Reckless has yet to bother to post, you can see how that failed.

Don't bother rushing to finish the system. We'd rather play something that is fun than something that is half-assed and untested. I can't guarantee that they won't forget all about the RP if it takes a long time, and I can't guarantee that they'll still be able to participate when the preparations are done, but if that happens then we'll just have to find more players. (It's the internet; I'm sure there are at least a few other people willing to give it a shot. Bored Reckless will probably still be willing to try it out. She also still wants an ability that would let her cause water to burst out of a container (such as a pipe or a bottle.))
So don't rush. We understand that things do take time, and we'd prefer a finished play-tested game.

Xa44
Haru Yates

not at all, feel like these will all probably change, just wanted to have a first draft

I do like it so far, but I think that fire and severe burn might be too similar. (realistically, they are both caused by the same thing: fire coming into contact with your skin. How much damage usually depends on how long you remain on fire for. [This is normally a perfect example of ongoing damage. If you wanted to get into damage types, then severity might matter, but mostly because you could make certain things heal certain damage types. But that's another can of worms.)

You might also consider cold/frostbite as a thing, since it's a legitimate burn, but caused by the freezing of tissue rather than the burning of tissue, but that's more of a damage type than a condition unless you are interested in making frostbite a thing that causes some sort of impairment or penalty depending on the circumstances. Like I said, it's more of a damage type, but it's food for thought. (Damage types are great for giving characters strengths and weaknesses. They also make things more interesting, and interesting is often more fun.)

In addition to "blind", consider adding "Deafened" as another status condition. Disadvantage on checks that would involve hearing to locate or detect things, and the character can not hear other characters speak.

Does "Mesmerized" do anything other than cause stuttering or idiot-speak? Because that sounds quite annoying. (You said no to silence, but it might do a better job of shutting somebody up when you don't want them to run their mouth of... Just saying).

Can amnesia cause characters to forget anything other than randomly forgetting their spells? (Forgetting who people in the party are, or what they were trying to accomplish, or where they are, might be really funny too. Situations like that make for some really funny roleplay situations without posing an outright combat risk--aside from the risk of occasionally forgetting how to cast certain spells properly, that is...)

Confused is traditionally used to force players to act erratically or to attack the nearest target or enemy targets (like a "change of heart" ), but I suppose that the random spell thing works well enough. (It would definitely confuse the player/caster when a fireball ends up casting a wind spell instead.)
Actually, a condition that causes spells to randomly target people could be really cool too! Just don't tell the players what the effect is when they first encounter it. (Hint at the fact that something feels off, but don't outright tell them what the condition does on the first round unless their character would recognize the sensation.)
I should also ask about how to end these conditions. Traditionally, confusion-type spells (the ones that mess up who you should target) tend to be ended when the affected character takes damage, or when a spell is cast to remove the condition. Any idea how any of these conditions or effects might be ended?

Getting back to the list, most players will associate "Poison" with ongoing damage, (the D&D version gives disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks, just to compare.) Your version of poison is actually pretty decent, if you ask me, because it still simulates the debilitating effects of being under the influence of poison. I'll admit that I don't like my not being able to heal, but that's because I'm still so used to the ongoing damage that it's usually associated with. (As long as I keep reminding myself that it doesn't cause damage directly! I gotta keep reminding myself that!)

Another thing to consider in regards to poison: Consider having different types of poison. Maybe some cause damage (delayed or instant), or maybe some actually cause other status effects. Maybe they cause the target to tell the truth (truth serum), or maybe they make the player transform in their sleep! The options are endless!

Speaking of sleep, Sleep would be another great status effect; one that can usually be ended by taking damage or being shaken awake by another character.

"Vengeful" honestly sounds incredibly risky. (Is it a spell, or a status effect?) You could potentially call this effect "rabid" or "berserk" (although most berserkers can't be taken down with a tiny cut). Getting back up to 15 HP is great, but being knocked out of commission after a single hit can remove a player from combat much too early in an encounter and for this, I don't really like the idea. (Feels more like a spell [or rather a curse] than a status effect to me.) It also makes it a funny way to reach full health and do heavy damage as long as the character can be revived after, which is a great way to abuse this.

"Unconscious" should also be considered a status effect for the sake of game mechanics.

D&D lists being "Prone" as a condition (status effect) because it does effect the characters. (Melee attacks against a prone target generally has advantage while ranged attacks against a prone target have disadvantage ["duck and cover," lol.]) Characters that are prone normally have to use an action to get up. Otherwise, they can still crawl. (Kinda makes sense as a status effect caused by getting knocked down.)

Let's see... *checks DM screen* Don't forget about "charmed", then maybe think about these as possible status effects and/or conditions:

"petrified" (turned to stone. being stone normally gives the petrified character resistance to all damage, but they essentially remain in a solid suspended state, as if frozen in time until they are cured),

"Frightened" (where a character can't willingly move towards the source of it's fear and it has disadvantage so long as the source of fear is in it's line of sight; because it is essentially terrified),

"Paralyzed",

"Invisible" (doesn't stop creatures from hearing it),

"Grappled/restrained" (prevents the character from moving because they are grabbed or tied up or something), and

"Exhaustion" (which is usually a penalty effect that happens when players go more than a day without food, water, or sleep. Critical role has a house rule that assumes that the PCs eat and drink during rests to avoid interrupting the flow of gameplay, but lack of sleep will still give players a disadvantage.)

Effects like "Madness" are considered optional (mostly for horror campaigns and stuff), and the effect can vary. Diseases can be crafted to effect characters as well (there are diseases that range from causing uncontrolled fits of laughter, to more debilitating effects like exhaustion, disadvantage, or damage.) I personally don't like being affected by diseases in games like this, (I don't normally consider them to be fun), but the laughter one always sounds like it'd be great to roleplay!

If you want me to look into potential damage types as well (like necrotic/decay, acid, radiant, burning, etc) then let me know. Although damage types, as mentioned earlier, really only affect resistances and weaknesses, such as Terran having some resistance to necrotic damage and weakness to radiant damage. Other than that, it serves to give us a better idea of what the damage done ends up looking like. (e.g. acid damage is basically a chemical burn, necrotic damage usually looks like decay, bludgeoning damage or piercing damage is pretty easy to imagine, cold damage is basically frostbite, etc, etc... You can use these damage types to invent status effects or make up conditions on the spot as you see fit.

Xa44
Haru Yates

Or the two of us can do a solo quick one-shot to test stuff out

if we could schedule a time maybe, but that would probably be slow(discord would be nice...)

As I've stated previously, my devices don't work with Discord. (Blame Android Kitkat for sucking, and blame Discord for not having a browser-based platform.)

I honestly don't mind you playtesting it with other people. In fact, it's probably better if you do because you'll get more feedback from people with vastly different playstyles and more experiences. Like I said, I'm pretty biased by this point. (Me and you both seem to value different things in a roleplay, and I generally don't like combat encounters (because I tend to play characters that don't get in close unless they can hit and run or hide.)
Although I do admit that it would be kinda slow. (Almost anything turn-based will be slow because we have to deal with work, school, time zones, and other distractions of life.)  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:10 pm
Haru Yates

That's exactly what I mean. (Although knowing you, you won't be easily swayed.)

I don't see why though and because of the connection between AC and HP there is some problems

Haru Yates

Just because you do't think it's fun does't mean that other people won't like it. The fact that single element characters are common just makes the spell more useful (assuming that the spell affects the right element), but the fact that it only lasts for a set amount of time (say 2 or 3 rounds/turns) with limited uses for encounters (i.e. 1 use per encounter) makes it more balanced. Like I said, it would probably work better as a scroll so as to not take up a learned spell or be abused by players. You can also tweak this so that the spell chooses the element to affect at random, adding unpredictability and again, making it much better as a scroll than an at-will spell.
I should also mention that just because a spell is in the spell list doesn't mean players have to pick it.

On a side-note: I do understand that this can be bad news for characters that only use one element and I actually plan to make Terran practice predominately one element. (Arcane is still on the table at the moment, but only as something that might come naturally to him as he develops due to his vampire blood (as a creature of chaos or something). If it's something that he has to study to have learned, then there must be a reason for him to have bothered learning it in the first place--and currently there isn't.)

as a magic item that is once per game it works and actually you could do that as a ritual(because rituals can do anything but just take a long time) but as a spell that would just break a lot of thing

example
you are fighting a dragon
cool I cast EXA
cool now the dragon can't do anything for 2 turns...

no matter what you do a spell that just stops all other spells won't work without it having a cost that is so great that it isn't worth doing

Haru Yates

I remembered the other reason I asked people to join: because I was hoping that they might be willing to offer their opinions and constructive criticism as well, but seeing how Bored Reckless has yet to bother to post, you can see how that failed.

yeah, that could have been nice. but even than this is kinda like a beta test chat(for my purposes)

Haru Yates

I do like it so far, but I think that fire and severe burn might be too similar. (realistically, they are both caused by the same thing: fire coming into contact with your skin. How much damage usually depends on how long you remain on fire for. [This is normally a perfect example of ongoing damage. If you wanted to get into damage types, then severity might matter, but mostly because you could make certain things heal certain damage types. But that's another can of worms.)

functionaly they work differently enough to be fine, just think "if they where not both fire related would this be a problem"
Haru Yates

You might also consider cold/frostbite as a thing, since it's a legitimate burn, but caused by the freezing of tissue rather than the burning of tissue, but that's more of a damage type than a condition unless you are interested in making frostbite a thing that causes some sort of impairment or penalty depending on the circumstances. Like I said, it's more of a damage type, but it's food for thought. (Damage types are great for giving characters strengths and weaknesses. They also make things more interesting, and interesting is often more fun.)

this would work better as a spell rather than a new status
Haru Yates

In addition to "blind", consider adding "Deafened" as another status condition. Disadvantage on checks that would involve hearing to locate or detect things, and the character can not hear other characters speak.

maybe, but a disadvantage and a -2 would make a person kinda useless, so maybe not like that(maybe if it is only for 1 turn(that kinda doesn't make sence))

rereads, I am not going to really be doing skill checks and that would be very eh
Haru Yates

Does "Mesmerized" do anything other than cause stuttering or idiot-speak? Because that sounds quite annoying. (You said no to silence, but it might do a better job of shutting somebody up when you don't want them to run their mouth of... Just saying).

this is just a for fun thing. mainly becaise this can be used a lot in a place like Arana to pull a lot of pranks
Haru Yates

Can amnesia cause characters to forget anything other than randomly forgetting their spells? (Forgetting who people in the party are, or what they were trying to accomplish, or where they are, might be really funny too. Situations like that make for some really funny roleplay situations without posing an outright combat risk--aside from the risk of occasionally forgetting how to cast certain spells properly, that is...)

I wanna say yes, but my question is how would this be decided. I feel like if that was just a thing that the player does and isn't a thing with rules it would work better
Haru Yates

Actually, a condition that causes spells to randomly target people could be really cool too! Just don't tell the players what the effect is when they first encounter it. (Hint at the fact that something feels off, but don't outright tell them what the condition does on the first round unless their character would recognize the sensation.)

would be kinda hard to rule that and some abilities interfere with that, and some spells like raining hats already have that as part of there effect..., probably a no on this
Haru Yates

I should also ask about how to end these conditions. Traditionally, confusion-type spells (the ones that mess up who you should target) tend to be ended when the affected character takes damage, or when a spell is cast to remove the condition. Any idea how any of these conditions or effects might be ended?

some just end and it is listed on the effect, other than that you will need to have someone(other than the person effected) use there action to try to stop the effect
Haru Yates

Another thing to consider in regards to poison: Consider having different types of poison. Maybe some cause damage (delayed or instant), or maybe some actually cause other status effects. Maybe they cause the target to tell the truth (truth serum), or maybe they make the player transform in their sleep! The options are endless

that would cause overlap, and sleep could be abused if you get a team of people using it

Haru Yates

"Vengeful" honestly sounds incredibly risky. (Is it a spell, or a status effect?) You could potentially call this effect "rabid" or "berserk" (although most berserkers can't be taken down with a tiny cut). Getting back up to 15 HP is great, but being knocked out of commission after a single hit can remove a player from combat much too early in an encounter and for this, I don't really like the idea. (Feels more like a spell [or rather a curse] than a status effect to me.) It also makes it a funny way to reach full health and do heavy damage as long as the character can be revived after, which is a great way to abuse this.

if you put it on a spell that only inflicts someone with it when it does DMG and have it do minnor DMG it works, or if you use it on yourself it works great
this is an effect that seems strong but you need to think of "how do I get this effect to trigger" and than it falls apart
Haru Yates

"Unconscious" should also be considered a status effect for the sake of game mechanics.

yeah, that and mana fever
Haru Yates

D&D lists being "Prone" as a condition (status effect) because it does effect the characters. (Melee attacks against a prone target generally has advantage while ranged attacks against a prone target have disadvantage ["duck and cover," lol.]) Characters that are prone normally have to use an action to get up. Otherwise, they can still crawl. (Kinda makes sense as a status effect caused by getting knocked down.)

... 90% of spells have range, and advantage and disadvantage is rare in this system
Haru Yates

Let's see... *checks DM screen* Don't forget about "charmed", then maybe think about these as possible status effects and/or conditions:

I can't really make more than 1 spell with charmed, best to just keep it as a spell at that point
Haru Yates

"petrified" (turned to stone. being stone normally gives the petrified character resistance to all damage, but they essentially remain in a solid suspended state, as if frozen in time until they are cured),

this kinda just is a OHK and that seems kinda annoying, something like this doesn't really work unless you have multiple characters

Haru Yates

"Frightened" (where a character can't willingly move towards the source of it's fear and it has disadvantage so long as the source of fear is in it's line of sight; because it is essentially terrified),

eh, prefer less things that use disadvantage and advantage, also I don't feel like this has enough impact to where it has multiple spells dedicated to it
Haru Yates

"Paralyzed",

that is what amnesia is
Haru Yates

"Invisible" (doesn't stop creatures from hearing it),

don't think I could have multiple spells for that, so change this to a spell and it works fine(actually going to make this a lightning spell)
Haru Yates

"Grappled/restrained" (prevents the character from moving because they are grabbed or tied up or something), and

not really a status, just a thing you can do(can't really use this for spells)
Haru Yates

"Exhaustion" (which is usually a penalty effect that happens when players go more than a day without food, water, or sleep. Critical role has a house rule that assumes that the PCs eat and drink during rests to avoid interrupting the flow of gameplay, but lack of sleep will still give players a disadvantage.)

already is a thing, but I do need a place for it(and more specific effects)

Haru Yates

Effects like "Madness" are considered optional (mostly for horror campaigns and stuff), and the effect can vary. Diseases can be crafted to effect characters as well (there are diseases that range from causing uncontrolled fits of laughter, to more debilitating effects like exhaustion, disadvantage, or damage.) I personally don't like being affected by diseases in games like this, (I don't normally consider them to be fun), but the laughter one always sounds like it'd be great to roleplay!

eh, I mean I have been planning out a weather system that would include a way to get sick if it is raining(I missed a lot of stuff...first drafts yay)
Haru Yates

If you want me to look into potential damage types as well (like necrotic/decay, acid, radiant, burning, etc) then let me know. Although damage types, as mentioned earlier, really only affect resistances and weaknesses, such as Terran having some resistance to necrotic damage and https://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/posting.php?mode=quote&p=384871560#weakness to radiant damage. Other than that, it serves to give us a better idea of what the damage done ends up looking like. (e.g. acid damage is basically a chemical burn, necrotic damage usually looks like decay, bludgeoning damage or piercing damage is pretty easy to imagine, cold damage is basically frostbite, etc, etc... You can use these damage types to invent status effects or make up conditions on the spot as you see fit.

I don't think I can realisticly put this in to the point where I am happy with it

the idea of players being able to have weaknesses and resistances would be cool(and help with build veriatly) but planing this out for monsters... that is a lot of work, maybe in the 2nt edition, for now no
Haru Yates

blame Discord for not having a browser-based platform.)

...it does...
Haru Yates

I honestly don't mind you playtesting it with other people. In fact, it's probably better if you do because you'll get more feedback from people with vastly different playstyles and more experiences. Like I said, I'm pretty biased by this point. (Me and you both seem to value different things in a roleplay, and I generally don't like combat encounters (because I tend to play characters that don't get in close unless they can hit and run or hide.)
Although I do admit that it would be kinda slow. (Almost anything turn-based will be slow because we have to deal with work, school, time zones, and other distractions of life.)

yeah, having 1 test with you could be nice  
Xa44s RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces