[COMPLETE] Home Base Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:40 pm
She blinked up at Chester, feeling kind of woozy. Struggling, Preacher tried to sit up. It became apparent from the movement that she'd caught the burnt of the blast on her left side - her shirt was burned away and the skin looked quite charred. It looked like, honestly, another trip to the hospital was in order. She hissed. "How's 'bout I never move again. Sorry for using you as a pillow - you're bony. Are ya hurt much?" Still, she glanced around to take stock of things, managing to hear what this damn fool was saying. Preacher might have seen red.

"Yeah? And I used tha library, too, ya stupid burning c**t. Ya know what tha old me knew? She knew two things: that Melany was gonna be like a magical tupperware, n' that it was gonna save other ********' people from dyin' somehow, includin' her!" She huffed. Talking so much her her damn side, but she fixed the Burning Man with a glare. "So ya can't act all goddamn better than me for takin' my consent by goddamn c**k-sucking force 'cause o' a decision made in good faith eons ********."

She shifted, painfully. "Instead of, oh wow, tryna lay it all out for people, sayin' let's fix s**t together, you decided it was time ta become a god. Y'know, gods should be scared of their people. N' ya ********' failed." Painfully, Preacher brought her hands together and clapped for the Burning Man, twice.

smerdle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:45 pm
Shun just grunted lowly in response to America, "Sure. Trial. Due process. That is fine and all. But seriously, get him contained for now if nothing else. We still have s**t to do and we do not need him sitting here unbound, as he recovers his strength like the rest of us."

He didn't really have a good way to go about it. When he solidified the shadows, they didn't remain that way for long. Not to mention he was sitting here, half naked, and burnt to a crisp. He didn't have a lot left in him right now. Shun could continue to attempt to mediatate and heal himself further, but right now he wanted to keep his eyes on the Burning Man. Just in case.

lizbot

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:02 pm
The warmth of America's magic was a swirl of of sunshine against the fiery smoulder of the Burning Man, the knot of power binding him securely enough but...

"Shiloh, hey, could you..." She made a locking gesture.

melancholies

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:15 pm
Temperance glanced over at Leila. "I'm not sure the fetches can help, really. How many of them are on this man's side? Silk is probably alright, but..." She turned hard eyes to the Burning Man.

"No one deserved what you did to Pride. No one." Then she turned pointedly back to Ezra and Mila. Everyone else could deal with those burning remains. Almost absently, she reached over with a damp cloth and smothered the fiery edges of Mila's dress. The she reached over and placed her hand just above the burn on her thigh. "Thanks, Mila, you really helped. Hold still - let me try to fix that for you." Despite being so new to everything, to even the concept of magic, Mila had rather persevered. By her, Ezra was stirring a bit and she glanced at him.

"Hey, don't try to move, okay?"

melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:32 pm
    Shiloh was totally for restraining the Burning Man, but like, he had so much s**t going on? Jamie's guilt was radiating in his head like ping pong balls and now Kaleb was awake, and instead of feeling relief (I mean, there was a little relief that he was okay) he just started feeling worse because he was crying.

It was fitting that America was the one that called out to him for help, because Jesus wept was utterly fitting for everything going on right now.

"H-Hey, Kaleb, dude it's okay..." He frowned, Jamie on his shoulder, Kaleb propped precariously against him. He helped him sit up, but then after a moment he took both of his arms and wrapped them both into a well needed hug. "We're all okay, you know? I'm so proud of you guys." And he meant it; despite the acerbic tone he'd taken with the Burning Man, now his tone was soft and affectionate, albeit a little tired. He ruffled both of their hair, "Afterwards, we're gonna get so many icees, and we're gonna go down to the beach and hang out for a while and do all sorts of other fun stuff."

The top of Jamie's head got a smooch, and then he let go of his boyfriend to give Kaleb a full frontal hug, and then he started to stand, "I'll be right back, okay? Promise."

All he wanted to do was crumble and be sad too, but it was hard when he really liked his friends.

"Sorry 'Meri." He joined her side, and he could tell it already felt pretty secure, but... "One second."

He imagined a lock—a lot like when Eve, all those months ago, when he tried to release her magic—but instead of opening it, he slammed the door shut and threw away the proverbial key. It was a very definitive motion, the way his hand curled into a fist and turned like a knob, the air shimmering around his hand like glitter... "Done and done." Didn't stop him from shooting a glance at Temperance, in case she wanted to y'know—participate. Anyone else would only see it as him taking stock of the situation, but he knew.

saedusk

Grey Dragon

lizbot

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:33 pm
Some of the burns faded, lessened; their fingertips were just dark with char instead of burns, and the blisters on their arms shrank from grotesque bubbles. Alexis whimpered and held his hand tight; when they managed to open their eyes again, they looked a little more lucid. "Shirt. Gimme a shirt." They didn't like their back being exposed. Or their arms. Or any of it.

The influx of magic did its' job. It felt like forever, but they managed to pull themself into a sitting position, teeth clenched so tight it felt like something would crack. "Can't hold this," they murmured, "can't do anythin' else here."

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:33 pm
Leila nodded at Temperance. "I wouldn't know, honestly... but Silk was pretty invested in the Court being changed, so I think she'd know best who can help, at least once the Burning Man is somewhere he can't get to them." It felt weird to talk about him like he wasn't right there, but it was something she had to remain unconcerned about. "I can give a pretty detailed report in a way that won't be overheard, if that amounts to anything."

Now that things were calmer, she could recognize the other woman's face and mannerism. "You were at Blackfriar too, right?" She started to fidget her hands, but the fresh burns made her stop after half a second. "You've helped so much... thank you."

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:45 pm
    "Really?" Mila looked up, her eyes wide and owlish and so so so watery behind her worse-for-wear glasses, the framed having cracked from the extreme heat. Now they grew foggy against her threatening tears. "Y-You think so? I just—gosh, I didn't think... I never thought anything like this..."

She was still so obviously rattled. Who wouldn't be?

She flinched at Temperance's touch, but her gaze marveled at how her magic worked, how it soothed her skin and helped her heal... "W-Wow... that's incredible Temperance..." So it seemed magic could cause irreversible harm, but it could fix irreversible things just the same. "I think... I think—h-his name is Ezra, right?—I think he's waking up."

Mila was papping him a little with her hands again, "I'm so sorry, but we'd all feel so much better if we knew you were okay." She worried her lip, "Miss Temperance said not to move though. Can you even hear me? Gosh, you poor thing..." It must've been so scary, sharing a body with that fiery thing over there...

The Semblance of Unity
angel...

cibarium
proximityyy

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:52 pm
"You heard right," said Eve to Mila. Then, in a whisper directed at herself: "...could have killed him... what was I thinking?"

Biscuit made a bubbly noise.

melancholies

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:03 pm
America's magic wrapped around the Burning Man, a visible golden rope twining into knots. It didn't put him out; he was a creature only of flame, the silhouette of a man the only suggestion that he wasn't a sentient bonfire. "Good faith," he spat. "Melany didn't choose it. You decided to torture one person for eternity to save your own skin. At least I knew what I was doing was reprehensible."

He didn't seem very afraid of them, even as Shiloh locked his powers down.

Ezra tried to bat the popping hand away, moving more successfully this time. "'M up, I'm up," he mumbled.

Quote:
hold for fetches

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:11 pm
Silk and another, unknown fetch stepped through the invisible magical gateway between the stairs and the third floor on which they stood. "It seems obvious to us," said Silk, "that we cannot cast the renewed Charter today. You are much too tired. So, in the spirit of putting penance for what we did not prevent, we have cleared and opened guest rooms for you to rest. We must do this re-casting as soon as possible, and because of this we would appreciate it if you were to remain. But we will not stop those among you who wish to leave from leaving."

The fetch who had accompanied her had a bright green apron on, blue corduroys and a pinstriped henley in heather pink. When he turned from examining the spells, his eyes were bright ******** blue.

"Odal?" Silk looked to her companion. "Is there anything to add?"

"Hm?" Odal had puttered over to the snack table. "Oh. Er. I suppose. Felt is arranging for healing as required, and dinner will be served in--" he checked his wrist, which had no watch, which seemed to discomfit him "--Well, it will be served shortly. And I'll take responsibility for Lord Ezra over there, I think." He clapped his hands, and the Burning Man disappeared. "Thank you for wrapping him up so neatly for us."

the next Official Phase will begin tonight at 11pm, and will timeskip us to the beginning of the casting! if your character decides to leave, you will still receive the event credit, but will have no IC say in the new Charter. If you wish to do any RP between the end of the Burning Man section and the new casting, please start a thread in the main forum.

Odal and Silk are available for questions and answers time.
a-disgruntled-dragon
erin
azuredreams
jeremiah and nasir
The Semblance of Unity
preacher, horace, and temperance
demon_pachabel
cassandra
Melancholies
Oliver and Shiloh and Mila
iloveyouDIE
algernon and wil
Daekie
alexis
saedusk
Jamie and Elliot
Smerdle
Rabbit, Theo, Chester
cibarium
eve and leila
Grey Dragon
kaleb
Blade Kuroda
Shun
lizbot
America
AMItotic
Lily
Ephebe
Nazriya
GhouIs
Ro
iStoleYurVamps
Marcus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:18 pm
Shun relaxed only a little bit as the Burning Man was bound up by America and Shiloh. The fetches had come in at this point and his attention shifted over to Silk and Odal. He wasn't getting up yet.

"Mercer," he started, looking over to Jeremiah, "Will there be any issues with me remaining here with this damn thing on my ankle?"

It was a valid question. While being in Other Ashdown didn't usually mess with it, he also didn't typically stay here for long at all. Even if he wasn't differentiated, he still felt the need to see this through.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:33 pm
Well, that took care of the messaging and reporting issue -- it didn't need done at all. It put Leila a little more on edge, especially on top of hearing Ezra stirring in earnest. She stayed quiet for the moment, and close to her wife.

"Thank you for all these accommodations," said Eve, tired and similarly tense, but sincere all the same. "We appreciate it. Could one of you possibly help me with... that?"

She gestured to her chair, which was done smoking but still in terrible shape. Even though magic in Other Ashdown made fixing it a potentially simple task, she didn't trust that anyone had the mechanical knowledge to do it correctly. "I haven't figured out all the semantics for my reversal spell to get it done myself," she admitted with a slow shake of her head. And she didn't have her notes with her either. Looking specifically at Silk, she added, "Once we're all back in good shape, I'd love for you and Felt to join me for tea in the room you arranged for us, if your schedule allows."

It was purely a social call. She liked Felt, and respected Silk, and it would help her unwind from the chaos of the day.

shibrogane
if accepted this can just take place offscreen :3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:37 pm
In with the Fetches and there went The Burning Man. Cass sighed deeply, not sure if she felt like she'd been at least slightly more helpful or slightly LESS helpful as she squeezed Jeremiah's hand back and found herself leaning into the two men almost like a child would.

Tired spirit-child was tired, and she was certain both no-choice-in-the-matter-Dad's were also feeling tired. At least, she had that feeling.

"I'm ready for a nap." she'd agreed to come and see this through. She'd already told Jeremiah she felt like she was just grunt labor before this started, and leaving now seemed like a surefire way to remain only that. So at the very least she'd take a nap - then maybe see about finding out if she was allowed to drink in Other Ashdown or if that would be frowned about at this time.  

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:46 pm
"We'll put someone on it," said Odal, "You're somewhat asking the President to take care of a municipal matter, if that makes sense. Once I'm done here, I have to recalibrate the ward-space to control for the change in moon phase. Then I have to re-consecrate this space. Then I have to find somewhere to place Lord Ezra--"

Ezra the not-burning man shifted uneasily at hearing his name

"--until the lot of you are prepared to deal with him, which won't be easy, as he is a prodigious magical talent, of course. Dinner is my responsibility as well. And Silk is our chatelaine. Doubtless she's itching to get back to playing house and arranging roommates..." It was a gentle tease. Silk rolled her eyes from where she was fixing an overturned table. "And dealing with the gap in nobility will be quite time consuming as well. She'll have to arrange a way for us to act against the interests of Lord Ezra. But your request is reasonable. Felt, please see if one of the mechanically-inclined fetches can do something for this young lady?"  
ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff