Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Historical & Archived Events
=> [BOOTH] Psychological Help Stand (Day 7 open) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
DraconicFeline generated a random number between 1 and 17 ... 1!

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:51 am
Rollover time!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
purplerosesbeauty
You get a very familiar ticket! As well as an IOU for a special inkblot, because you are, like, almost part of the booth now...

hobo pixie
You get a ticket!

buzzwolf
You get a ticket and also a lowkey flirt, though you seem distressed so she's not going to press too hard.

Quote:
Gnash: 1,2
Static: 3,4
Trusci: 5,6
Eilidh: 7,8,9
Deimos: 10,11,12
Engrav: 13,14, 15
Stryke: 16,17

DraconicFeline generated a random number between 3 and 17 ... 9!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:54 am
Quote:
Static: 3,4
Trusci: 5,6
Eilidh: 7,8,9
Deimos: 10,11,12
Engrav: 13,14, 15
Stryke: 16,17

Psykgi Mentha

purplerosesbeautycx

"Gnash! Great to see you, as always!" Psykgi said, beaming. She couldn't help feeling a little fondness for the young seadweller -- who had frequented her booth for some time. She'd actually been thinking about visiting the seadweller's hive at some point, but between her work, her duties, setting up this booth, and the rental boat's lowblood rental schedule, it just... hadn't happened.

Still, she'd thought about Gnash for the weeks leading up to Bloodfest, and was even thinking of preparing something nice for her. Not too nice, just... special. For friendship's sake, or whatever form of friendship she could call this.

"Thank you -- I like this sweep's batch of inkblots best! I can't wait for you to see the rest!" Or, well, she could. She gave Gnash some time with the prompt, intending to ask if she wanted to hang out on the boardwalk or something, when Gnash's face changed.

Psykgi watched with actual, genuine concern as the seadweller left, then looked back at the prompt. That was... some reaction. Huh.

Micilliax

Psykgi saluted in return. "How are you enjoying Bloodfest so far?" She asked. If he was anything like her, he was proud of his home city in that moment, but maybe he was the sort to have wanted a quiet walk on the boardwalk. Or, something else of the sort.

... Gerbils? Wow, the little buggers must have made an impression. She personally saw something like what Gnash saw -- bubbles and coral, from a snorkel off of the coast.

And again, another intense reaction from her prompt.

Melancholiesx

"Ocean waves, huh? Neat. Say," she said to the stranger, "You should check out the boardwalk. It's not as lively as it is in Summer, but there's some great things there!"

hobo pixix

... Was this one of the trolls that had been running the coffee booth last sweep? The booth with the mustard and the gross compost smoothies? It wasn't Amonee Brycer, so who, then?

Well, a boothgoer, of course.

"Rocks?" somehow, Psykgi doubted that. At least this tealblood didn't react poorly to the prompt...

nepsahx

"That's a pretty nice image to see!" Psykgi commented. She vaguely remembered the color and symbol, but couldn't place the troll. "I actually haven't seen a proper meteor shower myself -- the lights in the city, you know. Too bright!"

She supposed she could go to busthind, though... Hmmm.

buzzwolfx

"Well, if it isn't Engrav! Hello!" Psykgi said brightly, "Nice to see you!" And he was that, easy on the eyes, fun to be around and would you look at that he was really paying attention to the inkblot. Sure, he was seeing science, and it was clearly taking up a good deal of his thoughts. Sure, he was also seeing a somewhat pessimistic space-related image. Space or water, fear and impending danger... that was what this inkblot seemed to evoke for most people.

Maybe, in just seeing a coral reef, she was just thinking shallowly? Did she really want to plumb her own mental depths? Or, was she just too close to the creation of the inkblots to see them as anything other than ink on paper?

"What do you think about the prompt, Engrav?" she asked curiously, listening to his reply.No one else had actually said their thoughts out loud yet, and the opportunity to maybe learn a little bit more about this puzzle of a troll was far too tantalizing.

Memory, huh.

Reassurance huh. She could tell when she'd glimpsed something beneath armor, something glittering and gemlike in it's significance. People's truths were beautiful and, unlike other trolls she knew, she did not want to break it. Or attack it.

Just find it.

"I think I understand exactly what you mean." she said solemnly, quiet so that there was some privacy. Not much -- this was a public booth, after all. In fact, even though she still knew little about Engrav, she was surprised he was telling her this here.

"It's... a nice feeling to find someone you care about. Someone you can be there for." Thoughts of Leeroi crossed her mind. Thoughts of Eridia, too, though those were soured and faded, barely relevant -- a memory of feeling, just there for reference. "I hope that you find that someone, Engrav." she said, smiling genuinely, "When you do, I bet you'll find that someone finds you 'solid' as well."

Well, that was deep. Maybe heavy, even.

"Hey, so, I noticed you have a booth so I bet you're busy enjoying Bloodfest, but if you have some time, maybe we could go out for something warm and caffienated?"  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
DraconicFeline rolled 1 12-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-12)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:55 am
Quote:
Static: 1,2
Trusci: 3,4
Deimos: 5,6,7
Engrav: 8,9, 10
Stryke: 11,12

“Today's Prompt”
When you think of your home city, what is the first thing that pops into your head? Do you feel like that thought relates to you? How?

“Today's Inkblot”

User Image

((All day 1 advice, except for the mysterious typewritten note, has been posted up.)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:42 am
Static Charge

Inkblots!
Static saluted the redblood as he returned to her booth. He really liked Psykgi, but her questions made him think things he would rather not think about. Today's inkblot was nice tho. "It looks like a river..." The blueblood mused. "It looks really good, do you do these yourself Psykgi?"

Food for Thought
More thinking questions... "Well, I got my powers there... but I also got kinda hurt in the, um, the space tower crash..." The place was full of good memories, but also bad ones...  

Micillia

Dapper Duck

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:13 am

Inkblot
This inkblot was a lot less... interesting to look at than the last one. Deimos squinted at it for a few moments, brain struggling to think of something to say. "Trees," he finally offered up something. "Not really, but that's all I can think of." He shrugged and... shuffled along to the next activity.

The advice wall had answers up. He scanned over them, attempting to look only mildly interested until he spotted his. He read through it, shifting to fold his arms over his chest. That was exactly what he thought. He was... willing to try, but hadn't yet found a way to do things slow enough that he felt comfortable doing - let alone with anyone he wanted to get that attached to. And the reassurance that he wasn't wrong in thinking that it was important to be self-sufficient certainly helped. Huh. This advice thing wasn't so bad after all. He didn't have any questions to ask yet, though.

Food for Thought
Home city. Deimos rolled his eyes a little. He didn't live in the city, but Four Fronds made him think of overly pompous highbloods with entitlement issues so vast he could probably spend all night just trying to dissect them. No, the Murderwoods wasn't really a city, but it was home. Even if it was dangerous and often just stepping outside was risking getting culled if you did it at the wrong time of the night.

Maybe that was why he was this way. Snappish, closed off, and disinterested in allowing himself to rely too heavily on anyone else. He'd have to think on it more, that was for certain. But there was only so much that self-examination could do, and Deimos felt as if he was quickly approaching the limits of his own introspection.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:20 am

Apibom had avoided this particular booth the first day because this sort of thing was akin to their worst nightmare, but... Well... They did want some advice, and they didn't want to trouble Chiara with it. She was already doing so much for them as it was!

They made their way over to the advice section, intending to drop off a question without spending too much time lingering around the booth. That would make them too nervous to turn it in.

Quote:
I'm here for some advice!

How do you find your purpose? Or joy in your lot in life, I guess. My lusus says that everyone has a purpose based on their hatching and mine is to be a worker, but I want to be more than that! I want to be important and not just a nameless face in the crowd. But... I know that I probably won't be. How do I accept that and be happy?

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:50 am
Gnash came back the next day, having cleared her head. Her lusus was waiting on the other side, as she didn't like this booth either. More lowbloods. A new inkblot to look at, and this one took her a few minutes, staring intensely. Her gills flared a little. "I do not know what this one is perhaps it is something like a troll who is laying down on the ground and relaxing all spread out and looking see how it could look like that," she said. It was hard to parse, but that seemed like a thing.

As for the daily prompt, what she thinks of her home city... they were in her home city now! Civisect was her home. "Well being as my home is Civisect and that is the place we are in right now I am thinking of Bloodfest and how there are so many good events right now and people to meet and good things to do." She smiled a little at that. This was one of her only chances to make friends, after all. "And I would like to do things with you as well because you are my friend are you not Psygki?"

DraconicFeline
Gnash actually lives on the beach, her hive is accessible without a boat lmfao
they should def boardwalk hang tho c:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:51 pm
micillia

"I do! I actually make a bunch, and only take the ones that I think are really suitable." she said, smiling at Static, "Feel free to take any you like -- I make copies for that reason!"

Psykgi was distracted today, her hemotyped pen tapping against the surface of her booth. Beneath an elbow was a typewritten letter and the pleasant but hardy stationary that she used for her advice wall. It was partly written on, but clearly unfinished.

"Yeah, that whole event has... mixed memories... for me too." she said, commiserating. The ruined tower had been cleared up eventually, but the memories remained. "You also live here though, right? How do you feel about it? Do you think you 'fit the mold' of a Civisect citizen, or do you feel like you don't quite relate to the city so much personally?" She shrugged apologetically, "No judgement -- Sorry, gosh, that came out awfully strange, didn't it? I mostly want to see the city from your view and how you feel you fit into it."

nepsah

Yeah, she was thinking trees too. Or rivers. Or roots. Or... well, it was something biological, but also mysterious and threatening, like something could be lurking beyond the dark ink... it sort of put her in mind of the great hunt, all those sweeps ago. The swamp and the trees...

That had been more fun than frightening, though.

---

Psykgi waved at Apibom, but Ma'am went a few steps further and chittered a multi-layered greeting. Though she was aware that a queen-led swarm had a philosophy often opposing her own, Ma'am achknowledged the strengths that a drone-based hive had in sheer numbers and efficiency. If only she could assimilate them...

purplerosesbeauty

Psykgi was nearly done with her newest note when Gnash returned. Visibly brightening from some very subtly lowered mood, she smiled at the seadweller. She was glad to see that the roseblood was all right -- she had been worried about her when she'd left her booth the other day.

"I can kind of see that, sure!" she said, turning the inkblot to the side. Barely. But if Gnash saw a troll relaxing, then that was what Gnash saw. It was a very nice image to have (though not as nice as the bubbles, honestly.)

"Bloodfest really does make everything lively, doesn't it?" Psykgi said. It really did -- not that Civisect wasn't lively at all times of the sweep, but Bloodfest really added something.

She was a little taken aback at Gnash's comment, in a good way. She'd been thinking it but... well, as a patient had confided in her, once someone else said it, it made things that much more real. "Gosh, yes we are." she said, affirming, "I'd like to do fun things with you too, outside of Bloodfest."

She suddenlu burst out laughing. "You know, it just occurred to me, that I must just keep walking by your hive at high tide or something, because I could have sworn that I would need a boat to get to it, but now that i think about it, you're actually right on the beach!" Silly her, "So there is no reason not to visit your hive at any time... by the way, what sorts of things do you like to do in the city?"

melona-pan

Finally -- after apparently crossing out the last word with some franticness -- the redblood finishes writing and -- with care -- posts a fairly long reply onto her advice wall. She seems pensive as she looks at it, then shortly therafter takes a break, going out of sight behind her booth.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:54 pm
Inkbots + Wall of advice

Eilidh looked at today's inkblot, nibbling at her lip. She had no idea what the heck is was supposed to be... she guessed that was the point. "I think it sorta looks like lima beans... or maybe peapods?" She rubbed her neck with a shy smile. Maybe she was bad at this. Next she moved to read over her advice from yesterday, smiling brightly. She just ask for a meeting and go for it then! Now! For another question.

Quote:

How do I get my lazy lusus to exercise and lose weight?

Food for Thought

Eilidh thought over the prompt, crossing her arms as she did. She didn't come from a city.. well a regular city. As a kid, she had envisioned the forest to be a city of trees. Home. She loved her cozy cave with Papa bear. Sure, Xavvy's place was nice too but... it wasn't the calm and warm place that she grew up in. A smile crossed her face again as she wrote on a paper, I think of secure and warmth when I think of home... and I do think those can relate to me as well. Despite the world we live in, I try to stay positive and be the smile that lights up every trolls day. Thank you for the food for thought, this one really made me think. With that, the teal blood dropped the response into the box and gathered her things to leave.

DraconicFeline rolled 3 8-sided dice: 6, 4, 1 Total: 11 (3-24)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:53 am
Lima beans, huh. Those are pretty tasty.

Quote:
Static: 1
Deimos and Apibom: 2, 3, 4
Gnash: 5, 6
Eilidh: 7, 8

nepsah
She appears to be mulling a lot over your question, little bee.

purplerosesbeauty
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Friendship!

micillia
Here, have a ticket... (Hey mic, the food for thought things need to be 80 words to count, tho obvs you are still free to use it just for fun.

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:03 am
User Image

“Today's Prompt”

Imagine that you have been given a very tasty sweet pastry, but you are not able to eat it yourself. Do you give it to your lusus, your friend, or a total stranger? Do you do something else with it? Why?

Psy appears to be unloading some boxes right now, but the doctor is indeed in.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:29 am
Gnash nodded to the redblood. "You live in Civisect too as I recall even though your original home was destroyed so yes if you walk the beach often and far you probably come across my hive which is on the beach and not too deep into the water and if you visited I would keep you far from the parts that are underwater and not breathable for landdweller who wish to visit," she said.

A friend, in her hive! That would be something. If Angel didn't ruin the experience for her and try to eat her friend... but Psygki was in the military. She was important right? That should be enough....

--

For the inkblot tonight, Gnash hemmed a little as she tried to think what it reminded her of. "Perhaps... the dark parts of the forest wherein there is very little light and it is hard to see although that one part here in the middle is a bit frightening like that it is like a person who is standing menacingly as you are simply looking for buggies," she said, pointing to the middle of the blot. She wasn't sure what to think of this picture!

The prompt for the day was a much nicer one! "I would enjoy a very tasty sweet pastry for myself but I suppose if the rule was that I could not have it for whatever reason I would need to give it to someone who was in need of a very tasty sweet pastry like perhaps lowbloods who do not get to have such things and that would be a very nice thing of me to do." She wondered if Psygki needed to be given pastries or if she was the sort of lowblood who could buy her own things? She was in the military now... maybe she didn't need as much help!

DraconicFeline
<3

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:14 pm

Inkblot
Dei wasn't entirely sure why he kept coming back to this booth but it was... entertainment, at least. This time the inkblot sent a shiver down his spine - the hairs on the back of his neck stood up, along with the ones on his forearms. Every part of his mind screamed bad at the image and it took quite a bit of willpower not to just turn on his heel and speed walk away to somewhere less... less... unsafe. He cleared his throat, shaking his head to clear it.

"Shadow people." That was about as descriptive as he was going to get. Something about the image just... reminded him all too much of the shadowy figures that seemed to pop up in the corners of his vision when he'd gone too long without sleep. Not to mention the ones that he saw the night he'd lost his foot.

Food for Thought
Initial panic calmed, he moved on to the food-for-thought section. This question seemed a lot less invasive than the others, but he supposed that some people judged others based on what they did with their excess. He knew he did, sometimes. If it was a sweet pastry he'd probably save it for Forera, or maybe Cerpin? Definitely not for Thypion, it would make him sick. Yeah... He'd save it for one of his friends, whomever he met up with next. Probably Cerpin, Forera seemed to be very busy lately...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:18 pm

Api had come back to see if perhaps there was an answer to their last question- which... there wasn't just yet. They tried not to feel too disappointed, it was a very big question and clearly the booth runner would want to take her time with it to make sure it was answered correctly. Or, well, at least to her satisfaction. They could be patient - they would be patient. There were other activities that they could go do in the meantime, right?

Either way, they had yet another question pre-written. This one hopefully less... difficult.

Quote:

Ever since I was little I've had a hard time not being busy, because when I'm not busy, I start to worry a lot. How do I stop worrying so much? I worry about everything. But it's mostly the future that I worry about.

This time they at least waved to Psykgi before moving on. A few bee drones buzzed in a circular formation before trailing off behind them, probably their own greeting to Ma'am.

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:58 pm
Avvisi Quills

The tealblood pulled out her notebook, ready to grab the pen from its place in her hairband, as she approached the booth. Avvisi looked around, assessing the booth. She was here to write an article, and she was both intrigued, and uncertain. Mental health was not that big of a thing on Alternia. Sticks and stones yo, words do nothing. But, she still wanted to give the place a review, and not just skim through it, she wanted to experience it.

"Hello, Im writing an article for the ANBS on the bloodfest booths. Im excited to try things out." First, the inkblot. It was the cornerstone of psychological assessment. It was the first thing (probably) that people think of when they think of such things. Avvisi looked at the redblood at the booth. Was she supposed to just talk out loud about it? "Well, i suppose it resembles..." The tealblood squinted. Shapes popped out to her, and as she cocked her head in confusion, more of the picture morphed into actual things. Avvisi took a step back. This was weird. "A... ghost." She finally said, making up her mind. A ghost of what she once was?

The prompt made her pause too. It made her think. She absently answered. "A friend i guess..." But really, it made her smile. Media had become a grub shoot of petty drama, small minded fights, and whatever simple minded trolls would eat. She was just going to go into it. Do what she had to do.. but... if she could get trolls to think. Well, maybe media itself could change. Maybe one could even find truths, instead of continue to keep the blanket of simple minded entertainment over the truth, the facts, the actual meaning in life.

Avvisi smiled at the redblood booth owner. "Thank you, this is a great booth." The tealblood was assuming she would have some shallow popularity vote, then gossip about the booths. It was kinda how the media had been lately.

But.. the booth made her think. She didnt want petty things that just got fed to the masses. She wanted to make trolls think.  
Historical & Archived Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff