Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:40 pm
"I mean, yeah," said Melany. "What if I carry some kind of deadly genetic disease? I'd like to know ahead of time."

She startled slightly, something she did when she was realizing anew that she didn't, in fact, have a left arm.

"I don't think Silk would let anyone stab you," she said. "She seems pretty kind."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:05 pm
He laughed a little; he couldn't help it. "I meant from an emotional standpoint. If I have a disease, I'll have a disease and die, it's no big deal." Smiling, he took another piece of sushi and popped it in his mouth.

"Silk is real nice; I like her. She thinks pretty highly of you, too - maybe don't tell her I told you that." And boy oh boy was it burning on his tongue to tell her more, but it was Silk's secret to share, not his. "There's a risk of stabbing involved in anything, probably."

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:39 am
"Yeah," said Melany, "but what if I want to have kids? I wouldn't if I knew I was going to give them Death Genes. It'd be irresponsible. And like, what if it was neurodegenerative or whatever? I'd have to front-load all the fun stuff."

She sighed. "I really, really don't think there's a risk of stabbing in this. Or in, like, 97% of things we are likely to encounter."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:01 am
"Do you wanna have kids?" He thought for a moment. "You'd probably be a good mom, Mels."

He snorted at her sigh. "Alright, alright, maybe there's not." But maybe there was. Maybe Horace knew a little more about being of the receiving end of a scalpel than most. Now that was a depressing thought.

"I guess I... I'll find out if he's my dad..." Horace was going to feel so stupid and dumb when it came out they weren't even related, so why was he getting his hopes up?

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:07 am
HORACE MELANY GOT HER ARM CUT OFF WITH A SCALPEL COME ON

In more serious news.

"Maybe," said Melany, "I don't know. I don't think I'm a stable enough person to raise a child, but I like children, and I like taking care of people. Maybe I'll just be a cool aunt."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:24 am
MELANY WAS UNCONSCIOUS

"I think probably a lot of your instability was forced on you, so there's that." He rubbed the side of his head. "Well, you can be Nugget's aunt. He likes you a lot, even if he did gnaw on you... Sorry."

shibrogane
omg that made me laugh so hard

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:27 am
IT WAS STILL DREAM SHATTERING ELECTIVE SURGERY UNDERTAKEN TO SAVE THE WORLD

"It's okay," sighed Melany, "I forgive him conditional on him not repeating the feat. I don't think I'm very tasty."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:22 am
TRAUMA OLYMPICS

Horace's eyes grew far away for a moment, then he smiled. "He says bugs taste better than you, anyway, and that he wants to catch something delicious." The bat had flown off at some point, his furry ears twitching dramatically.

"Anyway, thanks."

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:44 am
YEAH BOY

"I'd hope so," sniffed Melany, "I shouldn't like to become bat buffet."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:59 pm
EVERYONE LOSES

Horace almost laughed at the thought of a bunch of bats roosting on Melany. "Batwoman. Next thing I know you'll be telling you you don't want to live in a cave."

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:26 pm
SO TRUE

"I would prefer to skip it," she said.

Then she looked down at her sushi plate. "I suppose I should be looking into moving back to my apartment," she said. "I mean, the danger's over now, isn't it? I haven't seen that weird girl in weeks, and I can't be triggered to hurt anyone."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:47 pm
"Oh," he said, pausing awkwardly. "I'd... well, I'd kind of forgotten that was a thing, you know?" Back to her familiar surroundings... it might be nice for her to return to some semblance of normalcy.

"I'm not kicking you out, so you can take your time." He waved his hand around. "I wouldn't say the danger's over, but I hope the brunt of it is mitigated. I... like, if you ever, ever see that weird girl again, call me, okay?"

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:20 am
"Of course," said Melany. "I should also definitely get a phone." She sighed. "That apartment's going to be so empty. Promise you'll come visit once I go back?"

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:44 pm
"Yeah, a phone might be a good idea. Wanna go with me Saturday to look at models? I gotta get a new screen for mine. Dropped it again while moving bodies." He grimaced. The floor in the basement of the funeral home was concrete and utterly unforgiving.

He suddenly looked directly at her, his expression serious. "Mels, you'd have to seriously booby-trap your apartment to keep me away." Then he laughed a little. "My house is gonna feel strangely empty, too. I haven't lived with anyone in years."

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:52 am
"Sure," said Melany, smiling. She looked back at him, her smile fading, and then she ventured, "Um. If you don't want me to go, I don't have to. I can like, pay rent and stuff. If ... I mean, if you wouldn't mind me staying. It's nice, not being alone all the time."

She wasn't making eye contact, which was pretty clear Melany-speak for being convinced she was overstepping her bounds.

"And I'd miss Nugget. Even though he bit me."

The Semblance of Unity

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas