[PRP] the artisan's market (shun & aodhan) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:08 pm
"Do you two just keep making things?" he asked with a raised brow.

As the young man moved over towards the counter, so did Shun.

"That is reasonable."

The fact that he took measurements was interesting. Then again, a custom blade was a custom blade, he supposed.

"I may have to commission you."

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:36 pm
A card was handed over to Shun, the name on it saying AODHAN BEVERLY in bold and crafter and smith of fine things under it in italics. There was a company name as well (dragonknight) and phone numbers. On the counter there was another card, though this one simply read JARO.

The one that was making dragons.

"More like things keep getting made and I have to convince him to part with it before he gets too attached for one reason or another. Jaro mostly does sculptures lately and I've been transitioning over to weaponry full time, though I do enjoy working with chainmaille to create jewelry pieces." His hand gestured over to a display beside him that had a piece setting out on cloth.

"It's the cost of the materials up front, the labor is paid after completion. If you've got something in mind, you can give me notes or direct me to the style you prefer. I'm between pieces at the moment anyway."

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:03 am
Taking the card, Shun briefly looked it over, then nodded. All the while, he was thinking about what he wanted exactly.

"Would you feel comfortable attempting a kissaki-moroha style tanto?" he asked. While he had created that other blade fine, that had also been on his own time, rather than by a customer request.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:43 am
"Absolutely," Aodh replied with a smile. "I would love to, actually. It'd be something challenging though it would take some time to craft."

He genuinely enjoyed working in what was essentially a forge to create blades. "Just don't ask me to make armor, I don't think I can pull that off."

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:01 am
"I do not mind it taking time. I would be concerned if something like that was made rather quickly, actually," Shun stated.

"And do not worry about armor. That is not something I am so keen on keeping around the apartment."

It would take up a lot of space compared to most weaponry.

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:00 pm
"Well then ... I have some books you can look through, if you'd like? To get an idea of what kind of metal you want the blade to be made of." Aodh was moving around the counter pulling out a pair of binders that had information in them about metals and their uses (what worked best for certain projects and so on).

"What would you want the hilt made out of?" he inquired.

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:17 pm
Shun furrowed his brow, not really wanting to read through books at the moment. Tentatively, he began to sift through the binders, squinting a bit at some of the text.

"The hilt... Any darker wood would suffice. Leather wrapping," he murmured while he thought about the blade. After taking some time, he pointed out a good quality steel.

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:29 pm
Thankfully it was mostly pictures with only a few notes here and there about what metal worked best with what.

Aodh was writing down the type of steel, a few more notes made for himself. "That's a good choice for metal. Let me ..." Another binder appeared, this one he was flipping through as he looked at wood.

The binder was flipped around, Shun shown the pictures. "There's ironwood and the blackwood. African blackwood can actually hold smaller details well if you wanted any detailing done to the hilt but both would be good for making a handle."

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:33 pm
Shun considered this for a few moments. Little detailing could be nice, but he always tended to prefer things on the simpler side.

"This one should do," he nodded, pointing out one of the ironwoods.

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:05 am
Aodh was writing that down as well before he was pulling out a small thin measuring tape.

"That tells me what I'll be making out of but let me see your arm for a moment? Your hand as well." Obviously. "I'll probably want you to come by during the process just to make sure the weight feels comfortable in your grip as well. Nothing worse than a nice blade that isn't balanced or is heavy in your hand."

Blade Kuroda

word count to here: 1248

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:54 am
With a curt nod at that, Shun complied to let Aodh take whatever measurements he needed.

"Sounds good. Just let me know when you need me to come by," he replied. He figured he'd be giving his contact information shortly anyway.

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:33 am
Aodh was quick and efficient with what he needed to get. Numbers were written down before he was spinning the paper around for Shun to put his information down.

"It'll probably be a couple weeks, just because I'm ordering in the metal and the wood. I don't have either grade on hand at the moment."

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:48 am
Shun went and carefully gave his name and number. After it was written, he squinted to try and double check he had it down right.

Once that was done with, he passed it back over to Aodh and nodded.

"That is fine. I am in no rush here."

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:21 pm
"Great," Aodh gave Shun a small smile, grey eyes crinkled at the edges. "Was there anything else you wanted to look at? I'm going to put an order in for these materials tonight."

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:51 am
"I would not mind browsing a bit longer, but that should be it for now," Shun nodded.

Azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces