azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:12 pm
Shiloh was the best but that was because Hellbine was getting to have a human snack instead of the ones for kitties that Nasir kept around. A low purr escaped as he cleaned Shiloh's fingers before butting his head against his arm where the roses had grown. Mostly because he was wanting to see them bloom.

"I can't really do much aside from I told you. Oh and, well, I'm a warg." Nasir grinned a little bit as he finished cutting up fruits (and some veggies) to put into the blender and make those everything smoothies.

"That's kind of cute, the leaves off the same tree bit ..." Chuckling, he came over with a cup and offered it to Shiloh. "Hellbine grows the fresh herbs for me in my flower box by that window there. He's pretty smart because I've been able to ask for specific things and he grows them."

Melancholies

word count to here: 1187

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:54 am
    The roses did bloom, but only at the behest of Hellbine's magic. It was kinda funny how their spells bounced off of one another; Shiloh enjoyed it quite a bit. "Warging is pretty cool though. I haven't really met that many?" America, now Nasir... "I mean, I can only do stuff like this 'cause I'm a Noble." Was Nasir at the ball? He honestly couldn't remember much from that night. Everything from the Summer and the time before that was a little blurry in parts. "I guess the magic just likes Hellbine, though."

He took the cup eagerly, sniffing at it before going to take a sip. It was pretty damn good, but he couldn't really taste... everything, even though he just watched Nasir put everything in there. "It's not bad." He marveled, "I mean, considering you put a shitload of veggies in there too." He shoved the rest of the potato skin into his mouth and chased it with the drink, apparently not bothered about mixing unconventional taste pallets.

"What's your warg?" He asked after a moment.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:09 pm
"Oh, so you're part of the Court?" Nasir looked back over his shoulder, as he was back to moving around the kitchen and working on cooking dinner again. "I was at the ball last year." ... which also outed him as being from the previous reality.

"I think you probably had it right. Same tree, different leaves or branches." His eyes flicked towards Hellbine who was definitely enjoying the fact that the roses bloomed my sniffing at them and then rubbing his flowery mohawk against them. It was affection for the roses as much as it was affection for Shiloh. Shiloh was his plantbro.

The bond was deep.

"Sometimes," declared Nasir, "you got to cross the streams, or mix in everything, to get things done. The other bit," a laugh escaped, "is that I've made similar and people have said they liked it. As long as I don't go too crazy with the vegetables, it's usually pretty good. Wil's sense of taste is pretty dulled so things have to have a unique flavor or taste to them for him to notice or like them." All that smoking he did was obviously the culprit.

He was happy, however, that Shiloh was enjoying the drink.

"Oh, it's a southern flying squirrel." His eyes closed, Nasir seemingly swaying on his feet, before they cracked open. "His name is Trouble." A finger pointed to the window where his herb box was and said flying squirrel was right there. "... your brother helped me name him, actually."

Unless it was a really weird coincidence that, you know, he had met someone who looked like Shiloh but was named Oliver. (Their appearances were too different for him to think they were the same.)

Melancholies

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:51 pm
    "Yeah, I'm with the Court." He scratched the back of his head, "I'd say it isn't so bad, except it kinda is. We're working to clean it up though, make it something less murder-party-every-party." He laughed weakly, nervously, "I mean, I like the powers it gives me, but it's... complicated. Whatever. Anyway, this smoothie is great." The swift topic change meant he wasn't really keen on speaking about it, at least not presently.

"And that's cool too, your warg I mean." He sipped the smoothie, "I know a girl who can warg, but she has a bird. I dunno why I never thought you could warg mammals too." His eyes lit up, "Holy ********>, do you think you could warg a turtle? I wanna see someone warg a ******** turtle." He paused again and then gasped dramatically, his head craning down to look at Hellbine wondrously, "Could some warg you? I'd warg you." He scritched Hellbine behind the ear.

"Ollie would name an animal that. Anything that ain't his ********' cats is a menace or something." He wrinkled his nose and sniffed. "I didn't know you met him though. Usually people who do always do the stupid gawky, 'oh my gosh! You look like, exactly like someone I met!'," His voice got dramatically high (as high as it'd go, anyway), "No s**t Sherlock. I got a goddamn twin."

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:55 pm
Nasir could understand, were he someone different he might have pressed. Instead he just nodded and let it drop away. His expression brightened at the mention of a bird. "You mean America? She's my coworker. Well, a friend too but we do work together. She helped me through, um, the beginning of it? Like how to deal with the fact I was suddenly seeing the world all different."

He laughed a little bit, shaking his head. "I don't know? I mean there was a woman who warged a dog? So I assume cats could be too ... Though I don't know about othercats. They're already kind of scary smart for an animal ..."

Hellbine meanwhile booped his nose against Shiloh's because, duh. Obviously he could be a warg familiar. Except his people dad was a Noble and, more obviously, he was a princess. Not a warg familiar. Being a princess came first. Well, after being a messenger. Messenger Princess. There it is.

Nasir tried valiantly to not bust out laughing but Shiloh's impression (and higher voice) had him holding an arm around his side. "Yeah, he ... found me in the park when I was trying to get Trouble to come in from the cold. That was the day I really formed my bond with him." A lock of hair was loosened from a hair clip and he pulled it out to put it back in place. "I grew up around a pair of twins and one set of triplets. You don't do that. It was already old by the time you were like thirteen, I'm sure."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:08 pm
    Shiloh snorted, "It was old from the get go. I mean, I guess tripping people up was still kinda funny, but only as a result of that? Playin' the people who made a big deal outta' ******** nothing." He booped Hellbine right back, apparently undaunted by the nose touching. "That's weird he stopped to talk to you though. He's kinda antisocial."

He thought back, "Unless it was during the were thing? ********' moon period was making him a grouch." He laughed, "Sorry, I guess that's kinda mean. The other moonwalkers I know never got like that though."

Then again, Preacher had threatened him and Lily had full on hit him.

"Okay, I take that back, it'd make anyone grouchy." The star example though... "Now Jamie, he doesn't get like that. Maybe it's 'cause he's a rabbit. But he's like the best rabbit. Mostly 'cause he's my rabbit, but not in that creepy possessive way, it's like the endearing mutual way." Some days Shiloh Beaumont was dead to the world. Other days Shiloh wanted the world dead. Today was apparently a good day, because he was rambling off like a parrot.

"Anyway," He waved his hand as he chugged the rest of the smoothie, "Can you make Trouble come to you? I wanna see him."

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:29 pm
"Oh! Yeah, I think it was? He seemed really antsy and it reminded me of my sis, Lils when she was going through all that." Nasir paused, turning the heat down on the stove. "Well, she's not really my sister, we just claim each other and siblings."

He smiled a bit more just because hearing Shiloh talk about Oliver that way was nice. Family was a good thing and everyone really needed it in their life. The talk about Jamie actually pulled a bigger smile from his face.

"I know exactly what you mean. I feel that way about Wil. He's mine, I'm his, we're equally eachother's and I'd never want it any other way." The promise ring on his finger was spun around, Shiloh thankfully distracting him with his question about Trouble before he went too far off.

"Oh! Yeah, sure." Moving to the window, he opened it up a crack. Eyes closing for a moment he focused on that bond between them, a wordless query if Trouble would come in asked.

Seconds later the flying squirrel was poking his head inside, sniffing at the air, and doing a running leap from Nasir's torso before he climbed up. "While I'm looking after him closely," he said, a hand coming up to pet along Trouble's spine, "I'm trying to let him do his own thing, not treat him so much like a pet. We'll both be stronger for it."

Melanjollies

word count to here: 1969

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:00 pm
    "Really? I guess that makes sense." He watched Trouble curiously, "I mean, I guess familiars are prolly a little more clever than regular animals. It's prolly more like a partnership than an ownership, huh?" He grinned at the squirrel, though he was still giving Hellbine plenty of attention.

"He's super cute though. It's cool that you have one another." He was very pleased with this encounter, all things considered. Also, maybe one more potato skin wouldn't hurt...

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:52 pm
"Yeah, that's ... Well, I mean I didn't look at it that way at first but then I talked with Sonny and they kind of helped me realize that." Nasir moved to the cabinet and pulled out what was clearly some kind of protein cube thing for Trouble. He set him down on the counter near where Shiloh and Hellbine were sitting.

Which absolutely meant the moment the protein cube was gone, Trouble was sniffing and nosing towards them both.

There was a smile on his face at what Shiloh said and he nodded. "It is. I mean, it's stupid sounding but it's ... kind of nice making a place for him within my mind and, um, heart." Which was the stupid sounding part. "... but I don't think I would want to not have this bond now, you know?"

Melancholies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:48 pm
    "You talked to Sonny, huh?"

Something... strange, glinted in Shiloh's eyes from that. His conversation he'd had with America wasn't lost on him. He didn't want to doubt people, but everyone was a possible culprit at this point. Seemingly startled by his own accusations, he shook his head from the thought. "They know a lot about magic, so I'm not surprised I guess. I'd definitely take their word for it."

He watched Trouble with wide eyes, his finger extending towards the small squirrel experimentally. "I don't think that sounds very stupid." Shiloh said, "Maybe kinda gay, but not stupid. I'd say s**t like that too if I had a magical soul-bonded animal."

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:09 pm
"Yeah, I had to make sure she was alright. I wasn't, um. That thing that happened? In November? I wasn't there for it. Couldn't really get out of bed much then because of the migraines I was getting from my warg bond that was forming and Trouble pulling me along for rides." For a moment Nasir looked upset, as if his eyes were starting to water.

"Sunny," note the difference, "was very important to me. She was the reason I stayed in Ashdown and-" He swallowed thickly. "Sonny is like her but not, you know? Not that I don't want them to be okay too, it was just ..." His hand flicked through the air, a nervous gesture that lead to him fidgeting. "Either way, yeah, I'll take their word for her. Never gone wrong with trusting them."

He had a half-smile on his face, chuckling and nodding his head in agreement as he watched Trouble press his nose to Shiloh's finger. Apparently whatever he sniffed and smelled he liked because the next moment he was bounding up his arm, onto Hellbine a moment, and then onto Shiloh's shoulder. There were flowers inside how was this possible.

"Well, I'm kinda gay so ... I guess that makes sense." He laughed a little more. "Okay, very gay." Especially for his boyfriend.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:05 am
    "Oh, so you weren't there, you just know about it..." he seemed calmed, knowing this. Trouble crawling up his arm was an added distraction. "Yeah that's... complicated. Anyone ever tell you exactly what we did? I mean, we rebuilt the cage and redid the sigil, that's obvious, but..."

Shiloh looked sad, though he wasn't choked up with emotion. "We caged Sunny 'cause she started flipping out. That's why Sonny's Sonny. I regret it a lot..."

"We're working on freeing them, though." He nodded to himself, evidently resolute. Turning his attention back to Trouble for a second, he let a tiny bud populate on his shoulder. "Make up for it and all that. They'd be fine if someone wasn't <******** with them."

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:53 pm
"Yeah, I ... heard enough about what happened." Nasir looked ill-at-ease at the idea that Sunny had been caged, that it was even necessary to have been done. Worse that it changed her to Sonny.

That the Sunny he knew was dead.

"Wait," he looked to Shiloh sharply, "what do you mean someone is ******** with them? Why?" They were Sonny- They were magic- It was unfathomable that anyone would mess with them at all.

(While Trouble was inspecting flowers and greenery, Hellbine meanwhile had sensed the shift in moods and was, of course, licking at Shiloh's hand before he simply nudged his head underneath it. Petting him would make things better, obviously, and the vines on the top of his head would twine around Shiloh's fingers.)

Melancholies

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:15 pm
    He shrugged, "So there's like, three principals that hold up the magic of reality," He was very nonchalant about this, "In the old universe it was Micheal, Aodelle and Heliodora." Shiloh was counting on his fingers, "I dunno who they are in this world, but apparently they can like..." A guilty look flashed over his face, "They can make Sonny do whatever they want them to do. The third principal is making them lie about them and stuff..."

He shifted, "People have figured out two of the principals, but the third one is missing. It's connected to the tree rot, so says Mercer." He drooped a little bit. "Means we have to be really careful about the balance of the world, I guess."

But he shook his head, "Didn't mean to get all serious on you, sorry." His grin was crooked, but meaningful.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:22 pm
"No, no, it's cool." Nasir gave Shiloh a watery smile. "I mean, I'm in all of this now, you know? I kind of need to know these things and, well. I might have nearly cried when I saw Sonny, 'cause ... like ... she's important to me? I cared about her and now she's gone though I still have an amazingly special friend in her place."

He was just about done with most of his dinner prep.

"If I can do anything else, like ... find that Principal or whatever ... I don't know. I want to help them. Especially if it'll fix things like tree rot," which was bad because he remember it from last time, "or make Sonny be ... safer."

Then, of course, there was the sound of the door opening and a bag hitting the floor in the front hallway. Nasir grinned. "That's probably Wil. You sure you don't like, want to give your boyfriend a call? Maybe you both can have dinner here."

Melanjollies

final word count: 2602

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas