[PRP] behind the door (oliver & gloom) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:20 pm
    Oliver blinked rather slowly. "Oh." It... made sense, if not for being being completely absurd. "Shadows that enjoy looking like martens. I guess I've dealt with stranger things." He sighed, looking rather exasperated. For the first time he gave the surroundings a good look around, especially now that he wasn't muddled with raccoon senses and the like.

He remembered his initial anger, "Wait! So you're the thing stealing everything?" He gawked, "I saw you playing with the merchandise!"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:46 pm
"Gloom isn't stealing, Gloom is borrowing!" Yet he was still a pancake on the ground, tail flicking guiltily. "... things get put back but some of this isn't from that store so it can't go back."

Which meant it was from the other store in the previous reality.

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:46 pm
    "That's my raise." He said definitely, even though he wasn't necessarily sure if it was or not. Cid never seemed too angry about things vanishing, but that was also because most of the things that vanished weren't necessarily hot ticket items. Emphasis on most, because Ollie honestly didn't know the value of most of the wears he dealt with.

He sighed, exasperated. "It's been driving me crazy—" His arms folded, "—Wondering where the hell everything was disappearing to."

He gave Gloom another once over. He didn't look particularly threatening. Actually, he looked more like a pancake. Take that, anxiety. Ollie: 1; Unreasonable thoughts: 2. He was catching up.

"Anyway, what do you mean that store?" The implication was lost on him.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:09 am
Gloom was most certainly a pancake at the moment. He would continue being a pancake that was mostly shadows on the floor, ears flicked back looking guilty, and with glowing white eyes that watched Oliver.

"Gloom likes leveling up his stealth skills but not if it's going to cost someone ..." His voice, normally soft and sweet, was now soft and sad. As if he had not considered that doing what he had done would mean someone wouldn't be getting their money they worked for.

His ears perked forward, nose twitching as he sniffed again. "Y'know how the other side changed but this place didn't? It's from the place before, not all of it from the one after."

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:27 pm
    "Oh, that store." Ollie seemed to understand now, "So it's from the other timeline, then." He took the moment to look around the store, slowly nodding to himself in the process.

"So Otherworld didn't change at all then?" He tilted his head, "That's weird. I guess I'm not really surprised. I don't know that much about this place." Or magic in general. It was a little frustrating, but he also had plenty of other things to worry about. "What do you mean by "level up" though?" He narrowed his eyes.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:04 pm
"Nah, this side stayed the same. It was only the other place that changed." Gloom started to form as a shadow marten more than a pancake but he was still mostly a pancake. "It's cause it's malleable."

The shadow hunkered down again at the last question. "... y'gotta do things over and over to level up. It's how y'get stronger and better and can do more for friends n'stuff ..."

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:37 am
    "Oh, practicing, sure." He nodded along. He wasn't sure why Gloom was using a video game allusion, but he chalked it up to being related to the 4th Wall and it's general aesthetic. Maybe it just attracted weird things. "I level up my music skills all the time."

That actually made him smile for a second, until he remembered he was talking to a thief. "Well, you can keep the stuff from that world then. No point taking it back when it doesn't technically belong here."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:52 pm
Gloom looked apologetic. As apologetic as a shadowy marten creature could look. "... can help y'take it back? It's mostly the stuff over there." His nose pointed to a corner because he had kept it separate.

Except the hand puppet he had been tussling with. That was also from the newer place but it had been his size to wrestle with.

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:02 pm
    He blinked, "If you wanted? I dunno how much of this Cid is actually missing." Why was he feeling bad for the pancake? He shouldn't, it was a goddamn thief. "Just make sure it gets back eventually, okay?" He huffed and turned his head off to the side, disgruntled.

azuredreams
tsundollie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:06 pm
"... tell Gloom what is missing and Gloom will bring that back?" His tail swished as he looked around at the stuff.

"Gloom- I try to make sure the place is safe on both sides." Speaking properly had him making a face but he was trying because Oliver had caught him being bad and thusly he had to speak properly.

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:39 pm
    "Well, I don't know off hand! Just that you have a lot of our merchandise. No, I'd have to go back to my side to procure a list, and then I'd have to figure out how to explain this to Cid next time we do inventory when all these things appear out of thin air again." He tapped his chin, "This is going to be very messy to fix..."

"Well, whatever. Why this place specifically? Do you live here or something?" He tilted his head.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:44 pm
"Maybe just bring it back just a little at a time?" Gloom genuinely was perplexed and did not want to cause trouble more than he possibly had already.

A happy chitter escaped. "This is my secret base! Don't have a home or any place but this one is nice and ... I just want to make sure it's okay. No matter what." Which was why he pounced onto the kyubey bean chair and hunkered down into it. "If y'help people y'gotta have a base of operations."

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:10 pm
    Oliver watched him curiously, "And... who exactly are you helping?" Did he have other shadow friends? Was it like a reenactment of Bambi except with shadow versions of all the animals? Or maybe like warrior cats but with warrior-shadow-martens. Who knew. He sure as ******** didn't. "I mean, I guess it's better than hurting things."

He was glad Gloom didn't seem malevolent anyway, just... naive. Like a child almost. "I'm Oliver by the way." He carefully scooted forwards closer to the chair himself, finally looking around the area to take the sights in.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:35 pm
"Visitors like ya!" Gloom was pleased with this. "Gloom is- Iam the Friendly One, sometimes the Playful One but mostly the Friendly One and I always help. Y'don't always know stuff when y'end up here and I can help. Try to make sure that no one gets hurt n' stuff."

He rolled around on the kyubey beanbag chair and, aside from that, it seemed like the fourth wall basement was a mishmash of things from different eras but it was all in good shape and taken care of. There was a pile of books next to his beanbag bedchair that looked as if he was reading them. This all looked as if this truly was a secret base except a secret base in this case was a club house. "I am Gloom," he replied, "and it is good to meet y'Oliver!"

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:11 am
    "That so, huh?" He couldn't help it; in a rare bout of laziness he kicked back, laying out on the floor with his chin in his hands. Sure, he was kind of technically on shift in the other side, but time worked differently here, right? Holy ********, what if he snuck off here to nap or cram extra study hours in?

"A lot of people tell me this side is really dangerous. Or can be I guess." He yawned, "I mean, I believe them, but I have yet to encounter anything dangerous over here..."

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces