[M4] Consequences Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:14 pm
How long have the meta players been gone for ICly? As in, was their time spent in the veil just a "blink" for their family/friends/normal civillians in the current world or was it days/weeks/etc that they were actually physically gone? (Sorry if this question reads weird I'm like half awake)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:55 pm
to what extent can a character's history/life setting be changed (a character who remembers pre-event) within the confines of this new world?

should magic knowledge just be slightly insinuated in or can larger changes be made?  

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:38 pm
So, just want to clarify, Juniper has no clue where the money came from or is it something that I, ooc, choose for her to know?

Also, what sort of jobs are people with magic sort of'pushed' towards?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:52 pm
medigel

What happens if Jack bangs on a door that someone has magically sealed?

aka able to open any door vs someone's ability to keep any door closed

The door is destroyed by the conflict of an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object.

The Semblance of Unity
how exactly does preacher's create-a-mini-sigil magic work?
draw symbols, bleed on them, think at it, magic?

Yes, basically!

endejester
if the change of clothes involves things like 'hair pins' - does it put Zac's hair up as well?

No, it applies only to articles of clothing that we would call "clothing". So not jewelry or bags or suchlike.

Daekie
Does Alexis' ankle bracelet activate if they enter Other Ashdown, or only if they leave the city limits?

Only if they leave city limits.

Smerdle
what is squeep status from a community standpoint? do they go to school? is it just like "oh, it's those kooky vaughn kids again" or is there a more widespread fear or avoidance of some sort?

I had personally imagined them as Secret Childrens, but if they were to be out and about in public they would be permitted to attend school. Community opinion would likely be cautiously friendly and/or distant.

chiickadee
how does civ -> dreamer work now? do people know what causes some to be magical and others not to be magical?

if other ashdown isnt well known, do people have any idea of the source of magic? do people still dream of it/experience it when they get their magic powers?

re: chel specifically; when u say spotty as hell does it mean it backfires on her or does it just not work at all or ???

also the only magic she had before didnt channel all seeing at all save for her one temporary power from him and im not sure what "magic drawn through all seeing" means pls 2 clarify i am just a lost baby bird /cries

edit: oh yeah- are heliodora & co still dead and what not in this timeline?

Civ->dreamer works the same as it ever has, and there is no firm evidence as to why some people are magical and some aren't.

The source of magic is a great big ??? and the process of getting magic powers remains the same.

That's up to you. I picked an unclear word so that if you preferred backfiring, you could do backfiring, and if you prefer it just not working, it can just not work.

The one temporary power always works. All others work as she intends maybe 50% of the time.

Heliodora, Michael, and Adoelle are quite dead.

Melancholies
How long have the meta players been gone for ICly? As in, was their time spent in the veil just a "blink" for their family/friends/normal civillians in the current world or was it days/weeks/etc that they were actually physically gone? (Sorry if this question reads weird I'm like half awake)

Meta players experienced the missing time as four or five days. However, they are entering the reborn world on December 18 2016: family/friends/normal civilians will not have noticed them missing as there was another them in their place previously.

iloveyouDIE
to what extent can a character's history/life setting be changed (a character who remembers pre-event) within the confines of this new world?

should magic knowledge just be slightly insinuated in or can larger changes be made?

You can change your character's history and context as much as you like. No limits.

I'm not sure what you're asking, but I think you want to know how much an average person would know about magic? The answer to that is: the average person knows about as much about magic as your average non-particle-physicist knows about particle physics. So, your average civilian knows not very much, and most of it's wrong. There are plenty of buzzfeed articles ("22 Things You Didn't Know About Magic!") that are completely incorrect...

Kolina
So, just want to clarify, Juniper has no clue where the money came from our is it something that I, ooc, choose? smilies/icon_smile.gif

Also, what sort of jobs are people with magic sort of 'pushed' towards?

Juniper has no idea where the money came from AND it is something you, OOCly, choose.

People with magic are pushed towards the military or government work. Cops are an excellent example. They're pushed away from medicine, teaching, etc. Most people with magic choose it keep it a secret for this reason.  

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:58 pm
follow up because im me

are heliodora/etc dead for the same reasons tho? like did they do the ritual & go missing & get reported on tv and etc etc  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:01 pm
chiickadee
follow up because im me

are heliodora/etc dead for the same reasons tho? like did they do the ritual & go missing & get reported on tv and etc etc

This world does not seem to be aware Heliodora, Michael, and Adoelle ever even existed. :> As for if the ritual was completed... WELL THAT WOULD BE TELLING WOULDN'T IT OvO  

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:58 pm
Can Marcus control-
Whiskey alcohol content, taste, flavor profile, age, brand, mouthfeel, temperature, and finally- quality.

This is v important okay legit. How else is he going to get by the next meta or enjoy his days off.

edit: WAIT DOES HE ALSO GENERATE AN ACTUAL GLASS TO HOLY s**t THATS A LOT OF SHOT GLASSES  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:17 am
On the topic of law enforcement... even though magic is pretty rare, have things like anti-magic cuffs/jail cells been developed for the sake of suppressing magical criminals?  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:34 am
i'm back <3

do squeeps and fetches know something has happened, but maybe not exactly what? are they aware that things used to be different? something else? potato?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:11 am
how'd this affect the progression of events at blackfriar and the fairy ball? anything signif besides the teens not being there? or is this now something to Investigate  

cibarium
Crew

Noob

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:59 am
iStoleYurVamps
Can Marcus control-
Whiskey alcohol content, taste, flavor profile, age, brand, mouthfeel, temperature, and finally- quality.

This is v important okay legit. How else is he going to get by the next meta or enjoy his days off.

edit: WAIT DOES HE ALSO GENERATE AN ACTUAL GLASS TO HOLY s**t THATS A LOT OF SHOT GLASSES

Nope. He can only generate "two fingers of whiskey", and the glasses disappear once emptied.

Blade Kuroda
On the topic of law enforcement... even though magic is pretty rare, have things like anti-magic cuffs/jail cells been developed for the sake of suppressing magical criminals?

A lot of attempts have been made, but there's nothing even 40% effective as yet. Every magic user uses magic differently, so what works for Test Subject Crazybeans will not work for Random Criminal Lawless. Every few years the military says "Okay, this time we got it FOR SURE" and every few years they gotta eat their words because they don't have it. In most cases, a magical criminal will be heavily observed by multiple law enforcement personnel and kept in ankle chains. Magical criminals convicted of murder tend to be, um. Put down.

Smerdle
i'm back <3

do squeeps and fetches know something has happened, but maybe not exactly what? are they aware that things used to be different? something else? potato?

Squeeps and fetches and all otherbeings know that something has happened, but not what. They know that the world has changed, but not how. :> The otherworld exists and is universally aware of the timeline/world hop.

cibarium
how'd this affect the progression of events at blackfriar and the fairy ball? anything signif besides the teens not being there? or is this now something to Investigate

A fairly cursory read through of internet search results would reveal Blackfriars never happened. As for the fairy ball, you will have to investigate that one wink  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:33 pm
Ignore this! <3  

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:55 pm
i had like this great thing typed up for you to read as well as a question but then i lost it.

so now you just get the question.

re: magic is a thing/known quantity

has everyone who has magic been magic from childhood or does it happen spontaneously? like for people who have civs who become dreamers, i would imagine it's spontaneous? but could we say that our characters that are coming in have had the magic since 5ever?

(i'm so sorry for this ramble)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:08 pm
How weird is it in this new world for Jamie to have those darling eldritch fish? Would it be on the same tier as magic technology? Is keeping othercreatures any more common now than it would've been before (i.e. those with othercats)?

Mostly I wanna know how eccentric people would think he was if he tried to share pictures of his babies. ó u ò  

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:15 pm
Could we maybe do a thread in the plot subforum for players to post the retconned elements their characters are coming home to if they want to? I'd love to get a bigger picture of things going on with other folks the same way you set up here.  
information services

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff