[PRP] on your left (shun & jeremiah) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:53 pm
Shun's mouth opened a bit at that, but it soon just closed right back up. That sounded one hell of a headache, to say in the least. That was also a report he hadn't checked out when he was digging around for past occurrences in the town awhile back.

"Please tell me they have not tried anything like that on other spring breaks or whatever since then."

This brought on a thought of mischievous fratboys with magic powers. He quickly stopped that thought as he really didn't want to think about what sort of things they might try to pull if they had access to special powers and magic and whatnot.

After a going halfway around the track, the younger detective began to pick up some speed. He wasn't about to start breaking off into a sprint or anything like that. He did need to save some energy for the parkour park after all.

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:45 pm
"Not for a handful of years," Jeremiah replied, keeping in stride around the halfway point of the track. "Give it a little while and that crew will have graduated and moved on and some other crew will try something."

Of course then he started to slow a little, just to let Shun get ahead of him because-

Well.

If this worked like he thought it did ... It was kind of ridiculous.

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:51 pm
There was just a grunt as an initial response to that.

"I cannot say that I am looking forward to when that happens."

Shaking his head, Shun soon realized that he was getting ahead of Jeremiah. He took a glance back, wondering if he was going too fast for the older man or something.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:51 pm
Jeremiah let out a breath, keeping a slower pace than he usually did. It wasn't like he couldn't keep up - he was in shape, it was a matter of personal pride - but that he just was not sure he wanted to be heard while he tried this.

Still-

The detective lieutenant let out a whoosh noise and started to run and it was entirely different. It was almost as if he was getting an energy boost but he was going at twice his normal running speed without any difficulty. Before he realized it he was already caught up with Shun and then he was past him.

It was oddly exhilarating.

Though making that low whoosh noise was a little silly.

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:56 pm
Shun was just about to slow down a little, when he thought he heard Jeremiah... make an odd noise. This was immediately accompanied by him running faster. A lot faster.

Stunned from the sudden burst of speed, he stared as the older detective zipped ahead of him. Cursing under his breath, he picked up speed to catch up, breaking out into a sprint even.

Despite this... it wasn't enough.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:34 pm
It was ridiculous.

Entirely ridiculous.

Of all the things that had turned out to be true-

Jeremiah kept it up, the woosh noise a constant, at least until he was already coming back around again and next to Shun once more. Blue-green eyes glinted even if his face was neutral. He was keeping pace again with the other, not saying a world.

Totally nothing strange going on. Nope.

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:49 pm
Shun continued to sprint as fast as he could, but it was a futile effort. He just watched as Jeremiah got further and further away as he ran faster than Usain Bolt on a gold medal run. Eventually, he was forced to slow down. There was no way he could catch up, and he didn't want to completely burn himself out. Besides, Mercer was right besides him again, acting as if nothing had happened just now.

The younger detective stared at him for a few moments.

"How..."

No. He knew the answer. It had to do with magic somehow. There was no way that had been natural.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:48 pm
Jeremiah just shrugged. "In all honesty, I've no idea how it happened." There was a brief pause. "That I can do it, I mean. The cause of it is more obvious."

He smirked a moment before he just laughed. "I got a tip that I should, of all things, go whoosh when I'm running. I just didn't quite expect that." Also that the whoosh part was a bit ... silly. Still it was clear that he was not winded at all from what he had just done.

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:07 pm
On the other hand, Shun was a bit winded, due to his attempts to keep up with the older man.

"Damn... well if anyone is ever running away from you on foot again, they are ********> he remarked.

"...Do you absolutely have to go 'woosh' in order to do that, though?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:13 am
"Certainly would have made being a beat cop when I was much younger easier." Especially when he had to chase down the odd purse snatcher or someone who thought running from the police was a great idea.

His pace slowed to a more leisurely one, glancing over to Shun once more. "It appears so. It functions as some kind of trigger for it."

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:56 am
With them going at an easier pace, Shun was able to catch his breath a bit. He could definitely see how that would have come in handy when chasing down a culprit. Not that it wasn't any less useful now.

"That is... odd. I suppose that is not too bad. It could potentially be worse?"

He shrugged.

"In any case, do you feel adequately warmed up, now?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:35 pm
"It's just a bit silly." Then Jeremiah was fixing Shun with a look before he continued on. ".... though I would prefer you not say something could be worse considering that is, in most cases, the way it goes. Let's not try to tempt fate more than we already have."

His shoulders rolled and he gave the younger man a curt nod. "I do. I assume you want to hit up that parkour course?"

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:40 pm
"Point taken," Shun grunted. He didn't want to think too hard on what other potential triggers could be.

At the next question, he gave a curt nod in turn.

"I have been looking forward to it. Might as well make use of it while we are here. That is, if you are up to that sort of thing."

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:24 am
"By all means," Jeremiah gestured for Shun to start walking towards the gym proper. "I'm sure it'll be fairly extensive if the owners built it."

The older detective stretched his arms out above his head and then lowered them back down. Never did wait until he heard his back pop anymore because that actually lead to more pain.

"I think it's actually supposed to look abandoned warehouse or that's what they styled it after."

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:44 am
With a nod, Shun started back towards the gym, so that they could make their way to the new parkour course. He hadn't really gone to any place that had a thing specifically built for parkour and freerunning. The cityscape just tended to have a few more opportunities for places outside that worked well for it.

"Interesting," he murmured before pausing and glancing to Jeremiah, "I suppose I should ask before we actually start any of that. Do you know proper falling techniques?"

It was an important skill to have for safety purposes. Even if Mercer hadn't really done much of actual freerunning, he figured he could have learned those things from something else.

Azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces