Submit

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:36 pm
Yukiko sniffled as he slid the ring on her finger. "It's beautiful, Anteros, I love it," she gushed happily, wrapping her arms around his neck as she returned his kiss. She laughed softly at his enthusiasm, but she was so very happy to see him like this. She made an adorable squeaking noise when he scooped her up into his arms, but she laughed again and slid her arms around his neck and curled into him as he carried her away.

She was blissfully ignorant of the lack of Pae on the island as they flew over it as her face was nuzzled against his neck. She couldn't quite believe this was all happening, and so quickly! She giggled softly as she thought this must have been the shortest engagement on record! She leaned back and admired his smile, curving her hand over his cheek as she thought about what had led them to this moment.

Once on the ground, she held tightly to his hand, knowing that this would be hard for him and that was without whatever his mother would throw at them. She only hoped that Venus could see how happy Anteros was and leave it at that. She couldn't help a smile and a blush as Anteros told Venus how he felt, and what they wanted to do. She squeezed his hand tightly, giving moral support as Venus' reply was certainly not what she had expected. Apparently there was something going on with the rest of the island and she had completely missed...all of it.

Yukiko bristled as Venus brushed them off, but she (probably wisely) kept her thoughts to herself. She nodded when Anteros said they should do as Venus said, sure that it would help their chances when the goddess finally came back to them. She laced her fingers with his as they flew to the resort. Once there, she kept hold of his hand in hers and ran her other hand over his arm reassuringly. "I would go through anything with you, love," she said and gave him a soft smile as she kissed him back. She followed his lead into a room at the resort that was far more resplendent than anything she could have imagined. Befitting, she supposed, the goddess of love. Though really, as the goddess of love one would think she'd have been happier that her son had found it...

She tucked her wings back and took the seat Anteros pulled out for her, leaning back and reaching up enough to lay one of her hands over one of his as he rubbed her shoulders. The sensation helped her relax and she breathed deeply, trying to quell the nervous flutters in her stomach. She knew that this was hard for him, but she wasn't sure what she could do to help except to be there with him and for him through it all. When Venus finally decided to grace them with her presence, the goddess completely ignored the blue angel and despite her usual demure nature, Yukiko was once again bristling. She wasn't agitated at the treatment she was receiving from the goddess, that much she had expected. It was how she was treating Anteros, like this decision had been something easy for him. Like he hadn't thought about this long and hard. And worse, like he could have thrown the angel aside in favor of any number of lovers. Yukiko would have thought that, of anyone in the world, Venus would have understood, would have wanted her son to be happy. Wasn't that what any mother wanted for her children?

His words to his mother about the way he felt for Yukiko warmed her heart and she smiled lovingly at him. She had never once in her life imagined that she could mean so much to anyone, and just hearing him say such things brought tears to her eyes. The one thing that Yukiko appreciated from Venus was the recognition and praise that Anteros had deserved for so long. He had always ever done what Venus wanted of him, but it had been Eros who received her attentions. She glanced up at her fiance and smiled softly, glad that for once he'd gotten a nice word from his beloved mother. And then Yukiko could not even be irritated at being gestured to as if she were nothing more than a piece of furniture because she said yes.

Venus had given her permission for them to marry! She stared at the goddess in shock, and somehow managed a "Th-thank you!" before she was swept up by Anteros. She laughed and held him tightly. "I'm so happy!" she giggled and kissed him lovingly. "I can hardly wait," she said, her eyes shining with her own happy tears as well as the pure love and happiness she felt for him. "I love you so very much," she said, running a hand over his hair.
Irish Night Fox
HelMel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:33 am
~~THAT NIGHT~~

Pae assembled in the conference hall for the wedding. The room was decorated with tropical flowers and flowing, sheer fabrics. Hymnaois and a chorus of cherubs sang the ancient wedding hymns. Venus stood before the couple.

"ATTENTION, PLEASE!" called out Frank, the extra chubby cherub. "Thank you," he shrilled once the noise died down.

Venus nodded to Frank.

"You have all been called here today to bear witness to the union of Anteros and Yukiko. I feel some words in order to mark this occasion. I have not been in the habit of giving away my children; however, my son has shown the forthrightness needed for me to allow this pairing."

She turned at this time to address the bride. "Yukiko, I have tested you in the series of quests I gave you before. Tested your fortitude, your intuition, and your devotion. In these ways, you have passed. Even when I have treated you poorly, you did not waver from Anteros' side. In this way you have proven yourself worthy of my son."

Venus then turned to Anteros. "My child, you have been loyal to me. I have always been sure of your dependability, honesty, and sensibility. You have always been the most serious of my children and for that I will miss having you to myself dearly."

With a sweeping motion, Venus stepped back from the couple so that all eyes could be on them. "Please at this time exchange your vows."

Strawberri Stardust

Irish Night Fox

HelMel
Crew

Questionable Waffles

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:44 pm
Perhaps he should start putting a ban on Venus day parties for his household. Twice now his daughter had been caught up in a fiasco due to the goddess, and he wasn't keen on there being a third time.

Then again, how often did one get to see the wedding of a God? Tristen didn't think that was possible.

Would Harmonia ever want to get married? Ooooch. Maybe he needed to define their relationship more if they were to keep things up. He didn't want to hurt her, or be hurt himself. But he cherished the fact that they weren't defined, that there was no 'relationship' but for the moments that they were together, however brief they were. But addressing things would mean he would have to talk to her and that hadn't happened since she approached her mother. Talk about a sad looking goddess. More than his own worries he desperately wanted to know how to bring that smile back to her face.

Evilsilverdragon

"I don't think I've ever been to a wedding before." Adora spoke softly as she gave a slight tug on her arm. Yep. Tristen still had a vice grip on her hand. She wasn't going to be allowed out of the house for a while.

It was very fanciful. Maybe one day...she'd get married herself. She couldn't imagine her own wedding would be as lavish, but she was sure she'd love it all the same. But for that to happen she'd need a groom.

Lucius? The name popped into her head before she quickly shooed it out again. They were friends at best. But this trip made her feel strange things that she wasn't used to feeling before. Guess her own wedding would have to wait for a good long while.

From behind the curtain on the edge of the room, a pair of eyes stared from behind a mask at the father and daughter. Curious, very, very curious.

Oh her brother was getting married! Oh her brother was getting married. Serenity watched with wide eyes as she helped the last trickle of pae into the room. She knew what that meant. Being from Dolandar, with god blood flowing through her veins, she knew.

He was giving up everything for her. His powers, his home, his family.

How romantic.

She'd make it a point to visit them whenever mother allowed it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:48 pm
Since the moment they had been told a wedding would be happening, they had all been in a flurry of activity. Things needed to be setup and pulled together in just a few hours, and all hands were on deck. Cherubs ran back and forth trying to attend to the Pae guests while also doing the pair's bidding. Anteros wanted his soon to be bride's dreams to be fulfilled in the quick, but beautiful wedding. What beautiful lady didn't want it to look like a dream? Especially on an island resort?

A pin p***k was constantly nabbing him in the back of his mind. As he worked with his siblings, giving them jobs or requesting help from them he realized this could be the last time he'd get to be with them in this kind of setting. His heart hurt, but every time he thought about Yukiko walking down that aisle he couldn't help smile. She was his future and that was the focus. He'd miss his family, but the closer the wedding time came the more he excited he got and the less he began to think about it. Instead, he'd have to start focusing on them. What were they going to do when they went back home?

He fixed his tie for the hundredth time, fiddling with it thanks to his nervous energy. He knew he had been called out already, but he just needed a moment to collect his thoughts. He smoothed down the front of his suite, giving himself a look over in a mirror. He was about to give his whole life and soul over to another. After this ceremony he and Yukiko's soul would be bound forever. Most would fear such a thought, but it brought such comfort to him. He'd be with the one that always filled his thoughts, the one who's presence brought joy and comfort to his life. To share his future with her... It couldn't have come sooner.

He finally stepped out and made his way after the cherub who had summoned him. He waited just beyond the room filled with guests and waited for Yukiko to come to his side. A cherub announced her and he turned to her, his breath instantly catching in his throat, “Yukiko...” he murmured. He took a step back and a hand went to his mouth. Soon a giant smile filled his face as tears brimmed his eyes, “You are marvelous, absolutely breath taking.” he finally managed to get out. He realized he hadn't seen her since they had been told they'd be married that evening. Both had separated in order to handle different things... Not that they weren't use to being away from each other it just served as a reminder that it would be the end of that. No more sleepless nights wondering how she was doing or going out of their ways to plan a way to see one another. She's always be there.

He held out his arm to her, so ready to lead his soon-to-be bride down the aisle. To present to the masses the beauty that had stolen his heart. The one he was more than willing to give up everything for. He'd been hearing about it all day and he was actually proud of it. He was proud that he could demonstrate such a powerful love to her, she deserved it and much more. He'd figure out the 'much more' once he'd managed this first hurtle. It was still a fearful, heavy pit in his stomach, but with his love on his arm and both taking the same strides down the aisle it began to lift.

He saw the looks they were given, some of pity towards him and others of wow at her. How'd a mortal manage to steal the heart of a god? He couldn't hide the smile that brought. It was satisfying to see the question in their eyes. Yukiko was wonderful like that. She'd been so real and unlike any other he'd met, since the beginning. She'd fought for their relationship and their family. What more could he ask for in someone? All he'd ever wanted was someone who was loyal and thought the highest of him. She'd done that and more.

He could hear his mother speaking as they stood at the front with everyone watching them, but he couldn't really recall the words. He took his time tracing his eyes over every feature in order to capture every moment into his memory. He wanted to be able to reflect back on this in perfect detail. Everything had been a rush up to this, and he wouldn't let it go like that. Not the way she looked right now, he wanted this to slow down and be forever. How her hair sat on her head, her eyes shined with joy, their hands trembling as the held one another... or was that him trembling enough for the both of them?

Anteros' eyes flickered over to Venus and her words. Despite worrying she'd be angered by his actions, she'd shown amazing grace, and even wonderful compliments. It warmed his chest with a heavy emotion. Where had this been? Was this a part of the punishment he'd be receiving for choosing a mortal over his family? He'd get sweet words and be sent on his way as a sort of bittersweet ending? He supposed it was better than how it could have turned out...

He looked back at Yukiko, the grin appearing on his face again, “Yukiko..” he said her voice softly before clearing his throat in order to be heard by all. “You've been through a lot with this family, with me, yet you still hold on. You've stuck with me despite distance and the uncertainty of seeing me. You've built a family for us without needing or receiving help from me. I-i wish it could have been different, but at the same time it just proves how strong and dedicated you are.”

“You've sacrificed so much for me.” the words caught in his throat and he took a moment's pause in order to tuck some of her hair away, and grace some fingers over her cheek. To be willing to stay with someone... to be alone so much. What love. “Sacrifices I don't deserve, but I hope this helps show my love in return. I vow my soul to you. I wont be my own any longer, I will be yours. What was once mine is now ours, and what I do will not be for my own will, but ours. I am so ready to give it all up in order to be in fulfillment with you. I am ready to care for you, be there for you, and do what I must to ensure your happiness forever. I vow my life, soul, and all that I am to you.”

He then lifted her hand to his mouth to place a gentle kiss there. “I love you, Yukiko, with all that I am.”

HelMel

Strawberri Stardust

FA Venus
Crew

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:33 pm
Yukiko could not remember a time when she was quite this nervous. No, not even the time she'd told Anteros that he was a father. But her nerves weren't bad, and the thoughts running through her head were of the 'oh my guardians I can't believe this is actually happening' variety. Her stomach fluttered and her heart raced. Luckily the angel had had a fitting dress in her luggage; it was the same one she'd worn to the party but it would do as her wedding dress.

Wedding. Just thinking the word made her smile. The whole thing was more than she had ever dreamed of for her wedding. The island resort background, the decorations, the fact that so many Pae would be there to witness it. She was especially happy that most of her family would be there. Their family. Adelphos and Ruby would surely be in the crowd along with Amynta and Carnelian. Idly she wondered when Adelphos would ask Ruby to marry him. Anyone could see how they felt about each other, and she was so very glad he'd found someone he loved as much as Yukiko loved his father.

Joyous tears slid down her cheeks as her hair was pinned up, and her hands shakily smoothed down the beaded white silk of her dress. Soon she would be married. Soon everything she'd ever wanted would be coming true. She couldn't help but feel an ache in her heart for what this meant for Anteros. For her, he was giving up everything he had always been. She didn't like that very much; she knew he would miss his mother and his siblings, but at the same time she knew that if he didn't absolutely want this as much as she did then he wouldn't have asked her. She smiled softly at this and brushed the liquid from her face. Today would be one of the happiest days of her life, hands down.

She had to keep herself from running to him the moment she saw him. As it was, a radiant smile broke out on her face and her heart skipped so many beats she wasn't sure it would ever right itself. His compliment made her cheeks redden and she reached up to wipe the tears from his cheeks. "I'm glad you think so," she murmured in response. She badly wanted to kiss him, but after having been parted for so much of the day, she thought a little longer wouldn't wait. Surely the ceremony wouldn't be that long. Though if she were honest she didn't care how long the ceremony was. As long as at the end of it, they belonged fully to each other she would be happy. "You look so handsome," she said with a smile, looping her arm through his and laying her other hand over his wrist. Touching him just felt so good, so right, she couldn't seem to stop. It was with a thrill of excitement she realized that after today she wouldn't ever have to.

Her grip on him tightened ever so slightly as she caught some of the looks they were being given. She told herself to ignore the pitying ones, and to focus on the happier ones, but a lifetime of self-denial and low confidence kept a tiny ball of nerves in the back of her mind. But when they made it to the front, just before Venus, everything else faded away as she looked up into the face of the man she loved. It wasn't until the goddess spoke her name that Yukiko even realized she'd been speaking. With great effort, she turned to glance at Venus, her words making Yukiko flush. Nothing that Venus had put her through had ever seemed as valiant as the goddess painted them. She had done those things because she loved Anteros, and because he loved his mother. And because of that, she passed the goddess' muster.

She turned her attention back to Anteros at her name on his lips and blushed for an entirely different reason. His words, his vows to her, made more tears slip down her face but there was no mistaking the joy and love in her eyes as she listened. When he had finished speaking, Yukiko had to clear her throat of the emotions he'd stirred in her. "Anteros," she started, suddenly once again aware of their audience. Her voice shook lightly at this but she squeezed his hands in hers and continued with a confidence she had only ever known with him. "From the day we met, I knew that you were different from everyone else. By the end of the night, I knew you would always be part of my life. I just didn't know then how big a part you would be. Everything I've done since then has been because I love you, and I would do all of it over again without a second thought, without changing a single thing. You've always been in my heart, and I would take you any way I could get you. All of this... Only in my wildest dreams did I imagine we would be able to do this."

She took a deep breath then, her smile becoming a little more sober as she continued. "I still think you're crazy for sacrificing all of this just for me," she said and her smile widened again. "But you're my crazy. I vow my soul to you. Everything I have always been, will ever be, will be yours, ours. Every last beat of my heart will belong to you from now until our last breath. I vow to be everything you need, everything you want. I will always be there for you, and there is nothing that could ever make me waver in my love for you. I vow to be yours: body, heart, and soul, forever."

Her heart still raced, but she felt a calm come over her. "I love you, Anteros, with all that I am."
Irish Night Fox
HelMel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:40 pm
Having not seen Tristen since the events in the jungle had not improve Harmonia's mood. Combine being separated from her comfort and the agony over losing her brother, the Deity was in a right state. When she put herself aside, the call of harmony was as clear as a drum beat. It took really looking at Anteros and Yukiko to know they were right. At this junction there wasn't likely anything she could do to stop anything no matter how she mourned her brother giving up everything.

Who was going to keep the others inline if not Anteros? While never the most carefree of the siblings, he was the one to make things right when they got out of hand. The court of Venus was losing a key player in its harmony. That troubled her a great deal.

So, no matter how torn she felt about the affair, it was her duty to preserve the blessed harmony. When her brother asked any of her, she was quick to step up and assist in any way she could. More tears would be shed this night.

Taking a little time for herself, she changed out of the wasted bikini and back into her corset and flowing skirts. A simple translucent golden cloak and her hair pined up in curls was the extent she went towards her own appearance. Instead she utilized the time to send the cherubs out to gather a few things for herself among their duties. She had them gather flowers that would remind her brother of Home, both the one he was born in and flowers that one might find on the isle for Yukiko. In addition she secured it with her golden ribbon as a gift of her own blessing.

It wasn't a necklace so hopefully no one got concerned. This was a gift of harmony and a blessing.

As every pae filed in, Harmonia joined in sticking closer to the front to be nearer to family. How proud her brother must be, to receive Venus' praise and blessing like this. Something not even Eros had, something to behold. That and he was marrying his mortal lover. That made no sense to her, but is only sort of perfection all the same. In her hand was her gift and to her side was the gray tikicat that had refused to leave her just as she refused to be bother by him.

Briefly she looked to Tristen. Her expression was somber, and when she saw he was sticking close to his daughter she looked away. Had Adora been another woman and not his child, she'd have had issue. As it stood there was no ground for her to object even if she sorely wished to in his arms. Would Mother do this for her if she were to marry? The idea of tying herself to one pae didn't suite her but the question remained. This her brother's night, however, and that would be respected.

Tartara Seabreeze

Strawberri Stardust
Harmonia has a gift for Yukiko to give a bouquet before the ceremony or some time after as convenient

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

HelMel
Crew

Questionable Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:30 pm
Venus nodded, deep in contemplation. Yes, this would be the best course of action. She wasn't thrilled with the idea, but they seemed to be serious about this. She stepped back up to the couple and looked between them before addressing the guests.

"As you know, a god may not entwine his soul unless it be with another god or goddess. I cannot announce the pair as married unless they be equally yolked."

She paused to let the tension build, knowing this part would be killing Anteros and giving him one last chance to change his mind. Seeing his resolve, she felt it was time to continue.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:35 pm
"Please say your goodbyes to your former existence," Venus continued, her voice now cold. "You will no longer be as you were."

Light emanated from Venus and spread. It flooded the room in blinding brilliance.  

HelMel
Crew

Questionable Waffles

HelMel
Crew

Questionable Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:00 pm
User Image

The light faded to find Yukiko's wings among other things had grown and changed. No, not just her appearance; she would feel new power rush through her.

"Yukiko, you have shown my son unconditional love. Over this, you will now hold dominion. Snow Queen, you are now welcome on Dolandor and will be forever soulbound to Anteros. This final test was for you both. I had to be certain the bond was unbreakable before I ascended this Pae'il. You have both passed every obstacle I have set before you. Congratulations."

Here Venus wrapped the enclosed hands of Anteros and Yukiko with a thin silken cord. It began to glow gold. "This link will bind your souls forever." The cord faded and disappeared, absorbed into the two beings.

"You are now linked for eternity. Through all adversity, you will turn to each other. You will be the other's rock during strife, haven during despair, and constant companion in all things. This is the gift that I have bestowed upon you, my son and now daughter."

Venus embraced them to give each a personal sentiment. To Anteros, she whispered where he could hear alone, "I cherish your happiness." To Yukiko, she whispered where she could hear alone, "Hurt him and I'll claw your eyes out. Don't try me."

She then resumed her gracious smile as she addressed the guests once more. "It is my great pleasure to introduce these two as God and Goddess, Pae'il and Wife. Make with the smooches already!"

Venus turned away. She may have agreed to this, but she didn't like the idea of some hussy lip-locking her kid in front of everyone.

Frank the tubby cherubby then ushered everyone off for cake and reception goodies.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:13 pm
When the light cleared she expected to see her brother a mortal. To love one and be bound to one means becoming one. It was the moment she dreaded the most. Psyche was acceded but it wasn't something she expected to see again. Yet here it was, before her eyes was a Goddess.

Gasping audibly, her eyes could barely take in what she was seeing. Very quickly she went from somber to smiling brightly. This was amazing! Her family was still whole. It was better then that, it was stronger. Her brother had found the one for him and she had went through it all. Unconditional love was a beautiful ideal and its Deity was just as lovely.

While she couldn't clap because of the gift in her hands, she did tear up.

The Cherub was calling her away and she was unsure what to do with the item she held for them both. So naturally, she ignored the cherub and waited.

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:34 pm
Yukiko held tightly to Anteros' hands, feeling a twinge in her heart at Venus' words. Was the goddess going back on her words? Would they not be married after all of this? That seemed terribly cruel for the goddess. When she said to say goodbye to their former existence, she assumed she meant Anteros and once more felt sad that he had to give everything up for her.

At the sudden blinding light, Yukiko held tight to Anteros and shut her eyes against the brilliance. As the light faded, the angel felt a strange rush roll through her and she gasped at the feeling. Was this what the bonding felt like? She didn't think so; she didn't feel any closer to Anteros yes and besides Venus hadn't proclaimed them married yet. So what could-

Oh. Oh my. Venus' words rendered her speechless and she stared, awestuck. She was a goddess now? Her wings fluttered behind her and she gasped softly to see them; they were just like Anteros'. And the rush she had felt must have been...her new power? Before she knew it, Venus was tying their hands with a cord that glowed and disappeared within them. Yukiko smiled softly as she felt connected to Anteros. To her husband. There had never been a time when she was happier, and she so hoped Anteros felt the same.

Venus' private words to her were...well, kind of what she expected from a normal mother-in-law. Except this particular in-law probably would claw her eyes out should she ever hurt Anteros. Not that that would ever happen. She nodded her understanding, and still thanked the goddess for the most wonderful gifts of her son and her ascension. No reason to be rude, after all. Yukiko was sure that this didn't happen very often.

When told to 'make with the smooches,' Yukiko threw her arms around Anteros' neck and kissed him thoroughly. This was absolutely the best day of her life. When next they parted, Yukiko smiled softly and held him close. "I am most definitely the luckiest woman in all the world."
Irish Night Fox
HelMel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:26 pm
Following the wedding, Venus' guests would not be disturbed for the rest of their stay. The peaceful vacation they were promised in the brochure was finally fulfilled for those that may not have been scarred for life.

The Tikicats had been subverted, and each one of them was forced to apologize and offer retribution for kidnapping Venus' special guests and trying to feed them to their Thunderbird. During their interrogation, it was discovered that the island has been home to the tribe "forever" according to the chief. And one day, out of the sky, a giant storm cloud descended upon them, destroying the village with terrible thunder and lightning. When the clouds cleared, there was the Thunderbird, sitting upon the chief's throne. It was from this point on, the Tikicats worked hard to keep their Thunderbird lord appeased so he would not destroy the village again.

The Thunderbird, whose real name is Wakinyan, emerged from the sky in a great and terrible thunder strike. His origins are entirely unknown still, even to himself. He is unaware that he is a harpy and considered "extinct". He has grown accustomed to a life of leisure with the Tikicats fulfilling his every desire. When he saw the sexy, sexy females, instinct drove his entire being. The Tikicats knew the females of his kind would appease him so they offered the girl birds up to their god, along with a pot-ful of Pae stew in hopes they would please the Thunderbird god with such bounty.

As retribution the Tikicat tribe offered up each other. One by one, the Tikicats handed over their neighbor's kids, their spouses, the village idiots and a few slackers who couldn't be arsed to keep possession of their cage keys. Some volunteered because they couldn't live with the shame of failure. Others wanted to just see the world. And there might have been a few stowaways too.

The seemingly random powers that many pae were bestowed or cursed with are powers they will always have. These are the same powers each Tikicat possesses.

No one really knows what happened to the harpies during the final days of the vacation, because none of them were accounted for. However, they did seem to make it to the ship just before it left port. Some more worse for wear than others.

The voyage back to Telrunya was as smooth and relaxing as a Venus Day cruise should be.

In the weeks following the return to Telrunya, the harpies received little surprises of their own. Those that were able to eat the berries that the Tikicats provided gave an immunity to electrical charge. Which, well ... I'll let you all use your imaginations here.
(For the curious, those berries are native to the island, and that is how the Tikicats are able to maintain their own electrical immunity.)

Daisicle
Sparrow's lil surprises!User Image User Image

Irish Night Fox
Mayu's lil surprises! User Image User Image

Teigra
Nyra's lil surprises!User Image User Image

Antidia
Xia's lil surprises!User Image User Image

((For those concerned, staff are receiving these because we need to ensure there will always be an active male. There are two because Harpies always lay two eggs. Owners of these eggs may keep both or give one away. That will be altered in the breeding rules soon, as well. No longer have to give out extra babies if your pae has more than two.

When breeding with a male harpy, d100 must be rolled, any multiple of 11 will result in a boy. I had Dai, Ala and Ru generate a random number and only Dai was able to secure an 11. We set up a second chance with the berries and left it up to fate that whoever did not eat the berries, would have to wait for another chance.))

FA Mysteries
Crew

Dapper Hunter

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:48 pm
User ImageAfter the passengers left the vessel, while Venus' and her entourage relaxed and cooled off after a mostly successful holiday event, a large, dark hole of nothingness formed in Venus' suite. It grew with tiny tendrils of shadow reaching out to stretch and pull the void larger.

The Goddess of the Underworld walked out of the void and into the plush room. Persephone only offered a stoic glance before laying her eyes upon Adonis.

She extended a delicate hand, palm up towards her lover. "My dear beautiful Adonis, it is time to come home. Venus has had her turn."

This time, Persephone offered a coy smile while raising an eyebrow towards Venus. "Of course, that is he wants to."

HelMel
Venus

Fea Line
Adonis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:05 am
User Image

Adonis was relaxing in the suit with his beloved and his new found bird friends after everything that had gone down. The mortals and harpies were rescued from the silly little masked cats and the shocking male bird. A Goddess was made and married off to a God, There was cake, celebrating, zappy eggs and best of all, Venus's nail had been repaired. The birds twittered happily about the events as the well oiled bod of the god of desire reclined into a plush chair. "Aahh my little friends. Job well done today my fine friends!" he cooed back to their many voices with his new found powers.

At least that was until they all scattered as dark shadowy tendrils began to appear from an all to familiar void. Adonis's eyes went wide from brief surprise, his usually flexing body rigid. He watched as it grew larger and larger and from its center stepped the beautiful babe that he had spent quite some time with. And she was here for him. Right.....

Standing up slowly, Adonis did his best to keep that smile on his face. There was no telling what Venus was about to do, but he knew what he had to do. "Persephone..." He moved towards her, hand reaching for hers, then stopped. He glanced back at Venus, his love. It felt like there had been tension between them at first, but on this trip they seemed to have some good times. Though the fact remained, he hadn't chosen to die, not on purpose anyways, and Persephone didn't have to bring him back to life. So in a way, he felt he owed it to her. She gave him life again so he could come back to his love, to flex, to teach mortals hot yoga, to converse with all his new bird friends!

Dropping down on one knee, posing a most mighty flex, Adonis raised one hand into the air and proclaimed loudly. "I have a duty to uphold... in repayment of restoring my life, I must bestow these muscles as gift..." he stated then pivoted his hand towards Persephone and let it sink into hers. Venus would probably now hate him forever. A frown tugged at his lips at the thought. He did truly love her, even if she seemed.....different... after his whole death ordeal...

But who said she couldn't come with?! "Venus my love... I must repay her.... but I must ask you..." he paused, rising to his feet, taking his other hand and extending it towards her. "The more the merrier." he grinned, waggling his brows at her as he flexed an arm, kissed his bulging muscles, then blew it towards the pink goddess.

Antidia

HelMel

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:37 pm
Part 1 of wrap up, island wrap up

After the wedding, Tristen and Harmonia reconnected. While he didn't know what had upset the Goddess, Tristen's charm was quick to fix her mood. While the two talked, the tikicat shadows made their appearances known. First was the adult male that had followed Harmonia around. His rude behavior saw the staff confiscated briefly.

Tristen agreed to take the tikicat home with his family as Harmonia could not take the creature to her home. They quickly discovered a language barrier as the tikicat spoke something along the lines of nonsense. Still, they were able to understand each other enough to gather names. Zoboomafoo quickly took to the orange baby tikicat that followed Adora.

With the Tikicats occupied with each other, and Adora squarely grounded, the adults had the time to themselves. Tristen and Harmonia happily reconnected, and finally got that swim. They enjoyed the rest of their vacation even managing to get some sunlight in.

The wedding had been spectacular in all ways, especially her new sister-in-law. The stunning behavior of Venus would be what she would never forget. Her mother praised the couple and acted so graciously over the whole thing. There was no need to tell her brother how lucky he was, just watching him look into the eyes of his bride, and she knew he was well aware of it. After waiting for a short time, she nabbed a passing cherub and handed him the blessing gift. He was instructed not to leave the couple’s side until they retrieved or leave it in their suite on the boat if he failed that.

With that task completed, the Deity quietly slipped away from the newly wedded couple and Venus. Mother was busy as it was, getting her attention was hard enough on a normal day. This, this she didn’t even try. There was a passing thought to her Father. Did he care one way or another? That was probably another no. If Mother got married to flex-for-brains then he might care. Oh that would be a wedding not to miss. Standing once more between the party and the wedding, she gives a last sigh and turns to walk towards the gathered mortals. At the moment she hadn’t sought Tristen out. For feeling so ignored, she knew it was being contrite not seek him out of all of them. He had Adora to look out for and at last sight was staying close to her.
~~~~~
A beautiful ceremony, with a surprise twist! So...was that how Gods and Goddesses were made? Seemed far less magical to see that one could simply become a God, than believing they had always simply been and were untouchable.

Perhaps they weren't so different then from mortal pae?

As the ceremony wrapped up, his eyes flicked at a golden movement. He knew that movement. Harmonia! Surely enough time had passed, he had given her space. Perhaps she'd appreciate his company now? "Adora, I'll catch up with you later. Please, don't get into any more trouble, okay?" With a rather uncharacteristic firm look, he made his way towards the golden goddess of his own dreams.

~~~~
Looking in the completely wrong direction, Harmonia’s mood soured further when she couldn’t see Tristen. Had he left already? Distressed and unhappy enough as it is, the Goddess of Harmony was not being very intune with her own surroundings. Her quick turn on her heel caused a collision with the gray and black masked cat thing that had followed her everywhere despite completely ignoring it.

The creature made another distressed sound waving its weapon around clearly unhappy. When he noticed she was actually looking at him this time, he puffed up. Now with the weapon brandished the creature poked her knee to prompt his captive.
All this did was earn him a momentarily confused look. What followed was Harmonia taking the stick thing from him since he couldn’t play nice. It was at that moment she looked up and saw not only her Champion but he was clearly walking towards her. She could have missed him in her own world or the little distraction. Relief washed over her as she put on a smile, “My Champion, how fares your daughter?” It was Adora that concerned him that much she was sensitive about. Let no one say she was a jealous Goddess, it would get them hurt. Her concern for him went three feet beyond herself, after all.

~~~~

Was that one of those tiny pae from earlier? The ones who bound up his beloved daughter? Love for Adora caused his eyes to narrow suspiciously, but compassion for others relaxed him again. Surely not all of them were bad, he shouldn't judge immediately. "Good! Grounded for a while, but good." Her smile could light up a room. He flashed his own grin back, continuing to walk until he was beside her once more. The thought to give her a welcoming kiss crossed his mind, but they had company. "I still haven't thanked you properly for helping me find her."

~~~~~
They weren’t in any danger, despite what Serenity and the mortals thought. Even looking at the masked pae that followed her around, she couldn’t imagine threat from them. Her sister would have to meet this one during her own talking to once this is all said and done. Putting that thought to the side for a later time, she responded, “I am very happy to hear that she is well.” Probably not happy about being grounded but at least she wasn’t harmed. Nothing fanciful as dangers from the maked creatures. No, the ribbon on her arm reminded her all the same of how a tree or rock could harm more mundanely.

He was right though, going out of her way for a mortal. Being her Champion’s daughter and a potential mortal follower did put her on a higher priority. That and the child’s abilities to create her own little harmonies with compassion.

So maybe it was alright, even so a thank you would always be welcomed. “I am afraid I was preoccupied after you found her. “Extremely distraught and willing to leave completely but he really didn’t need to know that. If all the other mortals could be have, there were still a days to come for a through thank you. “I am glad to see the end of your distress.” It would be horrible of her not to look after those she called her own.
~~~~~~~~~
So was he relieved. If anything happened to Adora, he'd...he'd...

That was a thought he wouldn't even entertain. At the mention of her being preoccupied, his cheerful expression turned to one of concern. He wanted to just pick her up and wisk her away from all the eyes around them. "What was the matter then? I was gone for a minute, and when I came back..." It looked like some pae had kicked her puppy.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Harmonia looked back to where her Mother, brother and sister-in-law were with an unreadable expression. Looking back to Tristen she answered with a sigh, “I cannot talk about it here.” This was a happy event and even if she was still in her own turmoil, she’d at least leave it until they couldn’t be in earshot of anyone important.

The tikicat plopped down on the floor sitting just watching the two, or not it was hard to tell with the mask.

Here was a question she didn’t want to ask, “Will you still accompany me for the rest of the trip?” As upset as he had been over Adora, Harmonia had a troubling concern that she’d have to find other company for a few days. Having to share any of the brief time she had with him during the only time she really spent with mortals was disconcerting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Following her gaze to her family members, he was quick to nod in understanding. He'd let it rest for now, but would certainly come back to it later when they were alone. He could either dwell on it though for now, or he could address a much happier topic. The smile was right back upon his face.

"How could I refuse the request of someone so kind and beautiful as yourself? Of course I'll still accompany you for the rest of the trip. Our time is so short together, I wouldn't want to spend any more time apart."

There was something else he wanted to address though. The male glanced down at the little tailed pae that was below him. "So...whose the little guy?"
~~~~~~~~~~~
His answer was the correct one, Harmonia instantly brightened up. Even her posture perked up somewhat as one concern fell like an overly heavy cloak. Leaning forward she kissed his cheek as almost a reward. “That is a relief, my treasured Champion. I do so covet what time we have.” It was just enough and never quite enough but the time was hers and thoroughly enjoyed. There was nothing more she’d ask of him besides defending her, of course. The joys of being both her champion and companion meant double duty that he has thus far preformed admirably. Only thing he was missing was bringing more to worship her and building a bigger place to do such. That was okay, one cannot ask but so much of a mortal even one as very capable as himself.

Following his gaze, she answered in a puzzled fashion, “I don’t actually know. I think he started following me after Mother left during all the chaos. I think he is still trying to usher me back into the jungle.” The stick in her hand was his after all and he kept trying use it. “Mostly he just sticks to my side, was very sweet when I was upset.” When, up till about a few minutes ago. “I am afraid I don’t know what to do with him. I could not take him home even if I wanted to but he seems intent on following me.” More followers the better, but this one would be very alone if it followed her on the boat. Unless more of its kind came along there wasn’t much for it on a isle that probably seemed filled with giants.
~~~~~~~
There was the happy expression he loved to see. He grinned broadly at her kiss, wishing the kiss would be on his lips instead.

But they were not in the place to do that.

He looked curiously at the smaller pae as she talked about him, wondering himself on the odd feeling of being watched all day. "Huh...I suppose it couldn't go home with you. Not a god. Should we try to send it back to his home? Or...or I guess I could take him home with me." At the second part, the male reached up to rub the back of his neck. "That way I could bring him to visit your temple."
~~~~~~~
He was right about the creature not being a Deity. Even with her grace it would never happen. If she could sneak a mortal home for any length of time it would be Tristen. The thing with Yukiko made her wish there was a solution for the issue. Not marriage, certainly, but a way for a Deity to appoint a Champion as she had and allow them to visit Dolandor. Maybe not full Deity status but even so if it were in her powers she’d have granted it herself.

The little thing didn’t seem to want to leave, and Tristen had a brilliant idea. “My Champion! Handsome, compassionate, passionate and brilliant! If you’d be kind enough to care for him that would be wonderful!” It seemed the best of all worlds. Really just how did she find such a man as himself? Mother be blessed.
~~~~~~~
And suddenly his suggestion wasn't a suggestion, but fact. As her face bloomed into happiness and excitement, there was no way he could possibly suggest something else. But with Adora, Lorelei and their two pets Kizzy and Floss, what was one more? Plus all these compliments made him feel like a man among men. He grinned boyishly before turning to the smaller masked pae.

"So...what do you think? You'll have to pull your weight, but there's plenty of food and a roof with a warm bed. And we'll make plenty of visits to Harmonia." The masked pae was its own being and deserved to have his opinion respected.

~~~~~~~~~~
The masked pae understood he was being talked to but not a lot about what was being said. The lady was smiling, that was good. The other was smiling too, so that had to be good. Still, he tried to explain himself, “Reffud da nupi pretties bok da..” Towards the end of it he poked the lady’s leg again and moved his arms rapidly working on showing how important it was.

It probably wouldn’t work anymore, the really scary lady that took over their home had already stopped the feast. If the harpyking didn’t need pretties anymore then taking her wouldn’t gain him favor. There had to be a way and maybe he’d figure it out with them. The guilt of failing was too much to return to his people. So he asked in a quick musical tone “Ka aloo wat to yee ods efs Poppadom no?” Though his expression is unreadable, the mask tilted in its own way.

Harmonia just looked at the creature as it clearly was speaking. There was one word out of all of it that made any sense. Was he calling her pretty? Or referring to the game the creatures had been playing eailer? To test just how much the creature understood, she asked him, “What is your name?”

The question came with an answer, “Zoboomafoo!” Beyond shouting it quite proudly, the masked pae stood and leapt in place two hops before settling. He was quite proud of his name and pleased they thought to ask. It was possible these pretties weren’t so bad. Some of the others had harmed his kin even though they had worked hard not to cause harm in return. For sacrificial offerings they had been quite rude.

~~~~~~~~
Tristen was expecting a yes or no, but certainly not a load of gibberish. He did his best to try and understand him, as obviously he was trying to talk to them. But at least they got a name! "Zoboomafoo! What an exuberant name! I am Tristen." As he spoke he placed a hand on his chest, trying to do physical show. "Tristen." He reiterated to be sure. Since there seemed to be a language barrier it seemed important.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The creature stared at him for several minutes after he finishes speaking. After tilting his head one way and then the next, Zaboomafoo waved excitedly at Tristen. While he didn’t repeat the name said, there was at least acknowledgement of his own. Now that they were starting to understand each other, it was time to work.

He touched Tristen’s leg then tugged on the pretty translucent cloak Harmonia was wearing. Finally he pointed to the stick in her hand insistently, “Wax! Wax!” Finally in a pitiful tone he repeated it, “Waaax.”

Harmonia gathered pretty quickly what he wanted, even waving the weapon near Zaboomafoo. It was hard not to chuckle when he started batting at it. “You have to play nice.” Her words were firm and did seem to cause the creature to pause. At she had that one, so the stick was returned to the tikicat. Never did a creature seem so happy to have a stick.

While cute, he wasn’t her whole concern. Likely he never would be, her concern was far more interesting, “I can find a room for him in the hotel, if he’ll stay, at least until we leave. Plenty of rooms on the ship as well. Unless Adora might want company?” As she had her Champion’s attentions back, she was refusing the awkwardness of having Zaboomafoo in the room she was sharing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He certainly was interested in that stick! He wondered if the importance was like his staff, sitting comfortably back in his room. "That sounds like a great idea." He lifted his gaze up and over his shoulder towards where he left his daughter. He'd have to ask Adora first as he wasn't entirely sure yet if she was with a boy or not. He did recall her yelling out the name 'Lucius'.

As his gaze found her, a bit of surprise flashed upon his face. Followed by amusement. "Zaboomafoo might have company." Another one of the tiny pae was right there, tilting her head curiously up at the wilwarin. She was much smaller however than the male beside them. A child version perhaps. "Zaboomafoo, look!" He pointed towards the orange tailed tiki cat.

If they could just get their new friend occupied elsewhere, he and Harmonia could enjoy the rest of their trip as they had wanted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At first, when his name was called, Zaboomafo merely looked up from his beloved stick. Not yet moving he gazed at Tristen then followed his direction to another of his kind. She was just a baby, what was she doing by herself? Finally standing up, the lemur tikicat bound forward disregarding all the other pae that were in the area. It wasn’t a normal run, more like he lept sideways with both legs using his tail for balance. With careful movement he was able to get over to the child and immediately put up a protective front. With his staff in hand he ‘warded’ off any that might wish harm upon the smaller female.

Harmonia watched with equal amusement, “If the little one is attached to Adora, you’ll have more company.” While she was away. Tristen’s daughter seemed to have a knack for attracting the attentions of different pae. From naga’s to the masked things the one that meant little harm were drawn. That was what made it all the more puzzling that she found herself in such trouble.

Standing still for now, she observed how Adora would react before stealing away her Champion.

:[ Events ]:

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff