Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xa44s RPs

Back to Guilds

I do RPs 

Tags: Adventure, Fantasy 

Reply Xa44s RPs
Episode 3 planing stuff Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:25 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates
Should I expect Terran to have time to pack supplies before he sets out on this journey?

oh yeah*/TP to terran* its dangerous to go alone take this*tosses a bag at terran then TPs out*

bag of holding
a magical item originally made by the god of small containers to prove his worth as a god, soon afterwards arcane mages recreated it causing it to be mass produced

Rofl. Best flavor-text ever.

I'll try to stop daydreaming about Terran's childhood and I'll try to put together a list of items he's travelling with. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:48 am
Haru Yates

bag of holding
a magical item originally made by the god of small containers to prove his worth as a god, soon afterwards arcane mages recreated it causing it to be mass produced

Rofl. Best flavor-text ever.

I'll try to stop daydreaming about Terran's childhood and I'll try to put together a list of items he's travelling with. sweatdrop [/quote
It's fine I will probably throw stuff in somewhere, also dat lore(god of small containers is "best god")  

Xa44
Captain

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:27 pm
Haru Yates

So some lore bit here
Back in ancient times the world was at chaos, all magic had no types and would chaotically shift into different things causing death to all things, people feared magic for a long time, until the kings came and used some magical power to create the 10 types of magic and the 10 legendary spells, people feared magic for long after that still, but by today magic is accepted by everyone as just a natural part of life  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:58 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

So some lore bit here
Back in ancient times the world was at chaos, all magic had no types and would chaotically shift into different things causing death to all things, people feared magic for a long time, until the kings came and used some magical power to create the 10 types of magic and the 10 legendary spells, people feared magic for long after that still, but by today magic is accepted by everyone as just a natural part of life

That's actually pretty interesting. It explains why there's 10 elements instead of a basic 4 or 5 element system.

Also, I'm still working out details of Terran and his past. After he takes down his father, his career choice would probably be something along the lines of a surgeon. (or maybe a coroner?). He is (or should be) studying anatomy. His grandparents are alive, but they (Grandmother especially) don't like Terran much, as they still partially blame him for his mother's death. They were considerably wealthy, and there was a dispute over who got the house when Terran's mother died. They resolved it by giving Terran the house, while his grandparents kept most of the money. They left him with enough to support himself for a while and moved away (not sure where to, maybe just the other side of town?), but that money is now used up so Terran works instead of study.
Just saying. :/  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:16 pm
Haru Yates

You already said most of that, and that works, but just know that the RP will end when his father dies, well there is 1 thing after that but is tied to the final encounter  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:57 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

You already said most of that, and that works, but just know that the RP will end when his father dies, well there is 1 thing after that but is tied to the final encounter

Eh heh heh. sweatdrop Yeah I do realize that, but I figured that it might clarify his current financial situation (as well as explain how his mother was able to afford for him to take music lessons).

So far, the items that he is carrying are a bedroll, backpack, first-aid/trauma kit (contains gauze, bandages, a tourniquet, tweezers, some wooden splints, a small pair of scissors, thread, needle, bottle of alcohol (probably wine, intended as a disinfectant, but also helps with cravings), a small vial of tea tree oil (again, for disinfection [anti-fungal] and to repel lice and fleas or whatever--or to poison somebody if ingested), and whatever else one might expect to find in a medieval first-aid kit), and he also carries his switchblade style knife (sharp, doubles as a scalpel), wash cloth, spare clothes, waterskin, mess kit, tinder box, and a few rations, and maybe a couple peppermint sticks (just for fun). He also carries a reasonable sum of money.
Possibly carries a bass ocarina, but it might take away from his magical training so not 100% sure.
I'll let you know if I think of any other items he carries. (Should he have rope too? Or tea? lol) Unless you think that's more than enough stuff...  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:13 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

(Love not being able to quote posts)

Thats enough stuff, actually am working on a camping system as well as a money thing with exchange rates(yay) and still a bit on the fence about this, a clothing system witch could be fun for some little pixel art things to kill time(and also be really cute)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:00 pm
Xa44
Xa44
Haru Yates

(Love not being able to quote posts)

Thats enough stuff, actually am working on a camping system as well as a money thing with exchange rates(yay) and still a bit on the fence about this, a clothing system witch could be fun for some little pixel art things to kill time(and also be really cute)

If it's too much stuff, then let me know. I honestly wouldn't mind having less stuff to manage. *Throws tea tree oil out window* Now that I think about it, Terran probably can't handle the scent of tea tree oil for long periods of time. sweatdrop Considering his day evening job, his medical knowledge mostly covers treating flesh wounds (because you treat a corpse's injury as you would a living person). He'd have no pain killers or anything like that. I can also throw the scissors, mess kit, tinder box (for starting fires), ocarina, tweezers, and tourniquet out the window, if it makes things more interesting. emotion_c8
The clothing thing sound a bit odd, but I do like the idea of needing different clothes for different events. The currency thing could be cool (might be better if currency varies by continent or region), and I'm interested in your camping system. It'll be neat to see how that plays out!  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:40 pm
Haru Yates

The rest is ok.
Might back out of the currency thing for convenience but idk, clothing is actually something I am really hyped for(actually reminds me of that one quest in skyrim where you get rich looking clothing and break into a place)
The camping thing will probably be pretty light like different training dolls that give EXP every night, different tents and tarps for locations, cooking stations/fire starters, wagic walls to reduce random encounters of thieves or other things, hunting because eating once(or twice) per day is probably going to be a thing  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:29 am
Xa44

I figured that the reason Terran would have packed all that stuff is simply because he would have had some time to think about what to bring with him before he left his home.

Anyways, I talked to my sister a bit about her character. (She isn't sure how often she'll be able to post, but I told her that as long as she can get online once a week or two, then it should be fine. (At least that's enough to keep up at this rate.)

This is not set in stone yet, but so far her character is a girl between the age of 17 and 23. Her job class would essentially be a rogue. She's a thief (self-taught), who initially started out stealing stuff from the markets to survive. She has a father, but the man is a heavy drinker who spends most of his time gambling. She and her father never really stay in one place for long, so she doesn't really have any friends. Growing up, she often had to take care of her father and he could say mean or abusive things while he was drunk. (He loved her like a father, but he wasn't a very good dad.) She practically raised herself.
As for the reason why she is not currently with her father (because we don't really want to drag the man along on the adventure, do we?), she said that he simply left (saying he'd return), but didn't come back. She said that the reason for that is that he probably got arrested, but her character doesn't really care much about it. She said their relationship was "toxic". He may have been a thief as well.
I asked her if her character had ever been caught stealing, and she said maybe once. Apparently, her character has only ever spent one night behind bars. (Her character may have been involved in other illegal things.) She looks kinda like a thug or a rocker, (dresses in leather and studs), and is about 5'2" or 5'3" (on the shorter side of average height).
She said that her character is a loner, but she is generally friendly. Still, she has no problem letting you know if you're pissing her off.
She can also play guitar, and she occasionally does play in taverns to make some money. (She said "she's not the best, but people seem to enjoy it enough." ) She's fairly happy being on her own, and she's afraid of letting people into her life, but she also has a big heart.

As for her elemental magic abilities, she's debating on whether or not she wants to be water or light element so far. (We were hoping to get your opinion on that.)
We were also hoping to get your opinion on her race. She said she was thinking her character might be half-human-half-something else. She suggested being half-angel, (she wondered if it would be too much of a stretch to do that). I didn't tell her that Kate is half-angel, but I told her I'd run it by you and see what you thought of it.
Like I said before, the details are not set in stone yet, so if you think a second half-angel is a bad idea, then I'll let her know and we'll work something else out. (not sure what kind of powers or abilities she has in mind yet.)  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:38 pm
Haru Yates

Well for what type of magic water would work well because a lot of those spells are movement based witch thinking about it would be great for a thief, light on the other hand it really cool and fun but a lot of abilities are tanking/healing, she can also do a mix of elements(was actually going to ask if you wanted to have some arcane spells on your list at some point because of how useful a lot of those spells are) other than that the only other thing to say about magic is I have characters creation planned out, you start with 3 spells and every time you level you get 1 more spell with a max of 25~30(not sure yet)

As for them being half angel that is fine, but there are some problems the character might encounter because of some events planned to only effect kate also effect her as well, this mainly applies to the dark town, but some other places as well. Personally(meaning don't listen to this) if I where do make a half angel character light would make more sense(but eh idk)

As for everything else it works, oh and by the way take another one of these
bag of holding

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:06 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Well for what type of magic water would work well because a lot of those spells are movement based witch thinking about it would be great for a thief, light on the other hand it really cool and fun but a lot of abilities are tanking/healing, she can also do a mix of elements(was actually going to ask if you wanted to have some arcane spells on your list at some point because of how useful a lot of those spells are) other than that the only other thing to say about magic is I have characters creation planned out, you start with 3 spells and every time you level you get 1 more spell with a max of 25~30(not sure yet)

As for them being half angel that is fine, but there are some problems the character might encounter because of some events planned to only effect kate also effect her as well, this mainly applies to the dark town, but some other places as well. Personally(meaning don't listen to this) if I where do make a half angel character light would make more sense(but eh idk)

As for everything else it works, oh and by the way take another one of these
bag of holding

Bear with me, I'm using my piece of junk tablet again.
I wouldn't mind a few arcane spells (interested in spacial magic and some ritual casting, but spells to preserve things would be cool too), but I realized that many arcane spells for Terran would behave much like an extention of his own vampire abilities. Like charm, drain, dissolve... Other arcane abilities might be infused with shadow/darkness, making then still feel like dark spells. (That's just his style.) Would that be ok? Lol, not sure how he'll feel about learning that his father also uses arcane magic! Also, I imagine that the first time he charms someone he may not even realize he's doing it. (He's a silent caster, as in he casts his spells without an incantation.)  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:02 pm
Also, I told my sis what you said and she said she'd love to do both elements (water and light). She also said that she's fine with whatever problems her character will have to deal with for being a half-angel.

Can half-angels (or nephilim) sense eachother?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:51 pm
Haru Yates
Also, I told my sis what you said and she said she'd love to do both elements (water and light). She also said that she's fine with whatever problems her character will have to deal with for being a half-angel.

Can half-angels (or nephilim) sense eachother?

No, also your characters will not know kate is a half angel for a good amount of time, basically a lot of her angelic features have yet to develop because she is 8

Other than that sounds great  

Xa44
Captain

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:06 pm
Haru Yates

Any flavor you wanna add to spells is fine, and most spells unless stated otherwise you can cast without doing anything, like holy sunbeam is a good example of this
Also something I should probably say now is that, there is no such thing as a ritual spell, hut there are magical things you can do by rituals. Basically rituals=plot do whatever you want

Other random things
(tOpHat BeSt sPeLl)
If you want you can add shade to your character for free if you want(same goes for any of the spells with the same description) it's just a nice little roleplay spell to tell a bit about your character
If you can get me a list of what 3 spells you 2 want to start(or if you wanna add something that isn't there(might say no to it for game balance)) also what the first few spells you would want from LV up(really wanna work on grounding this system so it can be easily reused for other RPs in the same world and bring back characters easily(because you bet people will return in EP4(need to work on names))  
Xa44s RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games