Visitor Listserv Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:42 pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: conference (you're welcome)

Yo America, hate to break it to ya, but peeps don't need special powers to pull that s**t. My job wouldn't really exist otherwise, ya know? Plenty of shitty non magic folk out there, and probably a fair amount of shitty non noble dudes.

A moonwalker could technically go on a ******** rampage and start turning other peeps into one. Think Blackfriars, except on ******** purpose. That ain't cool either, yeah? Other peeps with magic ain't really less susceptible to not going on a power trip.

Gotta remember that this magic s**t seems to like the rule of threes. Three's stable. If ya wanna bust down the noble walls without touchin the wargs or weres, then better think of something to replace them.

I just think it's a lil too easy to jump on the hate bandwagon right now.

TLDR: people gonna be shitheads, with or without nobles being around

Peace,
    Shun Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:57 pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: conference (you're welcome)

Okay, Shun. I was being stupid, I'm sorry.

- America Jones  

lizbot

No Faun

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:20 am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: conference (you're welcome)

I won't go.

I don't want to hurt feelings. But I can't go there and say it's okay to have the right to do those things to people.

If the Spinel Lady is bound to the same rules as other Nobles, then it's just giving her a pass to keep doing those things, even if Mr. Algernon and Jer are there to try and make it different.

I'm sorry, I'm really sorry.

- America Jones  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:20 am
Re: conference

I loved being a moonwalker as much as I have loved any part of myself. And I know, for certain, that I would get a special fulfillment out of experiencing the spirit-bond in its unbroken entirety. But I would willingly give it up again if that were required to find a better way. The amount of magical powers one has isn't the issue I have.

The issue is a noble's persistence across cycles, and the influence it gives. It's simply too much. The fact you suffer for it doesn't justify it. You still have so much control over what can happen based not only on what you know, but also what everyone else doesn't know. If the cycles continue we will forget time and time again what we are, what we can do, and what needs to be done. An undifferentiated visitor may have had an idea centuries ago that could have helped, and now it's lost forever: the circumstances of their next life changed enough that they may never have that idea again.

You can guide us, educate us, whatever you like... but it will always be based on your biased account of the world, and your biased account of who we are.

Can you say your position is earned, even if you chose to work for it, knowing none of us voted for you? The trial itself, with the fetch replacements, is designed so that everyone else can be none the wiser about it. If you weren't kidnapped, you elected yourself. That is why I don't trust the Court -- not only because of what it did to the spirit-bound, and how that solved nothing, but also because it's built so you can operate in secret. Even all the time you spend in which the rest of us aren't around, enables that.

A more "benevolent" Court would still have that. If that's what we end up with, it'll take more than a promise or a reassurance to give me any confidence in it. I won't be at the conference, but I hope there will be constructive discussion about how an unelected magic ruling class can best serve us.

If not... Is there possibly a way to carry our collective knowledge across cycles, or preserve our memories so we can regain them -- without needing to separate anyone from the cycles in such a way? If the goal is to keep moving forward, we can all do it together.

Eve

P.S.: All of the Re:s were bothering me.

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:38 pm
So.

Undifferentiated sleepover?

CNP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:57 pm
RE: So.

im down for this idea
    ever dream in the oad? its like homestuck dreamself astral projection
    pretty cool

julian

cibarium
Crew

Noob

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:29 pm

no 1 is selepin in m bed. k im off.

p
    -sent by Preacher Maria's personal harem

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:45 pm

I will relegate any midnight visitors to the first floor, don't worry.

As for dreaming in the otherworld, I can't say that I have, but that sounds interesting. Is there a way to induce it, or do you just fall asleep and hope for the best?

CNP

Smerdle

Scamp

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:04 pm
    I think you just fall asleep and hope for the best! But i read somewhere you can drink a special tea, too?...

It's probably bullshit though

-M!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:52 pm
Erin Barabutes joined the listserv.  

a-disgruntled-dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:37 pm
Conf. Summary

Salutations!

A note before we begin with this address. I am but the editor for this post you are about to read. Please direct all your attentions to Shiloh Beaumont or any other knowledgeable person if you have them at your disposal. I have, to the best of my ability, transcribed the script that was given to me. Moving on:

It's come to my attention that with the conclusion of our Conference, we are now left with a multitude of questions going forward. Has anyone else received a second letter? I (Shiloh) and my lovely amazing incredible absolutely perfect boyfriend (J. Delacroix) both received letters from Odal—a fetch—outlining what we need to complete for the successful replacement of the charter. Now, many of you were not privy to our conference, as the intent originally was to perhaps modify the charter, or tamper with it in way that would only affect those differentiated. It still might, but just so: it is crucial for all of us to be on the same page for any substantial progress to be made.

First, I will outline a summary of the event for those not present.

The Charter, for those who are (still, somehow) unaware, is a document that dictates how magic affects Moonwalkers (weres), Wargs (seers) and Nobility. Each class seems to have many boons, as well as many banes. The general consensus of the meeting was to eliminate as many of these banes as possible, and as such we must rework the charter from the ground up. Here is an outline that was provided for us at the conference for your perusal:

MOONWALKERS
Honor, Protect, Enforce
Transformation once a month for the duration of the full moon
Transferable by bite
Strong, fast, instinctive

WARGS
Watch and Warn
Bonded to one animal for the duration of its lifespan
Can see through the eyes of the animal
Should the animal die, a warg may die or go insane

NOBLES
Rule, Serve, Control
Protect fetches and are served by fetches
Control the methods of entrance and exit to the otherworld
Ensure the safety of the otherworld

These are, as dictated by the current charter, our supposed positions in the world of magic. Unfortunately for a vast majority, many of us were left without the proper guidance to fulfill these roles. Worry not! We have the power to change it if you find any part undesirable.

Many called for a different method of transferring the power of Moonwalkers, as well as the removal of the full moon madness that occurs should you not transform in the Otherworld. Many wanted to see the Court completely and utterly remade, with the system of tithing replaced with contract negotiations and consent. Moreso, a multitude of people called for the Court to be bound to something else entirely, not engraved onto the back of an innocent women. There is also the matter of the fetches, otherbeings that have a safe haven provided for us in the Court, as well as having it be our only solution to return to a 'human' life. It's important however to note that not every fetch desires a return to humanity, and that many are comfortable with their place in the otherworld. To remove the Court in its entirety would dismantle provisions set aside for them. The Noble geas—a powerful tool—was also brought into question, as to whether or not we should remove it or keep it close.

To break the charter as it is means to give possible rise to the Spirit Bond, a magical binding that essentially functions as a combined moonwalker-warg, which was broken in the inception of the Court as you know it today.

Bearing all this in mind:

This opportunity for change has given us a momentous amount of ability. Those who are undifferentiated—we want to hear your opinions too on this matter. Should you have a desire to help but not the means to do so immediately, then please: use this as a medium to explain your thoughts and reach out to one another. There is a lot of work to be done and time is working against us. We've already had lengthy discussions up until now about what we want seen out of the recreation of the charter, but it's imperative that we communicate as to not cause accidental harm, mishaps, killing people, becoming sociopaths, ect.

In short, we had a very lovely evening with a very lovely meal. The wine tasted like springtime and it was divine. The evening was also, to my astonishment, very uneventful insofar as the amount of violence and murder that I expected to be present. Cheers for you, my compatriots! I'm proud for your nonviolent approach to problem solving.

Now,

Visitors and those who were not present: do you have any questions?

-Shiloh B.
Co-edited by Beel, who's great
(also mel's way of writing a post that isnt in shilohspeak)

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:33 pm
RE: Conf. Summary

beel mary me

-p
sent from Beel's prodigious pectorals  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:56 pm

You're sure nothing happened?

Eve  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:37 pm
Thank you Beel!
-M

RE: RE: Conf. Summary
Hey beel can you edit things for my brother too? He's indecipherable unless he's mad.
~lady  

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:11 am

Thank you for the summary, that letter with the requirements makes a bit more sense now.

- KS  
ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces