Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Feb-Apr 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

--------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n--------

♪ Boom clap ♫
♪ The sound of my heart ♫
♪ The beat goes on and on and on and on and ♫
♪ Boom clap ♫
♪ You make me feel good ♫
♪ Come on to me come on to me now ♫

--------ѕ ι х т н----y e a r----н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ---------
нυғғlepυғғ qυιddιтcн capтaιn

Rider used the sonorus spell to improve the volume of her voice, then called out to the people trying out. "Alright everyone, please land. I think we're done here." She ended the effect of the spell and waited until everyone had landed. "Alright, that was a good try-out. I have some potions here for those who got hit. We should have the list posted by tonight on the board. Layton, want to review my notes with me? Everyone else can head up and relax until then." She smiled and nodded.

♪ No silver or no gold ♫
♪ Could dress me up so good ♫
♪ You're the glitter in the darkness of my world ♫
♪ Just tell me what to do ♫
♪ I'll fall right into you ♫
♪ Going under cast a spell just say the word ♫

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{Btw, ac for the targets is 14. Forgot to mention that last time.}

{AC: 17
Mods: Shooting +7, Stealing +7
Skills: Good Arm, Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe
Lives: X X X
Final Roll: -}

Diamond Wales

Deviled Dregs

Devlyn Maycry

Graydon Ironshield

murruelecreuset

RedEagleEye007

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

scurd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:13 pm
Team Captain
Rider Wilson

Vice Captain
Layton Bannister

Chasers
Rider Wilson
Iris Whitte
Emma Bailey

Beaters
Zephyros Whitethorne
Chase Morris

Keeper
Lionel Lira

Seeker
Layton Bannister

Reserves
Beater: Siobhan Grey
Beater: Benjamin Bates
Keeper: Balder Borson

SummerIsles

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:10 pm

♪ Boom clap ♫
♪ Boom clap ♫

--------ѕ e v e n т н----y e a r----н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ---------

Rider trotted down to the Quidditch Pitch and set up the practice, taking out the forms she had for them to sign. Then she did her pre-game stretches and waited for the others to arrive. After their stellar year last year, Rider was hopeful that the new year would bring a similar performance.

♪ No silver or no gold ♫

{...}

{AC: 18
Mods: Shooting +8, Stealing +8
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:32 pm
User Image

User Image

Hufflepuff │ Seeker & Vice Captain │ Sixth Year │ Prefect

Layton walked out onto the pitch, smiling and waving towards Rider when he saw she was the only one here at the moment. This year he'd really have to step up. Even though he had had a perfect year last year, he wasn't about to let up. He'd be captain next year, after all. That is, if everything went well. "Hey Rider. Suppose we'll have a good turnout this year?"

Username: Deviled Dregs
                                                              Character's Name: Layton Bannister
                                                              House: Hufflepuff
                                                              Year: Sixth
                                                              Advanced Flying I: Yes
                                                              Advanced Flying II: Yes
                                                              Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 5
                                                              Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch
                                                              First Choice Position: Seeker
                                                              Second Choice Position: ... Seeker

SummerIsles

OOC:

━━━━━━

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

♥ Selina Grey ♥

Position: Seeker
    AC: 18
    Modifiers: +8 to spotting and catching
    Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch
    Lives: x x x
    Final roll:
    Seeking: /3
    Catching: /2

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:35 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image
                                                        Location : Hufflepuff Try-outs - Quidditch Pitch

Emma walked onto the pitch for try-outs knowing it was their year. Hannah and herself, they could make the main team and that meant that they'd be able to do it. With her broom in hand, Emma smiled brightly. She had nothing to worry about. She just needed to have fun like always. Seeing Rider and Layton, Emma waved. "Morning Rider, Layton." She greeted brightly as she took a form and started filling it out. It was Rider's last year on the team and she wanted to do her proud. Finishing the form and handing it in, Emma knew it would be sad to see her go. Luckily they had Layton for next year.

- - - - - - - - -

Username: murruelecreuset
                                                        Character's Name: Emma Bailey
                                                        Year: 4th Year
                                                        Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 3 Years
                                                        Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
                                                        First Choice Position: Chaser (Reserve)
                                                        Second Choice Position: Anywhere else you need me to be (Reserve)

- - - - - - - - -

With: Fellow Hufflepuffs... Rider

Wearing: Try-out Clothes

OOC:
                                                        Stealing from --- - 0/3 to Goal - Total Roll: ---
                                                        AC: 17
                                                        Modifiers: +7 AC, +7 Stealing, +7 Shooting, +5 Other (Exp + Flying)
                                                        Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
                                                        Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:19 pm
User Image

Is there a right way for being strong?xxx
                                                          Feels like I'm doing things all wrongxxxxxx
                                                          Still I'm here just holding onxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Confess my heart and forgive my wrongs.xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxx ᴍ є ʟ ᴏ ᴅ ʏ xxxxx
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          - - -
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          - - -
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mels hopped onto the field excitedly. After talking with Eve she had decided that she was going to try out for the seeker position. The current Seeker was a 6th year so she could be starting line in only a couple years! She grinned and filled out the paperwork before she started stretching.

AC: 12
                                                          Modifiers: +4 catch/spot
                                                          Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Sharp Eyes
                                                          Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
                                                          Above AC to hit
                                                          19+ to spot
                                                          22+ to catch
                                                          0-0

Username: Devlyn Maycry
                                                          Character's Name: Melody Blythe
                                                          Year: First
                                                          Advanced Flying I: No
                                                          Advanced Flying II: No
                                                          Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
                                                          Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Sharp Eyes
                                                          First Choice Position: Seeker
                                                          Second Choice Position: Reserve Seeker

ᴏ ᴏ c.
                                                          - - -

xxxI'm trying to keep from going insane
                                                          xxxxxxForget your name like they forgot
                                                          xxxxxxxxxSo listen close to the sound of your soul
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxTake back a life we led once before
                                                          xxxxxxxxx
                                                          trying to be something more.

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:05 am
User Image
                                              Although I would like our world to change
                                              It helps me to appreciate
                                              Those nights and those dreams

User Image

════════════════════════

ϟℯ¢☺η∂ ¥ℯαя |ᛊ| ℋυḟƒℓε℘υƒḟ |ᛊ| ℝℯṧ℮я♥ε Ḱεερεґ

════════════════════════

Balder ran onto the pitch, a grin on his face and his broom over his shoulder as he spotted everyone and waving enthusiastically. He was ready for tryouts today, and shoved his glasses back onto his face before he lost them. Which wouldn't be good. He could barely see without them, and while he'd heard of contacts from his bror Jer, he didn't like the idea of poking himself in the eyes. Grabbing a form, he filled it out and handed it back in with a grin. "Hey everyone! I can't wait for games to start this season. Can you?" He chirped, not particularly caring if he was going to be ignored or not. He stood back, already thrumming with energy and bouncing on the balls of his feet. Okay, maybe someone could accuse him of being overly cheerful, but he didn't see how. He just didn't see how something could bring him down.

Username: Diamond Wales
                                              Character's Name: Balder Borson
                                              Year: Second
                                              Advanced Flying I: Enrolled
                                              Advanced Flying II: Nei
                                              Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
                                              Any Special Skill: Hold the Line, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
                                              First Choice Position: Keeper
                                              Second Choice Position: Wherever you need me, kaptein!

AC: 13
                                              Modifiers: +5 to Blocking the quaffle
                                              Special Skills: Hold the Line, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
                                              Lives: ❤ ❤ ❤
                                              Final Roll: --

════════════════════════
                                              Thinking: I hope I make starting string this year!
                                              OOC:

Thor

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

But, my friend, I'd sacrifice all those nights
                                              If I could make the Earth and my dreams the same
                                              The only difference is
                                              To let love replace all our hate

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:45 am
User Image
                                                  Take all of your wasted honor
                                                  Every little past frustration
                                                  Take all of your so-called problems,
                                                  Better put 'em in quotations

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

ℱ𝒾𝒻𝓉𝒽 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇 || ℋ𝓊𝒻𝒻𝓁𝑒𝓅𝓊𝒻𝒻 𝒫𝓇𝑒𝒻𝑒𝒸𝓉 || ℬ𝑒𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇

════════════════════════

Zeph strolled onto the pitch, frowning as he looked the team over. It seemed like there weren't that many players there yet, and he didn't see any new faces. Well, aside from a first year girl. Sighing, he took a form from Rider and filled it out, turning it in before he started his stretches. He just hoped that they didn't suddenly have a lack of players.

Username: Diamond Wales
                                                  Character's Name: Zephyros Whitethorne
                                                  Year: Fifth
                                                  Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 4
                                                  Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Dang Healthy, Natural Flyer
                                                  First Choice Position: Beater
                                                  Second Choice Position: I guess still beater.

AC: 17
                                                  Modifiers: Hitting Bludgers +7
                                                  Special Skills: Mean Swing, Dang Healthy, Natural Flyer
                                                  Lives: # # # #
                                                  Final Roll: --

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, here we go again...
                                                  OOC:
                                                  Snow

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Even if your hands are shaking
                                                  And your faith is broken
                                                  Even as the eyes are closing
                                                  Do it with a heart wide open

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 12:45 pm
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey
HufflepuffFourth YearFourteen Years OldSingleReserve Beater

Hannah was in a cheerful mood as she hustled out to the pitch, with her broomstick in hand. It was a severe clear day with bright sunlight and brilliant blue skies, the kind of warm day the rest of the quidditch season wasn't. Still and all, she figured this would be her year to shine, all she wanted was the chance to get into the air and prove herself. Today was her opportunity.

Dressed in a bright yellow Tee-shirt reading 'Badger Proud, Badger Strong' in black letters, over a long-sleeved black Tee-shirt, jeans and sneakers; nobody was going to confuse Hannah for being anything other than whom she was. Her long indigo hair was pulled back into a bushy ponytail, and tied with yellow and black hair ribbons and decorated with golden badger charms.

Emma was already there when Hannah arrived, and so were Rider and Layton, Balder and Zeph, as well as a girl whom was just Sorted into the House. "Hi, Emma," she said as she paused to give her a hug, before going over to see her Captain and collecting a form. "This is going to be a great season, I can just feel it," she said confidently.

Username: Graydon Ironshield
Character's Name: Hannah Grey
Year: Fourth
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: Three (One year as Reserve Chaser, two as Reserve Beater
Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Mean Swing, Natural Flyer
Second Choice Position: Wherever we need help

After handing back her form, Hannah settled down and started her warm-up routine, anticipating the rush she'd get whenever she had the chance to fly.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC:
AC:19
Modifiers: +7 to Hit/Deflect Bludgers
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Mean Swing, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Username

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:58 pm
User Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Ivar Torbjörn Eriksson
First Year Hufflepuff Muggleborn space

"I'd die for you," that's easy to say, we have a list of people that we would take
                                                    A bullet for them, a bullet for you, a bullet for everybody in this room
                                                    But I don't seem to see many bullets coming through, see many bullets coming through
                                                    Metaphorically, I'm the man but literally, I don't know what I'd do

Ivar arrived at Quidditch one day sporting his favorite shoes and his cap, both were space-themed and it suited his taste even if it didn't really match his charteuse hoodie. He didn't care, of course, because Quidditch as far as he heard from Rubin (Chaser) and Austmar (Beater) this game didn't sound like a fashion show anyway. He loved it because it was challenging, that was why he was going to go apply for the Beater Position! Matteo and Rubin would protest otherwise but he was pretty sure Austmar might be crying with tears of joy about him getting the position, not that it was really necessary to get approval from three adult brothers. Approaching the senior-year lady, he picked up a application and filled out whatever he can, giving it to the Rider he smiled at her, asking her with a curious voice, "Hi, you look like someone in-charge here, yeah? My name's Ivar, what position did you take in the team?"

Quote:
                                                    Username: Jade Galaksylph
                                                    Character's Name: Ivar Eriksson
                                                    Year: First
                                                    Advanced Flying I: No
                                                    Advanced Flying II: No
                                                    Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
                                                    Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Mean Swing, Natural Flyer
                                                    Second Choice Position: Chaser

"I'd live for you, " and that's hard to do
                                                    Even harder to say when you know it's not true
                                                    Even harder to write when you know that tonight
                                                    There were people back home who tried talking to you
                                                    But then you ignored them still, all these questions they're for real
                                                    Like, "Who would you live for? Who would you die for? And would you ever kill?"

With :: Specifically Rider Wilson
                                                    Where :: Quidditch Pitch
                                                    Wearing :: Yellow-Green Hoodie with (Stolen) Biker Gloves

Out.Of.Character :: ---

Position : Beater
                                                    AC : 10 + 2 (DD) + 2 (NF) = 14
                                                    Modifiers : Hitting +2
                                                    Special Skills : Natural Flying, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
                                                    Lives : O O O
                                                    Reminders :

<16^ to reach and hit the Bludger>

Black (0) - Yellow (0)

SummerIsles

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:06 pm
User ImageUser Image

Sєνєηтн ƳєαяHυƒƒℓєρυƒƒƤяєƒєcт αη∂ Hєα∂ Ɓσу

Lyall walked onto the pitch, one of the school brooms in hand. He'd played Quidditch before, and honestly, he was terrible. Unfortunately for him, Rider had begged him to come with her, as she wasn't sure they'd be able to make a full team without. Sadly, fate worked out that he would indeed have to play, which didn't sound fun for him. He couldn't take a hit if his life depended on it, but he would do everything in his power to help out his friend.

Username: Miss GryffindorK
Character's Name: Lyall Thompson
Year: Seventh
Advanced Flying I: no
Advanced Flying II: no
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: a fan, perhaps?

Position: ------
Modifiers: +3 (Stealing and Shooting)
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Lives: [⋇] [⋇] [⋇]
{OoC}

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:23 pm
User Image
                                                                Hope that you spend your days,
                                                                But they all add up
                                                                And when that sun goes down,
                                                                Hope you raise your cup
                                                                Oh, I wish that I could witness
                                                                All your joy and all your pain
                                                                But until my moment comes, I'll say...

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Quidditch Pitch
                                                                Who am I with? The team
                                                                What am I doing? Trying out
                                                                What am I thinking? I think I can make it on?
                                                                What am I wearing? First Year Uniform

Kazu walked onto the pitch nervously. He'd wanted to find something to do around school, and he heard about the team from older students. He looked around, thinking that he was at the right place at least. He blinked, deciding to walk up to who he assumed was the captain. "This is for Hufflepuff team tryouts, right? Am I allowed to try out?" He hoped the answer was yes, because at least then he could do something other than just sit around all day while at school.

OOC:

I did it all
                                                                I owned every second
                                                                That this world could give
                                                                I saw so many places,
                                                                The things that I did
                                                                With every broken bone,
                                                                I swear I lived

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:24 pm

♪ Boom clap ♫
♪ Boom clap ♫

--------ѕ e v e n т н----y e a r----н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ---------

Rider sighed when she saw the turnout, then collected the papers and looked them over, sighing again. "Okay, let's see here... Uhm, Layton and Melody, you both go after the snitch. Zeph, Hannah and Ivar will hit bludgers at my targets." She turned to the new first year who was joining them. "What? Oh, yes, of course. Chaser, right? You'll go with Lyall and Emma and try to score on Balder. If Lionel shows up, I'll have one of you try to score against him too." She rubbed the bridge of her nose and walked over to the ball chest. She released the snitch and two bludgers. "I hope you did your stretches, because it's go time. We want to repeat our season last year. Good luck gang!" With that, she tossed the quaffle into the air and picked up her clipboard to watch.

♪ No silver or no gold ♫

{AC for the targets is 14 currently.}

{AC: 18
Mods: Shooting +8, Stealing +8

Deviled Dregs

murruelecreuset

Devlyn Maycry

Diamond Wales

Graydon Ironshield

Jade Galaksylph

Miss GryffindorK

RedEagleEye007

Red Hot Missy

Cinnabun Gryffie rolled 10 10-sided dice: 10, 8, 7, 8, 1, 10, 6, 5, 6, 8 Total: 69 (10-100)
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:43 pm
User ImageUser Image

Sєνєηтн ƳєαяHυƒƒℓєρυƒƒƤяєƒєcт αη∂ Hєα∂ Ɓσу

Lyall did his best to give a confident look, but he looked a bit terrified. He pulled his goggles over his glasses, blinking rapidly to adjust his vision. Lordy, his eyesight was terrible. He listened to Rider, then nodded. He clumsily mounted his broom, wishing he had more safety gear... like a helmet... and bubble wrap bodysuit. When the quaffle was tossed up, he flew at it, hoping he might be able to catch.

Position: ------
Modifiers: +3 (Stealing and Shooting)
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Lives: [⋇] [⋇] [⋇]
{OoC}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
Devlyn Maycry rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:49 pm
User Image

Is there a right way for being strong?xxx
                                                          Feels like I'm doing things all wrongxxxxxx
                                                          Still I'm here just holding onxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Confess my heart and forgive my wrongs.xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxx ᴍ є ʟ ᴏ ᴅ ʏ xxxxx
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          - - -
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          - - -
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When the snitch was released, Mels bounded into the air and flew up high so she could see the whole pitch. She hoped that would give her a better shot at finding the snitch. She looked around excitedly. She had a whole family of quidditch players! And Uncle Dom used to play for Welsh. And Aunt Elli played for English. And her uncle's daughter sister thing and her uncle Riley played for English too. She was practically a pro. She began looking.

AC: 12
                                                          Modifiers: +2 catch/spot
                                                          Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Sharp Eyes
                                                          Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
                                                          Above AC to hit
                                                          19+ to spot
                                                          22+ to catch
                                                          0-0

ᴏ ᴏ c.
                                                          - - -

xxxI'm trying to keep from going insane
                                                          xxxxxxForget your name like they forgot
                                                          xxxxxxxxxSo listen close to the sound of your soul
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxTake back a life we led once before
                                                          xxxxxxxxx
                                                          trying to be something more.

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games