Welcome to Gaia! ::

[Moved] Empty Weyrs & Scattered Wings

Back to Guilds

AU Non-canon Pern RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragon, Firelizard, Wher, Impression 

Reply Event Archives
Baked to Perfection (Hatching!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:38 am
T'eir of Brown Gilwreyth - 4

T'eir followed along with the bantering Entourage with a few quips of his own. Thanks to Leiya he had felt in high enough spirits to bring his lute and at some point or other began to play quietly. Feather-soft flicks of his fingers accompanied but did not compete with the voices here and above.

His thoughts began to drift as he watched hatchlings and their antics and realized with a start that he was feeling more for Leiya and against C'ran than he should. He wanted to be Leiya's friend but he did not want C'ran jealous. He did not want to give him anything to be jealous about. But the more time he spent with her the more difficult to say it was just a couple of pals baking cookies together.

But then something truly amazing happened down on the Sands. A hatchling stopped in front of a girl. Then she hugged him. But no rainbow could be seen in the eyes of that hatchling. In fact, as they both looked at the pair of brothers and their hatchling tribulations, he realized that they were not bonded at all. Then she let the hatchling go. "Who is she?" he muttered to himself. Who is that amazing young woman?

K'ndayo of Blue Audrath - 4

Watching the hatching really helped to distract K'ndayo. It was not like him to make himself sick with worry. He had never felt so ill in his life, not even motion sickness on a fishercraft (in his younger years) had he felt so nauseated. But the feeling subsided over time and he was able to enjoy the hatching. He still wasn't much for talk, and that was his norm, but he did enjoy listening to the conversation, too.

He sat forward when he heard T'eir ask a surprising question. She? Knowing what he did about T'eir, this was a profound question. Once he knew who 'she' was, he scanned the Sands and replied: "I do not know her name but I believe she works with leather. Tooling or tanning, perhaps."

The Weyrship Entourage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:01 am
Candidate Rothgar
magnadearel
Turanves

Thaliawen
Tordare

TawnyAngel
Devil's Food

The_Muffin_Puppy
Lemon Drizzle

Rothgar laughed nervously. "Oh I know. I mean all of you. Please consider forgiveness." He was half a weyrbrat if ever there was one. He knew hatchings. He knew that things could become very bloody and life-threatening in the blink of an eye. This was one of those times. A group of hatchlings like this could become a mob very quickly. Humans didn't stand a chance, really. "Take it from someone who made a wher angry. Look at my scarred face! I'm not just being a busybody. I want all of you to be safe." He eyeballed everyone there, human and dragon alike. Thank goodness Lemon Drizzle was not seeing him as a threat. He did not want to seem that way to anyone. But Devil's Food? "Please, pretty girl, let go of the boy's leg. I think he's learned his lesson. That's what you wanted, right? To teach him a lesson?" I hope.  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:16 am
As Carrot Cake arrived on the scene and skidded to a halt in a spray of sand, his eyes whirling yellow, he turned to look at Tordare and whined uncertainly. Could he? He wasn't sure that he could, he wasn't going to hurt his sister to try to make her let go, he wished that she would let go like Rothgar was saying but she was so angry!

And then Turanves spoke again and after a few moments, once the words had sunk in, the situation changed again - most people got what they wanted.

Not your rider!

Devil's Food Cake recoiled with a high pained call, her eyes suddenly bleached the pure white of panic. A presence pressed at the edges of Turanves' mind scrabbled for purchase but failed to find a hold, and the sleek green began to shrink back from him trembling all over.

Carrot Cake's eyes flashed white too, then swirled yellow, and then shifted to pale rainbows as he turned to Tordare once more with a panicked bugle. Tordare, my rider, I am your Sativuth! Please help, he will not hear her - she needs him to hear her!

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:26 pm
Sativuth. What? A dragon. A bronze! Tordare swallowed, hesitating. He looked towards his brother, towards the green and realized the situation. Oh. “Turan! You have to let her in! She’s your dragon! That’s why she’s so upset.”

He didn’t want to see his brother reject her. He didn’t want to see her between

“I’ll help,” he muttered, reaching to stroke his dragon’s head comfortingly. “I don’t know how much help I’ll be with his hard head, but I’ll help.”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:56 pm
As amused as he had been by the green going up into the Stands, what happened next dragged his mood down, oh no....what had that candidate done while he wasn't looking? "Hey... hey stop it" he called and had been about to step forward when

Kakaw! .....Kakaw, help me! Your Caffieth doesn't know what to do! I need you!

He looked around for the candidate that had spoken, then realised....Caffieth......that wasn't a person's name, that was a DRAGON... what?... he blinked, glancing at Kakar, pain written on his face that he Impressed first, before landing eyes on the rainbow hues of his dragon's eyes. "C...Caffieth.." he uttered, his voice almost a moan of pain, emotional, physical pain, but it was a good hurt, he knew he would never EVER feel alone again.

"help? Right, yes" he said, smartening up, "You tackle the green, i'll tackle the human" he said but as he marched up to the pair, another dragon Impressed to what appeared to be the brother of the boy being attacked, right as the little green's eyes turned white. "Not her rider?...." Kakaw was incensed "ARE YOU STUPID?!" he roared, giving the boy a shake, "She could be yours as much as any other dragon.... saying things like that could send a baby Between..... do you want THAT?" Kakaw virtually snarled, anger flaming in his guts, at the same time, Caffieth gave a small Keen at how terribly, deeply hurt his sister was and went as far as draping a wing over her back, pulling her close.

"Shhhh, it will be ok, Mine won't let him be so horrible, he knows what to do... please little sister, don't despair and leave us, we need you .... Yours needs you" he said, his almost a soothing purr as he talked gently

~~~~~

Kakar just watched the entire thing, numb wondering what he could do to help...then his brother YELLED at the hurt candidate.... wh....He moved to go forwards but held back.... no... this was his Twin's moment.. not his.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:07 pm
Candidate Zirza

"Well, if you feel safer now, so do I," the Candidate said out loud this time to Sticky Toffee Pudding, her thoughts too much of a muddled mess to think what she felt at the green and have herself understood clearly. She was still pretty worried and a bit scared now for Devil's Food. "Fighting isn't right.... that's what the Candidatemaster tells me, at least... but sometimes it's really hard to overcome the urge to just... hurt someone."

She looked down at her hands, then bunched them into fists. She'd caused a lot of blood spill, herself... of course, nothing really life threatening happened, but it certainly didn't make her many friends, either. The scar that almost took her eye was proof of that.

... The green though. Devil's Food's eyes seemed to suddenly flash white panic and Zirza couldn't smother her frightened gasp. Was she going to between? No, her life had barely begun, she was just a baby, no please don't between... where was her sharding rider? Was it one of the people watching and not doing anything? Faranth, was it one of those boys?

Zirza shook. She couldn't watch anymore. Instead, she crouched low to the sand and tried to snuggle up to Sticky Toffee Pudding, trying to think soothing thoughts to calm herself under the excuse she was trying to keep the hatchling calm, too. She hid her face in her crossed arms and rested on her knees, scrunching her eyes shut as hard as she could.  

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:28 pm
THE HELL?! Sharding shaffing—WHAT THE HELL WAS THIS GUY DOING? Tordare moved between Kawkaw and his brother. His fists were balled. His teeth were clenched. “My brother is already hurt, you worm brained glow.” He shoved the boy away.

“I can’t help him when there’s other people sticking their noses where they don’t belong,” he fretted at his dragon. “What do I do, Sativuth?”

I do not know. Maybe... Don’t act rashly, Tordare Mine.

“If you touch my brother again, ever, I won’t forgive you.”  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:15 pm
Candidate Turanves

He knew the candidate was trying to help the situation, but he wasn’t really in Turanves’ eyes. Someone screamed from up in the stands, but he couldn't make out the words. The green finally released his leg, but he didn’t expect the reaction he got from her. Turan hopped awkwardly on one leg and tried not to put weight on the other. He watched Devil’s Food Cake as she sank back from him, her eyes white. Something was pressing against his mind.

The bronze had also come over. For a moment, Turan turned hopefully toward the bronze; only to see him stare up at another boy with rainbows in his eyes. That other boy was none other than his little brother.

Tordare.

Tordare had impressed the bronze. The knife of betrayal was stabbed deep into his heart as the pain flickered briefly across his eyes. No other outward sign he gave. His brother’s words finally registered in his mind. His dragon? Turanves stood there numbly as yet another boy came over and began to shake him. He didn’t react and simply let the other shake him until Tordare intervened.

Without any hands on him holding him up, Turan slowly descended down to the sands. Through it all, it was his brother’s words that struck him most forcefully. Not words yelled at him by a candidate he barely knew. His dragon? His eyes flickered back over to the dark green. His dragon. Tentatively, Turan slowly raised his none-mangled arm and hand out toward her.

Thaliawen
Tordare

TawnyAngel

Melomar

The_Muffin_Puppy

Revel1984

V'ine and Green Ohuth 13

She looked over at Dimeti. “Because the kids have no idea what they’re doing. Too many cooks spoil the broth; too many candidates trying to help kills a dragon.” The sibling dragonets were at least sensitive to each other’s needs. Just look the way that blue had come to his green sister’s defense.

The commotion was still going on. The unfortunate boy had also taken a bite to the leg, but was still standing. What was going on down there, the greenrider wondered. There was certainly a lot of fuss over a couple of candidates. And other candidates getting involved? That’s too far! She told her dragon as one candidate had the nerve to shake the injured boy.

V’ine caught her breath as the green’s eyes went white. Why? Please don’t between!

Weyrship Entourage

Ruhane Chiisai
Dimeti

magnadearel

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:19 pm
S'var 13

"I think he'll find life as a weyrling a bit of a shock," S'var observed with a slight smile as C'ran commented on his outfit; it was hard work and discipline of a kind people who could afford such attire weren't used to, not to mention not having people to wait on them and bow to them.

The clutch had been quite relaxed for far, no hatchlings charging around attacking at random - whatever was going on between Devil's Food and that boy looked very personal, she hadn't even snapped at anyone else. "Let's hope the rest of them are tame too," he murmured to Dimeti, the green wasn't attacking anymore but the cry she let out was almost worse. What was the matter? T'ier's sudden distraction in the form of a girl got a quick glance from S'var but he soon turned his attention back onto the shrinking green. Did she regret her actions?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:32 pm
He was reaching for her?

Devil's Food Cake stilled, her eyes fading from pure white into a slowly whirling yellow and she warbled uncertainly. He was reaching for her. Slowly, carefully, the dark-hided hatchling stepped forward and pressed her head into Turanves' palm as her eyes began to glitter every colour of the rainbow.

Turanves, my beloved, I am your Azelth - I could not reach you. I'm sorry that I hurt you, I was... afraid - afraid and angry. Crooning softly she raised her head to meet his gaze, her mind radiating pride and complete self-assurance. I am better than any bronze Turanves, better than any dragon alive, and together we shall be glorious.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:00 pm
Candidate Rothgar

Rothgar got the distinct impression that everything was going to be all right now. Turanves, it turned out, had been bitten by his own dragon, before they Impressed. What a strange turn of events! But the candidate let out a whoop! when he realized what happened. "Congratulations, everyone!" he grinned, then slunk back toward the other Candidates to give them (and any incoming Healers) more room.

Weyrlingmaster R'ulfr of Blue Isbranth

At last. Turanves' group was sorting themselves out. That was how it was supposed to go. Dragons had found their match and one of the newest Weyrlings needed medical attention. He would leave Turanves to the Healers. Tordare and Kakaw and their dragons, however, were under his jurisdiction now. He approached the group and at a break in the hubbub he spoke up. "I am Weyrlingmaster R'ulfr," his booming voice cut through. "If you will come with me to the feeding tables, you can get your dragons fed, washed, and oiled." To Turanves, he added, "And if you need a stretcher, the Healers will handle that for you."

magnadearel

Revel1984

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:15 pm
Impression! Turanves had let the green in. Tordare couldn’t have been prouder. He knew that his brother’s expectations had been grand, but the dragon chose their rider. He wasn’t sure he completely trusted his green, though. She’d hurt Turny!

Still... With Impression, he knew it wouldn’t happen again.

Tordare was pulled from his thoughts by the weyrlingmaster. He looked to his dragon, to his brother, and back to Rulf’r.

I am hungry, and a wash would be nice. Sativuth offered. To Azelth, he said, I am glad you found yours, sister.

“And then we decide a new name for me?”

We can decide that together, too. Food first!  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:44 pm
Candidate Turanves

He wasn't sure what to expect as he knelt on the hot sands with his arm out, blood dripping from his numerous toothmarks. She seemed to calm, the slowly approached. Turanves let out a little sigh as she placed her forehead against his palm. His dragon. He couldn't deny that now. No matter how much it hurt him.

Turanves, my beloved, I am your Azelth - I could not reach you. I'm sorry that I hurt you, I was... afraid - afraid and angry. I am better than any bronze Turanves, better than any dragon alive, and together we shall be glorious.

Glorious? He wasn't sure about that. Turanves glowered at Rothar's whoop. Then the weyrlingmaster came over. He got awkwardly to his feet, and and gingerly held his arm. "I don't need healers," he said bitterly. Turan began to shuffle slowly towards the exit. His not-a-bronze green following close at his heels.

TawnyAngel

Melomar

V'ine and Green Ohuth 14

Everything held still for a long moment. Then the green went to the candidate she'd bitten.... and Impressed? Well. Good for them. He didn't seem to be too badly hurt since he got up and walked out with his green. She looked back around the sands to see who was still looking to impress.

Weyrship Entourage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:08 am
Well, if that was the case then Strawberry Tart had best go and check that nobody else needed his help. You had been simply delightful company, Joisann, Strawberry Tart certainly hoped that they would meet again as well. With a happy peep, the blue turned and started off on his way. Looking back over his shoulder and waving his tail at the candidate. I'll see you again, Joisann.

It had all been going so well, until a pained call interrupted the happy trot of his steps. The blue's head whipped around, calling out to his sister as his eyes took on a worried yellow. Oh no, no, no, no. This was undeniably bad. His gaze settled instantly on his sister as she drew in on herself, hastening towards the gathering, reaching out comfort in an effort to reassure the green. The candidates meant nothing to him in that moment, the blue purely focused on making sure his sister was safe. Fortunately the situation was resolved before he physically reached it. Fearful white turning to rainbows, his sister had impressed. She would be safe now. The blue stopped again, noticeably sighing in relief. Oh, this was so much more exhausting than he had anticipated. The blue watched as his sister left with her new rider, his eyes swiftly returning to a happy swirl of green.

Looking around he whistled pleasantly at the nearest candidate. Hello there. Was there anything that Strawberry Tart could do to make this hatching the best ever for you as well? The blue tilted his head pleasantly as he looked up at Shahaeran.

Melomar
Ruhane Chiisai

Lemon Drizzle was uncharacteristically unhappy. That one didn't deserve his sister. Look how badly he had already treated her. Yet there was nothing that the blue could do about it. Devil's Food had chosen the rider she wanted, and Lemon Drizzle had to trust her choice, even if he thought she deserved better. As the green and her rider left, the blue swiftly left the scene of the drama. He had no role in this anymore, there was still more for him to do. He moved away from the candidates and back towards his unhatched siblings. Hopefully he wouldn't have to deal with anymore foolish candidates today.

The young dragon's grumpy thinking was interrupted when an egg gave a lurch not far from him. Cannoli was on the move. The egg rolled right across the other dragon's path, picking up impressive speed. It bumped along the sand towards the candidates, moving too quickly for anyone to see the cracks forming along the surface. This made the breaking of the egg seem rather sudden, as a green went rolling across the sands. Still it seemed that she had no intention what so ever of waiting around for anyone. Cannoli picked herself up and it became apparent that this green was not skin and bones. In fact, she was remarkably fat. Despite this she moved at an impressive speed as she ran towards the candidates. ...And then right past them. Cannoli didn't even slow. Instead this dragon ran straight to the feeding tables. Skidding to a halt at her destination it was only then that she turned her head towards the candidates. Stretching out her neck, Cannoli gave a baby trumpet. A sound which had a candidate scurrying out of the group immediately and hastening to get food into the frankly ravenous hatchling. (NPC Impression)

User Image

Blondie and Brownie it seemed were still enjoying their adventure of rolling around and spinning back and forth. The two had managed to create an interesting collection of furrows in the sand while the commotion with Devil's Food had been underway. This adventure however came crashing to an end when the pair of eggs collided. Shattering on impact may have made it uncertain which hatchling came from which egg, although it certainly didn't seem to matter. The tangle of green and blue limbs wriggled around on the sand, making a sound that might even have been mistaken for the dragon equivalent of giggling. Finally managing to untangle from one another the green and blue jumped apart, before quickly closing the distance again to butt heads.

This peaceful moment lasted less than a heartbeat, before Brownie lifted his paw, swiping along the floor and sending sand flying at his sister. Blondie jumped back with a surprised shriek, while the blue gave an answering honk. Brownie's mirth wasn't in any way dampened when the smaller green leapt at him, the larger blue darting off towards the candidates. Both dragons eyes were alight with blues and greens as they chased each other into the crowd, completely unconcerned with the candidates they knocked aside. It became clear quickly that there was no assigned chaser in this game, Blondie and Brownie regularly switching who was going after the other as the pair tore through the crowd like a hurricane.

User ImageUser Image

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:50 am
S'var 14

Another safe Impression, thank Faranth for that. S'var smoothed a hand back over his head and took a swig of his water as the Devil's Food Cake green set off with her rider, the very boy she had been attacking. "I'd like to find out what happened there," he said aloud as he offered his waterskin around to the other members of the Entourage. What mattered most though was that it had happened and-

"Ha!" S'var beamed as Cannoli exploded out of her shell and charged towards the feeding tables. "She knows what she wants, and who she wants too apparently," he observed as a candidate hurried forward to meet her. The next two dragons looked very much alike and were clearly very fond of one another, their play was endearing but S'var couldn't help a flicker of worry that they might accidentally hurt one another, themselves, another hatchling or egg, or a candidate.

Weyrship Entourage

Event Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces