[PRP] In need of a green thumb [Shiloh/Shun] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:10 pm
It really wasn't all that often that Shun would find himself, looking at gardening supplies. Things for his little bonsai at his apartment tended to last awhile, as he really only had that to take care of as far as plants went. However, the thing wasn't doing so well as of late.

And unfortunately the exact species of it was not the same as the one he had in the old world.

Hell, he wasn't exactly sure what it was now. Research helped a little, but he couldn't find a whole lot of information on bonsai trees that had bioluminescent magical glowy bits in its leaves.

So here he was. Attempting to do more research and seeing what products were out there that might be of some use.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:35 pm
    What reason did Shiloh Beaumont—literal-green-thumbed Noble of the Court—have to show up here in the gardening section? He could basically do anything plant related when it came down to it; he could help them grow—make them grow—grow them out of pure magic, even. It's not like he needed loam or fertilizers or anything.

But he did need containers, because he was running out of pots back at the house and he wasn't sure how keen Jamie would be on renegade things growing all over the place. To that end, he was in the market for some Miracle-Gro, if only because he had a sprout-child-thing back at the house and he wasn't sure what it needed to sustain a healthy lifestyle. One thing he wasn't expecting to see was one Shun Kuroda.

"Somehow, you don't really strike me as the gardening type." He said casually as he approached him, "Uh, hi." Was his next (very belated) response.

Blade Kuroda

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:39 pm
Shun felt like he shouldn't be surprised to see Shiloh in the gardening section. The boy literally had plants growing on him. This did strike a bit of a question in the back of his head.

... Did he need to tend to those planty bits normally? He found himself eyeing one of the leafy bits as he considered this question. It would be silly if they did require the normal gardening things. How the hell would someone fertilize those, for one?

"That is because I am not. Not really, anyway," he said while greeting the noble with a curt nod, "I really only have one piece of vegetation under my care."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:47 am
    If Shiloh was sprouting anything, he seemed momentarily oblivious to it. He was pretty damn good at keeping his power under wraps, but it did get the better of him sometimes. Thankfully it didn't look as out of place in a gardening section; he totally just had some... stray foliage accumulation on his body.

At Shun's response, he snorted, looking somewhat amused, "That's what I mean. You really don't seem the type." He went to peer around his person, eyeing the shelves curiously. "Is that why you're here, then?"

Blade Kuroda

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:21 am
"It is, yes. I have a bonsai at my apartment that is not doing so well right now. I knew how to care for it alright before, but the shift in worlds has... changed it. The internet is not very helpful, as I kept finding some conflicting things on how to deal with it," he murmured, "So I came here to see if I could get something of a better idea."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:13 am
    That caught his attention, "Different how? I mean." He shifted around on his feet, "If it's like, you mean, magic—" he spoke the word quietly in public, "—then this stuff might not work. I dunno. I mean, I've never tried using stuff like this on my plants." Though, he did suppose he was going to go ahead and try, but he didn't consider the sprout to be one of his plants either, since it had like, sentience.

Blade Kuroda

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:55 am
"...Yes. Its leaves glow at night now. I do not even know what kind of tree it is anymore."

It certainly looked nice, but that would not persist if the thing ended up dying because it needed extra things he didn't know about.

"I do not suppose you have heard of anything like it?"

Probably not, but it was worth asking, anyway.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:34 pm
    Shiloh thought about this for a moment, like he was perusing a mental catalog of all the various plants and thins he knew about. Unfortunately, it came up blank. "It sounds like something you'd see in the Otherworld garden, honestly." That place had been full of wondrous colors and things completely unimaginable to the eye. "But I've never dealt with anything like that specifically, I guess."

After a moment of deliberation, he added, "Is it sick or something? I dunno what you could do about long term stuff, but I could probably help it out."

Blade Kuroda

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:37 pm
Shun nodded once, "I believe it may be ill. It has a bit of discoloration going on."

He tilted his head at Shiloh, then said, "I suppose it would not hurt to have you take a look at it. Whenever you are not busy, I could bring it to you, or have you come see it. Whichever works."

It was pretty easy to transport, so it didn't matter to which way they went about it.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:56 pm
    "Is it anything like the rot going on in the state forest?" He hadn't had a chance to check the trees out there, but it sounded pretty bad. His expression got a little gloomy at the realization, "'Cause Mercer says it's possibly related to the third principal, since they'd represent the tree and all and we can't ********' find them."

"Maybe that's what's wrong with your tree." He went back to looking at the rows of Miracle-Gro, "Or maybe it is just something else, but if it's different after the sigil and glows and s**t..." He pursed his lips, "...anyway, I can still look at it though. I still have a lot of plant magic, so it could still be worth it. I'm pretty much open whenever—" He paused, "—well, like, when I don't have school, or work, or Court..."

Blade Kuroda

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:39 pm
The detective shook his head, "No. It did not look like the blight those trees are affected with. Unless it simply is affecting my bonsai differently."

He supposed it was a possibility, but he was a bit skeptical about it.

"Still cannot find them?" he grunted out. Mercer was checking in a few people last he heard but... maybe that didn't help all that much in the end.

Rubbing his head at the thought, he shook his head again, "I am free after my work hours as well. I am sure we can figure something out."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:42 pm
    "Yeah, but I haven't really been looking either." He shrugged, "I've been really busy." That was a little bit of an understatement. "I at least know where the other two are, so that's something."

But whatever. So long as he stayed not-dead and America stayed not-dead, that case was effectively closed and under wraps. "Anyway, I'll prolly be free for the rest of the week, so long as it's after... noon?" It was obvious that he didn't have his hours totally situated, "Sorry, I got a calendar at home. I can't keep track otherwise. I'm free now though, if it counts?"

Blade Kuroda

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:30 pm
"I suppose now would do as well. I live about 20 minutes from here on foot, if that is fine," he stated.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:38 pm
    "Sure." He said with a nod, "I gotta check this out first though, but I can meet you in front of the store?" He held up the bag of Miracle-Gro all purpose plant feed, shook it a little for effect. "It shouldn't take that long."

Blade Kuroda

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:04 pm
"Sounds good to me."

With a curt nod, Shun made his way on out.

Once Shiloh had finished his purchase and met back up with him, he began to lead the way back towards his apartment. He remained mostly quiet on while they walked.

Eventually, they arrived to his place up on the fourth floor of the building. The interior, once he unlocked the door, was fairly simple and clean. He didn't have too much in the way of decoration, but there was a couple of daggers hanging on the wall. There was also a cage on the ground with a sole rat inside. She perked up upon seeing and hearing Shun enter the room.

And there, on the coffee table, was the bonsai tree he had mentioned. There were tiny little blue bioluminescent lights within its leaves. However, several of these leaves were shriveled and blackened. There were a couple of dry husks on the table around it.

"I have been pruning it, but it does not seem to have helped much."

Melancholies

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas