[PRP] Rabbit holes [Jeremiah/Shun] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:08 am
After Shun had managed to knock out a good portion of his work, he made his way over to the office of the Chief of Police, poking his head in.

"If you are not busy, Chief, I have more details about our person of interest. Otherwise I can speak with you later," he stated. Just as long as they were able to speak in private at some point, it mattered little to him. It wasn't going to make that big of a difference if he was going to talk to him now or after work.

Azuredreams
a start for you

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:27 pm
Jeremiah looked up from his desk, clearly going through reports and signing off on things. His head inclined slightly and he gave a slight nod. "I was actually wanting to speak with you about that though I was going to catch you after work."

His hand gestured to his desk. "There was a mix-up with a transfer of inmates and I need to clean it up. Boston fails to realize that we're in the process of doing some work with the government at the moment and cannot have any new inmates for temporary holding."

So it would definitely be later and after work.

... and that was why Jeremiah was leaning against his car, eyes to sky and - for one precious moment - wishing that he could smoke a cigarette and not cause a coughing fit as he waited for Shun.

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:57 pm
"Sounds like you have quite the mess on your hands. Later, then."

After the work day had completed, Shun made his way over towards Jeremiah's car, nodding once in greeting. He suppose this worked out anyway, since he couldn't yet drive himself. He was working on that.

"Did you manage to clear up the mess?"

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:06 pm
"... as much as it can be cleared up. They were transferred back out." Jeremiah gestured for Shun to go ahead and get in the car. "We're in the process of doing some testing on new magitech and I am not having them around while that's in progress."

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:11 pm
Shun's brow lifted before he climbed on into the passenger's seat, "Magitech and testing are not really two words I like to hear together."

He wasn't really sure what sort of magitech Jeremiah was talking about here, but magic thrown into the mix of anything always had a fair chance for there to be something really wonky happening.

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:25 pm
"Ashdown is well known for it's population of magic users so it has become something of a place that they come for testing." Jeremiah sounded slightly annoyed as he got into the car, buckled, and started it up.

"They come up with new magitech all the time to combat those with magic and they have to be tested." So, so many speeches about how his people were not guinea pigs (and the town as well). "I've a friend who actually works in creating magitech, so I end up hearing more about it than I want to."

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:48 am
"Great," he grunted as he buckled up as well, "Well, hopefully nothing will go terribly wrong with this round."

Having stuff to be able to suppress magical criminals and the like would certainly be useful, but he also knew that people have been working on something like that for a long... long time. Nothing really worked.

"Anyway... I spoke to the both of them."

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:26 am
There was a look tossed at Shun that implied that something going terribly wrong was not going to go over well at all. Possibly worse than how All-Seeing had gone over and that had deaths.

"Melany and Minerva?" he inquired, driving them out towards the beach. "I saw the email sent out to the listserv, so I assume something occurred while you talked with Melany."

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:56 am
Shun nodded slowly at that, "After I found her I went to speak with her about the fact that she had been reported missing. However every time I said 'Minerva Mercer', her face would go slack. Then, she would forget everything that happened in the last few moments. I would have to reintroduce myself and so on. On the third attempt, I attempted a workaround by only using the surname, asking if she knew any 'Mercers'. She only knew of you, but even with that she was acting sluggish. After claiming that she could hear someone calling out to her, she passed out for about a minute."

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:22 pm
"... you need to be very careful, Shun, because she is the same woman that existed at Court. That is likely the voice that she is hearing." Jeremiah turned down a road that lead to a secluded section of the beach.

"It is very possible that you would, without intending it, bring the Spinel Lady out once more." He was pulling into a spot to park and turning the car off before he spoke again. "Due to her being removed from the Court, that part of her has been buried and who she once was is in place."

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:50 am
"That makes sense," sighed Shun, "It seemed that she had been magically 'locked out' or so to speak."

He stared out over the beach they were parked at and drew in a deep breath.

"Anyway, after that, I used the nokia to contact Minerva again. I requested to speak with her in person and she agreed to meet me in Other Ashdown. One of the first things I found out was it was currently 1992 for her."

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:47 pm
Jeremiah was getting out of the car. He paused, looking over the top of it towards Shun. "... that seems reasonable, all things considered. Algie once met her though she looked like she was from an, ah, future timeline?"

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:53 pm
Shun tilted his head at that, "Interesting. This one had the look of an early 90s goth."

As Jeremiah got out, he did as well. After closing the door, he furrowed his brow.

"At first, I thought she came from the original timeline. It turned out that her timeline just closely resembled it... unless what we know of what was around before the cage is not actually before the cage. It existed for her, but magic was very commonplace in her world. The court was not yet created, but fetches existed; people who delved a little too far into magic."

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:32 pm
"It's reasonable that considering there have been eighteen cycles before this that we would see one that was close to what happened outside of it." Jeremiah tilted his head towards the beach for them to start walking.

"So far as I know, other ashdown would only exist within the cage. It isn't something that was before and is why, of everything, it is a constant." He paused, eyes bright and turning to Shun.

"... as for fetches? That is not entirely unheard of. There are at least two ways I know of becoming a fetch. One is by losing your trial of nobility and the other is by too much time in other ashdown. Fetches are, essentially, dead brought back with magic."

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:57 am
As Jeremiah headed towards the beach, Shun nodded and followed along, placing his hands into his pockets as he walked.

"She mentioned they were simply dead people, rather than doppelgangers. Apparently it was not polite to acknowledge them," he shrugged, recalling Minerva's words, "Notably, it also seemed that Sunny did not yet exist in her world either."

Azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces