iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:02 am
Alg was rather diligent about going to the gym since his time as a tithe. Unfortunately with his schedule he couldn't always find the time to go with his husband and often was there alone. Sometimes he'd work with the trainers or his friend Aodh but considering that fighting had connections to his time tithed, it was also a bit of a personal thing.

Almost like he begrudged it.

It was honestly amazing that it took this long for anyone to run into him. He occupied a back corner of Strongman Gym with heavy and punching bags and had at the very least acquired clothes more appropriate for exercise. To see Alg in anything but a full button up shirt and trousers was a rare occasion.. so in loose pants and a t-shirt (and *gasp* sneakers) it was like a doppelganger had taken over.

blade kuroda
finally

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:56 am
Shun arrived into the back of the gym after having done a few stretches and warmups. He was about to wail away at the bags, himself, though a somewhat familiar face caught his eye. He tilted his head, watching the older man. Despite how frequently he came to Strongman, he somehow had never managed to spot the author around here prior.

"Algernon."

It was weird seeing him in a gym attire.

Iloveyoudie

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:31 am
Alg in a t-shirt looked considerably more trim than he did in his many layered suits. It was obvious that even with his bulk that he was solid and judging by the way he hit the bags he was not only strong, but seemed to know what he was doing.

His glasses weren't even on so being called he had to blink towards the voice and it took him a moment.

"Shun.." He smiled politely, arms dropping, "Good to see you. Am I in your space?" He'd been here a while.. he could move.

blade kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:54 am
Shun shook his head as he set his bag to the side, "Not at all. There is room for the both of us. I was merely surprised to see you here."

Judging the way Algernon moved, he knew what he was doing, rather than just wailing away at a bag on his own. He had some training.

He moved over to one of the other bags and rolled his shoulders, preparing himself to begin the assault.

iloveyoudie

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:32 pm
"I fit in trips between work when I can.." Only once or twice a week though. He also didn't do much in terms of cardio, but he'd never been a runner.

Alg did pause as Shun approached a bag of his own. He took a moment to move and sip his water bottle, possibly watching Shun while simultaneously working through some minor struggle of his own with performance anxiety.

After a quiet minute he'd pack the discomfort into a tiny box in the back of his mind and ignore it, but for now he lingered by his things.

blade kuroda
he doesnt work out in front of people he knows alot *pets him*

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:05 pm
"Good to know. Never a bad thing to get a good workout when you can," Shun nodded.

Facing his bag, he let out a breath. The detective started off with a few light strikes just to get himself into a sort of groove. Before too long however, he began to pound away at it with a variety of different types of strikes. He didn't seem all too bothered that someone else was here and possibly watching him.

iloveyoudie

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:49 am
"Says the athletic.." Alg murmured lightly to himself with a small smile. He wasn't naturally athletic and even in school when he'd taken up boxing it was to round out his education as well as provide some basis for self defense. Staying in shape, in those days when he was young, wasn't a consideration at all.

Still he'd seen, after his trials anyway, that there could be some release and focus gained in a good workout.

Alg watched Shun and his rather mixed style of fighting. There was a bit of curiosity at if he could hold his own.. he certainly felt like he could deal the young man a few good blows at the very least..

He'd wait, just a moment or two more until the other seemed warmed up, before he'd interrupt.

blade kuroda
weird old

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:16 am
"Do you not enjoy this?" he asked. His eye remained on the bag before him, not diverting too much attention from his target. Even as he spoke, he remained focused.

After a little while, he paused to take a short breather, loosening himself back up.

iloveyoudie

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:47 am
"Enjoy?" He frowned, because it was likely he didn't. He did this out of a sense of obligation besides some other things.

"I'd say it's more of a requirement than a preferred activity," Much like people who didn't care much for eating, only doing so to stay alive, but food necessary for life. To maintain his life as it was now, this had become a bit of a necessity.

He continued to watch Shun, falling quiet again, "You train with Jeremiah, don't you?"

blade kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:54 am
"Fair enough," Shun shrugged. This sort of thing wasn't really for everyone. At least he was putting the effort to go through with it even if he didn't care for it much. Physical activity was important to some degree for everyone.

"I do, yes. Mostly on the other side, but it is training, nonetheless," he answered before he began to smack the bag around some more. He did pause briefly to ask, "You ever spar with him?"

iloveyoudie

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:37 am
Alg opened his mouth with a smart response, but thought better of wasting it on Shun and instead simply shook his head.

"No. Not in the sense you mean. We lack a sense of propriety when the pair of us go at it," That was the proper way of saying they fought dirty with one another, cheated, and probably got a bit too handsy for public consumption.

Alg thought a moment and finally stood back up, putting his water bottle aside, "Fancy a match with me?"

blade kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:07 pm
Shun tilted his head at Alg as he paused and looked towards him.

"I would not mind that. However, I will warn you that my reflexes are considerably better than they were before," he stated. It wasn't something he could turn off. It was as if it were innate.

Then again, he was also missing an eye.

iloveyoudie

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:21 am
Alg smiled thinly, "Well I may be stronger than you expect.." He would never presume to out-speed anyone really. He was more of an immovable object than an unstoppable force.

"Besides if you trounce me we can simply take it to the other side.." He smirked at that, confident that he wouldn't have to do much on that side to put Shun down.

Considering he could put people to sleep with talking...

blade kuroda
are we freewheeling this or did we want to do basic dices

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:26 am
That statement had Shun wondering just how strong of a punch Alg had.

"Very well. I would like to see how I fare against you under normal and... less than normal circumstances," he nodded. The detective stepped away from the punching bag and motioned to one of the empty mats nearby. It should suffice for a quick spar, he figured.

"Besides, sparring provides better training than just smacking a bag around, I find."

iloveyoudie

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:31 am
Alg nodded, eyeing his things briefly (more out of security than anything) and deciding they were fine left where they were before he moved towards the offered mat.

"While I was away.." Away had a particular intonation of meaning, "..I was fighting everyday."

He wasn't sure how fast Shun was, or strong, compared to a fetch's supernatural ability but he at least had enough confidence to hold his own. The older man smoothed his hair back, rolled his shoulders lightly, and took a fairly solid boxing stance with his fists raised.

blade kuroda

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces