iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:40 am
Algernon found himself back in other ashdown as was usual. It was becoming semi-regular now that he would turn a corner and end up here but at least now he had the convenience of returning himself home.

Still he was working on his communion with the shadows there, coaxing the living shadows to do anything more than making dark light but while he was becoming adept at that, he wasn't sure of their capabilities and thus had yet to get any more results.

He was in the alley behind Darlene's, other Darlene's, where the dumpsters (degrading and rusted) simply teemed with shadows.

He was talking to them softly, much like one would talk to a wild or stray animal.

azuredreams
cause we talked about it and i got the urge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:30 pm
With him speaking with the shadows as he was, it was likely completely unexpected that a blonde ferret with a pink harness (no leash), came barrelling out of the back door right at Algernon.

There was also, it appeared, a small flying squirrel hanging onto it's back like life depended on it.

... and they, of course, skidded right into his feet. So Algie now had a blonde ferret around his feet and a flying squirrel on his leg.

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:57 am
It was completely unexpected and the flurry of movement had him jumping a bit, skittering a few steps backwards until he realized what was coming at him and too late to avoid the squirrel now clinging to his trouser leg and the ferret that had taken interest in his shoelaces and may have been biting the end of one.

"Well ah-" He said to no one in particular, leaning for the ferret's leash. A leash meant an owner but..

"Who do you belong to?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:22 am
It turned out to only be part of the leash, another section of it missing. The squirrel was holding onto Algie's leg for dear life, though once he noticed the ferret was biting shoe laces ...

Well, then he was scurrying around all over Algie looking for pockets.

"Bud!" A voice called out, terribly familiar. "Trouble!" Nasir came out of the back door a moment later, pausing as he realized he was in other ashdown.

"... s**t."

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:27 pm
"Nasir?" Alg sounded genuinely surprised while simultaneously trying to get his hands around the squirrel who'd made it to a pocket before he could stop it.

The ferret had already tugged one of his shoeties loose.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:35 pm
"Professor?" Nasir was moving quickly as soon as he realized Bud was at pulling at shoe laces. "Bud! No! Those are oxfords, what are you doing?"

Which of course meant he realized Trouble was in the process of pocket exploration and he groaned as he ducked to the ground to attach the other part of the lead to the leash and pick up Bud.

Trouble, of course, had found a sweet in Algie's pocket and was in the process of unwrapping. "I'm sorry, if Trouble's in your pocket, you should be able to just pull him out? Or at least hold the pocket open and I can call for him and ... get him."

This was awkward.

Especially since Bud had a piece of shoe lace now.

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:17 pm
Alg did manage to get a hand around Trouble who came out clutching a wrapped peppermint. It was something he'd taken up out of stress when he couldn't smoke in the house anymore.

"Well Trouble is an apt name.." He chuckled because it was rather cute and tiny, and was holding the squirrel out to Nasir (who he hadn't exactly expected to run into).

Bud had pulled the knot in Alg's shoe undone and was running back to Nasir while not realizing the lace was still in the shoe. When it reached it's maximum length the ferret tumbled and rolled and let go finally.

"Is that Wil's little creature? I didn't know they came over to this side.." He'd seen the blonde with the ferret just the other day, attempted to get it to collect money from passersby.

azuxredreams

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:34 pm
Trouble, it turned out, had Nasir's eyes. Which blinked up at Algie cutely (and triumphantly) once he was being on the palm of his hand. Mostly because a moment later he was jumping off and gliding over to Nasir (where he promptly scurried to his shoulder and started working on that peppermint again).

Nasir crouched back down to the ground, smoothing his fingers along Bud's fur and making sure his harness was attached alright. "It is, yeah. I didn't know they could either but Trouble got tangled up in Bud's lead and I was trying to loosen it ... Didn't realize it was all a ploy to try and escape or that they'd cross over. Me either, for that matter ..."

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:24 am
Alg blinked at Trouble and it had Nasir's eyes, which made him start a moment, "Nasir... are you a warg?"

Because it was just like America's bird and she was the only warg he had any experience with. At least the squirrel didn't seem to judge him like Mr. Bitterberry did.

"Don't tell me Wil is too and he's watching me through that ferret.." The ferret which now had spun and grabbed Nasir's finger to bite on.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:17 pm
Nasir's finger wiggled as it was bit on by Bud, seemingly unbothered as he looked up at Algie with a caught expression.

"Yeah ..." he said slowly, hand reaching up to touch Trouble at his shoulder and then let it drop back down. "Around the time things started going all crazy I started finding myself seeing through Trouble's eyes at random moments. It scared the s**t out of me and Wil. Took me a bit to get the hang of it but now I'm okay."

He laughed a little bit, mostly because of the professor's expression and thinking Wil was a warg. "Wil isn't a warg but, uh ... He did start dreaming of this place in the past couple of weeks? Like I said, it was, um, October for me?" Most of the time he had not been getting sleep and trying to adapt to being a warg.

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:52 pm
"You've spoken to America I hope?" She was a coworker of Nasir's as well as being a warg, besides the only one Alg was close with in any way. Alg then smiled a little and leaned, "I don't think Mr. Bitterberry likes me very much."

It wasn't a surprise really, after Wil and Nasir ended up at the Ball, that they would be pulled further into the magical world. He only hoped it didn't upturn their lives too much.

"You two be careful alright?"

Bud had caught sight of the shadow bit of the dumpster, the dark bit that seemed to move, and he froze a moment before wriggling to get free again and investigate.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:07 pm
"Yeah, she's the one who helped me get the hang of it." Nasir smiled softly, nudging his glasses up with a finger. "Talked with Leila too about it because I didn't really know about it. I knew about moonwalkers but not wargs, you know?"

He nodded about being careful before he realized that Bud was moving towards the dumpster and the shadows. Nasir blinked once, then again, before he glanced towards Algie. "... um ... should I be ... worried there's something in there that might eat him? Wil won't like it if shadows eat Bud." Neither would Nasir, for that matter.

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:41 am
"Right-" Alg had forgotten Leila, snapping his fingers, "Chickens."

Alg couldn't help being cautious and reaching for Bud, "I don't think they will hurt an animal. Most wouldn't hurt me.."

Alg pointed to show Nasir, "They are alive though."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:44 pm
"I like the chickens," Nasir replied with a smile. "Biscuit's pretty cute ..." Though he adored his own familiar a lot as well which meant Trouble was the favorite (though Bud was as well).

He was shifted forward, fingers pulling a clicker from his pocket and clicking it. Mostly because it would make Bud come right to him (though he had to give him a treat a moment later, which he did).

"Better safe than sorry then? Though that is kind of cool, I guess, that there's living shadows. Do they talk to you?" He looked up from watching Bud eat his snack. "Were you talking to them before we interrupted?" An apologetic look was on his face.

iloveyouDIE
i'm sorry, bud's now clicker trained.

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:08 am
"I'm fond of Earnest myself.." But he wasn't anyone's familiar, just the chicken he was biased towards.

Alg was impressed that the ferret responded to the clicker though he wondered if Nasir did the training or if Wil did. The blonde was always thought of as the least responsible of the pair though he wouldn't put it past him to teach it to smoke or steal wallets..

"I was trying.. I've been trying actually," Alg reached a hand out to the shadows which did respond slightly seeming to reach back before they sunk back behind the dumpster. "Gloom, do you know him? He's been giving me a bit of an introduction to the shadows here."

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces