[DRP] The Photobooth [OPEN] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:08 am
It had certainly not been there before. Apparently overnight, a photobooth appeared just inside one of the local grocery stores, off to one side where normally a coinstar would have been. No employee asked seemed to think it was out of the normal and otherwise doesn't care.

When investigated, it doesn't seem to take any money but it obviously prints out pictures. Sometimes only one, sometimes the strips of multiples. Up to three people seem to fit in it comfortably (though small animals don't seem to count in that maximum).

It also doesn't warn you when it's about to take a picture so sometimes they turn out completely unflattering or you get a picture of someone's elbow. It will only capture someone's face once - and it seems to be able to distinguish between people who look identical.

But hey. Free pictures, right?

Quote:
As with any DRP, bold your instance at the top.

This may be an IC Photobooth, but it's an OOC way to get a free drawing from Pach as she can get through them! Maximum of 3 characters (+ any familiars or the family dog I guess.) per snapshot. Plz 2 give references for characters. ONE PER CHARACTER (even if they have the same face looking at you tweenz).

Once everybody is assembled for a picture, let me know so I don't jump on something before everybody is ready ;PP

You never quite know what the machine will give you once it's snapped a picture (of who knows what moment)!

I will get to these as I can, but other artists are free to grab them up too if they want.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:11 pm
It's Destiny

Maybe it was because Jamie was feeling extra cute today, or just adventurous, but as soon as he saw the brand new photobooth on their trip to buy goldfish crackers and teddy grahams he knew they had to try it out. After all, it could be gone tomorrow, the next day, or the next. What if the store was just trying to drum up some attention, gain an edge over its competitors with the hip, young, photo-interested crowds, before swapping the machine out for something more economical? What if they came back next week to nothing but lost opportunities?

Jamie wasn't going to let that happen.

"Come on, Shiloh, let's give it a try," he said, smoothing his hair down first and his shirt second like he was getting ready for something really important. "I brought some extra money," boy it would be nice to see it cost nothing, though, "What do you think?" The smile he wore had to be irresistible because it was his only line of attack. Not that he expected Shiloh to say no. His boyfriend liked a little fun just as much as the next guy.

demon_pachabel
Here are refs for Jamie: one, two. They're very different clothing styles, but you can draw him in whatever style you want. Currently his hair/accessories (lip ring mostly) would be closer to ref one. Also no rabbit parts, pls, it's not that time of the month LOL SORRY FOR 1 MILLION WORDS

He'll be boothing it with Shiloh whenever they get there, but I figured I'd post my refs first!

Melancholies
get in here

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:39 pm
    It's Destiny

Shiloh had his mind set on the teddy grahams. Nothing would be better than a bunch of sweet, delicious, mind numblingly amazing bear shaped cookies. When Jamie went to side track him from his very important quest, he was almost distraught. Why would Jamie want to do this? What could possibly be more important than snacks.

His answer came in the form of an inconspicuous (see: conspicuous) looking photo booth. Jamie was unfortunately enraptured in the idea of having some silly pictures, and not at all enraptured with the promise of goldfish. Now, it wasn't like they wouldn't go on to get these things, but they could be getting these things quicker. It wasn't so.

"You sure you have enough?" He said slyly, but the machine turned out to be free which was really weird. He had the same inkling of it being promotional, maybe, but who knew? Jamie was smiling and he knew he was trapped. Sure he could say no, but that would make him a jerk. Plus it seemed fun. Maybe. He'd be more into it if he had his groceries, but he supposed stopping on the way back would be out of the question. The chocolate milk would get gross.

"I guess, I guess." He laughed and rolled his eyes in a semi sarcastic sort of way. "C'mon, I wanna make sure we can snag all the coupon deals before the jerk-a** housewives get to 'em." Like he'd let them buy up all the porkchops again, assholes.

demon_pachabel
one two shiloh has plant powers so flowers grow all over him, but i think u knew that. his smile is lopsided! boy cant do anything right

saedusk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:53 pm
It's Destiny

"Perfect!" It was like he missed almost everything Shiloh said after the lackluster agreement. Something about coupons and housewives, words that weren't related to getting their pictures taken. It was fine, he assured with a wave of his slender fingers, they'd get everything they came for and more. They'd get precious memories, too.

"It'll be fun, I promise," he said, shoving Shiloh into the booth. "And it's free, that's kinda weird, huh?" It only solidified in Jamie's mind that this opportunity wouldn't last forever.

"Okay, you better smile," but as he chided he also laughed, knowing the pictures would turn out cute either way. Or expecting so, at least. Shiloh was the cutest guy to him, after all. Just look at that baby face.

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:58 pm
Over Exposure

"Hey, Jordan." Horace pointed to the photo booth. They'd come here to pick up some kind of special coffee - he'd heard rumors they stocked good stuff here and dragged Jordan out. Luckily the place wasn't too crowded or he'd have left long ago. Horace was pretty shitty in crowds.

However, right now, he simply looked at the booth, fascinated. "C'mon, let's do this." Swallowing nervously, he held out his hand. "Exposure therapy?"

prolixity

Quote:
ref 1 ref 2
clothing is whatever ******** bright s**t you want - he has little fashion sense

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:27 pm
Over Exposure

The coffee in question was Organic and Fair Trade and Fancy, and Jordan had taken some time picking out a bag of weirdly named coffee, whole bean, to be ground at home. The process was as much a performative thing as an actual thing; being known as a Coffee Person required a little drama over the good stuff, and it was generally amusing to play the half-real part of the ever-picky connoisseur.

He gravely took Horace's hand when it was held out to him, nodding. "No objections. Let's get some goofy pictures."

The Semblance of Unity

Quote:

Ref 1 Ref 2 Kinda metro~

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:53 pm
Over Exposure

His fingers closed around Jordan's and they squeezed into the booth. "Don't hate me if I accidentally shock you, okay?" His smiled was a little sheepish. He poked at the keys a bit. Then he pulled his shirt straighter. The booth wasn't a tight fit, necessarily, but it was enclosed.

"Get the coffee beans in the picture. Mom, Dad, and the bouncing coffee baby." Maybe they should 'Simba' the coffee, he thought, feeling very silly.

prolixity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:01 pm
Over Exposure

"Not worried. I could probably use more volume in my hair anyway," Jordan laughed. He brushed a lock of hair out of his face and moved to drape his arm over Horace's shoulders, being careful not to do it too fast.

"Who's Mom and who's Dad? Or do we trade off from time to time?" he wanted to know. He pulled the bag of coffee out of the shopping bag and pretended to cradle it tenderly, grinning.

The Semblance of Unity

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:33 pm
My Treat

"I'm a pretty OK chef sometimes." Cass said, not revealing her true thoughts on the matter as she walked into the store. She'd been planning to empty out her pockets of some change (because it seemed like even when she didn't handle money she seemed to accrue like 5 dollars in quarters within a few days) into the Coinstar so she could just pay for a few basic things with it.

Because dammit, she'd insisted she was going to make dessert for their dinner not-date that evening.

What she'd found, however...

"Okay Marcus. The Coinstar is gone..this..." she motioned to the photobooth. "I can't put my money in this."

IStoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:35 pm
Over Exposure

"Oh, whatever, you and your perfect hair." He took the opportunity afforded him by Jordan raising his arm to poke him in the side. It made the heavy weight of that arm a little better. He felt nervous, and a bit jittery, but hey, he hadn't shocked Jordan... yet. He reached up to place his hand over Jordan's. It felt better to have his hand on top; although he couldn't explain why.

A laugh bubbled out of him at the sight of Jordan gently cradling the coffee. "Oh, we trade off - equal partnership is the way to go. What should we name our baby?"

prolixity

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:44 pm
Over Exposure

Jordan made an undignified squeaking noise and prodded Horace's shoulder gently. "Hey, not fair, I can't retaliate."

"We're modern, equal parents, yeah," he agreed. "Hmmm. Brewster? Lottie? Hey, it's got one thing in common with a baby, it prevents sleep."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:16 pm
    It's Destiny

"Of course I'll smile." He rolled his eyes again as he took a seat inside of the booth. He supposed Jamie would be a total sucker for things like this; but he was willing to humor him with anything vaguely romantic. His boyfriend was a sap for that sort of stuff and Shiloh wasn't about to knock his confidence down a peg after working so hard to nurture it back up. Okay, maybe Jamie wasn't that fragile anymore, but he wasn't about to be a d**k.

He looked towards the camera. "How do you know when it takes your picture?" He asked as he looked around, smile on his face that he wasn't sure when to drop. After a few moments of waiting he turned to the side and smooched Jamie's cheek. Maybe if he was lucky, Jamie would let him get two boxes of teddy grahams.

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:19 pm
Over Exposure

"Brewster sounds like a dog." He huffed out a laugh. "And you can poke me, if you warn me - unless you want to get shocked." Sometimes, even with warnings, there were little shocks here and there. Horace would forever tell people it was on account of his 'electric personality', which poor Jordan had likely already heard more than once.

He patted the top of the bag. "I like Lottie, though. I feel like I can love our baby a lottie. Especially when it wakes me up when I need it."

prolixity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:29 pm
It's Destiny

"Oh, um, I dunno actually. I've never used one of these before and, um, I thought there was maybe gonna be a button or something. Is it just automatic?" While Jamie was fumbling around looking for something—anything—to press, Shiloh swooped in for the kill. The kiss would definitely earn him two boxes of teddy grahams, maybe even three, because Jamie was feeling silly today.

Now he was laughing, thoroughly distracted from his search for a way to work this thing. He turned on Shiloh, eyes sparkling, and he returned the cheek smooch in a really loud, obnoxious sort of way, making himself laugh even more.

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:08 pm
It's Destiny

While there was no button, the machine seemed to just decide on its own when the time was right for a picture. It whrrrd after a minute and spewed out a picture. A little strange in some places but probably worth scrapbooking

saedusk
Melancholies

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas