Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:27 am
User Image User Image

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:33 am
Had she done it?

The lion was decidedly curious as to whether or not one of their newest additions had in fact succeeded in his challenge, or whether he could expect to see her apologise profusely to the crabs she had so callously interrupted. it had been the distraction he needed following his own rather...painful injuries. While he was recovering, the ministrations of the healers had been far from delicate and the vast majority had lectured him over how foolhardy he'd been.

Yes... Him.

They had lectured their own pride ruler.

He had pointed out in his own defence, that he had won and the buffalo had come out worse for wear than him... but very few of those who had been assisting in his recovery (as well as the recovery of the others who had been injured in the stampede), had been inclined to agree with him. For all intents and purposes they seemed to be of the opinion that he should have taken greater care to preserve his safety. He was supposed to lead them after all, and he couldn't do that while dead. Worse? Well, he had also been reminded by one particularly blunt healer that if he aimed to die the very least he could do was leave a few heirs. It was a point that he had begrudgingly had to concede...

But still, he had won! Didn't he at least get credit for that?

Electing to lounge on his usual set of rocks by the shore, he was on his best behavior at this particular point in time to avoid being lambasted by the ever watchful healers again. Gods grant him strength, it was like he was a cub again... and he hadn't been a cub in many, many, many years.

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:25 am
Hima was very disappointed to find that Ram had been completely right. The monkeys had been awful and she had failed to even come close to catching one. All she had to show for her efforts was a lump on her head from a thrown coconut and discolored fur from thrown...well. Let's just say she would have rather been pelted with coconuts and nothing else.

A soak in the sea had done wonders for the unfortunate color of her fur. Not only did it get everything out and leave her as white as the clouds once more, but it curled her from head to toe as the water dried and left the salt behind. It truly made her feel at home among the Bahari.

A more successful hunting excursion was made later. A hapless antelope, separated from its herd, had wandered into the forests that divided the Bahari and the Kizi. Hima made short work of the creature and, while it wasn't anything native to the forests, she felt as though it might qualify for the bargain.

It wasn't hard to find Ram. The injuries he had sustained earlier from a rather grumpy herd of buffalo were keeping him occupied on his favorite sunning rock. It was a bit of a walk while dragging the body of the antelope, but Hima pulled it all the way to the king so they wouldn't have healers on their hindquarters wherever they went.

Muzzle red from the blood, she smirked a bit at Ram and flicked her tail back and forth, obviously pleased with herself. "I do hope you're hungry. There's no way I'm eating this on my own."

Epine de Rose
He can totally argue that's not native to their jungles and make her apologize XD She's hoping to slide by

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:50 am
SilverLutz
Oh man, inviting disaster! xD

The lion lifted a brow as his reverie was interrupted first by the 'thump' of something against the sand, and then by the now familiar voice. Aha, and thus the wayward lioness had returned with her quarry. He was intrigued as to what she had managed to catch in the jungle all things considered, there were only a limited number of creatures she could pursue which would have made that sound and he was fairly confident she hadn't caught one of the more dangerous sort...

"And what do we have here?" he replied curiously, finally turning his gaze towards the lioness before turning his gaze towards her present. What he saw before him was nothing that came from the jungles of the Bahari, if anything, it came from the outskirts and more importantly...

"Now where did you get that?" He mused. "My dear that is most certainly not a jungle dweller and it's incredibly out of season," he pointed out and shook his head. "Is this why it took you so long?" he teased slyly. "Did you wander out to find the migrating herds so that you might prove a point?"

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:56 am
Hima knew better than to let his questioning ruffle her feathers. She was going to stand by her kill as long as she possibly could.

"It was in the jungle when I killed it, and therefore it should count," she said with a smug smirk. "Quite probably lost or left behind for one reason or another, but a fair catch by my book. Stranger things have wandered in the jungles...like say...an entire herd of buffalo."

She quirked a brow at that as she sat down beside the antelope, licking her muzzle a bit to clean up some of the blood. He couldn't say that was normal, at least!

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:17 pm
SilverLutz

"I am fairly certain that we agreed that it would have to be a jungle dwelling entity, a local prey to the Bahari, not a seasonal one that accidentally fell into your maw," he gave the lioness a long stare in response to her justification for presenting the antelope to him. Credit where it was due, she had certainly caught him on a technicality but he wasn't about to let her know that - he knew better, if he did, then he would never have a leg to stand on again.

"Until you can capture a real jungle denizen, this challenge remains in place," he lifted his paw and pointed a claw towards her. Smirk flickering onto his lips he nodded back towards the jungle. "With our uninvited guests now gone you should be more than capable of exploring completely undeterred," he cooed. "Or was there something else preventing you from entering the jungle again, hm?"

He pondered for a moment.

"Fair catch or no, it suits for a meal but it's still not what was outlined in the challenge," he glanced in the direction of the rock pools at last and chuckled. "Would you like to try again or will the expectant crabs me receiving their apology this evening?"

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:38 pm
"Accidentally? Psh. It wasn't so confused that it could have run," Hima said, lifting her nose in the air in mild offense. "Perhaps by accident in the jungle, but my catch was no accident." She flicked her tail, sending a little bit of sand in Ram's direction in retaliation. She knew he was right, though, and she glared over at the tide pools they had poked around in not long ago.

"Considering the only thing in the jungle that seems to call it home and is suitable of a meal are the monkeys, I don't think I'll try again," she said as if she wasn't admitting defeat but taking the higher road. "They are too often among the branches rather than down on the ground, and as...limber as some in this pride seem to be with their tree-climbing, that is not something I care to try.'

She glanced down at her claws as she extended them, taking a moment to clean them up with her tongue. That done, Hima glanced up at Ram, eyes lidded to give an alluring gaze. "Perhaps we could eat...you could relax...and I'll worry about the crabs after that." Distractions, yes, those were key. Share the food until he was exhausted from so much food, give him some attention in the form of grooming and fussing over his wounds...and then she'd slip away while he napped and no apology would need to be given.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:34 am
SilverLutz

At some point in his life, he fully anticipated that he would witness this particular lioness debate with another that white was in fact black, more interestingly, he was starting to think that to the unsuspecting soul who caught her interest, would probably lose. No matter what the topic was, she certainly had a way of trying to talk her way out of it and if he'd been born yesterday he might have fallen for it. Unfortunately for Hima, he had not been born yesterday and he was really quite attuned to her nature.

...He wasn't sure why he was so attuned towards it at this particular moment in time, but he did pay an unnatural level of attention to the female. For the time being he would put it down to mild suspicion, she had been in the Kizi and she had quite the honeyed tongue, if anything he had to protect the poor adolescent males from her manipulations or she'd end up with her own small army of devoted thralls!

"For shame," he said at last, releasing a gusty sigh as though he was truly disappointed by her words. "I had thought that a female of such a high quality would have possessed the gumption to work out a way to pursue them without channeling her inner leopard," he lifted a brow and regarded her, though his eyes soon narrowed at the heavy-lidded gaze he was met with. "Alas, I guess you are not as smart as I previously gave you credit for," he mused slyly and swept out a claw to motion to the preybeast at her paw.

"I'll share your meal," he continued. "But I still expect you to kneel to those crabs by nightfall," he smirked.

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:58 am
Hima rolled her eyes as Ram commented on her intelligence. It was obvious from the lack of monkey remains that everyone in the pride avoided trying to catch them and she wasn't about to go on some fool's errand just to evade apologizing to some crabs. If she couldn't wriggle her way out of getting Ram to forget about it she'd swallow her pride and do it. She wasn't above certain things to achieve her end goal, after all, and Hima prided herself on knowing when to pick her battles.

"We'll see," she said with a pleasant hum as she settled down, joining Ram in the sand. "You're lucky I'm not a more delicate creature that might have taken offense to that last comment," she added. Granted, if she had been in a sour mood already she would have taken offense and certainly would have let him know. Despite the failed attempts at monkey hunting she was in good spirits and was letting him off the hook this time.

"Given that this particular prey is rare in these areas I'll let you have the first go at it." Antelope were fairly common in her diet when she had been a rogue and it wasn't as special to her as it might be to him.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:54 am
SilverLutz

"Aha, but I must insist," Ram narrowed his eyes lazily and motioned to the antelope with his claw. "Ladies must always go first," he cooed and shook his head. Let it never be said that he was without manners, he would be the sort to lead by example, even if he might have been doing so to tease the female. Granted he would have been polite anyway, but there was something to be said for adopting the imperial tone around this particular lioness and he couldn't quite put his claw on why.

... Maybe it had something to do with just how good she was at ensnaring the unfortunate.

Not that this was a bad quality to possess, it was just entertaining to watch, and to deny!

"I've had my fair share of preybeast in my time, I'm not entirely native to these parts," he added for a touch of reassurance and waggled both brows. "You worked so hard for it, you deserve to savour the first blood," he finished with a chuckle.

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:49 pm
"I did work hard for it," Hima said with a delicate sniff. Although the actual hunting and killing had been easy, she counted the unfortunate happening with the baboons as part of the whole process and therefore it had been very difficult.

She did settle down, though, and took a spot opposite the blue lion to dig in without formality. It had been some time since she had had something like this - they weren't terribly common in the Kizi either. Still, she didn't miss it so much that she wished to leave, especially now that she had a new home.

Pausing to lift her head and lick her muzzle to get some of the blood off, she focused her gaze on Ram before speaking again. "Where are are you from?"

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:22 am
SilverLutz

"I popped out of a shell in the middle of a lake," Ram replied in a completely deadpan manner, regarding the lioness with amusement as she dined on her catch. He would have to pry in to just how hard she had worked at a later date, he suspected that not everything was as it seemed and she had either made this very easy for herself, or he would be roaring with laughter by sundown... but he appreciated he'd have to save that for another time.

"Fully formed, strapping young lion, already in his prime," he continued with a wiggle of his claw. "The world positively fell at my wondrous, perfectly manicured claws," he added and sighed dramatically. "And then I took my very first step on to that bank and it was all ruined by mud, the perfection was marred and thus I became this form you see now..."

He smirked as he finished.

"Where are you from," he cooed.

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:27 am
The story was an amusing one, she'd give him that, but it wasn't very satisfying. Perhaps the Bahari found it suitable given they all seemed very fond of shells, but Hima knew she'd be pestering him about it later. Maybe the more he got comfortable with her the more he'd share.

"Everywhere and nowhere," she said with a little shrug, licking her muzzle again after coming up for air. "Born and raised in the rogue lands. Didn't stick around the actual den I was born in for long, we were a roaming family. Split off at adolescence and wandered until I found the pride my sister had settled in."

She nodded off in the direction of the Kizi. "Figured if it was good enough for her it would be good enough for me, but...my sister and I are two very different lions. This pride seems to suit me much better."

In truth, she didn't really feel a strong connection to the sea or to the lions that inhabited it...yet. She was sure she could come to grow fond of the curled fur and shell-obsessed felines around her. Ram was here, though, and that was reason enough for her to stay and enjoy herself.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:33 am
SilverLutz

"You dislike the drunken and boisterous parties?" he raised a brow at this, amused by the prospect that she was not inclined towards others like herself. Given her strength of character and natural disposition, he had rather assumed that she would have suited a place where such dispositions were encouraged to a degree. They were, after all, gypsies... and a gypsy was never as it seemed, hell they didn't even give away their real names!

"The rogue lands are pleasant in their own way, certainly plenty to see but little to settle in," he mused after a moment of consideration. He had been through the roguelands but living there had been a different matter entirely, he preferred to keep the location as a 'transit only' sort of place... there was simply too much that went on in that region to make it worth the effort to stay. Big as it might have been, something was always happening and it wasn't always pleasant... worse, individuals generally always asked for his help.

"At least the food is good," he offered and cast his gaze back towards the female, his lips pursing at her declaration. "So what is it, exactly, that you feel suits you best in this particular pride as opposed to our ever excitable neighbours?"

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:42 am
"I disliked the laziness of some members and the mildly chaotic gatherings," Hima said with a dry tone of voice. "The life of a rogue isn't one of order and patterns but it's certainly not as lackadaisical as the Kizi seem to be." She wouldn't count out their strength, those thieves were sneaky and not to be underestimated, but the lifestyle there had been too relaxed for her liking.

Now the Bahari...they had a relaxed lifestyle as well, but it was different. There was a job for everyone and they all pulled their weight. The sea could be dangerous and the jungle as well and there were no lions wandering around talking to flowers or bugs. It was a place where she felt she could emulate the lifestyle she was used to while benefiting from pridal perks.

"I think you've summed it up nicely in that question," she said, motioning for him to eat. "It's calm here. Everyone contributes to the pride. No one is talking to the clouds or the sand. Although some lions still talk to crabs, I see," she said with an amused smirk. "There's a fine mix of work ethic and relaxation here that I've found to be quite enthralling and the company is far superior."

She let a low purr leave her at that last bit. She really had only been speaking with Ram since she had arrived, but that didn't bother her any.

Epine de Rose

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces