Welcome to Gaia! ::

Displaced Final Fantasy / KH Remnants

Back to Guilds

A place for final fantasy & KH fans still on gaia that would like to reconnect / meet 'new' fans. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Square Enix, Roleplay, Cosplay 

Reply Displaced Final Fantasy Fans
RP Groups

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DreamyMarly

Excitable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 pm
Any of you participating or looking for an RP group?

I used to be part of this group on Discord, but the two admins were really malicious behind the lines. It was fun being part of a group of people who'd be social and RP together.

I was kind of wondering if anyone else was in that kind of situation or not, and where they'd look for a potential new start?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:31 am
DreamyMarly

I used to be part of this group on Discord, but the two admins were really malicious behind the lines. It was fun being part of a group of people who'd be social and RP together.

I was kind of wondering if anyone else was in that kind of situation or not, and where they'd look for a potential new start?

Well this is a stupidly late reply but it's sad to see someone attempting to reach out only to have nobody respond. I RP with Sora with Wings and Roxafox. We did have someone else around who invited us to meet their RP friends but I didn't get along with them. Those people were the only other "RP group" I've seen around. I wish we could just gather up everyone in the guild and start one here, but it would work better if guilds would notify all the members when a new topic is posted. Nobody knows what's going on if they don't regularly come visit the guild on purpose every day.

Riku Redeemed
Vice Captain

Devoted Friend

DreamyMarly

Excitable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:47 pm
Riku the Dark Pancake
DreamyMarly

Well this is a stupidly late reply but it's sad to see someone attempting to reach out only to have nobody respond. I RP with Sora with Wings and Roxafox. We did have someone else around who invited us to meet their RP friends but I didn't get along with them. Those people were the only other "RP group" I've seen around. I wish we could just gather up everyone in the guild and start one here, but it would work better if guilds would notify all the members when a new topic is posted. Nobody knows what's going on if they don't regularly come visit the guild on purpose every day.

Hey, thanks for writing here!

Yeah, it's been rather sad as I've been trying to accumulate a group of peeps interested in RPs on Discord for Kingdom Hearts. I'd love it if this guild could come together, but I get the same problem of not receiving notifications and all that jazz... It's a shame- I really miss hanging out and RPing with others! (I say this, but while I manage the discord server it's very inactive as there's no stress on reply rates)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:28 am
DreamyMarly

Yeah, it's been rather sad as I've been trying to accumulate a group of peeps interested in RPs on Discord for Kingdom Hearts. I'd love it if this guild could come together, but I get the same problem of not receiving notifications and all that jazz... It's a shame- I really miss hanging out and RPing with others! (I say this, but while I manage the discord server it's very inactive as there's no stress on reply rates)

I don't know anything about Discord. I thought it was just a voice-chat thing that people use while playing MMO's so they don't have to take their hands off the keys, which I'm not interested in, but someone told me the other day that it's also for normal instant messaging as well. I hear about it all the time lately so I wonder if that's what everybody is using now instead of AIM/Yahoo/Skype/etc.

I haven't been actively looking for anyone, we've just been wrapped up in our own thing lately, and I've been more focused on Yugioh these days than KH because I don't like the new KH games or how the story is deviating away from what it originally started out as, but if somebody wanted me to be more active then I could probably still play Riku and Riku's Replica. I like his Replica because he's absolutely not a part of anything except Chain of Memories so it would be easy for me to play him and not have to be all "Well I didn't see *insert latest game here*" or "I don't like BBS so I'm gonna ignore that..." because for that character it doesn't matter and my opinions wouldn't have to get in the way of how I play him.

Riku Redeemed
Vice Captain

Devoted Friend

DreamyMarly

Excitable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:11 pm
Riku the Dark Pancake
DreamyMarly

I don't know anything about Discord. I thought it was just a voice-chat thing that people use while playing MMO's so they don't have to take their hands off the keys, which I'm not interested in, but someone told me the other day that it's also for normal instant messaging as well. I hear about it all the time lately so I wonder if that's what everybody is using now instead of AIM/Yahoo/Skype/etc.

I haven't been actively looking for anyone, we've just been wrapped up in our own thing lately, and I've been more focused on Yugioh these days than KH because I don't like the new KH games or how the story is deviating away from what it originally started out as, but if somebody wanted me to be more active then I could probably still play Riku and Riku's Replica. I like his Replica because he's absolutely not a part of anything except Chain of Memories so it would be easy for me to play him and not have to be all "Well I didn't see *insert latest game here*" or "I don't like BBS so I'm gonna ignore that..." because for that character it doesn't matter and my opinions wouldn't have to get in the way of how I play him.

I had to try it out and test it until I liked Discord, and it works pretty nice in that you don't need to pay to have a server ^_^ You can have several different "rooms" for different purposes and also restricted access, so some can post while others not. You can also voice chat, but I don't do that at all. There's also custom made 'bots' that handle specific things for servers, like a music player for voice chat or keeping tags on RPs. I only use a toy bot for fun, which lets you play minigames.

Oof, I can kind of relate to that- BBS didn't overwhelm me, but I still like to see everything else that'll come out for the series. In RP however, I tend to stick to the Organization timeline, so practically 358/2 Days. My RP server is doing that atm- just a bunch of people who work in the Organization (canon and OCs) and it doesn't include any other canon KH characters like the wayfinder trio. There's also the freedom for people to write drabbles and whatnot- they can write whatever they feel like as long as the others who are participating enjoy it too and it doesn't rip logic apart in the overall group RP. Peeps also don't have to immediately reply to RPs and can take their time or take breaks and all that. A previous group I was part of was very strict and had admins that would smother other people's suggestions for the group. With some peeps I left that group to start a new one, keeping in mind to make it a place that is fun, relaxing and stressfree.

It's a hard task, and while I love to advertise for the group, organize missions people can go on, be the DM, go through character applications, create platforms for people to RP, it's still hard to keep people engaged. I want to achieve a great platform for others to use, but sometimes it can feel like I'm not doing anything truly to help it.

I've always came back for KH- for some reason I can't let it go, and while I love other fandoms as well, I miss the sentimentality that came with the experience from childhood and KH RP groups. I haven't touched into any other sort of RP groups, and I've seen a lot of "one-on-one" rps people search for. I don't know.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:40 am
DreamyMarly
Riku the Dark Pancake
DreamyMarly

I had to try it out and test it until I liked Discord, and it works pretty nice in that you don't need to pay to have a server ^_^ You can have several different "rooms" for different purposes and also restricted access, so some can post while others not. You can also voice chat, but I don't do that at all. There's also custom made 'bots' that handle specific things for servers, like a music player for voice chat or keeping tags on RPs. I only use a toy bot for fun, which lets you play minigames.

Oof, I can kind of relate to that- BBS didn't overwhelm me, but I still like to see everything else that'll come out for the series. In RP however, I tend to stick to the Organization timeline, so practically 358/2 Days. My RP server is doing that atm- just a bunch of people who work in the Organization (canon and OCs) and it doesn't include any other canon KH characters like the wayfinder trio. There's also the freedom for people to write drabbles and whatnot- they can write whatever they feel like as long as the others who are participating enjoy it too and it doesn't rip logic apart in the overall group RP. Peeps also don't have to immediately reply to RPs and can take their time or take breaks and all that. A previous group I was part of was very strict and had admins that would smother other people's suggestions for the group. With some peeps I left that group to start a new one, keeping in mind to make it a place that is fun, relaxing and stressfree.

It's a hard task, and while I love to advertise for the group, organize missions people can go on, be the DM, go through character applications, create platforms for people to RP, it's still hard to keep people engaged. I want to achieve a great platform for others to use, but sometimes it can feel like I'm not doing anything truly to help it.

I've always came back for KH- for some reason I can't let it go, and while I love other fandoms as well, I miss the sentimentality that came with the experience from childhood and KH RP groups. I haven't touched into any other sort of RP groups, and I've seen a lot of "one-on-one" rps people search for. I don't know.

Yeah, the top excuse for people is "I'm too busy" usually because of school, college, or work. I'll just honestly say I'm not particularly interested.

I used to really love KH, but then the story changed, the characters changed, new characters came in and now it's all about them all of the sudden, etc, and everybody is all into the new stuff. There aren't many people who still remember playing the first game back when it was the only game, when there was no Organization or Keyblade wars, etc, Sora was the only person who had one and it was special, you couldn't just take classes to learn how to use them or hand them out to random people, etc. I like to just ignore the new stuff and think about the story the way it was back then, how I experienced it and the way I imagined it back then, but everyone else I talk to is pro-"new KH" and I can't relate to them. Then it just makes me start to feel old, like they are probably all teens and my KH predates them, they weren't even alive back then most likely. I don't really have a lot of interest in hanging out with kids, so...

I feel like the KH I loved has just been completely destroyed now, and nobody wants to remember it as it was; everybody is infatuated with the new version and nobody but me is angry about the changes or apparently even notices them. It was so frustrating that I just quit.

I can't ever completely abandon it because these characters came to be a special symbol for me and Sora with Wings but I'm starting to feel like I'm not really a part of the fandom anymore since apparently my views are so different from everyone else's.

Riku Redeemed
Vice Captain

Devoted Friend

Displaced Final Fantasy Fans

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas