[FIN][PRP Sauti] Home Is Where [Damis/Xil] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:39 pm
Xilarn should have been happy to be home. He'd craved the safety, security, and familiarity of his own house and his own room for the last several months on end, and had longed for the time when he could return here to the normalcy of a familiar setting and familiar routine. He'd lived in Sauti, in this very house for nearly two decades, and it felt as though being back could only be good for him.

But the situation was anything but familiar. His formerly estranged sister had taken up residence in his living room. His son, his blissfully alive and well son, had brought home a man that Xilarn didn't trust and decidedly didn't like and that Xil hoped quite fervently was just some form of guard to protect against the ever-growing dangers of their world.

That didn't say anything for the change Xilarn had brought on himself.

In the darkness of his bedroom, Xilarn's gaze wandered to the sleeping man at his side, the one who he only barely trusted at all and didn't really even like that much and who Xil fervently hoped would not ever fully realize how contrary those thoughts were to the truth.

Somehow being 'home' didn't give him the relief he'd thought it would. Somehow, it felt suspiciously like he wanted out of this house and away from encroaching change. All Xilarn knew was that it was dark, his unnaturally packed house was quiet, he was awake with no hope of returning to sleep, and he wanted out. It was only the timing of it that he deemed unfair.

As rising early was their norm more often than not, Xil decided Damis wouldn't be entirely opposed to joining him in wakefulness.

He twisted where he lay, moving slowly enough so as to not be too abrupt when he tossed a leg over Damissan's hips beneath the sheets and tugged himself up to straddle the younger man. He really was a sight to behold at any hour of the day or night, but there was a special sort of satisfaction that came with having this boy in his bed. Xilarn's lips quirked upward, and he leaned down to touch his lips to the column of Damissan's throat.

"Damisssss," Xil hummed softly, giving a subtle shift of his hips to help encourage his companion to wake. "Wake up now, and I'll treat you to something enjoyable..."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:45 am
Damissan had not known exactly what to expect of ‘meeting the family’ such as it were, but suffice to say he had anticipated some degree of complication due, if nothing else, to Xilarn’s lingering hesitation to have anyone he knew seriously interact with him. They both knew it was coming, however, and Damissan at least had had optimistic prospects as to what he anticipated, or hoped to encounter, in Akiyal and whichever of Xilarn’s friends he chose to introduce him to.

Things had been more complicated than that, but in retrospect, Damis wouldn’t have said the situation was bad from his perspective. Certainly, his companion’s son — but a year or two younger than himself — was not ecstatic to greet him, but he hadn’t been anticipating that. He wasn’t bothered by the bedazzled retirement-age dancer the boy had apparently picked up along the course of his own travels, and though he did, somehow, surely only by the diligent exercise of great willpower and respect for Xilarn’s mood, manage not to voice aloud the irony of Xilarn’s frustration with that situation, it was a constant source of private amusement just the same.
He had gone to sleep tired, but appreciative more than anything of the opportunity to have a bed beneath him again. He woke more pleasantly than usual.

Damissan had never been fond of perzi, but of all their largely unappealing traits perhaps the single most near to earnest and endearing was the satisfied rumble of noise that sometimes emitted from them when they were pleased with the attention bestowed. His mother had sometimes garnered that variety of reaction from hers, and though he never would have made the comparison intentionally himself, in his first moments of stirring toward wakefulness as weight settled atop him and a pleasant warmth traced up the column of his throat, it was one of the closest descriptors for the drowsy purr of welcome that came from him. His lips curved before his lashes moved, his body arching instinctively towards the contact, and he reached, fingers finding a loose perch on a hip before his eyes opened.

“‘Something enjoyable,’” he repeated, as though thinking it over, though his teeth were already bared with interest. It wasn’t every day that Xilarn began in such good spirits. “I do like enjoying myself…” Skimming his thumb up along skin, Damis was struck with special awareness of the ‘peculiarity’ of the instant moment by his prior standards—to be in familiar company, in the bed, in the home of said company who was now an expected, anticipated presence—and just how pleasant it was, to be in the presence of and woken by so as to start his day with someone who brought a smile to his face before he had even seen the morning. “I am ready for my reward.”  

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:02 am
Despite the inconvenient and worrisome aspects of his life at the moment, as well as the blatantly troublesome nature of this boy who Xilarn was devoting so much of his attention to of late, Damissan’s smile and lazy sound of contentedness managed to inspire a similar easy hum from Xil, himself. Even in the surrounding situation involving the how and why they’d come to be here like this- one that Xilarn would have considered wholly unpleasant- in the dark, still, and quiet of his room, without the threat of interruption from outside sources, the older Oban man found that he wasn’t too entirely stressed.

“Good morning, beautiful,” Xil whispered in something akin to quiet reverence as he eased back enough to touch his lips lightly to Damis’.

His fingers skimmed down the contours of the other man’s chest, tracing over the curve of Damissan’s ribs and dipping to smooth over the planes of his abdominals and only barely brushing lower. Xilarn had to make an extended effort to keep from grinning. ‘Ready for my reward,’ indeed. He slid low enough to kiss his companion’s chest, then ducked down and over the edge, dragging the sheets and blankets with him to pool in a haphazard pile off the foot of the bed. “Best get up and find something to wear then,” Xil hummed, tone still quiet for fear of any others asleep in his house hearing him, waking, and thinking it a good idea to intrude upon his activities.

Xilarn moved with a deliberate slowness and stiffness as he scooted toward their bags- still packed, because why bother unpacking when they’d be off at some eventual point in the future again, anyway?- against the wall and dipped to retrieve garments of his own.

“If you could manage it in silence, I’d appreciate it.” He rummaged about in the near-blackness until he found a shirt, then cast a glance over his shoulder toward his comrade. “We can sneak out the back and be off before anyone knows any better.”  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:35 am
Beautiful…

Damis’ eyes shut at the kiss, a peculiar prickle of sensation rippling under his skin at the tone, and for a moment, that was all there was. A span of time composed exclusively of the flutter left in his chest, the heat of contact, the calm of morning, and the subtle, building promise of—

He grunted, one eye squinting open as the covers were abruptly removed in a single lump sum thereafter deposited well out of reach on the floor. Shutting his eyes again, his lips curved up at the edges in spite of himself, and he shifted his arms up, stretching and curling his toes against the sheets as his back arched. ‘Getting dressed’ wasn’t quite what had come first to mind after the morning’s greeting. Rather, being the man he was in the situation presented, it was closer to the opposite direction of his initial musings.

But, the morning was young.

It wasn’t as though he was being deprived of late, quite the opposite. Not to mention, there was a certain undeniable and building sense of promising curiosity that came with the turn of events.

Damis pushed up onto his elbows, taking the chance to observe and appreciate just for a moment as Xil moved and stooped in the semi-dark, watching the shadows play down the man’s back among other things.

We can sneak out the back and be off before anyone knows any better…

His eyebrows rose. The next moment though, with an amused snort, he rolled, slipping off the bed and over, wasting little time in joining Xilarn in the search and dress process—but not without one appreciative pinch to the view he’d been so graciously provided to begin the morning with.  

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:27 pm
As Xil collected a pair of trousers from his belongings, his first thought was to comment that Damissan shouldn’t dress too heavily, despite the morning n** to the air. All but before the sentence could form on his lips, the words were cut off into a muted scoff and a sharp swat toward retreating fingers as Xilarn’s gaze swiveled around to land pointedly on the too-smug expression of the other man at his side. His gaze narrowed. “I’m sorry,” Xil hummed, snatching up Damis’ wrist before it could fully escape out of reach. “Do you not think you’ve assaulted my backside enough recently?”

He hoped he looked suitably affronted, but as Xil dragged the captured appendage up to brush his lips over Damis’ knuckles, he didn’t think he quite managed to look anything more than amused.

And then affronted for being distrcated from the task at hand. “Stop wasting my time, and hurry up,” Xil demanded crisply as he released Damis back to clothes-finding.

If anyone else woke up, either by their own power (he had no idea what any of their sleep schedules were) or because of any extensive noise making on Damissan’s part, escape would be much more difficult. Despite knowing that Ahdaia, Akiyal, and his son’s new friend had been together and alone in this house for whatever span of time if had taken Xil to meet them, the thought of not being here when they were awake rubbed him in all the wrong ways. What would they do in his home if he weren’t here to supervise?

What had they done in the time he hadn’t been-?

But there was no answering that question, and he couldn’t imagine he’d like it, even if there was. Besides, the point of waking this early was to get away from all that before it became a bother and his house awoke to feed fuel to the simmering fires of his agitation.

Xil threw on the rest of his clothes and silently beckoned for Damissan to follow him out the back door, with an added caution that Damis ought to ‘keep his mouth closed or so help him.’  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:14 pm
“Mmm, ‘enough’ is impossible to achieve in a single night with you,” Damissan said, matching Xilarn’s quiet tone with private amusement. “I thought that had been established?”

He did, however, fail to entirely stifle what would otherwise have been a laugh — Stop wasting my time — which instead came out as a muffled snort against his wrist. For Xilarn’s sake, he kept it to a silent grin from there, dressing in silence and slipping after him into the crisp n** of morning outside. At Xilarn’s last cautioning words, Damis almost pointed out that up to a point, he hadn’t said a word, and had certainly on the whole made far less noise between the two of them-

But it was a beautiful morning, and given yesterday’s events, Xilarn evidently had plenty on his mind. He wasn’t certain how long his vow of silence was meant to last, and it seemed reasonable to suspect that it didn’t really need to go longer than it took to get out of earshot of their sleeping housemates, but he still waited until beyond that point, savoring the quiet simplicity of Sauti’s atmosphere as the first hints of daybreak came in dim slivers along the otherwise cool expanses of rock and mountainside. Then, he studied his companion.

He didn’t suspect inquiring as to where they were going would net results, but that was just as well—Damis enjoyed surprises, and this seemed to be more Xilarn’s home country than Oban sands were, so it seemed worth appreciation that he be treated to some special venture on familiar territory. After the prior day’s dramatics, however, it seemed prudent to ask…

“Are you feeling better this morning?”  

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:58 am
Xilarn inhaled a slow breath and raked his hand back through his dreads. It was better out here, at least. Not the same calming view his porch provided, but with the crags in the distance still very, very close. He set off toward them at a purposeless amble. It helped that his own personal situation outside of his home wasn’t the worst. Even inside, it wasn’t that bad, just different. And unexpected. And unnecessary. Despite the thought, ’maybe it wasn’t worth that much upset,’ Xil felt a prickle of irritation as the previous day’s adventures came back to him.

“I’m not ill,” Xil retorted. “I can’t just ‘feel better’ without some type of resolution or- or even just understanding might help.” But he didn’t know why or how it had come to this. He’d never told Aki he could go anywhere, except for with Janella, so why he hadn’t returned to Sauti when she had was a mystery to him, and if some disreputable wind hybrid did things to him while Xilarn was off performing a civic duty to aid in the betterment of one noble boy from a land previously so drowned in the idea of conquest-

Well, it would be all Jan’s fault.

He huffed, decidedly didn’t pout, and fished through the space at Damis’ side to find his hand. “I know rationally that the situation isn’t horrible,” Xilarn admitted as he laced his fingers through the other man’s. And it wasn’t, since the potential had been there that his son could be dead. He was alive though, just with some sleazy weirdo.

“I’m just worried. No respectable man stalks a teen across the country on a whim without ulterior motives.” He cast an almost petulant glare over his shoulder back toward his cabin. “And I don’t trust that guy.” He didn’t suppose there was anything to do except complain and be agitated, though. Akiyal wasn’t a toddler. Not that was he especially intelligent,either, and Xil couldn’t imagine it would be all that difficult for anyone to take advantage of him. He really shouldn’t be left to his own choices.

“What would you do?” He prompted. “If your kid was off abandoning home with someone you didn’t know, against your wishes, what would you do?”  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:21 am
Or- or even just understanding might help.

Damissan watched, listening, and it was evident Xilarn still had plenty to be upset about—but as opposed to any tenseness or confusion that might have come with the day prior, on this occasion, Damis was pleasantly surprised to feel more relaxed, almost touched in a way under the circumstances. Xilarn was well practiced at speaking little of himself and avoiding divulgence of private concerns. If he didn’t want to speak of it, he wouldn’t, and might even take offense at inquiry alone. Yet, of all the options now available to him to seek company or counsel from if he wanted it — his sister, his son, his close friend — Xilarn was here with him, and he wasn’t rebuffing him, but rather allowing the topic to proceed.

It felt to Damissan like a special testament of progress from where they’d began, more personal but no less evident and real than the physical miles they had left footprints on, and he clasped the fingers that laced into his—but whatever sanctity there was in the moment, it didn’t suffice to stifle the brief snort of laughter to follow. No respectable man stalks a teen across the country… ‘No respectable man’ indeed. Yet, the question to follow felt serious enough that he set aside any immediate teasing — no matter how appropriate under the circumstances — for the sake of consideration, and answer.

“I…suppose I would first want to know the character of the person accompanying them, their motives…and the motives of my child. Why has my child decided to abandon home, where to, and what their intentions are along the way and with regard to their choice of company. A younger child of course is different, but…the closer we come to being capable of advancing our lives independently, the more I would expect a testing of that independence, and I would want to do what I could to see to their safety and happiness without imposing on them in a way that drove them not to seek my counsel. If the person seemed truly untrustworthy, as though they might do real harm or exploit my child, then I think, regardless of the child’s wants, their safety would come paramount. But…if they’d come to an age to be making some such choices and the circumstances were merely not what I would like but less than imminently dangerous, I would hope I could stay as informed of the situation and my child’s whereabouts as possible without immediately attempting to put a stop to things.”

It didn’t need saying that Damissan had no experience in the matter himself except from the ‘child’s’ perspective, but posed with the question, Damis did think that, should he find himself in the position of parenthood one day, he would have a reasonably relaxed approach to the matter—but with hopefully more involvement than either of his own. He didn’t know how Xilarn had parented, but under the circumstances, he could only think that whatever he had managed was a feat—and that with the added complication of raising a child with another’s genetics entirely. It wasn’t that he took any issue with adoption, quite the opposite, but it seemed foolish to him to ignore the reality; there were certain familiarities passed on through the generations that came with building forward from oneself. Taking in another’s child to raise as one’s own was a blind draw from an unfamiliar deck. And Xilarn had done it young. Alone.

“If it’s any consolation, I’ve had rather good experience overall with strange men who stalk teenagers across the country for ulterior motives, so I certainly couldn’t say it works out poorly all the time. It seems to me like he’s doing fairly well, too, which bodes well for the future if they’re already familiar with each other.”  

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:34 am
The Only Black Uke

He'd asked Damissan's opinion for one reason only; not because he was interested in the wisdom of a nineteen-year-old boy or even trusted that Damis fully understood the why of Xilarn's offense, but because he wanted verbal confirmation that he was in the right. Spoken assurances that he hadn't been too aggressive or too condescending or too demanding. Xilarn thought he'd been perfectly reasonable, if very obviously frustrated, and as Damis explained his thoughts regarding the matter, Xil found that he wasn't entirely reassured.

Instead, he felt mostly annoyed and wanted only to point out the flaws in Damis' perspective: he didn't care about Callums character– that some hooker-esque suave man had taken it upon himself to trail in the steps of a teenager spoke of his character quite enough. There were no merits to knowing of Akiyal's wants, needs, and intentions because he was a boy. A reasonless child still many, many years from 'being capable of advancing his life independently' who didn't have any grounds to be making life-altering decisions because that was what Xilarn was there for. And Xil had tried, besides, to give him some of that independence by letting him return home on his own and travel with Janella, but the boy clearly made very poor choices regarding the path forward. Never mind how he continued to circumvent Xil's wishes at every turn, acting rashly and stupidly at every opportunity.

Akiyal really was lacking in the process of forethought... He shouldn't have been left alone, at all.

Xilarn huffed softly and glowered at the sloping crags ahead. "I couldn't be sure if it was imminently dangerous or not," he muttered. Though it did feel suspiciously suspect at the very least.

"I... suppose my concern lies most strongly in the notion that even if I did inform him that he wasn't 'allowed' to go anywhere with anyone, even if I told his new friend to stay away from him, I couldn't enforce it," Xilarn admitted mutedly. "Even if I stayed, I couldn't enforce it. And selfishly or not, I don't intend on being here myself for the coming weeks, so..."

It circled back to the same notion he'd had while they'd been in Jauhar, that even if he had concerns for his son's safety, he couldn't actually do anything about it, given the current situation. Xil couldn't help but feel frustrated. The whole situation felt like an iron trap that he couldn't escape from and no amount of reasoning with anyone would actually change anything. He grunted disinterestedly. The only option was to let everything play out, good or bad, and hope that his current agitation was for nothing.

"I didn't have ulterior motives," Xil informed him in a tone as offended as could be imagined. "At least, not at first... And I only stalked you anywhere because your parents asked it of me." Though he had recieved a letter demanding that he bring Damis back and hadn't felt obligated to oblige. "Also at first..."

He pursed his lips and cast a narrow-eyed glower to the boy at his side. "You're really hurting your point, besides. I wouldn't want someone like me for my kid."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:27 am
“Mm…” Damissan couldn’t help but agree with the initial assertions. Admittedly he didn’t know the boy well yet, but he got the sense that Akiyal was almost as prone to always obeying his parent’s wishes as Damissan had been. He was younger yet than Damis was now, but he had made evident a capacity to take his own way about things early, and Damis doubted that was likely to ebb with the further passage of time.

“I don’t know him as well as you,” he said eventually, “but I have to suspect you’re right.” ‘Whether you wish to be or not.’ “He seems to have a way of doing things in his own fashion and there are only so many ways to restrict a person beyond binding them up, which isn’t much of a long term solution…” He eyed his company. “And so, without much to be done about it, you might as well make as much peace with the situation as you may…he seems like a capable boy. I am sure he could have tested you with worse.”

I wouldn't want someone like me for my kid.

Damissan couldn’t help the amused smile that crept onto his features after. “And I certainly don’t see why not. You’re dependable, passionate, protective, highly capable and dedicated faced with even the most ungovernable of charges. Any parent should rest assured.” He considered a moment, and then managed at least the barest hint of sheepishness. “Of course, I suppose from that perspective the ‘does not return when requested’ portion may bear slightly more weight, but…I don’t feel personally in a position to fault that judgment either. I think…”

The flush that came with the thought was unanticipated, and Damis considered for half an instant keeping it to himself, but after a moment persisted. “My mother, if she got a chance to know you, would like you I think.”  

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:20 am
The Only Black Uke

It wasn't what he'd wanted to be right about, but that didn't make it any less true. Xilarn would've liked to think that so long as he was forthcoming with his own feelings, so long as he provided reasoning for his wariness, and explained in full his lack of trust regarding any travel Akiyal might make with a stranger, that that would be enough to at least stall the young wind male and make him think a bit before acting. But it probably wouldn't be. Akiyal was not a reasonable boy, and his gut guided him more than rationality likely ever would. It was probably best that Xil didn't waste his time on words.

The only 'long term' solution he could come up with... Kill Callum. The thought popped forward without warning and flit haphazardly through his mind regardless of how many times Xilarn assured himself that no such action would be looked well upon from anyone's point of view.

Still, he was a long way from peace.

"Oh, aye." He stepped up onto a rock-encrusted pathway through the hillside and gave Damis' hand a tug up to encourage him to follow. "It sounds fairly acceptable when you say it like that, but you've left out moody, aggressive, threatening, pessimistic, and mistrusting..." Even when Xilarn thought on recent escapes, he imagined there were better ways to handle certain situations, but their earliest weeks and months together were especially unimpressive. "If I was your parent, and I knew even half of what happened between us, I would think there were a thousand better people you could be traveling with who were more suited to you. ...I don't suppose I have to be your parent at all to think as much."

"I love it when you smile, most of the time, and I want to make you happy, but I know there are people better for it than me." He paused briefly, disentangled his fingers from Damis', and waved dismissively. "Not that I expected Aki's experienced will mirror yours, at least I hope not, but it is a matter of wanting the best and knowing that it's not. Him."

He couldn't say with any degree of certainty, even in this moment, how he felt about Damis' parents, except, "I think at this point I would trust your judgements more than your mother's." His eyes narrowed fractionally. "I suppose we have different thoughts regarding you, but I haven't really agreed with anything they've done up til now."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:39 pm
It might have been more accurate to say that he hoped his mother would like Xilarn assuming things were well if they met again at some point, because he liked him a great deal, and he tended to care more often what his mother thought of at least some of his decisions—more so than he entertained any hope his father would approve in any case.

But, as he watched and listened, there seemed to be more important, immediate issues of note.

“I suppose…” he said at length, “given eternity and an infinite number of attempts to meet and learn and make connection with people, we might all find some more ‘perfect’ individual for ourselves, but…” He fiddled with the thought, gaze traveling up the path they would make as he followed. “I don’t know if I’ve ever believed in a perfect person, myself. There are all varieties of people out there and certainly we’re not fit for all of them, and thereby some are ‘better’ than others in certain respects, but beyond that…we’re only each given so much time to experience the world and the people in it, we only have limited control over who those people are, and we’ll only have opportunity to connect meaningfully with a limited number of them from there. Perhaps I might have been accompanied by someone who was not ‘moody’ or ‘aggressive’, but whoever did would have had other faults, and perhaps there are a thousand out there who by some calculation would have been a more perfect fit for the job, but which thousand those were would depend upon what ‘ideal’ was to begin with, and even if that were fully determined, there would be no telling thereafter by way of interview or magic foresight which of the world’s citizens were among those thousand, or how to contact them and convince them to take on the task…”

Damissan eyed Xilarn. “Instead, you were there. And I am very glad you were. I might have been accompanied by any range of persons, but as it stands there is no one else in the world with whom I’ve experienced what I have with you, nor do I ever expect to again, and that, to me, has value…” He considered a moment, and glanced away again.

“I know little enough of Akiyal and less of his company, so I couldn’t pretend to know whether or not or to what degree they are ‘suited’ to one another. But I know my parents would rank suitability on standards different than mine, and though I do not believe in individuals being ‘made for’ one another, I do think more plays into it than that which is obvious to third party observers…and sometimes life provides us with opportunities that would be missed if we were too busy waiting for perfection.”

It was a strange thing, he thought, to be balancing a conversation regarding Xilarn’s son’s choices with his own, which — while not identical — had by some happenstance overlapped in certain respects. He suspected, though, that any commentary as to Xilarn’s ability to determine what was best for his son romantically was likely to fall on deaf and unappreciative ears. Easier to focus on himself instead.

“Perhaps my parents do not know what is best for me any more than you do,” he said. “But however different things ‘might have been’ and however complicated things were, I think I was lucky to meet you when I did, and I…” He felt a familiar tightness of nerves, his words stalling on a thought, and he hesitated. Somehow, ‘I am falling in love with you, you know…’ felt over expectant, pushing something that, while not necessarily tenuous, still felt new enough that he didn’t want to further strain Xilarn’s already tested wits among all else that was going on. Yet, though he couldn’t have been sure ‘when’ if even there ever was a particular moment, the thought felt progressively more predominant in his mind and sure of itself, wanting recognition. He shook his head. “I am satisfied with my judgment in that regard…” Sparing Xilarn a glance, he nudged, “…and very happy. There may be a lot dissatisfying you at present and if there was more I could do about it I would, but you at least needn’t add concern about my happiness to your plate at present. I am very happy…here, with you…and anywhere else we might be.”  

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:46 am
The Only Black Uke

It was Xilarn's first impulse to argue, not heatedly or adamantly, just enough to point out that for someone like Damissan, who was reasonably adept at positively interacting with others and seemed to enjoy it more often than not, needing an 'eternity' to find someone who would appreciate the excitement that came with him more than Xil could was a bit of a stretch. He wanted to say that once they were back in Oba, once Damis was back home and all these experiences were well behind them, it would be all too easy to find what pleased him: the girl that would go on adventures with him, take interest in all that Damissan took interest in, give him children that would actually be his-

But Xilarn found that he hardly wanted to give mental consideration to the thought, let alone verbalize it.

They weren't in Oba, yet, and there were still a handful of months that separated them from the sands of their homeland. Only after they'd successfully made it that far did the more personal aspects of a possible future even matter. Anything could happen between now and then to change everything. It already had once.

Xilarn sighed softly and paused in his steps. He reached to layer a hand over Damis' hip, gently tugging him to a stall as well. "You told me something once. 'Sometimes, you make complication where there is none.' And I feel as though that applies at least as much to what you're saying now, giving a lot of complicated thought to something that should only ever be simple. Perhaps not in the understanding of it, and maybe not even the why of it. But simple in that those feelings just are without thought or reason. You in particular have a way of drawing people to you, making them fall for you... So perfect or otherwise, given an eternity or not, I don't think it will be difficult for you to find what will make you the happiest."

It didn't merit pointing out that he didn't think Akiyal and his old man skank were interested even slightly in romance, as opposed to something else entirely.

Instead, Xil stepped forward, close enough to bring him chest-to-chest with the younger man and near enough that he could drop a kiss to the junction between his throat and shoulder. "In the time between, I will continue to try and do my best to keep you happy. I would consider myself more invested in you in every way than anyone else in the entirety of my life, at present." He stood straighter to brush his lips over Damis', then was moving past him again.

"But I did promise you something 'enjoyable,' didn't I?" Xilarn asked lightly as he strode along the smooth-faced rocks before them. "Though I don't suppose I specified much who it would be enjoyable for..."

Beyond the craggy piles of stone, crystallized grass, and tall boulders that he left behind was an expanse of untouched sky, just barely colored with the first blossoming tints of morning and uninterrupted by mountains, trees, or civilization. Just a horizon met with the reflective surface of a great expanse of water, sleek and crisp as if frozen.

And between the sky and where they stood, a sheer drop, dozens of feet down into the water below.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:05 am
There was a temptation to point out that Xilarn had been the one with concerns. Yes, perhaps Damissan overcomplicated it, but that had been part of the point, hadn’t it? That in all its complication, there was little to do but appreciate whatever was put before them, and Damis certainly had no complaints for the present. But, on a mountainside in Xilarn’s hold, with his warmth tucking near and sending prickles of heat and attention under the skin at his throat, he felt uncharacteristically content not to comment—he agreed, after all.

…anyone else in the entirety of my life, at present…

An unanticipated flush climbed his throat, and when Xilarn’s lips brushed, he leaned, tipping forward to the kiss instinctively such that it might last a moment longer—and then he was moving again. Damissan’s eyes followed him, and it occurred to him to say that he was enjoying himself so far, but there was a renewed spark of curiosity for whatever the other man had brought him out for, and-

Though I don't suppose I specified much who it would be enjoyable for…

Damissan shot the briefest of suspicious looks at Xilarn’s back as he followed him up, and in retrospect, he likely ought to have given more weight to the final comment. Knowing Xilarn as he did, it seemed more than evident something was afoot. But it had been a beautiful morning and a brisk walk without unpleasant discussion, and as he came up the last sections of path so as to truly take in the view presented, it was momentarily breathtaking.

Damissan maintained a certain fear of heights, but back from the rocky precipice and without time yet to fully appreciate any associated danger, it was unlike anything he’d ever seen before. Certainly, he had seen Sautian landscape now, but ever before from the vantage point of long rock and dust paths and crags. He drew a breath, eyes sweeping the expanse with a greediness as though such a sight might not be before him again. It was always possible.

“It’s beautiful…” he said, rubbing his fingers up his arms to dispel chillbumps as he took a tentative step further forward, still safely away from the edge but leery of it and the mountain path besides. As his eyes scanned from the broad horizon down to the water below, he hummed and shivered, shaking his head. “It’s a pity it’s too cold for swimming, the water looks almost like a work of art from here.” At a thought, he grinned. “You could have given me lessons. Have you swam in it before, in warmer weather?”  

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:10 pm
The Only Black Uke

"So it is," Xilarn agreed on a hum as his gaze swept out over the water, landing on tiny pinpricks of dying starlight as the sky tinged pink at the horizon and threatened to swallow each flickering speck against the reflective expanse before him. Of course he had seen this lake before and even brought his child to it, but never from this vantage point, and never so early in the morning. Any of his previous escapades were undertaken much nearer to the water below them, sitting on the bank while watching his tween son piddling about with those closest in age to him while others, older than Aki and maybe even closer to Xil's age at the time, engaged in what he'd considered more 'risky' activities.

From here, he could actually see the exact spot he 'usually' sat in, when he'd seen fit to come at all. "I've never actually walked up here before," Xilarn admitted as he looked out. "There never seemed much reason to, when those who did climb all this way held more of an excited exuberance for the world at large... But I figured since you were here and there is little else of note in Sauti besides the landscape, we might as well appreciate it together."

"Damissan..." Though he was perhaps a whole step further to the drop than Damis dared to be, there wasn't so much space between them that Xilarn couldn't reach out, hook his palm around the crook of the younger man's elbow, and draw him nearer. "You must trust me to some extent, hm?" He asked breezily as he dusted his free hand from Damis' cheek, down his neck, and out over his shoulder. "I don't imagine you'd be here if you didn't."

Xil looped trailing fingers around the back of Damis' neck and tugged him down for a kiss, catching at his lips and holding him there, close enough to murmur the words against him. "And I have promised you on multiple occasions that I would never let anything harm you."

However.

That said little about Xilarn's willingness to terrorize someone much younger than him, and with a notably broad range of 'fears.' Damissan deserved it, he told himself, for all the 'terrorizing' he'd done the day prior.

Without much in the way of warning besides what his words implied, Xil hooked both hands around Damis' arms and spun, hard, using the momentum of it to drag them precariously nearer to the edge of the cliff face before abruptly disentangling himself and shoving Damissan toward the precipice.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff