Submit

RoyaI Raven
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:10 pm
User Image

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

Royai Raven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:52 am
User ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A small boat, with five people on it, pulls up to Hafgrim's island. Three boys and two girls tie it up and get off. One boy and one girl shared a few features, being siblings. The younger one by two years, a girl with silver eyes and silver hair, looks at her older brother, who sports orangish hair and brown eyes.

"So you're really sure about this, Jon?" She asks, rubbing her left arm a bit nervously. "I haven't really heard any good things about this demon thing that people have been talking about..." Looking at the ground, it was clear that she didn't really want to be here.

In response, the boy, Jonathan, smiles. "Nina, I told you...everything's going to be fine." He puts his arms on the girl's shoulders. "Trust me." He speaks as reassuringly as possible.

Taking a deep breath, Nina nods. "Okay..."

"Come on, let's get this over with!" One of the other boys calls out, urging the siblings to move forward. Sighing, Nina goes with her brother and his friends, making their way towards Hafgrim's living area, according to the previous visitor's map. With them they bring a pole for a sacrifice, and a bag with what Nina can only assume could be the sacrifice.

After a few minutes, Nina, who had somehow found herself at the front of the group, sees a light ahead. "So...that must be it." Almost as soon as she finishes the statement, the boy who spoke up previously hits Nina on the back of the head, disorienting and flooring her. Her silver hair turns slightly red from the impact breaking her skin. Now defenseless, the two unnamed boys grab her from under the arm and drag her into a clearing outside of Hafgrim's abode, and call him out. Her brother jams the sacrificial pole to the ground, and the others tie Nina to it so that she can't break free. "Wuh...what are you doing?" Nina questions, still dazed from the previous hit.

Once she is secured, one of the companions pulls out a sharp knife from the bag. Regaining some sense of stability again, Nina realizes what's going on and begins to squirm. "No. NO!" She tries to escape, but to no avail. One by one, in boy-girl order, they each take the knife and carve an upside down cross into Nina's flesh. First on the forehead, then on the cheeks, then on the chin. Each one also offers the sacrifice of Nina to the demon. With each one, Nina wails, but her cries fall on deaf ears. Her brother, after the crosses are cut into Nina, then takes the knife. Kneeling by her, he smiles.

"I told you to trust me...you're going to be a part of something greater now." He kisses her blood-streaked forehead, then turns around, standing up. "DEMON!" He shouts. "WE PRESENT TO YOU THIS GIFT! A SACRIFICE, IN YOUR HONOR!" As he talks, he goes behind Nina, pulling her head so that she's looking towards Hafgrim's lair, and poises the blade of the knife by her neck, to finish the job at the demon's acceptance. "We ask for your favor in our future prosperity in return!"

RoyaI Raven

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200

RoyaI Raven
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:37 am
User Image
User ImageUser Image
  • The night was a warm chill, as it was a summers night. the moon shone bright over the landscape of the island. The stars shining bright down upon the earth as there was no light pollution anywhere near where Hafgrim was. Closing his eyes he took a deep breath to soak in the quietness of the night. He had been alone on this island for god knows how long. He didn't much care, for he was alone and away from people as the best he could be. Maybe a person here or there would stumble upon his island but he was sure to scare them off and never come back. Hafgrim's crimson eyes shifted to the side suddenly when an unfamiliar sound came to the demons ears. It sounded like a crack? or maybe a thud. The smell of blood quickly met his nostrils and Hafgrim instantly knew he wasn't alone on his island anymore. For the blood that he smelled was not just anythings blood, it was human blood.

Hafgrim eyed the individuals that were outside his domain from the shadows. A breeze shifting the branches in the trees that towered above him and the bushes rustle beside his knees.This display that they were putting on really made Hafgrim hate humans even more than what he already did. They wanted nothing more than wealth and power. To crush the people that doubted them under their freshly cleaned church shoes. Hafgrim closed his eyes and heaved a large sigh before speaking up.
    "Your journey was a waste of time, i'm afraid to say.." he spoke, as he emerged from the shadows. The 6'2" individual with silver white hair became visible in the light as his crimson eyes landed upon the boy who had the knife to the girl's throat. Hafgrim smoothed some strands of hair out of his face, feeling the roughness of his horns upon his fingertips.
    "I'm afraid I can't help you with what you want. I'm not like most demons. I don't take sacrifices and i don't get pleasure from needless bloodshed. And this," Hafgrim said while gesturing to the group, "is needless" He said, a bit harsh.

His eyes locking on the girl. Her silver hair stained with her vibrant blood. She looked petrified. Like a rabbit placed in a wolf's cage. So helpless and scared. Hafgrim knew she was dragging into the cult against her will in some way and then blindsided by her being the sacrifice and not some animal. Shaking his head he folded his arms in front of his chest, shifting his plain white "bro-tee".
    "My advice to you- all of you, is to stop following this path you are on. You think you know what you are doing but you don't. I'm not like my brothers and sisters. If i were, i would take the sacrifice, let you live your glory for a year or so then be back to take your own souls. Deals aren't forever. Now stop playing with things you don't fully understand and live normal lives." Hafgrim said, as his red eyes looking at every single person. "And you, my sweet child," he said as his eyes locked back onto the girl. "I'd stay away from this one. He's no good for you." he said, then pointing to the boy with the knife at her throat.

He hoped they understood. Hafgrim was never one to be apart of what all the other demons did. Bloodshed and causing needless pain wasn't something he was interested in. Much like a person born into a family of doctors that wants to be an artist. Hafgrim, thrown in this world to cause distress and fear wanted nothing to do with it. Which explains why he is here on an excluded island. To stay away from man and people that wanted to do exactly what these people were doing before him.

• User Image

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:27 am
    User ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Listening to the demon's words, the group's faces turn from excitement to annoyance. The sacrifice, even one so personal as a beloved sister, was meaningless to it. Frustrated, Jonathan removes the knife from Nina's throat, and goes to reconvene with his small cult. "It's not biting...you said that this plan was sure to work...what do we do now?" The group talks among themselves, with Nina still tied to the pole.

Meanwhile, Nina looks straight at Hafgrim. "Yeah, I can tell he's no good. I can pick up on "subtle" clues such as I was about to be murdered in your name. Though what could you expect? He's my brother. I'm supposed to trust him. But I'm sure a demon wouldn't understand something like trust. Neither do I, it seems..." The look in her eyes was a combination of fear and hatred. Fear for her life, as she was completely at the mercy of her brother and his group as well as the demon towering over her. Hatred because of her brother's betrayal, and because of the demon for whom she was betrayed. Behind those, as well, was a tone of disbelief concerning her situation. She had, of course, never expected that her brother was capable of such an act.

After about ten minutes, the group returns, Jonathan still holding the knife. "Well, demon, we accept that you can't accept this sacrifice. However, you have to understand that we also have to look out for ourselves." He goes to stand by Nina. "Look at her. If we go back, she'll have us arrested for assault, possibly attempted murder. So..." He turns to Nina. "Sorry, sis. We can't bring you back. Whether he accepts the end of your life as a gift or not..." He plunges the knife into Nina's side, sending a burning white-hot pain coursing throughout her body, "this is goodbye." He removes the knife, and again something of Nina's begins to turn red, this time her pale shirt as the blood pours out of her side.

With that, Jonathan gives one last look to Hafgrim. "We'll just leave her here. You don't want to accept the sacrifice, fine. You view our coming here as needless, fine. But now you have to recognize that we had to do this, for our own sake. Do with her what you will." The cult then heads off, returning to their boat, with one less passenger. Before heading off, Jonathan throws the knife into the water, getting rid of that evidence, and the group washes their hands clean of Nina's blood. They wanted no connection between themselves and what had happened that night.

With the group gone, Nina is left alone with Hafgrim. Tears had filled her eyes, tears of pain and tears of sorrow. She refused to look at the demon, hating and blaming him for her current situation. After a moment, she bows her head, having lost consciousness from blood loss and shock, the ground around her now slightly discolored from blood dripping from her face. The blood from the initial blow had already begun to blacken, and soon a small puddle forms from the small river flowing from her side.

RoyaI Raven

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
    • Tycoon 200
    • Overstocked 200
    • Elocutionist 200

RoyaI Raven
    Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:47 am
    User Image
    User ImageUser Image
  • Hafgrim eyes the group as their faces slowly shift from pleasure to disgust. Hafgrim couldn't help them, it wasn't his fault they were naive and stupid. Thought that wasn't entirely their fault either, it was mankind's fault if you thought about it. The people long before them were selfish and cruel. These evil ways must have soaked into them for generations to come, though that was funny coming from a demon. Hafgrim's gleaming crimson eyes narrowed as the girl gave him slight attitude. Funny due to what situation she was in, she still managed to have a sharp tongue. "Your tone towards me tell me you hate me because of the situation you're in. Funny because none of this is my fault. But so be it, if you choose to hate me you choose to hate me" Hafgrim said as his eyes looked behind her to see the cult still conversing among themselves. To Hafgrims' knowledge, it wasn't going so well.

After a short while the brother stepped forth to talk to Hafgrim. His tone was strong and calm, giving the demon and uneasy feeling. Humans were complicated creatures and that was something he didn't like. You could never really tell what they were going to do next.
    He began to explain that they couldn't bring her back due to their fear of what she might do to them. Tell the cops what happened and they get charged with attempted murder. They would have to believe in the demon part first. And if they didn't believe in the demon part, they would just be marked with insanity. Hafgrim sighed and shook his head, about to speak when the brother thrust the knife into his sister's side. Hitting some fragile parts so to speak. If she was not tended to in time, she would die and it would all be for nothing. Hafgrim glared at the brother as he informed the demon they were going to just leave her there. He truly didn't care about his sister and that made Hafgrim confirm what he already knew about humans. They were evil, vile, selfish creatures that what everything for themselves and that they will do anything to get it.

Her brother turned and left with his cult and with that, Hafgrim was left alone with the dying sister. He knew she wasn't his problem but if she were to die, it would be his problem. Hafgrim looked at her seeing she was refusing to look at her. He knew she hated him and needed someone to blame. Because it was easy to blame Hafgrim rather than blame her family. Blame someone she was supposed to be able to trust and love.
    Hafgrim noticed her head bow, losing consciousness and Hafgrim knew if he was to bring her in he needed to do it now. Walking towards her he could see she had lost a significant amount of blood due to the puddle she was now slouched in. The smell of iron wafted into Hafgrims nose as he bent to pick the girl up. The blood appearing vibrant against his pale skin. Shifting his eyes to the front door, he quickly made his way to it and kicked it open. (the room looks like this) Hafgrim quickly placed her on the countertop and moved her cloths slightly to get a better look at the wound. He would obviously need to stitch her up and dress it, though this injury was large enough to where she may not be able to do a whole lot for a while. Hafgrim turned to his bathroom, grabbing gauze and hydrogen peroxide and poured it onto the wound before wiping it clean. He grabbed a sewing needle from his bedroom and some standard black thread. He was quick be gentile. His fingers gliding over her soft skin as he looked up to check on her. He hoped she would stay under for a while to sleep off some of the pain.

After a while he finished the stitching, cleaned her wound up and put antibacterial ointment onto it before carrying her up to his bedroom. He laid her down gently onto his mattress before heaving a sigh. Hafgrim han his hands through his hair and over his rough horns. He knew she would hate him for a while and wouldn't be happy with the situation she was in and Hafgrim didn't really want guests at this time but it wasn't really her or his fault.
    Reaching into his dresser drawer he grabbed a large button up shirt and some shorts her her to wear when she woke so she didn't have to stay in her bloody cloths. He hoped for the best with her. He turned the lights out before leaving the bedroom.

• User Image

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:18 pm

A fair amount of time passes, though the exact amount would be lost on the unconscious Nina. In her unconscious state, she became lost in a dream. A dream which, in a way, reflected what was going on in the real world.

As with most dreams, it began in the middle of things. She was floating in the ocean, her side having been wounded by the tentacle of a jellyfish. In her shock, she was flailing, desperately trying to make it back to land to get the injury treated, though despite her best efforts, could draw no closer to the shore. Suddenly, she found herself being lifted out of the water by some unseen being, as Hafgrim picks her up in the real world. She feels herself being carried back to shore, and also that she was, for some reason, unable to resist.

When they get to the shore, though, the scene changes. They are now in a hospital, in an operating room, with her laying on a cold, steel table, wearing a simple hospital gown whereas just a moment prior, she was in a one-piece swimsuit. The doctor, little more than a floating set of scrubs, approached her and lifts the gown, to get a better view of the injury. Again, Nina was paralyzed, though now she could rationalize it as a slight anesthesia. The wound then becomes cold as Hafgrim begins to wash it. In her mind, the scrubs, with its non-hands, had taken some rubbing alcohol and began rubbing the wound. When Hafgrim begins stitching up the wound, she feels ants suddenly crawling over the wound, biting at her. Despite her begging, the doctor would do nothing. Finally, the ants are swiped away, though the itching remains.

She is then wheeled away, and laid to rest on another mattress, this one in a coffin of all places. Her look of distress almost reflects itself in her real body, as she began to panic in her subconscious. Am I going to die? Is the thought that courses through her mind in rapid succession. The coffin is closed on her, and she hears the pounding of nails as she dreams herself being locked in. From the outside, she hears the echoing last words of her brother to her: "This is goodbye..." She begins to pound on the top of the coffin, screaming and begging and crying to be let out, to no avail.

Suddenly, she jolts into a sitting position, having just as suddenly woken up. "LET ME OUT!" She shouts loudly as she awakens. It had been a couple hours since Hafgrim had left her in his room. Still dark outside, it was equally dark in the room, and she begins to panic again, not quite sure where she was. Slowly, her memories come back to her. Her brother had betrayed her, and attempted to kill her, leaving her for dead. A sharp pain in her side was enough of a reminder of that as her body wakes up enough to fully feel that pain again. Clutching her side, she lays back, her teeth now grit.

When she adjusts to the pain a few minutes later, she attempts to make her way off of the bed, though her knees buckle under her when she tries to stand. Now on the floor, she crawls slowly around the room, trying to get her bearings, trying to find anything that she could use to orient herself, as well as searching for a source of light. More than anything, she wanted to make her way out of this darkness, so that she could truly see where she was. It hadn't even crossed her mind that she was in Hafgrim's home yet.

RoyaI Raven

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
    • Tycoon 200
    • Overstocked 200
    • Elocutionist 200

RoyaI Raven
    Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:11 pm
    User Image
    User ImageUser Image
  • Hafgrim left her in the room for her to sleep. He knew she would need it more than anything to help the wound heal. If she were to be up and moving about she would hurt it more from the tugging and pulling of the skin.
    Once downstairs he started the stovetop. He knew that whenever she would wake she would be hungry. Knowing that her body was working hard to heal the nasty wound it was just given it would use up everything she had to offer. She would need protein to keep her energy. Hafgrim opened the fridge and grabbed at some meat and veggies. He sliced green peppers, onions, celery, carrots, potatoes, and corn. He added beef broth to the pot and sliced the meat up into chunks before adding it. He hoped the vegetable beef soup would be to her liking before adding the rest of the ingredients.

Leaving the food to cook, Hafgrim made his way over to the couch to sit and begin reading the book he had started. This book had caught his attention because it was about a girl put into a situation she didn't want to be in however she slowly learns to deal with it and take control of it rather than let it take control of her. Hafgrim flipped the page as the story seemed to engulf him in a trance. Suddenly Hafgrim heard a noise he wasn't expecting to hear for quite some time still. Looking up from his page he could have sworn he heard Nina yell for someone to let her out, though he didn't think it was directed at him because her door wasn't locked. Looking over at the clock that was flashing it appeared to have been a few hour later than what he thought. A sight excited his lungs as he shook his head, disappointed he didn't keep track of time.
    Sliding his pale fingers over smooth page, he tucked the bookmark in gently before closing it and making his way over to the stove to turn it up higher to boil the food. He figured by the time she was up and aware of what was going on the food will be warm and ready for her to eat. Hafgrim turned himself around and made his way to the stairs when he heard a loud thud. Hafgrim's eyes narrowed knowing she must have been trying to get up and walk about before taking into account the consequences of doing so. Picking up the pace slightly he finally reached the bedroom door and knocked to let her know he was there. "Nina, it's me, Hafgrim. I'm coming in." he said before gripping the cold metal doorknob and turning it. As he opened the door the hall light flooded the inside of the room, and made the girl upon the floor visible to Hafgrim. He heaved another sigh as his eyes drifted to the side, not wanting to look at her for too long. He felt a bit bad for her; here she was wounded in a strange demons home with no one to turn to. She must feel so alone in this world, something Hafgrim could relate to.

Hafgrim lifted his arm to the side and flicked the lights on in the bedroom, it made the once dark area light up, giving Hafgrim the visibility he needed in order to see Nina fully. Hafgrim made his way over to her and squatted down beside her, making sure she knew he was near to help if need be.
    "Nina, I'm sorry this happen to you and I know you're upset. However you must be careful with yourself. You can't be moving around too much or you'll irritate the wound you have. I made vegetable and beef soup and it's ready for you to eat downstairs. I'll carry you because I don't trust you going down the stairs at all. Alright?" Hafgrim asked, though he didn't really care what her answer will be because he's going to take her anyway to eat. He wasn't about to have her die on him after taking the time to save her and make sure she was alright. He took on the responsibility of taking care of her so he was going to see it all the way through, though he figgered he would ask first to make sure it was alright before just grabbing her. He may be a demon but he wasn't going to act like one.

• User Image

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:44 pm

As she stumbles around in the dark, she hears Hafgrim's voice, triggering the rest of her memories to come flooding back. She grimaces, in disgust as well as annoyance, though hides it quickly, before he enters the door. As loathe as she was to admit it, she did owe him her life at this point, even if it was because of him that she was almost killed in the first place. Then, he opens the door, and she is forced to close her eyes and put a hand in front of it, as the sudden light was a bit blinding. It takes her a few seconds to adjust, and by then, she was face-to-face with the demon. She listens to him speak for a moment, then with her hand that wasn't on her side, she grabs at the bed and uses it as an aid to stand up again

"I can...handle...myself." She manages to say, through the pain in her side making it difficult to focus on speaking. "Don't...need help...with moving..." Moving her hand away, she takes a step forward, though it was a bit shaky. "Maybe...crawling..." She gets on her knees. She knew that if he moved to pick her up, she couldn't well resist, not in her current state. Still, she intended to attempt independence as much as possible.

"But...soup...sounds good...might need...help...for strength...can't cook...right now..." She looks out into the hall, then back at Hafgrim, waiting to see what he would do. She knew her situation. She needed food to regain her strength, and her injured body greatly restricted her movement. Much as she didn't want to admit it, she would need his help, at least until her wound had stabilized. But she didn't have to be happy about it.

RoyaI Raven

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
    • Tycoon 200
    • Overstocked 200
    • Elocutionist 200

RoyaI Raven
    Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:31 pm
    User Image
    User ImageUser Image
  • Hafgrim watched her carefully as she gripped the bed to aid her in standing. He knew she was too proud in order to let him help her. Why would she want his help anyway? She blamed him for the mess she was in, then again if he did accept her brothers offer she would be dead and she would be even more angry with him. So this would have to due, because eventually she would come around and thank him. Thought that may not be fore quite some time.
    Hafgrim's crimson eyes watched as her knees shook and her knuckles turned white as she gripped the bed. She decided crawling would be better for her than to walk, though he didn't know how well she would do going down the stairs. Hafgrim smirked, seeing how stubborn she was. Funny how a demon was about to help a human rather than hurt one.
    "Alright, that's enough out of you," he said was he scooped her up like a princess, careful as to make sure his horns didn't scrape or get near her. His white hair swayed as he started to walk towards the stairs, ready to go down them. He was also careful as to got grip or pull on her wound. He didn't want it opening back up and having that mess all over again.

As Hagrim landed on the ground level he carried her over to the dining room table and carefully set her in the chair and made sure she was comfortable before walking away to grab her soup. Hafgrim grabbed a bowl out of the cupboard and began spooning some into the slick white bowl.
    "It's vegetable beef soup, I hope you like it and there isn't anything in there that you don't like." he said as he grabbed some silverware and brought the bowl over to her. He knew that she would be too tired to even feed herself so he would do the honors.
    Placing the bowl down and dipping the spoon in it to scoop up some on the yumminess, Hafgrim blew on it to make sure he wouldn't burn her tongue and turned the spoon over to her for her to be able to eat it.
    "Nina, where are your parents? Won't they be worried when your brother comes back from his little trip and you aren't there?" Hafgrim asked as his blood red eyes pierced her own. "And how did you end up in such a nasty mess as this? Seems to me you're too good of a girl to get yourself mixed up in a cult of all things.." Hafgrim added as he got another spoonful of soup for her. He felt bad for asking such hard questions while she ate. then again she was about to live with him for a while, what if this whole thing was staged for her to get close to him. What if they knew he wouldn't accept it and they new he would save her. What if they planned for all of this to happen so now shes right where they wanted her. Maybe they think Hafgrim will fall in love with her and they will come back to kill her and then he will give them what they want. His eyes narrowed as he watched her, thinking about all the things that could be. Though it didn't seem likely. They would be taking a large risk in stabbing her. If Hafgrim didn't save her and take her in then their big plan would be ruined and nothing good would have come out of it for them.

Shaking his head Hafgrim placed the spoon in the empty soup bowl and smiled. "Sorry to ask you such hard questions, how's about i read to you out of my book that i'm reading now?" Hafgrim offered. He knew she would fall asleep here shortly and when she did he would carry her back up to his bedroom and tuck her in and he would sleep on the couch. It was big enough to fit him and comfy enough to where he wouldn't mind. He just hoped that his horns wouldn't get in the way on a new sleeping surface.
    Pushing the bowl off to the side of the table Hafgrim opened the book that was near by and began reading. He picked up right where he left off because he knew Nina was too out of it to really understand what was going on but was there enough to hear him. He hoped that his reading would lull her to sleep quickly. As he noted to himself before, it was the only real way her wound would heal quickly.

After some time of reading he happen to look up and see she had fallen fast asleep with her head on the table. With a quick smirk Hafgrim placed the bookmark back into the book and set it down on the table. He reached over to grab the dishes and put them in the sink before returning to pick her up and take her off to bed. He knew it would be a long day ahead of both her and him if they didn't get enough sleep. As he trotted up the bed Hafgrim thought about making her breakfast in bed so that she wouldn't have to get up and move about a whole lot. Just so that she would have to sit up and eat. Then maybe he would take her outside. He knew she wouldn't want to sit in his room with nothing to do.
    Hafgrim lay her in the bed and pulled the covers up over her to make sure she was tucked in nice and snug before turning to leave and flipping the light switch off. He took one last look at her before closing the bedroom door behind him and went downstairs to fall asleep on the couch.

Next Morning

Hafgrim woke up when the sun had just peaked over the horizon. Shifting his eyesight to the window then back to the kitchen he knew that by the time he made Nina breakfast it would be a good time for her to wake up anyway. Hauling himself up he started the day by making coffee in the coffee maker and whipping up a breakfast for the both of them. For Nina, she would get two pancakes, a side or fresh cut cinnamon apple wedges, sunny side up eggs and some vanilla yogurt. For Hafgrim, he made himself some scrambled eggs.

Taking the tray up to the bedroom Hafgrim knocked on the door before walking in. "Wake up, its breakfast time," Hafgrim said as he got closer to her. He set the tray down on the bedside table so that when she was fully awake she would be able to either pick at it or put it on her lap herself. Either way, she would eat what he made her so that her strength was back and she wouldn't die on him.

• User Image

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:51 am

She finds herself unable to resist being scooped up by her demon caretaker. She does turn her head away, though, not wanting to show any degree of thankfulness. He may have saved her life, and may not have had anything to do directly with the predicament that landed her here, but he was still nevertheless the indirect reason that she was here.

Hearing him describe the soup, she can't help but wonder where he got the beef. It didn't seem like there were any cows around, and he clearly wouldn't go to the grocery store on a regular basis, not looking like that. Still, she let that matter drop.

"My parents are probably either too drunk or too drugged out to care." She responds to his question regarding them. "That's how cults get you. They attract those seeking a sense of belonging, and that's how they got my brother. From there, I didn't really want to be alone either, so I began associating with them. Then this happened." She doesn't bother fighting his feeding her. She had some arm strength, as it was mostly her lower body that had weakened, but knew that he would oppose her if she tried to handle herself, and he would win.

When he offers to read to her, she holds back a smirk. What am I, a five-year-old waiting for her bedtime story? Before she can respond, he is reading, so she lets him. It isn't long after that that she fades to sleep from exhaustion.

(Morning)

She wakes up to Hafgrim's knocking, a bit disheveled from sleeping for those hours. She tries to at least fix up her hair, as she did care about her appearance a bit, even if it wasn't to impress anyone. "Thanks." She had a bit more energy than the night before, the soup having rejuvenated her a bit. She takes the tray and puts it on her lap, and begins eating. "I think it's my turn to ask some questions. What made you act differently than the other demons? And, for that matter, why did you save me? Doing the opposite for either of those answer surely would have been easier for you. I guess I'm just curious as for the reason I'm still alive.

RoyaI Raven

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
    • Tycoon 200
    • Overstocked 200
    • Elocutionist 200

RoyaI Raven
    Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:42 pm
    User Image
    User ImageUser Image
  • Hafgrim brought over a chair that was sitting in the corner of his room and sat n it so that he was close to Nina and able to keep an eye on her. As she was eating she paused to ask him a question and upon hearing it, his face went a bit stern. Hafgrim had never lingered on the reasons why he was so different. He had just accepted the fact he was.
    Clearing his throat Hafgrim adjusted himself in his seat and looked upon Nina before opening his mouth to reply. "I haven't really thought about the reason as to why I am the way I am. I have just accepted it. I don't remember when I was born but I do remember being in hell and seeing all the suffering souls. I remember seeing the other demons and them getting joy out of the things they were doing and I didn't feel that. I left where I knew i wasn't needed and came to the surface. that is all." Hafgrim said, looking at Nina. He knew that she might not like the answer due to how plain and simple it is but he was just being honest.
    "I suppose I didn't have to save you and I could have just taken you as a sacrifice and given your brother and his little posse the powers they desired, however, that would make me the thing that I am not. If I just left you there to bleed out and die, I would be no different than the demons in hell torturing and not caring about anyone else but themselves. I'm not that nor will I ever be that." Hafgrim said as he looked down at his feet as his white hair moved in front of his face.

Sighing, he then looked up at Nina to give her a soft smile. He didn't care for mankind at all. In fact, if they were all wiped off this planet he would be fine with that. However he didn't feel this way about Nina. She was just a wounded bird caught in a trap she didn't belong in. Hafgrim sighed as he brought himself up to a standing position and looked down at Nina. "If you're ready, I'll take your dishes and ill carry you outside to the garden. If you're alright with that of course." Hafgrim said as he stood waiting for Nina's reply.
    He wasn't sure how she liked being carried but it was the only way for her to move without the risk of pulling and tugging at her wound. He didn't want something to happen and it open up.

OCC: Oh my lord im so sorry about the short reply. I hope next one I can do more for you.

• User Image

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:12 pm

"I see...sort of. There's a difference between taking joy in suffering and simply not caring, though. Not that I'd prefer the alternative to you bringing me here." She responds to his statements. "I'm just trying to look at the situation from a number of angles...you didn't have to take their sacrifice, nor tend to my wounds. But, you did do the latter, so I guess I owe you for that one. As much as I might not want to admit it, I wouldn't be here if you didn't help me out there. Then again, one can still say that if you had left when you were first discovered, I wouldn't have been brought out here. But, what can I say? Hindsight's 20/20."

She then goes silent as she finishes up her breakfast, musing inwardly about the various events that had recently occurred, and thinking about what she would do next. She couldn't go back to her home after this. That would cause a good-sized uproar if she had come back from the dead. At the same time, she wasn't quite sure how welcome she was in Hafgrim's home. If he wanted her gone once she was healed up, she couldn't very well stand her ground. She wasn't even sure herself if she would want to stay here, given the bad memories that came with her first seeing the place.

When she finishes, she nods. "Yeah, I'm done. You can take the dishes...and then we can go outside. I've watched Se7en, I know what happens if one stays in bed for too long. Getting some fresh air would be nice." After she speaks, she moves her hand to her side, over her wound. "And this may be asking for a bit much, but I don't suppose you have any painkillers here? All these wounds aren't exactly comfortable." He other hand moves to her face, which her brother's cult had cut open a bit as well. "If not, I'll manage with the pain. You weren't exactly prepared for any company, after all, and I doubt demons use Tylenol."

((It's fine. We all have writer's block from time to time. You posted more than I would given that.))

RoyaI Raven

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
    • Tycoon 200
    • Overstocked 200
    • Elocutionist 200

RoyaI Raven
    Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:30 pm
    User Image
    User ImageUser Image
  • Hafgrim listened as she implied she wouldn't be in this situation if Hafgrim had left when he was first discovered. Hafgrim's eyes narrowed as irritation flared within him. She blamed him over something he could honestly not control. If he had left that meant he would have to leave his home behind and start from scratch. If he had left her cult would have still adventured out here looking to do what they intended. If they didn't find Hafgrim they would go looking for another demon and they would have taken her life without a blink of an eye. Hafgrim stood, looking down at her, slight anger flaring in his eyes.
    "You be sure to remember that you are lucky. For if your brother found a different demon your life would mean nothing more to it than dirt under a rug. You would spend countless years being tortured. Time is different in hell. One year here is ten down there. You're suffering could be forever if they wished. You are dead, so fear of you dieing isn't there." Hafgrim said with a harsh tone. He was annoyed. He did what he could for her and she still seemed to think it wasn't good enough.
    Though, he had to admit he couldn't blame her. Her brother did a devious act upon her and she has no one now. Knowing she's all alone and doesn't want to blame the one person she loved, it was easier to blame Hafgrim. Hafgrim was someone she didn't know all that well so putting it all on him would be easier than accepting it is what it is.

Hafgrim sighed and his expression softened. Reaching out his hand he took her dishes and stood there a moment, unable to come up with the words he wanted to say. It then dawned of Hafgrim that he has never really apologized to anyone before. He never socialized enough to actually do so.
    "I'm sorry I got a sharp tone with you. It was unfair and unjust of me to go at you like that when all you were doing is expressing how you fell." Hafgrim said, turning slightly about to head out of the room too take the dishes down.
    "And no, i don't have any pain killer pills but I have a plan that will numb you a bit. I forgot to grab such a thing when I went on my shopping spree. I was in the middle of buying these fantastic shoes when some lady rudely screamed in horror, pointing at my horns." Hafgrim said sarcastically with a smile upon his lips.

Turning around he went downstairs to place the dishes in the sink and grab a small leaf off of the plant sitting in the windowsill above the sink. This plant was well for numbing the body just slightly and he knew it would be better for her than downing a pill. Also, the leaf would dissolve on her tongue. Turning to head back up the stairs Hafgrim got an idea and decided that if things went well he would go through with it.
    Re-entering the bedroom Hafgrim handed her the small part of the leaf and began explaining how it worked. "You just need to place it on your tongue. It will dissolve on its own and within minutes you should feel the pain subside." He said with a small smile. He then reached under her and picked her up. Feeling her bodies weight in his arms he slowly turned to head back down the stairs in which he just came up from.

Once outside Hafgrim walked her over to a bench just down a ways from the house. The sun shone down upon both of them, showing how pale Hafgrim really was. His pale skin made his red spine tattoo that was upon his arm pop vibrantly. As well as his crimson eyes. Setting her down upon the bench a bird chirped and flew over head as if to greet them to the garden Hafgrim had worked hard on. The vibrant colors of the flowers about them seemed to go on forever. It made it seem as if they weres on a small island, rather in a flower meadow somewhere else. Hafgrim sat beside Nina and inhaled strongly to take in the smell of all the flowers growing about. He hoped that being outside and feeling the sun upon her skin would help Nina just for a split second forget the situation she was in and help her remember that she's not really a prisoner here

• User Image

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:00 pm

Yeah...lucky. I suppose I'm lucky as I could be, given the circumstances, she thinks as he explains the situation in his frustration. My trip to Hell is delayed slightly, at least until something else kills me. When Hafgrim reaches out to her, Nina can't help but look at him curiously. He then leaves for a moment, leaving her in thought.

When he returns, before she puts the leaf in her mouth, she speaks up again. "Look, an apology from me is just as necessary. As we've both made clear, you did save my life, so I should be grateful for that. It's just...hard, in a way. Setting aside the fact of just who it was who arranged for my death, humans are rarely the most friendly of people when they're in pain." She lets out a light laugh, which stops quickly as that sent pain through her side. "Ow...right...joking and laughing doesn't work..."

With that said, she puts the leaf on her tongue. Sure enough, by the time they make it outside, the pain had begun to fade away. Outside, she puts her hand over her eyes to shade them from the sun. She makes sure that her scars are well-covered, having heard that they were more likely to be made permanent, or at least darker, in the sun. After a brief period of adjustment, she looks around. "Well then...a demon with a penchant for gardening...not something you see every day." She relaxes a bit, enjoying the scenery. After a few minutes, though, she turns to look at Hafgrim.

"Hey, how long has it been since you checked the bandages? We might need to replace them when we go back inside, and you can see my side better than I can. I-if it's not too much trouble." After saying that, she looks away, feeling slightly bad. All she was doing was either pinning his situation on this demon that wanted nothing to do with her, or asking that same demon to nurse her wounds. "I'd check them myself, but I'm still getting my leg strength back,
      so can't very well stand in front of a mirror..."

RoyaI Raven

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
    • Tycoon 200
    • Overstocked 200
    • Elocutionist 200
    -Community & 1x1 Roleplay's-

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash