Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Private Role-play
Guess Who's Back! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:37 pm
Courser, Halo, Frost and few other Providence members head out to reinforce an outpost in Wichita, Kansas and rescue a few agents who have recently been captured. While there they run into someone unexpected from Halo's past.

January 20th, 2013

Kungfudemoness
PieknyMotyl
nine1122

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:51 pm
User Image

Joel cClanahan | Police officer | Providence | Thirty two |
                                                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                        ∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴

It had been nearing two years since the incident in Sacramento. Initially, Joel had intended to head directly to providence in search of James and Lexi- point blank refusing to believe that they had died in the attack. Instead of making a direct path back, Joel ended up following a lead that may direct him to his sister, who he hadn't seen since she ran away when he was nineteen. So far the lead had only led him to a variety of dead ends, and he only had one stop left before he went back to DC. He really hoped he found something here that explained his sisters whereabouts, or perhaps even something about James and Lexi who had both mysteriously dropped off the face of the earth.

During the previous year and a half, Joel was not quite lucky enough to get by without various encounters with Deviants. He was sure he attracted them- perhaps it was his dashing good looks? Who knows! However, it was one particular fight with a telepathic deviant where Joel put together the pieces of his own huge jigsaw and realised he had deviant abilities of his own. He could block a deviants abilities, rendering them useless. They were practically useless without them. Needless to day, Joel won the fight. It's a strange thing, knowing you're a deviant after spending you're whole life thinking you're a human.

Joel arrived at the outpost at early evening, and made his way directly for the main entrance- which of course was guarded. He was confronted by a security guard who simply wouldn't let him through the doors. "I'm telling you, I need to speak to whoever is in charge," He argued, his voice on the verge of shouting. "I'm searching for a deviant," Joel's argument went on and on, but the guard was unrelenting and would not let him inside.

| Location- Outpost, Kansas | Feeling- Annoyed | OOC:

Deadly_Tiger

nine1122

Kungfudemoness

PieknyMotyl

Garbage Fatcat

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:31 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

User Image User Image User Image

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Halo sat in the armoured car along with Frost, Courser and few others from Providence. Their mission was relatively straight forward. Push back the Dominion, rescue some of their members who had been taken. Provided they were still alive of course. Given they hadn't been killed outright on the battle field Lexi was optimistic that that regard. This was one of their smaller locations and it is was a smaller and more straight forward mission that she was used to. Lexi had a pretty good idea for the reasoning behind that.

They were getting a quick briefed on the current situation from one the agents in the car. What resources and troops they had available. What was known about the Dominion supplies and troops. Location of the base where their allies were likely being held and what was known about the layout. However when they pulled up to the gate in front of the compound there was a man shouting at one of the guards. A really familiar man. She popped open the door, since the windows in the back didn't roll down, and stepped out of the car. “Joel? Is that really you? What are you doing here?”

Nine1122
PieknyMotyl
Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:25 am
Mathis Mathews

Mathis sat, quiet as usual, in the back of the armored car. Go and suppress the Dominion. At task that, in concept, was simple. But how many times now had he been on the other side of the orders? How many times had he been attacking Providence? How many had he killed for the Dominion before he decided that they were wrong? How many would he kill for Providence before he came to a similar decision? Only enough to get him to Snow. This would be where he started. When the truck stopped and Lexi got out, Mathis exited as well. The other members seemed to be doing the same. It was when he stepped out of the truck and saw Joel that he felt a little irritation. Before New York, Joel and he had not been on good terms. Not at all. Given that Mathis had gone to the Dominion, and now come back to Providence, it wasn't hard to believe that Joel would be pissed. Then again, Joel was familiar with what telepaths could do to a person.

Date: January 20, 2013 | Alias: Frost

Deadly_Tiger

PieknyMotyl

Kungfudemoness

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

CatWaffle

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:00 pm

Deadly_Tiger

PieknyMotyl

Nine1122

User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxƖȤȤƳ ƑƠƦЄƧƬЄƦ

Izzy was way too excited to be on a field mission besides it was his first one! Why shouldn't he be excited! Beat the bad guys, Save the good guys. He was antsy the whole trip there. Once they could get out he was the first. Though its not like anyone could exit a van as fast as him. He was all ready to go but things weren't as instantly lively as he first thought. In fact, the other agents were surprised to see a certain person here. Were they friend? Foe? Why was he not told this!? "Who the hell this guy? Should I know this guy? You guys seem to know who he is." He asked the agents that seemed to know this dude.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:18 pm
User Image

Joel McClanahan | Detective | Providence | Thirty two |

Joel was angering by the minute, and it took quite a lot to awaken his temper. Truth be told, he was unsure why he was so angry. He had known they wouldn't let him inside- though he had clung to the hope that they would. Perhaps he would never find his sister, he could only pray she was with providence in DC, or else there was no chance of him finding her- this was the only lead he had and she had gone missing decades ago. He should have searched for her sooner. He was beginning to believe that she was in fact dead, a thought he had avoided since that horrid night which had caused him to be hospitalised.

The male eventually conceded, taking a few steps back from the guard who was clearly seconds away from calling security. In the back of his mind, he heard a car pull up behind him- and he would have ignored it had he not heard a voice that was so familiar too him. Lexi. He turned his head so quickly it almost cramped up. "Holy s**t," He muttered to himself, watching her climb out of the car. To his dismay she was accompanied by his favourite person- Mathis- who he was about to completely ignore- save himself from punching the male straight in the nose. Lexi on the other hand he was pleased to see, and he smothered her in a hug. They hadn't known each other for long, but he was glad she wasn't dead. "God I thought you'd... It doesn't matter," He chuckled, parting from her, and considering her question. "I uh, found a lead on my sister," He admitted. "But I was also listening out for you and James," Joel didn't particularly have any reason to lie to her, but he would rather talk to her away from Mathis- whom he did not trust in the slightest. "What brings you here?" He asked, opening the question out to either three of them.

| Location- Outpost, Kansas | Feeling- Annoyed | OOC:

Deadly_Tiger

nine1122

Kungfudemoness

PieknyMotyl

Garbage Fatcat

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:30 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi tensed up slightly for a second as Joel enveloped her, though she was quick to recover and threw her arms around him too. Still she relieved when he let her go. It wasn’t anything against Joel, it was something she had always struggled with and over the years had learned to hide, but the abrupt way he had thrown his arms around her had caught her slightly off guard. “James and I thought the same about you.” Of course Izzy naturally had a lot of questions to bombard them with as the speedster jumped out of the car. Lexi could only chuckle and shake her slightly. She decided to act like she didn’t notice the irritation flaring up in both Joel and Mathis as the two men saw each other. It seemed neither of them had forgotten about their pervious encounter.

“Izzy, this is Detective Joel McClanahan. Joel, this is Izzy Forester. Joel’s an old friend of James and I. We got separate during one of the Dominion’s initial attacks.” She began, deciding it would be rude to answer Joel’s questions first without doing introductions. Of course there was a lot more to the story than that, but she saw no reason to share it all with Izzy. “You remember Mathis.” It was a statement, not a question. “Let’s head inside.” As much as she wanted to catch up with Joel, it didn’t seem wise to hang out in front of that gate. That, and she was here on a mission. With a few quick words from Lexi the gates were opened and they were all on their way inside. “We are here on a mission for Providence. Let me rephrase my earlier question. What were you doing shouting at security out front?”

Nine1122
PieknyMotyl
Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:07 am
Mathis Mathews

Mathis could tell when he wasn't wanted and in this situation he wasn't needed either. He was, however, needed for the mission. So that is where he put his focus. Mathis saddled up beside Lexi and whispered to her "You talk to him, I'll go and collect reports on what needs to be done." He would then go to Izzy and say the same thing before dismissing himself. While the other's socialized he would be going around to figure out exactly what they needed to to do reinforce the outpost. That was rather simple. They needed more deviants. The answer to the first problem was the question to the second. Where were their agents? That was what Mathis began working on next. He would collect information, analyze it, and come back to Lexi, Izzy and Joel when he had something useful.

Date: January 20, 2013 | Alias: Frost

Deadly_Tiger

PieknyMotyl

Kungfudemoness

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

CatWaffle

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:57 pm

Deadly_Tiger

PieknyMotyl

Nine1122

User Image

Izzy perked up when he knew this was a good guy. Though with Mathis excusing himself more stoically than usual it confused him a bit. He always had that slightly annoyed look like he had an itch he could never scratch. God that would suck. Back to reality though that thought to everyone else would have only been one second tops. When Halo introduced him he waved with a smirk and would shake a hand if offered. Though if the guys was giving out hugs to everyone but Mathis he would take one, but Mathis may need a hug too.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:22 pm
User Image

Joel was pleased to see her, glad they had both made it out alive. The attack had not been pleasant to say the least and had led Joel to become MIA for a year and a half. Perhaps when his search for his sister proved to be pointless he would return back to work. “Where’s James now?” He asked glancing towards the car hopefully, already knowing he wasn’t there. He watched Mathis out of the corner of his eye as he skulked off into the building. He doubted they would ever be on good terms. The man had a stick up his arse.

“Pleasure to meet you Mr. Forester,” He said, shaking the young male’s hand firmly. “How did you end up running around with a bunch of no good Deviants?” He winked at him playfully, a small smirk on his face. Perhaps it was okay to make such jokes now that he knew himself to be one also. It was weird. Joel followed Lexi through the gate, holding himself from making a certain finger gesture at the guards. It seemed he had been triumphant in gaining access to the base. He pondered her question. “I found a lead on Lana, my sister,” He muttered with a small sigh, his tone becoming slightly more serious. “I was hoping she might be at one of the outposts, so I was trying to get inside or talk to someone who might have seen her. I’ve been all over the country following this lead. The only two places on my list are here and DC,” Joel explained.

| Location- Outpost, Kansas | Feeling- Relieved | OOC:

Deadly_Tiger

nine1122

Kungfudemoness

PieknyMotyl

Garbage Fatcat

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:01 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi only nodded to Mathis. She could hardly argue with him, they were here to complete a mission not to socialize. If anything she was thankful he was willing to go do the mission prep work leaving her free to speak to Joel without worrying about holding the whole operation up. “James is back at HQ. I can probably arrange for you to travel back with us once we are done here. “ She didn’t see an issue with one more person on the aeroplane home. Until then he could stay at the outpost until their job was complete. With Izzy being new and Mathis being…well Mathis it left Lexi as the highest ranked person there at the moment.

Lexi shock her head slightly at Joel as he gave the guards the finger. She was beginning to see how the shouting match had started in the first place. “I didn’t know you had a sister.” Though to be fair Joel didn’t know she had a brother. Outside of Mathis, no one knew she had a brother. “What made you think she was here?” A list of everyone who was at the outpost shouldn’t be too difficult to find. Izzy could probably grab it before her and Joel finished crossing the parking lot to the outpost building, but it wouldn’t be wise to handle such information out in the open.

Nine1122
PieknyMotyl
Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:47 pm

Deadly_Tiger

PieknyMotyl

Nine1122

User Image

Izzy was glad this guy seemed pretty chill. "Well, who said I wasnt rotten myself?" He said replying back with more sarcasm. Ok time to be serious. This cool dude was looking for his sister and this place may have awnsers. "Well if you know what you needed to get and general location perhaps i can run in and grab it" Izzy offered

CatWaffle

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

PieknyMotyl

Garbage Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:39 am
User Image

Joel grinned. "That would be awesome, thanks," He said regarding the lift back to HQ. It would be lovely to see dear old James again, and heading back with Lexi would be the safest way to get there. He was grateful she had even remembered him, he had been missing for over a year and often people moved on. Joel was sure he had never told anyone other than James about his little sister, though he assumed it would be best to tell her now so that she could help him better- if she could at all. "She was a deviant, when I was nineteen our house was raided by hunters. They shot and killed both of my parents and tried to kidnap me thinking I was the deviant. I passed out and woke in a hospital a week later, I still don't know if she got away or if they took her," He shook his head sadly, he still felt guilty all of these years later. "I've tried every outpost in the country, this was the last," He put his hands into his pockets uncomfortably. "If she's here, can I go in with you?" He asked hopefully, knowing he probably wouldn't be allowed too far inside.

Deadly_Tiger

nine1122

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:45 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

“That’s terrible Joel. I had no idea.” The group of three had reached the building now, passing a couple of Deviant’s in the Providence uniform standing guard. She gave them her I.D. to inspect before they were waved through. It seemed almost backwards in some ways that the well held territories like D.C. had higher security, but she supposed they only had so many resources and needed to allocate them as leadership felt necessary. With the shifting front lines they were more likely to lose their investments in the outposts. Once inside the building she continued. “Izzy, can you track down Agent Wasp, and meet us in the war room?” She didn’t generally like to use people for her errands, but the speedster seemed to be itching for something to do. Perhaps he would run into Mathis during his venture, or perhaps Mathis was already in the planning room every outpost had, referred to as the war room. Either way Agent Wasp, the Deviant in charge of intel for this location would be able to tell them if his sister was here. She waited until the young speedster left, and the pair had reached the room in question before addressing Joel’s request. Stopping in the hall just outside the so called war room, Lexi looked at Joel. “Joel….I can’t let a civilian come with us on a mission.”

Nine1122
PieknyMotyl
Kungfudemoness

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PieknyMotyl

Garbage Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:01 pm
User Image

Joel grimaced. His history was not something he often talked of, but he thought it fitting that he at least told her where he had been for the past eighteen months. "I haven't told many people, it's pretty depressing," He commented. Soon they were inside the building, with the thanks of Lexi's ID which was truly a godsend. The inside was pretty drab, though he expected any military style base would probably be like that. Joel could only hope that they would have news of his sister, however positive or negative it may be. His brow furrowed as Lexi declared he couldn't go on the mission with them. "Not on the mission, I just want to see anything about my sister, if there even is any" He pleaded. "And anyway I am a... was a detective," He nodded, as though that would solve the case. He was hardly unqualified, though he was honestly only here to look for his sister.

Deadly_Tiger

nine1122

Kungfudemoness

Private Role-play

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out