[PRP] may fortune favor the ******** (alexis & ro) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:43 am
"Yo! What the ********>?" Roman squinted up at the roof of his building but the figure he'd seen had disappeared as soon as they realized they'd been spotted.

He'd been closing up shop, about to walk down to Darlene's for some food and drink, when he'd just happened to glance up and notice the stranger above him, watching.

"I don't know what the ******** you're doin', but you need ta get the ******** down from there!" He didn't really wanna climb up... the fire escape was a pain in the a** to reach... but he would if he had to.

da3kie

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:11 am
There were some blessed moments of silence, punctuated only by cars on nearby roads, the whistle of the wind -- and a throaty voice saying, quietly, "oh, s**t." A couple of sticks came tumbling off the roof, and there was the sound of foot on tile, a thump around the side of the building; Alexis came into view slowly, their hair frizzing out of a braid, ankle monitor a dark band around their socks.

"s**t. Sorry -- this your place? Didn't think anyone was here."

GhouIs

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:38 am
Roman frowned at the stranger. He crossed his arms over his chest, displeased with the situation. He glanced pointedly at Alexis' ankle bracelet then leveled his gaze at them.

"What were you doing up there?"

If there was anything Ro was protective of, it was his home and business. Alexis had just been stomping around on top of both.

Daekie

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:59 am
Roman glanced at their monitor, and Alexis' fingers clenched, their eyes dulled -- ********, fine, it didn't matter what some guy thought, they knew that, but it hurt after -- all this time. To know mistakes they didn't remember had ruined their life, and would continue to, onwards and onwards; that this would always be on their record, unless the world reset again, in which case the odds were none of this would matter. It'd be another them, another time.

"I like t'climb. Won't do it again." They ducked their head, brows furrowed. "Sorry."

GhouIs

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:34 am
Roman continued to frown at them. They seemed apologetic enough, but he'd been around long enough to know that even the most innocent looking could pull off some serious s**t. He'd have to go up there later and make sure they weren't trying to break in. The old door up there was heavily locked, hadn't been opened in years, and was probably fool-proof, but he wouldn't be able to shake the idea that maybe- just maybe- they had figured out a way to shimmy it open.

"Probably not a good idea to be climbin' around on top of stores. I'm not real fond of cops so I'm not gonna call 'em or anything, but not everyone here is as kind to trespassers." He said plainly, then indicated Alexis' anklet with a nod. "What'd ya get that thing for?"

Daekie

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:13 pm
Alexis was smallish, lanky, shifting from foot to foot; they looked shifty, but only in the sense it was clear they would rather not be having this conversation. Bone-deep tiredness permeated their being, but Roman's question caught them off guard - nobody ever asked -and their eyebrows went up as they contemplated an answer that didn't sound batshit insane.

"Y'know how Steinbeck got ******** up last year? Road got all torn up, nearby piping was trashed, it was off limits for weeks?" A soft little huff of breath. "I don't got my magic anymore. Don't worry 'bout that. You're not in any danger."

GhouIs

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:28 pm
Ro raised an eyebrow. He resisted the urge to step back. How could someone so small do so much damage?

"I didn't know magic could be lost." He said, though it wasn't saying much seeing as he didn't really know anything about magic. Cid had tried to explain some stuff, but seeing as Cid wasn't magic either they could really only guess at what it was like. He looked at Alexis' anklet again.

"Did ya wreck it on purpose?" Cops could be unfair sometimes. Especially to young shifty kids like Alexis. He'd gotten into plenty of trouble during his youth, too. Probably would have gotten into a lot more, had magic been involved. s**t though, I'm being intrusive aren't I? "You don't have to answer if you don't want to talk about it."

Daek1e

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:11 pm
"Not usually," Alexis replied, curt, with the strong implication of and that's where we stop talking about it, buddy. "'s a long story. You ain't gonna believe me if I tell you." God, but they wanted someone to believe them when they said this wasn't their life, wasn't their universe, they had no way to go back - it was a stupid thing to say. Nobody would believe that if they didn't already know it was true.

GhouIs

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:25 pm
"Yeah... you're probably right." Curiosity gnawed at him but he fought against it. The less I know about this s**t, the better. Still. He felt strangely drawn to Alexis. They were young, obviously hurting. Probably lonely, seeing as they had nothing better to do than sit around on rooftops that didn't belong to them.

Ro sighed and dropped the tough guy act. He reached a hand out and would give Alexis' a firm shake, should they take it.

"I'm Ro." He said. "Ya hungry or somethin'? I was 'bout to go grab some booze and a bite to eat from Darlene's. I'll buy you somethin' too if you promise to stay the ******** off my roof from now on."

Daekie

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:07 pm
Contemplation, briefly, crossed their features; Alexis stared at Roman's hand like it was a bear trap and they were an extremely stupid bear. Their hands stayed in their pockets, hidden, safe. They did not take him up on the handshake.

"Yeah, sure. Don't need to work today, so they can't give me s**t 'bout getting dirt on the plates." And their grin slowly emerged, a little sardonic, testing the waters. "'Course, only works as long as you're payin'. My endless patience works best when I'm bribed."

GhouIs

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:18 pm
"Oh, do you work there? I don't think I've ever seen you..." Ro retracted his hand. He hadn't really expected them to take it, but it was a gesture he always tried to make when introducing himself. It was more habit than anything else.

"Is it you or me that'll be needing the patience?" Slightly, he smirked. He was very aware they hadn't said their name, but he figured they would when they felt like it. He doubted prying would get them anywhere with the sort of personality they'd displayed to him thus far. He turned in the direction of Darlene's. "C'mon, let's walk."

Da3kie

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:23 am
"I bus tables," Alexis snorted dismissively, "I do it better when nobody knows I'm there." It was true, really, even if not quite in those terms. Smallish, light-footed; still used to doing it in the stretches where people weren't looking to avoid their magic's effects -- they were a born sneak, and it was good that way, for the job they'd been given.

GhouIs

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:31 pm
Ro nodded. Right. They were an odd person, and he was generally used to dealing with all sorts of odd people, but they were, well... particularly odd.

"So, what do you do when you're not bussing tables, causing magical mayhem, or sitting around on roofs? Got any, uhhh, hobbies? Passions?"

Daekie

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:49 pm
Alexis actually had to contemplate that, for a moment. Their brows furrowed -- they shifted a little to the side, making sure he was a little more to their right. "Like t'run. Catching up on some old reading. 'Sides that, not much."

Two months on, almost, they slept so often it felt like release; less than they had, at the onset, when sleep was the only way to pretend they were complete and not half-a-husk. But it was still comforting, the times they didn't dream of Rill's face contorted in fear and pain, her corpse-body and her bloodied remains of a throat - falling into the void, a shot ringing out, the Spinel Lady and the Burning Man holding them and holding them so tight -- memories were fickle. It was generally worth the chance of a nightmare, to sleep the time away.

GhouIs

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:07 am
"Running? Nice. I did cross country in high school. I've retired my running shoes since then, though. Don't really have the time or the motivation that I used to have." Not to mention all the bad habits he'd picked up since have probably done quite a number on his lungs.

"What sort of books are you into?"

Daekie

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas