Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:09 am
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

It wasn't that often that Saraf got leave and the leave that he'd taken had brought him back to Sulburi. He found himself instantly wondering if he should go straight to looking for the missing healer... but he decided against it. He'd look like a bit of a fool if he went rushing after her instantly after all. Besides, his mother would never forgive him were he to go somewhere else first after getting into town without so much as a visit home. He'd check in with her first, make sure that she was doing alright with the bodyguard that he'd hired on for her, then he would see about heading off to try to find any clue as to where Arima had gotten off to.

Grane had been checked into the stables that were used by the army, left to be cared for and kept comfortable until his return. One of those things that he had to do because there were no stables at the house in which his mother was living presently. It made him consider for a moment having her moved... but she'd been in the house for a long while. It would be silly to try to get her to move now. She was likely happily settled there after all. Instead he'd stick with keeping Grane at the army's stable even if it was a little more out of the way then one might care for.

Upon getting close to home he heard a very familiar mewling sound, that of his pet perzi. It seemed that the cat had realized he was coming sooner then anything and had come to greet him. Leaning over he scooped the beast up, "Hello Elred." He murmured before heading toward the house to seek out his mother.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:16 pm
Orpheus Solon

Issaly hummed as he finished folding the blankets for Saraf's Mother. After he had been shown in it was a happy...loud...reunion. The youth explaining what he understood and what he was told. He cried a little, she hugged him tightly. He then busied himself with doing small chores as he explained his trade. Now he was bringing in the blankets that were put out that morning. As he finished putting the last one in the basket. He stood turning around to see....

SARAF!!!!!

The military man would hear a rather loud squeak as he dropped the basket to stare at him. Issaly looked wildly around. "A-ah...Saraf! I...I...." he looked around as Therus fluttered to his shoulder. "I was just visiting..."  

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:39 am
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Saraf starred for a long moment at the Shifter that was standing before him with his good eye narrowing a bit. Taking a step back out the door he made sure that he was in the right house before stepping back inside. So once again strangers were invading his house, hm? Well, not presently his house as he was staying with his unit of late... but still, strangers invading his mother's house didn't sit any better with him. He seemed to be considering his words at the moment as he was displeased with the ambush but at the same time he was a bit... regretful of the way that things had gone with this one in the past.

"Why are you here?" He said that he was 'just visiting' but that didn't really seem plausible given everything that happened between Saraf's family and Issaly's family in the past. For him to just appear like this before Saraf felt... suspicious to him. He'd give him the benefit of the doubt so long as the Shifter brat hadn't done anything to upset Saraf's mother up to this point.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:28 pm
Orpheus Solon

Issaly looked nervous for a second. Looking around at his feet. "I...I wanted to talk..." he put the basket inside the door. Calling inside that Saraf was home. He then leaned back to stand off to the side. "Is that not allowed now?"  

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:50 pm
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Saraf continued to stare before he walked forward, motioning for the Shifter to follow along after him. He went into the kitchen where he could hear his mother chatting to Kiel, the bodyguard that he'd hired on to keep her safe and keep her company. He looked into the kitchen, watching the pair of them for a moment, before he then turned back to Issaly once more. There was a loooong moment of silence before he said, "The courtyard then."

Knowing that his mother was fine then he felt that it was fine for them to talk then. Had the Shifter brat done anything to upset her then he'd of dealt with him... but her mood seemed forever happy so he was happy. Not that it showed. Instead he looked serious as he lead the way to the small courtyard, waiting for Issaly to join him.

Once they were there he closed the door behind him, "Speak then."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:20 pm
Orpheus Solon

Issaly followed the elder. Making himself as small as possible as he found a spot to lean against. His beasts were in a different courtyard...sleeping. Therus was sitting on a nearby stone watching the pair. His pose allowed Saraf to see the scar on his leg as the youth toed the ground with the other foot. He took a deep breath. "Is---" he stopped. "The idiot I call blood kin..." that flowed better for him. "Lied to me...all those years ago. The edge of my memories. I was promised that you and your Mother were going to get a letter. See. The idiot told me about the rest of our kin. We were seperated...I found one! He was here in Oba---"

He paused as he thought about that. "Oh....he was here in Oba...that...might not be a good thing...since...the war...and the slave thing..." his shoulders dropped as he started to play with the tip of his braid. "He was still wrong. He lied to me. He said he would tell you that we were going to look for the rest of our brothers...he said..." a sniffle.  

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:34 am
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Saraf gave a humming sound. Given all the time that had passed since Issaly was just a tiny child clinging to his mother's skirts he felt that it was just... too little too late. Why should the Shifter be forgiven so easily even if it was his brother's doing initially? How long had he known? Why hadn't he at least sent a letter after he'd found out to put Emi's heart at ease? Why would he instead just continue to be evasive instead? The answer came to him easily, it was the fact that Saraf had been so quick to rage at him so long ago in Sauti. Of course the boy wouldn't want to do anything more to enrage him.

After a long moment of thought he finally said, " As far as you are concerned if my mother forgives you then I will let it go. Your brother is different though. If he thought to come sniffing around here after his thieving actions then I would be likely to give him a good punch." Or two... or three... it all depended on his mood that day he supposed. He supposed when it came down to it no matter how displeased he was with everything that had happened it was difficult to take it out on one that was a baby at the time.

Lifting a hand he waved it and said, "It's just how the Gods and Goddesses chose things to be I suppose, they decided that you were never meant to be a brother to me. Likely because you have enough of them of your own to deal with." Stupid ones and perhaps less stupid ones alike he added to himself silently.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:07 pm
Orpheus Solon

A pause...he slowly looked up at the elder. A brother? He straightened a little. "I mean....she has spoken to me and I'm helping around here for a bit." he looked around. "I...I wouldn't mind...trying to start over again as friends? I mean...You know a lot about Janarim's right?"

He looked around. "I have a Janarim...you most likely remember from that war..." he walked out into the courtyard till he felt his foot hit a thick tail. He followed his line of sight. "Your the lazy Snapptrotter...who I have to feed soon." he stepped over and made a victorious sound. "Okay found him! See. I have a Janarim and I'm not sure how exactly to properly groom him..."

He looked back to the elder. "Got any pointers?"  

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:34 am
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

"That seems to be a good sign." Though his mother was the sort that would be kind to anyone, not just someone like Issaly he supposed. It wasn't as though it was some special treat that allowed him to be treated in such a manner by her. Still, he should take it as a sign. If his mother was able to forgive Issaly for everything that happened then he'd do the same... but it was Issaly only, not Isaris. That man was too deceptive in nature to be trusted or forgiven at this moment in time.

"Janarim?" He watched the boy as he searched around until he found his janarim, "Hm. I can't say that I am the master of them, I only recently got mine. I could introduce you to someone that knows all about them though if that is what you want?" That would be... interesting. Given the nature of the one that had trained Grane he'd almost feel bad giving Issaly over to her company.

Crossing his arms over his chest he looked the boy over that was asking for pointers, "Hmm... there is about a one hundred percent chance that Vanna is getting sloshed at the bar... are you even old enough to go into one of those yet?"  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:09 pm
Orpheus Solon

Issaly paused as he thought about it. Was he? "Uhm, I think I have another week on that..." he paused. "Oh wow. I do!!! I just remembered!!" he let out a happy little cheer. "Saraf I'm almost an adult!!!"  

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:28 am
SwordOfTheDarkOnes
=

Saraf starred at Issaly as he seemed to be thinking it over, seemingly recalling that he had a birthday coming up. It really didn't matter he supposed if it was something that was around the corner, not as though the bar demanded exact ages or something. They just didn't want to sell to children since that would likely get them into all manner of trouble. Saraf would never bring someone like Arima to the tavern, even if she wanted to go to such places, because she was a girl. Issaly on the other hand he saw no reason not to bring even if he sort of looked like a girl. The misunderstanding would be noticed quickly he was sure and nobody was likely to bother him. Save for those that he was thinking of bringing him to meet with. That was just the nature of the Outcast Unit though.

"I should bring you to meet with Vanna then. If anyone can help you with all your janarim issues it would be her. She's... a..." He trailed off, trying to think about how exactly to describe her before he said, "She's the most talented Beast Master in the unit I serve. She knows her stuff." There we go, that was the nicest way to go about putting it he decided to himself.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:59 am
Orpheus Solon

Issaly tilted his head as Saraf seemed to pause about how to describe this person. Alrighty then...wasn't so odd. He nodded. "Alright. Is this bar nearby?"

He was only a bit worried about going into one of those. With his body build and such there are times when he really disliked his lot in life. Mostly because he didn't have Aysun to hide behind. Well, that was okay. He could do this. He mentally steeled himself for this. "Is it alright if Therus stays with me?"  

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:39 pm
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

"Somewhat close." Was he really going to bring the kid to a bar to meet with a more then likely drunk Vanna? He found himself wondering what he'd of done if the boy had actually been raised here in Oba. It was kind of hard to say. The boy would likely be seen as his brother so... maybe he'd be serving alongside him in the Outcast Unit? Given his slight build it was hard to say though, they might have ended up teasing him a bit but in the end it wasn't something worth thinking about. He'd set up the meeting with Vanna, let them talk, that would surely make up for what happened back in Sauti.

Giving the strange creature named Therus a glance he nodded, "That one only. The rest stay here where they won't risk causing trouble." He wondered how well trained they were. He was of a mind to ask, not wanting such beasts to risk harming his mother or Kiel. Best that they were kept separate from his mother and her bodyguard while they went to speak with Vanna.

Turning on his heel Saraf started forward a few steps, pausing at the door that went inside, and looked over his shoulder, "How long do you plan to stay?" A part of him wanted to ask 'this time' but he silenced that part. It wasn't Issaly's fault after all, it was that of Isaris. If he was going to take old anger out on anyone it would be that one... who was conveniently not present for the proceedings. He could only imagine where that one was. After a moment of wondering he asked, "Where is he? Isaris I mean."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:27 am
Orpheus Solon

Issaly mused to himself. What if he stayed here in Oba? Would he of found a whole different life? Most likely...though he knew that missing out on someone like Aysun was a shame. The elder hybrid was just a refreshing person so, Issaly felt better for of being able to meet him. He felt bad that Saraf lost out on a little brother figure, but at least the elder wasn't so harsh as to not wanna be friends. Issaly blinked. "Oh...Ullyee already laid down the rules when we got here. Its why their in here."

He looked to the Zanteer who stepped out into view. Her eyes spoke her protective intent. "Saraf, Ullyee...she's pretty much the Alpha of this group." She inclined her head in greeting to the warrior.  

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:51 am
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Saraf lifted an eyebrow as he mentioned that 'Ullyee' had already laid down the rules that she was the 'alpha' of the group. He gave a shake of his head before he said, "Shouldn't the one that rules over the group be you?" That was how it was with his own janarim, he had defeated the beast in combat, had captured him with his own bare hands, then had Vanna take over with his training after that. The beast was powerful and loyal, he knew who was in charge, he obeyed orders. What about Issaly though? Didn't leaving the zanteer in charge put him in danger? What if they turned on him?

"Perhaps a visit to Vanna really is important. You can't let the beasts be in charge lest they start walking all over you... and I doubt you'd last long if they did since you're a bit scrawny. Does your brother not take good care of you?"

Words that might sound familiar to him as Emi had told him he was 'too skinny' and 'needed to eat more' during lunch. Words that she'd said a moment before trying to load Issaly's plate with a ton of food, wanting to make sure that he was well fed while he was here with them.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff