Welcome to Gaia! ::

Empty Weyrs & Scattered Wings

Back to Guilds

AU Non-canon Pern RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragon, Firelizard, Wher, Impression 

Reply Events
[Closed] Easter Firelizard Egg Hunt [26.7.181] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Submit

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Questionable Survivor

9,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:56 am
Easter Firelizard Egg Hunt


It has been a just over a month since Malsalth's passing. With no gold in Fort to keep them out of her nesting site firelizards have claimed the hatching cavern. Numerous female firelizards have taken to laying their clutches in the heated cavern. The Headwoman has finally had enough with the situation. It is disrespectful and frankly the firelizards are making the place filthy. The cavern is full of shell fragments, prey remnants and other rubbish that the Weyr's population of firelizards have dragged in. The Headwoman is calling for volunteers to help clear out the cavern. Dragons are needed to make it clear that this is a dragon nesting place, not for firelizards, while human volunteers are needed to help clear out the mess. The Headwoman has guaranteed that she will find homes for any firelizard eggs unearthed during the clean-up, but volunteers are welcome to keep any they find if they wish.

How to play
Below is a rough illustration of the hatching sands. To enter post an rp post of a named character assisting with the operation in some way, stating the character and square they are in at the top of your post. For realism sake, please consider where your character is when they're searching. The ledges can only be reached by dragonback, so your character will need to have gotten a dragon to take them or be a dragon to search there.

Example:
Quote:
B'nk in square B3

Why had firelizards brought in leaves? And was this someone's shirt? B'nk huffed to herself as she stuffed the ripped shirt into her rubbish sack. It was awkward trying to sweep in between the benches of the stands, but she was going to have to do it.


You are welcome to have characters work together on the same square. This won't improve your chances of finding an egg, but we always encourage character interaction. If two characters search the same square, but there is only one egg, the first character to post searching the square will be given priority.

After you've posted you will be informed if your character found anything. Squares which have been searched will be marked with a black 'X'. Squares which have been searched and are known to have nothing on them will be marked with a red 'X'.

So what if your character has found an egg? If you receive a post saying your character has an egg you now have a number of choices:
1) You can keep the egg. Each player can only keep three eggs from this event. If you already have three eggs, but want to keep searching, you will need to get rid of one of your eggs using one of the other options before you can continue looking. You can move an egg from one character of yours to another if you wish. If you plan to keep the egg. Post "Keeping" at the bottom of your post.

2) You can give the egg away. If you want to give the egg to another player this is fine. However this will count towards the receiving players limit of three. To give an egg away put "Giving egg # to -player name-" at the bottom of your post. You don't have to give the egg away in that post, the character can keep the egg on them with the intention of giving it away later.

3) You can give the egg to the Headwoman. Eggs received by the Headwoman will disappear from play and cannot be retrieved. For each egg you give the Headwoman you will receive five marks in the marks shop. To give an egg to the Headwoman you need to ICly have the character hand the egg over to the Headwoman. The Headwoman will be making rounds checking up on the cleaning throughout the event, so your character can grab her at any time.

4) Your character can also attempt to sell the egg. Egg selling will be a mini-game held at the end of the event, where the eggs value will be determined by the egg itself, who your character is, how your character attempts to sell it and where they attempt to sell it. This option is a gamble for OOC marks and carries a fair amount of risk. To enter an egg into this game put "Selling egg #" at the bottom of your post.

Note: Your character can be in this thread and not playing the game. If there is no square mentioned at the top of your post then your character will not find an egg, but they are welcome to keep playing.

User Image
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:05 pm
Moluli in square 4D

Moluli wondered how so few firelizards could cause such a mess in so short a time. The teen stood for a moment with her hands on her hips, surveying her patch of sands to be cleaned. Barely four sevendays and the place wasn't fit to call a Hatching Ground. No wonder the Headwoman wanted volunteers.

Her young dragon had been fitted with shallow woven baskets to help carry debris clear of the sands. On a hill of warm sand sat her firelizard, Loceev, as he watched and cheeped. He'd also been recruited to help. Moluli wondered if he was in any way responsible for some of this mess. Only right he was now helping them clean it up.

She waded in and started sifting the sands with her hands. It didn't take her long to start turning up stuff.  

magnadearel


The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Questionable Survivor

9,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:11 am
magnadearel
Moluli in square 4D


While Moluli is shifting through the sand her hands unearth something.

User Image

This egg is medium sized, there’s some firmness to the shell, but it is less than a week old.
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:16 am
V'lon in square F5

It was disrespectful but the firelizards didn't know that so there wasn't much point getting mad at them.

Pitching in had felt like the right thing to do both just because it was - he couldn't sit by knowing the hatching grounds were a mess like this - and also as an example to other riders. If a wingsecond was willing to get his hands dirty why not them too? And he'd definitely needle and tease his wingmates if they didn't show; those who did would get offered drinks later.

Mirath dropped him off just where the tunnel flared out into the cavern itself and V'lon hopped down from his shoulders to begin the day's work with a big basket for junk slung over his broad shoulders and a smaller one for anything nice that turned up attached to his belt. This sort of work was familiar; not digging through hot sand - his riding gloves kept it from scorching his skin - but just being bent over doing something repetitive. He might have minded if he'd been ordered to do it but volunteering was very different even if it did remind him of less enjoyable parts of his life.

Bits of broken shell, clumps of soiled sand, and some scraps of old leather went over V'lon's shoulder into his basket as he worked and every so often his small green firelizard Weed swooped down to drop in something she'd found herself. "Good girl," he smiled as she dumped in a cracked old wineskin - who'd left that here? - "treats for you later, right?"

Weed gave a happy trill and flittered away again, her eyes whirling a happy blue as she searched for more stuff that was not sand in the sand. Find things, get treats!  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor


Scapanorhynchus

Skilled Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:50 am
Zeeana in Square C6

The firelizards had certainly made a mess of the place, and she could see why the head woman had asked for volunteers. If there'd been a larger group of weyrlings, this might have been a chore for them, but with only 8 of them, this probably would have been a bit much for just them.

Or, at the very least, would have taken much longer.

She smiled to herself, and then got to work sifting through the sand.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:53 am
TawnyAngel
V'lon in square F5


As Weed digs through the sand she unearths something.

User Image

This egg is medium sized, the shell is starting to harden, it is around a week old.
 

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Questionable Survivor

9,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Questionable Survivor

9,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:56 am
Scapanorhynchus
Zeeana in Square C6


As Zeeana sifts through the sand she unearths something.

User Image

This egg is small, the shell is starting to harden, it is around a week old.
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:19 am
Keeping F5 egg

Weed's flash of excitement tingled down V'lon's spine and he turned to her with his brows raised curiously. "What've you got- oh, well who's clever then?" V'lon abandoned his own search and headed over to where the little green was nosing gently at a bright orange egg she had uncovered. "You like it hu?" Might be nice to have another firelizard, company for Weed and something to keep him busy in his downtime; now that the wings were formed again and they had at least a hope of a future he couldn't spend all of his time occupied with a skin of wine.

With his decision made V'lon removed the small basket from his belt and carefully scooped the egg up along with a quantity of sand. Once it was secured to his belt again he held out his arm to Weed; she fluttered up, landed neatly, and leant into the scratches and affection he offered her. "Who's a good girl then hu? Who's good and smart?"

Weed chirped; it was her!

[Moving to F6]

The area he'd been working in looked clearer now, could probably do with another go over later but he'd got the worst of it and so V'lon headed on to continue his work a bit further down the cavern. As he approached a shard of pottery he tossed Weed into the air with a feeling of /go!/ which sent the green zooming and chittering excitedly away across the cavern.

She flew almost all the way across the sandy part of the cavern until she spotted a human doing the same sort of work as V'lon. It looked like she had found an egg too! Weed landed before Zeeana and chirped encouragingly at her.

Scapanorhynchus
 

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor


The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Questionable Survivor

9,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:35 am
TawnyAngel
V'lon in square F6


As V'lon walks across the sands, his stride disturbs something.

User Image

This egg is large, the shell is starting to harden, it is around a week old.
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:05 am
[Keeping F6 egg]

V'lon was a pretty big man with very big feet so it was something of a miracle that his booted foot merely nudged the egg instead of crushing it or punting it across the sand like a small sad football. As it was he hunkered down and brushed the sand away from around the little egg, though not so little fore a firelizard egg? V'lon's brow crinkled slightly and he scooped it into the little basket alongside the orange egg. Yes this dark blue one was a little bigger... should he be keeping both? V'lon shrugged and attached the basket to his belt again, he could always change his mind later right?  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor


Scapanorhynchus

Skilled Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:45 pm
[Keeping C6 Egg]

Oh! Look at that. She had found a small firelizard egg, slightly hard, and she lifted it up carefully. She wasn't sure if she needed another firelizard, but maybe this one might stick around more than her green did.

She was a little startled when the green landed in front of her, chirping encouragingly, and Zee grinned at her. "Hi there," She answered. "You helping clean up this mess too?"

Cleaning was less productive with egg, and she looked over to her green. If she cleaned up the area where Veitrath was laying, she could leave the egg there.

[Moving to D7]

That was a plan. "I'm going to go over to the green over there," She told the firelizard. "You can tell your person that if they'd like to leave any eggs they find with Veitrath, they can. She won't mind." She would tell the person directly, but she wasn't sure exactly who the green belonged to.

What are you volunteering me for?

Egg sitting. Zeeana responded cheerfully, walking over to where the green was laying. "I found a firelizard egg." She laid it next to her.

Well, I suppose it can keep me company. It's quiet at least. Zeeana laughed, and then got to work clearing g out the area.

TawnyAngel
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:58 pm
Scapanorhynchus
Zeeana in square D7


In the sand around Veitrath, Zeeana only manages to turn up debris.
 

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Questionable Survivor

9,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:28 pm
Keeping 4D egg

Starelth decided to help and picked up the obvious bigger pieces in her teeth and deposited them into the baskets on either side of her.

Moluli worked diligently for several minutes. Sifting sand free of the garbage and tossing it into the baskets. She started when her hand touched something familiar. She pulled it free of the sands and looked at the egg. Well. That explained some of it. Loceev gave some excited cheeping as he flew over to her shoulder to eye the egg.

Well, crack dust. She hadn't expected there'd be anything that she'd actually want to keep! Moluli pulled her lizard from her shoulder and looked into his eyes. "Go fetch a scrap of cloth." She pictured it. What she really wanted was a basket, but she doubted he'd be able to carry it. Loceev disappeared quickly and soon returned. With a shirt.

She sighed, but rubbed his headknobs anyhow. It would do until she got it back to her room. "Look Starelth, we've got an egg."

Yes it is Moluli. Wrap it up before it gets cold. The dragon took a look around her. I think we've fairly well cleaned this area up. Shall we move?"

The teen nodded. Some warm sand and the egg went into the shirt and was tied carefully. "Yes lets. How about over there? There's quite a bit of stuff." Maybe there was just a bit of hope there was another egg hiding in the sands. Once moved she set her shirt on Starelth's back as she and Loceev started unearthing trash.

Moluli in square 4C  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:36 am
magnadearel
Moluli in square 4C


As Loceev digs through the sand, his tiny claws uncover something.

User Image

This egg is large, the shell is very soft, it is only a or so day old.
 

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Questionable Survivor

9,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:50 am
Scapanorhynchus
[Weed - Moving to D7]


Weed didn't fully understand what the girl had said but she seemed nice and so when she moved on the little green followed and then set about digging around in the sand to help her out. More eggs? Other things? Exciting! If she found anything she would definitely tell the girl about it.  
Reply
Events

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games

Customize your own avatar now!

Join Now

Have an account? Login Now!