Ooc chatroom Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandora Green

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:57 am
Welcome to the guild. Feel free to talk about random crap here.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:46 am
Luo1304

Luo it's kay. Lets invite Kaze and do antihero stuff.  

___youwillknownihilism
Crew

Pandora Green

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:49 am
Praying Psycho Mantis
Luo1304

Invite anyone you think would enjoy this and be active. Launch is around the corner and your basicly in at the best launch point  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:17 am
Praying Psycho Mantis
Luo1304

That depends on if he'll actually remain active since he's all on the fence about guild roleplay. It would be fun to do stuff with him here, but yeah. You should ask him in our Quartet Skype chatroom.

@Rinkaku: Are we allowed to attempt making profiles, or are we waiting for more people to join? Just asking since I know attaining abilities kinda requires you guys to pick based on our backstory.  

Luo1304

4,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Pandora Green

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:35 am
Luo1304
Praying Psycho Mantis
Luo1304

That depends on if he'll actually remain active since he's all on the fence about guild roleplay. It would be fun to do stuff with him here, but yeah. You should ask him in our Quartet Skype chatroom.

@Rinkaku: Are we allowed to attempt making profiles, or are we waiting for more people to join? Just asking since I know attaining abilities kinda requires you guys to pick based on our backstory.
You can start your profiles if you wish, make sure to give us a detailed trigger event as well. Its not just the backstory. There was an actual science to the trigger events giving certain types of powers. But it was sorta vague at the same time in cannon as to what exactly caused what.

Give us as much detail as you can without writing a book.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:05 pm
Luo1304
Praying Psycho Mantis
Luo1304

I made a profile and started with a House that has an upkeep of 1600, so if ya still wanna do stuff with me here, we can split our housing cost by being roommates! If ya want that is smile  

___youwillknownihilism
Crew

Ultima228

Loyal Friend

18,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:39 am
I am here. Itll probably take me until next weekend to get my profile going but yo nice to meet you all. Rin broke me down and convinced me so she won and got me here XD  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:29 pm
Ultima228
I am here. Itll probably take me until next weekend to get my profile going but yo nice to meet you all. Rin broke me down and convinced me so she won and got me here XD
Welcome! Feel free to join us on Discord whenever if you have it. I can provide a link if you like.  

Mogaar
Crew

Dapper Genius

Caymi

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:29 pm

Hiya~ Nice to meet you all.

On average how long does it take for an ability to be made for someone? Just curious. :]

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:53 pm
Caymi

Hiya~ Nice to meet you all.

On average how long does it take for an ability to be made for someone? Just curious. :]
Depends how many need doing currently. We tend to make and post them in batches.  

Mogaar
Crew

Dapper Genius

Caymi

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:30 pm
Mogaar

Oh! Sorry if it came off wrong haha. Was just curious :]
Thanks~!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:41 pm
Caymi
Mogaar

Oh! Sorry if it came off wrong haha. Was just curious :]
Thanks~!
Nah it's fine. Yours is up now I believe.  

Mogaar
Crew

Dapper Genius

Caymi

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:50 pm
Mogaar

Another basic question I have (sorry again).

What if we don't like the abilities given to us? Perhaps it'd make more sense to post multiple abilities that could pertain to our character's trigger and let us choose?

Just mentioning that because I'm really not a fan of force fields. In fact...it's probably one of my least favorite ability types. sweatdrop

[Edit] I understand that came off rude, and I apologize. How limited are we with our abilities? Are they literal or can we bend them to some degree? Example with my force field one. If i take it literally then it is only defensive but if i can bend it, then i can use it offensively esc. <3  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:12 pm
Caymi
Mogaar

Another basic question I have (sorry again).

What if we don't like the abilities given to us? Perhaps it'd make more sense to post multiple abilities that could pertain to our character's trigger and let us choose?

Just mentioning that because I'm really not a fan of force fields. In fact...it's probably one of my least favorite ability types. sweatdrop

[Edit] I understand that came off rude, and I apologize. How limited are we with our abilities? Are they literal or can we bend them to some degree? Example with my force field one. If i take it literally then it is only defensive but if i can bend it, then i can use it offensively esc. <3

To be honest, your power may seem very specific, but consider its combination with other teammates? Say you have one that makes explosions and could harm civilians? Contain him and his target for controlled explosions. With your danger sense, you are capable of not only being able to find out who wants to harm you, but contain them. You have unparalleled crowd control capabilities. Now, it should be implied in your ability you control the size.

So check to see if you can make a large bubble to trap someone and constrict them. Or how long can you maintain it, since air won't pass through it. Worm as a series, and Parahuman has a guild greatly encourages looking at your ability and thinking in creative ways to apply it. Take Esper for example. His abilities allow for homing in on a target's emotions, and reading their intentions and allow their tracking within his range.

Up front, this is incredibly versatile in combat for tracking allies and enemy movements. Outside of combat? I can easily find the words to say to comfort someone. I can read the intentions of someone on a wide scale, allowing near precog levels of reaction time. This also means I can identify criminals before they strike. I am sure there are far more nuanced applications. But I can also shoot my blaster power nearly blind. Emotions persist within illusions. With all my other senses being deceived by a power, I can see through it just because of my emotion sense and the ability to pinpoint specific instances of aura.

So, think creatively about your powers and how they can be used as a tool. Supplement non-powered forms of offense to set traps to contain possible wide range effects (Smoke bombs, tear gas, etc.). Your force fields have a lot of options, use it to your advantage instead of taking it at face value. You may find force fields could become a favorite. Sorry if any of this sounded rude.  

Steel Lapin

Magnetic Bunny

10,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250

Caymi

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:22 pm
Steel Lapin

If you read what I said, then you'll see that I was asking if the abilities were literal or could be bent with imagination.

And no worries you aren't rude :]

My idea for making it something i could enjoy using, was the fact that i could manipulate the shape. I imagine that since the ability is hard to break from the outside, theoretically i could hit people with pretty powerful force just by making a force field and ramming it into them. Mainly I was confused about saying I could manipulate the shape, yet the name of the ability was bubble. So im trying to figure out how far can i go? Like could i make a small thin layer around my RPC like armor? Or could i go as far as making a giant hand out of the force field to smack things around.

I didn't mean any of it disrespectfully, i've just been in a guild similar to this a long time ago. And they didn't allow any imagination, you got what they said. And within only a week i found myself unhappy in it. So i'm testing the waters before i jump all in! biggrin  
Parahuman

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff