[PRP/BATT] Walk it off (Sarcel & Regina) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:38 pm
    The fronds were nice this time of sweep.

The trees were long and slender and blue, their leaves pink and lofty. It wasn't too long ago that such a sight gave her anxiety rather than solace; even now she could see the flames of the old spaceship, and further back she could see herself bathed in total inadequacy, too afraid to try and mingle with other highbloods. Turns out there was nothing wrong with the color blue. Actually, it was pretty damn nice.

Regardless of her current thoughts, she was a little nervous this time, albeit for different reasons. Being accepted into the queen's inner circle was something that she didn't take lightly, but it was still something that she could scarcely believe. To be able to talk with Regina on any sort of personal level was a dream that she never really wanted. Sure, it was a total honor and all, but she was fine fighting the good man's fight, throwing herself on the front lines without needed a name for herself. Course, if the queen had any use for her, she wasn't going to argue, but that still didn't help the situation. what exactly did someone say to the highest of royalty? Or was she just over thinking this? Regina was, after all, a troll just like Sarcel was and any other troll was.

Ah, but that was a terrible oversight of a generalization, wasn't it? The blueblood worried her thumbnail between her teeth, trying to keep her nerves at bay.

Truth was, she did want this opportunity to speak with Regina one on one, especially after the party and the tower... familiar inadequacies bubbled back to the surface for a brief moment, thoughts about things she could have done different (or thoughts on how she should have been there in the first place, where the tower was involved). She tried to tell herself that dwelling on the past was worthless when there was so much to plan out for the future...

Also, she had a few questions that she hadn't had the chance to ask, namely about one ex role model.

Her Majesty's chosen residence in the Fronds was definitely a noticeable one, and the amount of affluent highbloods swathing around the building made Sarcel give pause. Don't, she reminded herself, you've got affluence now too.

And it was true, because just how many trolls would be allowed inside, let alone behind the proverbial velvet rope? Not many. It's a lot like when she answered the call of that invitation; it's not a drone that greets her, it's a regular troll, and she's led off as soon as she had arrived, only there's no party this time and it's relatively quiet in comparison.

Sarcel tried not to look too tired or nervous when she walked through the doors, but it showed on her face regardless. At least it's overworking that keeps her awake rather than stress.

"I never did ask if a first name basis was alright," it's stupid, but it's also the first thing she thinks to say, so she blurted it out regardless. It's probably not the best reaction to being greeted with The High And Mighty Queen, but it's there. Hello Regina, here's one of the idiots you decided would be good to have on a VIP list.

amicableAggressor
i hope this is ok!!!! dies from cold medication

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:06 am
The block beyond was at first glance empty, apart from masses of blueprints. At the rattle of the door opening, one, hanging by a tack on the wall, slid down to join a pile on the floor. There was a small pause after the rustle of paper had stopped, then Regina's head surfaced from behind the large table, that still sat in the center of the room.

"Hm? Oh! Cincil, you're here. First names is fine, I'm just a bit old-fashioned 'bout that stuff. Royal upbringing and all."

Pushing herself up, she lied without thinking. Sarcel was still a subordinate, and it didn't do to be completely honest with them. Even if she was a blueblood, and therefore more equipped to handle things than oh, say, greenbloods. Wiping pencil smudges off her hands, she waded through the papers towards Sarcel with a hand out.

Melancholies
i will tame your post length with aggressively short replies, fight me. or regina

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:27 pm
    Don't jump!; she didn't, but the urge to tense was there. Not necessarily because of who she was dealing with, but because she wasn't expecting to see a head poke out of the sea of blueprints and documentation. Still, she couldn't help but c**k her head at Regina's explanation; Sure, it's fine, but don't expect me to do it in return. So did that mean it actually wasn't okay? But it wasn't like the Queen would care about simple accommodations, let alone to a blueblood like herself, right? Or maybe Regina was being legit with her in that way that only the Empress Of The World could be?

Alright, she was totally overthinking things, but that was pretty normal.

She didn't mind the smudges as she returned the hand shake. Of course, if she was gong to follow the first-name-not-first-name game, then what did she call her? It was too late to simple use her last name, but also far too awkward to use her first. She would just avoid "Regina Marian" in conversation if she could at all help it, then.

"Makes sense," she wouldn't make a big deal out of it, because it surely wasn't a big deal, "Do you... need any help with any of this?" Organization perhaps? she thought mildly "I don't want to distract you if you're busy." and that was just her being frank rather than formal, honestly.

amicableAggressor
sarce's thought pattern is rambly and so are her posts OTL SORRY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:17 pm
"Help..?" Turning to look at the room as Sarcel brought it up, she seemed to take in the warzone for the first time. It had been a three-way collision between the plans for the space towers - both sides, acquired quietly before the competition had begun - the reconstruction plans for both Four Fronds' spaceship 'adventure' and Civisect's surprise 'remodelling' - and finally the papers for the new project she had been working on with the cult. The chaos was understandable, if you knew where it was all coming from, but it did look a little terrifying.

"Ahh. Nah, I could probably dump it all out the window and get someone else to deal with it, 's just me being a**l about checking things over. Don't want any more unexpected explosions this year, eh? Ahahaha. Ahem." Turning back to Sarcel, she gave the blueblood a pat on the arm, and a perky smile. "Why don't we get outta this room and find somewhere nicer to talk? We can go on a little tour - find some place with less paper everywhere."

Melancholies

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:42 pm
    Sarcel blinked once, twice, three times for good measure. Was it because of how candid Regina was about the paperwork? The pat on the arm? Sarcel gave the papers a once over—those within eyesight anyway—but it was hard to make out any finer details. It probably didn't matter much anyway.

"Oh uh," she snapped out of her thoughts, missing Regina's bomb of an attempt at weak humor, "That's fine." but why wouldn't it be? And even if it was, she probably wouldn't say so to the Queen.

She stepped aside, "Lead the way, or after you, or um—whatever I guess." she said very eloquently.

amiableAggressor
gives u a damn tag before overwatch

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:07 pm
With a nod in return, Regina beckoned Sarcel through a second set of doors set in another wall of the block. The next room beyond was covered in maps, some of Alternia, some of places that looked decidedly more alien in nature. Large monitors and more piles of paper marked a pathway through this block to another set of doors on the other side. The entire room's paper-y information filled silence was underscored by the constant clicking of a line printer, feeding out a long, continuous sheet of paper into the overflowing mess. Of course, Regina was quick to break the atmosphere as she kicked pages out of their path. "Ah yeah, here we go, the power and prestige of monarchy. Don't worry about steppin' on any of it, most of this is complete trash."

Tugging open the doors on the other side, she led Sarcel out into a much calmer hall, free from the mess of information that had cluttered the two blocks. Turning to grin at the blueblood, she wiggled her eyebrows and jerked her head down the corridor. "Wanna check out my hivetop garden? It's got a fountain an' everything, real classy."

Melancholies

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:14 am
    Sarcel was almost awe inspired with how a cultivated chaos could go on and on for seemingly miles, but if she had any thoughts, she was silent about them. Regina had kicked the unending stream of paper away. Sarce still made an effort to step over them, but there was literally so ******** much that she ended up crunching them beneath her shoes regardless.

"Sure." Sarce sounded noncommittal. "It sounds... nice."

It sounded like a better place to talk about things too. It felt awkward to precariously dance around subjects, and Sarcel wasn't that great at small talk either...

amicableAggressor
I'm full of these smol posts now

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:04 pm
The empress had already started down the coridoor, her pace picking up as she got free of the clutter of paper. Still, she waited for Sarcel to catch up before starting up the stairway at the end of the hall. Leading her up at a brisk pace, Regina was quick to break the silence before they got too far. If her guest wouldn't carry the conversation, she was more than able to.

"So Cincil - it's nice to see you again. How's life been treating you?" Glancing back at the blueblood, Regina smiled winningly.
"Been up to anything illegal?" The laugh at the end was supposed to be reassuring - Sarcel wasn't on Regina's list of problem causers.

Melancholies
dances aggressively

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:31 pm
    Thankfully for Regina, Sarcel was a very brisk troll. She was kind of like a shadow, actually, with the way she kept up the pace. To the right troll, it might be kinda creepy. Thankfully for this experience, everyone seemed pretty chill.

"Illegal is a very relative term." She said offhandedly, not entirely thinking about it. Then again, it really did depend on who you were. Could the queen of Alternia really do anything illegal? "I think it's a safe bet to say no, though." The lack of tension in her shoulders meant she didn't take it too far to heart, thank god, but also because Sarce had no reason to doubt herself in the first place.

"I actually wanted to talk to you," Her eyes were following the hallway decor more than anything, "About a specific night a few sweeps ago. About Schrad. I didn't want to bring it up in front of the meeting we had..." Mostly because it was exceptionally personal...

...To Sarcel, anyway. And the incident with the Mother Grub was still so ******** fresh in her mind, that she swore she could still feel those leech monsters breathing down her neck.

amicableAggressor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:10 am
"Oh? Right, right." Regina waved a hand as she reached the top of the steps. Shrad had been in command of the big mission that had gotten Cincil's name in the military history logs. Apart from that, Regina didn't pay too much attention to he history between them.

There was no hallway up here, just a small vestibule and a door. "We're doing a musical on her, yanno? Going to be pretty much one hundred percent lies. But so was her life." Pushing it open, she glanced back at Sarcel, suddenly illuminated in strong, clear moonlight. Outside the door was a large hivetop garden, covered in small whippy trees, shrubs, and a training dummy lying on it's side, arms and face heavily slashed.

Melancholies
dances aggressively x2

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:19 am
    "So," Sarcel started slowly, "Everything she'd done... there was already a considerable cause for suspicion. The stint she'd done really had been an attempt on my life, that's what I'm gathering?"

But that was just life on Alternia. Everything was a vicious cycle to rise to some sort of power. Conquest was in all of their blood. She couldn't even be mad at a lowblood, not really, not knowing the struggles they faced on a day to day compared to her cushy lifestyle. But it still stung and it still hurt. Here's a chance at glory kid, I trust you, except--

Not really, hope you die.

"Sorry, rhetorical question." She quickly tried to cover up her messy doubts, "I figured it had been."

"It just sucks." Understatement of the century. Her own feet quickly brought her up to the expansive garden, her own body now bathed in the swath of moonlight. A lot of things sucked, she was figuring out, but at least she could be a driving force to change that.

amicableAggressor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:48 pm
"Mmm. Well it hadn't been your life specifically, I don't think. If any other highblood had opened their mouth they'd have been her target." Walking over to the dummy, the empress reached down behind it and, with a few tugs, pulled out a sabre that had been shoved deeply into its side. Then giving it a kick, she wandered over to a bush and fished out the weapon's sheath. "I mean, I think it was just an itch she had. Offing coolblooded trolls in secret. She'd been doing it her whole life, yanno? It was like ..."

Holding the blade up and inspecting it under the moonlight, Regina tilted it this way and that, staring calmly at the play of light on steel. As she spoke, her eyes didn't seem to focus on the blade. Her voice wasn't as strong and projected either, instead it sounded almost turned in, as though what she was saying was intended for herself only. "... her big warm secret that she had. All her life she hadn't really been free. Not really. Born a lowblood, drafted as soon as she could lift a weapon, she always belonged to something bigger. It was the only thing that was really hers, that tally in her head. It's easy to get fixated on something, if it's all you have."

Sheathing the sword abruptly, with a snap, the empress turned back to face Sarce. Her expression was focused and faintly amused, any traces of the other expression gone with such suddenness that it was hard to say if anything had even been different. "At least, that's what I can figure. I ain't no thinkpan expert though. Still, I suppose you wish you could have had the chance to extract some revenge."

Melancholies

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:57 pm
    Listening was probably the first skill Sarcel had ever learned. First it was following the erratic orders of her lusus, later in her life it was trolls that she thought could give her meaning in life. She couldn't quite put her finger on the way Regina's demeanor changed, and she didn't really have the time to dwell on it either.

"I'm..." There was a notable hesitation in Sarcel's voice, "Not sure it really would've mattered who killed her. She's dead now." Her eyes were fixated on the sabre, even as it was sheathed, "I guess the only thing salvaged is the fact that some other naive highblood won't get caught up in her hatred. It was my own fault for not realizing sooner. What worries me is, what's keeping someone else from following her footsteps? She won't be the last." And the problem was that, even if Sarcel saw her as a villian, there were assuredly lowbloods that saw her as a hero. She tapped the toe of her shoe on the ground like she was trying to displace a rock in the sole. The whole thing would've been sad if she hadn't been targeted for nothing but her blood. It probably had burned Schrad, knowing she'd been the accidental catalyst to Sarcel's military career.

"But I can think about it and conjecture all night without getting anywhere. I guess I only brought all of this up because I wanted some sort of closure, but that was a little foolish." She actually laughed at that, though it didn't sound particularly joyous, just a little sad, "Life goes on."

She was watching the dummy now, though it wasn't really going anywhere. "You really did a number on that." She noted quietly.

amicableAggressor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:14 am
"Oh, Schrad was nothing unique. I'm sure you got your own perceived debts to settle - it's when the settlin' gets larger than the debt, then we got a problem. Well, by we, I mean I. Fact is, there's a lasting problem here that I think you'd agree with." Trotting back over to the blueblood, she offered her the sabre. "You ever practised with a blade, Cincil?"
Melancholies

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:56 pm
    Sarcel couldn't help it, but her eyes narrowed softly at the thought. Schrad wasn't unique; she supposed she wouldn't be to someone like Regina. The Empress was on a completely different playing field than she was, after all.

"And what exactly might that be? My lack of skill with a sword?" Sarcel actually joked, and it was gone as soon as it came up, "But no, never. Unless you consider close quarter combat with a knife." Sarcel didn't seem to hesitate in her approach, but she paused before reaching out for the sabre, the weight both comfortable and awkward in her hand at the same time. Even if she had lied and said yes, it was plain as day that she had never handled anything like this in her life.

"Firearms typically do the job a lot quicker. But I suppose it never hurts to broaden your repertoire with weaponry." Sarcel was more or less mumbling to herself there at the end, her fingers running over the flat side of the blade.

amicableAggressor

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces