Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Feb-Apr 2024]] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:12 pm
User Image

Welcome to Hufflepuff Quidditch practice. This is where all Hufflepuff Practices will be held, as well as Hufflepuff team try-outs. Against the outside of the team locker room hangs three separate sheets of parchment: the team roster, rules and regulations, and the status of the field (open/closed). Throughout the duration of the Quidditch Season, the field will nearly always be open, allowing team members to work on their skills and maneuvers even outside of practice. The Hufflepuff Quidditch team strives to keep their tempo upbeat and assume a positive outlook while doing their best to maintain respectful values such as their hard work, determination, and dedication to the sport. Spectators, members of other houses, and other non-participants are welcome to observe practices from the stands only while team members are present on the field, are subject to the rules and regulations that apply, and are expected to treat both the field and team with the appropriate respect.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:14 pm
User Image
2058 - 2059 Hufflepuff Quidditch Team

Team Captain
Dominik Knapp

Team Vice Captain
Nora Jayne Dashwood

Keeper
TBD

Chasers
Ronald Quinn-Smith
Galen Saylor
Mason Olson

Seeker
Nora Jayne Dashwood

Beaters
Dominik Knapp
Jade Morris

Reserves
Benjamin Olson - Chaser

Porcelaine Ivory

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:15 pm
User Image

x Respect the field, equipment, and your team mates x
x Follow all instructions given by the Captain x
x Maintain positive behavior during practice x
x Give 100% effort at all times x
x Be on time to all practices x
x Equipment is required at all times during practice x
x Complaining, negativity, and tardiness will not be tolerated x

- Continuous breaking of these rules will result in suspension, up to your removal from the team, pending the Captain's decision -

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:16 pm
User Image

- Open -

Porcelaine Ivory

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:47 pm
User Image 
вαιεy яαε σιvεя

"нαvε α нεαяt tнαt nεvεr нαяdεns,

α tεmρεr tнαt nεvεr tιяεs,

α toυcн tнαt nεvεr нυяts."

┌ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ┐

Bailey stepped onto the field and smiled as a feeling of relief washed over her. This was her home. She began slipping into her new Quidditch gear, then set aside the equipment for each specific position in separate piles. Because it was her first year leading a full team, Bailey took the initiative to order new uniforms and gear, all made up of deep black and a bright canary yellow.

Using the Hover Charm, she drug a large brown trunk across the field to where she stood, unlocking it and throwing it open. Inside, several different types of balls rested, for the most part, peacefully. Both bludgers were safely strapped in, but their rogue behavior couldn't help but remind Bailey of her last lesson in Ghoul and Ghost Studies, where they were able to practice binding a noisy ghoul that was hiding in a trunk similar to this one.

Once everything was in order, she glanced down at her leather wrist watch, relieved to see that it was still a little early. She hopped onto her Firebolt, kicking off gently, but soaring quickly into the sky. Her dark brown hair whipped out behind her as she gained elevation, and she drew in a deep breath of the cool, afternoon air. Bailey made a few slow laps, then began practicing her maneuvers as she awaited the arrival of the rest of her team.

└ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ┘

User Image

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:48 pm
User Image
ωнαт ιs σи мч мιиם➸➸「I can't wait to get up there again 」
ωнσ ιs σи мч мιиם❥❥「My Trusted Broom 」

I'm dreaming of one kiss from you

A love long and true

We'll go on and on

Ryn walked onto the field her broom in her hand, and a smile on her face. Looking up Baily was already flying around, she waved and put her bag down. making it over to her gear, she pulled it on and secured it. Mounting her broom she flew up to meet her. "I see I wasn't the only one who wanted to get here early!" She yelled over to her.

I'm looking for one kiss goodnight

To last all my life

User ImageUser Image

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:41 pm
User Image User Image

Nevin walked out onto the field with his new broom. He had been a bit perturbed at the sound thrashing he had received from Ryn. He forced a smile as he neared the two girls. Quidditch seemed to bring out a much more competitive, aggressive side. "You know Ryn, it isn't personal or anything but one of these practice's Im gonna beat you" he joked and nudged her as he joined her by her side. As he laughed he turned when he heard the sound of feet. Thinking it was more of the other players he turned and froze. Why was she here. He knew that they had been accepting first years but her..of all people. He turned away without so much as a greeting.

Rose walked up nervously. She noted the blatant rudeness of her fellow Hufflepuff and in return showed him the same treatment. "Hey Ryn, Bailey" she said in her sweet tone as she stood with the others. "I am sorry but I do not have a broom of my own..will this be a problem" she asked feeling a bit nervous.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:02 pm
User Image 
вαιεy яαε σιvεя

Bailey flew in loop after loop, taking no time at all to get used to being back in the air; if it were up to her, she would never touch the ground, and would certainly consider erasing the concept of gravity if it were possible. The flicker of a flame from the corner of her eye caught the girl off guard, and she whipped around, skidding to an abrupt halt, where she sat leaning on her broom, the neck of it pointing at an angle in a defensive stance.

"Ryn!" She cheered, relaxing her posture and praying to the highest heavens that she hadn't noticed her absurd behavior. She didn't always react like a rogue feline in response to company...never, actually.

Recoiling from the uncertainty of her own reflexes, Bailey met one of her new chasers in mid-air, happy she was no longer alone.
"Practice makes perfect!" She replied to Ryn's comment. Her smile reached towards the stars, butterflies soared in laps around the pit of her stomach, and she could feel the heat scratching from the inside of her cheeks at the sight of Nevin on his way up to join them. Another weird reaction. What's happening to me? Bailey questioned her odd behavior beneath an iron mask which took the shape of a sturdy smile.

"Hi there, Nevin!" She greeted heartily, only moments before noticing the tension spilling out of both him and Rose as their eyes came in contact with each other. This short disconnection brought a dozen questions to Bailey's mind, but it was a dozen she would have to have answered later. A close-knit team could never be accomplished among the presence of hatred, but she knew that now was not the time.

"Hey, Rose." She added, hovering about ten feet from the ground."That's not a problem. I brought an extra one that I borrowed from the flying class. Not only are first years banned from having brooms at school, but I assumed you were not planning on joining the Quidditch team this year, so I didn't expect you to be prepared. It's over there, that pile of gear next to it is yours, as well." She gestured to a heap of equipment to her left.

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:44 pm
User Image User Image

"Hey Bailey!!" Nevin replied excitedly. It was great seeing Bailey again and she seemed in such a good mood. He wondered if she was alright when he noticed the small blush on her cheeks. He dismissed it at the moment as just the air hitting her face from flying fast. "I cant wait to get to playing again!!" he said laughing , his eyes closing as he did so.

Rose rolled her eyes at the display. Yet she had done so as not to seem smug. "Thank you Bailey" she said politely as she hurried over to where she had indicated. Before she gathered what she needed and put it on she turned,"Oh, you said you'd give me some flying lessons..seeing as I have not gotten proper lessons as of yet" she asked in her most innocent voice.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:35 am
User ImageUser Image

Kaera hurried out onto the field, dropping her broom beside her momentarily to pull on her beater gear and look around at everyone already in the air. Grabbing her broom, she mounted and soared upward to meet with the rest of her teamates, giving each of them a hearty grin in turn. "Hey there, guys! I can't wait to get started. How have you all been?"

User Image

User Image

Rechosia

Lauraisawesomeobvs

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:39 pm
User Image

User Image
First Year--Hufflepuff
User Image

I think I'll go for a walk,

Maybe out in the rain,

Maybe there'll be tears rolling down my face...

Jack roamed out to the Quidditch pitch, extremely nervous about the fact that she would actually be on the team. She didn't own a broom and she'd never even watched a match before, when she saw Bailey she sped up a bit and walked over to her. "Hi, I'm Jack Rhodes...I'm sorry but I don't have any equipment...", She looked a little embarrassed at the fact that she was completely unprepared, but she hoped that she'd be able to work something out.

...And I'd feel the pain.

Maybe think about something?

Maybe think about you?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:48 pm
User Image User Image

Nevin smiled and waved at Jack when she came out. It was nice having another first year join. He really didn't care much for the first one but this one was alright. "It's alright, Bailey probably has some gear for you too" he said in a cheerful tone.

"I dont either Jack but Bailey had some for me, she probably has stuff for you as well" she smiled. Rose was still on the ground holding onto the broom. She was waiting to get her quick flying lesson from Bailey.

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:19 pm
User Image 
вαιεy яαε σιvεя

Bailey had just finished pointing out Rose's broom and other equipment, when a somewhat unfamiliar girl approached her. Bailey landed on the ground without so much as a thump, and slowly stepped forward. As the Hufflepuff introduced herself as their other first year player, Bailey grew from nervous and wary, to quite pleased. "Not a problem! As both Rose and Nevin have predicted, I've gotcha a broom from the Flying instructor, and a fresh uniform and set of equipment for you, as well. Here you are!" She pointed towards the pile consisting of a beater's uniform, equipment, and another borrowed broomstick. "They're Cleansweep Sevens." She added, motioning to the broomsticks in both of the first years' hands. "Not the fastest broom on the market, but certainly better than what most kids are sporting at your age. It's equivalent to a Nimbus 2000, if you've ever heard of it."

Bailey greeted Kaera with a smile as she waited for Jack to suit up, and when she and Rose looked ready, (as ready as first years with no flying experience who were about to take flight could ever be), she nodded in response to Rose's comment and raised her Firebolt to call attention to her.
"Alright guys, I know not everyone's here as it's still rather early, but I'd like to explain what we'll be doing today in hopes of a successful first practice." Bailey lowered her broom and waited for the other players to land before giving instructions.

Taking another step forward, she said,
"As our newest additions to the team are lacking proper training in not only Quidditch, but flying in general, I will be working with them today. I would like the rest of you to get to know each other through practice. Nevin, since Yuan isn't here yet, I'll let you be in charge of those who are. Once everyone is warmed up, you guard your posts; Ryn, you try to embarass him further by scoring on him again; and Kaera, go ahead and let loose a bludger, do your best to keep it away from Aerynn. If we want this team to work, we all need to know how each of us plays, as well as each other, but we'll get to the second part during next practice. By the end of today, your goal is to each have a feel for the position you yourself will be playing. Go ahead and get started guys!"

Bailey moved closer to Jack and waved Rose over to them.
"Alright, you two. Do either of you know anything about either flying or Quidditch? Or even have any background of the two - perhaps family members who played?" She asked them curiously, but in a very light, laid-back tone.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:15 pm
User Image
ωнαт ιs σи мч мιиם➸➸「Lets get started! 」
ωнσ ιs σи мч мιиם❥❥「My Trusted Broom 」

I'm dreaming of one kiss from you

A love long and true

We'll go on and on

Ryn laughed at Nevin's greeting as he walked onto the field. "I'm ready for you" She joked with him. Then a new girl entered the field, "Hello, I'm Ryn." she smiled happy to meet someone new. Kaera showed up as well, "Hey Cuz! It's about time!" She said jokingly. Then another first year walked onto the feild. "Hey I'm Ryn, Chaser." She greeted the girl. She was excited to see the new team forming. After listening to Baileys instructions she giggled and flew down leaned to on side and put her hand out, snatching the quaffle, and pulled herself back onto the broom flying up to get in position for Nevin. Looking over to Kaera. "Hey you better not hit me with that thing!" She said jokingly, she trusted her cousin to keep her relatively safe. "Ready Nevin?!" She yelled to him. She kinda hoped she missed so he would feel better, though she would still do her best.

I'm looking for one kiss goodnight

To last all my life

User ImageUser Image

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:57 pm
User Image User Image

Nevin laughed and he zipped up to his spot in front of the goals. His whole demeanor was now in competitive mode. "Dont go easy on me! Give me all you got Ryn. If I can ever win against you then I know I'll do fine in a game" he said as he readied himself for the very well qualified chaser.

Rose smiled as she looked over the broom. When Bailey asked her and the other of their knowledge she spoke up first" Well all I know is how to mount and dismount and control the broom. I haven't been in the air yet. Although it does not frighten me to do so" she said holding on the the broom tightly. Excited to finally get to fly soon.

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff